darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon > Whoa... All of the sudden this game is getting *yawn*
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Whoa... All of the sudden this game is getting *yawn* [CLOSED]
Spyro2008 Ripto Gems: 1353
#1 Posted: 18:03:31 01/11/2008 | Topic Creator
What the title says...
(Wow, the old Spyro never got old honestly, it wasn't annoying or repetitive either. 0.0)
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#2 Posted: 19:05:42 01/11/2008
The other two games in this didn't get old to you? I kinda thought they did. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#3 Posted: 19:59:29 01/11/2008
Quote: Spyro2008
What the title says...
(Wow, the old Spyro never got old honestly, it wasn't annoying or repetitive either. 0.0)

the old games were VERY repetitive.
Dragonhope Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#4 Posted: 20:01:43 01/11/2008
Well, well, well, looks like this is quite a competition....you have enough fighting there. It just never get old here. I guess not one Spyro can get you but get used to it! Activision owns Spyro now and he will stay like this even if they convert to the Original series!
---
Gaccha! Tanoshii dyueru dattaze!
[smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#5 Posted: 20:02:30 01/11/2008
The old games were very annoying, boring, and imo stupid. A dragon running around collecting gems and killing people who die when you poke them...really didn't make Spyro seem all that special and unique from other dragons
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
#6 Posted: 20:37:49 01/11/2008
Yes, no air combos, and no flying!! Then why does Spyro have wings!?
---
Firestar Yellow Sparx Gems: 1897
#7 Posted: 20:40:51 01/11/2008
the reason he couldn't free-fly in other games is because then it would make the game too easy.
#8 Posted: 20:42:21 01/11/2008
But you have more freedom! Besides, you get some pretty scenic views for free-fly.
---
Firestar Yellow Sparx Gems: 1897
#9 Posted: 20:43:01 01/11/2008
well i dont think the thats what the developers had in mind, sadly smilie
#10 Posted: 20:52:11 01/11/2008
Yeah, sadly.
---
Spyro LUVA Blue Sparx Gems: 638
#11 Posted: 20:58:18 01/11/2008
What exactly do you mean when you say the LOS series gets old?
---
Look @ my YouTube channel! PLZ subscribe if you like!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SpyroLUVA
OBEY THE HIPNOTOAD! THE HIPNOTOAD KNOWS ALL!
#12 Posted: 21:00:33 01/11/2008
He means it's boring, Spyro LUVA.
---
#13 Posted: 21:02:10 01/11/2008
I know that, but how so?
---
#14 Posted: 21:03:15 01/11/2008
Dunno...Spyro getting mature? Him you-know-what? Who knows?
---
#15 Posted: 21:05:37 01/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Are you guys serious? Wow, The music is used, ANB and TEN are way to similar (as long as this one) they're all basically the same game, with no innovation much added into it. The music is bleh, every attack is mainly the same, all you do is jump, hit, breath fire (or Ice, Lightning, or Earth) and it wastes your mana.
I still liked it, but once you beat it it's not worth the $50.

What I liked about Spyro 1-3 (Which I really only count into the original series, 4 sometimes) is that each game had different music, was different, and had a lot more things to do! Plus it was more fun, and Spyro didn't look and sound ugly at all. The whole voice cast in TloS series is a terrible choice.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#16 Posted: 21:08:06 01/11/2008
Then why did you buy the LoS game series if you didn't like any of those they featured?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:11:02 01/11/2008 by Aura24
#17 Posted: 21:10:06 01/11/2008
Ignore her Aura! She's so negative, not to mention rude!
---
#18 Posted: 21:10:24 01/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aura24
Then why did you buy the LoS game series if you didn't like any of those they featured?

because I'm still a Spyro fan, I thought I'd give this game a chance.
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#19 Posted: 21:10:55 01/11/2008
Are you guys serious? Wow, The music is used, ANB and TEN are way to similar (as long as this one) they're all basically the same game, with no innovation much added into it. The music is bleh, every attack is mainly the same, all you do is jump, hit, breath fire (or Ice, Lightning, or Earth) and it wastes your mana.

What I liked about Spyro 1-3 (Which I really only count into the original series, 4 sometimes) is that each game had different music, was different, and had a lot more things to do! Plus it was more fun, and Spyro didn't look and sound ugly at all. The whole voice cast in TloS series is a terrible choice.

but there was no plot in the olde games.

STD:
get gems
play a few minigames
relese dragons
GTG:
get gems
play a few minigames
get orbs and talismains(sp?)
YOTD:
get gems
play a few minigames
get dragon eggs
ETD:
get gems
play a few minigames
get dragonflys.

BOOOOOOOOOORING!
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#20 Posted: 21:11:51 01/11/2008

I take it you did not play DotD yet, which is said to have more other things. It is not that the LoS games are bad, they are just not your kind of game.
#21 Posted: 21:12:09 01/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Tango

but there was no plot in the olde games.

STD:
get gems
play a few minigames
relese dragons
GTG:
get gems
play a few minigames
get orbs and talismains(sp?)
YOTD:
get gems
play a few minigames
get dragon eggs
ETD:
get gems
play a few minigames
get dragonflys.

BOOOOOOOOOORING!

Are you dumb?
There are plots, (I can't stand these LoS fans thinking they're better than the original's.)
Without Spyro the Dragon, you whiners wouldn't have TloS.
#22 Posted: 21:12:53 01/11/2008
No plots no awesomeness!
---
#23 Posted: 21:14:20 01/11/2008
This is off topic but I posted this all over the place and still no help so...
Where is all the armor in The Dam? I am missing one peice and it's in the Dam level. Also where are the blue crystals in the dam; I still need one and what about the elite enemy in the Catacombs? Where is he? I also need a read health gem from the catacombs.
---
#24 Posted: 21:15:09 01/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyro LUVA
This is off topic but I posted this all over the place and still no help so...
Where is all the armor in The Dam? I am missing one peice and it's in the Dam level. Also where are the blue crystals in the dam; I still need one and what about the elite enemy in the Catacombs? Where is he? I also need a read health gem from the catacombs.

Go ask Denri.
#25 Posted: 21:18:19 01/11/2008
I did; hasn't responded.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#26 Posted: 21:20:20 01/11/2008
Are you dumb?
There are plots, (I can't stand these LoS fans thinking they're better than the original's.)

The old Spyro games didn't have free flight, they didn't have a good plot, for example like going into different worlds or dimensions to get dragonflies or dragon eggs. They even didn't have what a dragon should normally do in his world, like riding in a tank or on a skateboard. Yes, I adored the old Spyro games back in the day, but now I like LoS series better than the old now because of its storyline, its change of characters, and the voice actors.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:24:02 01/11/2008 by Aura24
Miles Tails Gold Sparx Gems: 2059
#27 Posted: 21:24:26 01/11/2008
Yea.... the old games were all cartoonishsmilie Dragons dont fly planes!smilie (If you still like them better than these your just a baby...)
---
We are all chosen for greatness.....but, not all of us accept this greatness....
Pokemon Black and White...is comming....
#28 Posted: 21:24:36 01/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Are you dumb?

The old Spyro games didn't have free flight, they didn't have a good plot, for example like going into different worlds or dimensions. They even didn't have what a dragon should normally have in his world. Yes, I adored the old Spyro games back in the day, but now I like LoS series better than the old now because of its plot, its change of characters, and the voice actors.

Free flight isn't meant to be. As of what Insomniac told us a long time ago (I forgot the link, it was a while ago) Spyro was never going to fly. The plots weren't great, but they were laughable great. Not one company can create dragons perfectly. LoS series chose a laughable cast, characters, storyline (storyline; it's not meant for Spyro either! Spyro is NOT KRATOS JONES.) The character's suck too. I never liked the guardians much, and I barely like Cynder.
Also, I read a article while back and they told us if they didn't create the LoS series we wouldn't be able to see another Spyro game again.
What hags of lies. With how much Spyro made (IN THE PAST) they would want more.
#29 Posted: 21:26:04 01/11/2008
Are you dumb?

The old Spyro games didn't have free flight, they didn't have a good plot, for example like going into different worlds or dimensions. They even didn't have what a dragon should normally have in his world. Yes, I adored the old Spyro games back in the day, but now I like LoS series better than the old now because of its plot, its change of characters, and the voice actors.

Free flight isn't meant to be. As of what Insomniac told us a long time ago (I forgot the link, it was a while ago) Spyro was never going to fly. The plots weren't great, but they were laughable great. Not one company can create dragons perfectly. LoS series chose a laughable cast, characters, storyline (storyline; it's not meant for Spyro either! Spyro is NOT KRATOS JONES.) The character's suck too. I never liked the guardians much, and I barely like Cynder.
Also, I read a article while back and they told us if they didn't create the LoS series we wouldn't be able to see another Spyro game again.

Now you are just being thick headed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:31:27 01/11/2008 by Gwenio
#30 Posted: 21:28:39 01/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Gwenio

Not you are just being thick headed.

Do I care for your opinion? No.
And Miles Tails, I'm not the one still playing with Pokemon. So what if the first three Spyro's were "childish". They were full of innovation and were great Plat-formers and if they ever created them again it'd kick TloS's sorry [butt].
#31 Posted: 21:29:13 01/11/2008
Quote: Miles Tails
Yea.... the old games were all cartoonishsmilie Dragons dont fly planes!smilie (If you still like them better than these your just a baby...)

Im always ignored....smilie
---
We are all chosen for greatness.....but, not all of us accept this greatness....
#32 Posted: 21:29:55 01/11/2008 | Topic Creator

Im always ignored....smilie

If you read my previous post before yo would see my reply.
#33 Posted: 21:33:50 01/11/2008
OH! sry my bad!smilie
---
#34 Posted: 21:34:24 01/11/2008 | Topic Creator
OH! sry my bad!smilie

It's alright.
Cynder_Rox Gold Sparx Gems: 2322
#35 Posted: 21:35:27 01/11/2008
Spyro2008 is allowed to have his own opinion. You can't spend your entire life playing video games, anyway, so stop mopeing.

The 'legend' and 'original' Spyro games are both great; on whom you ask. I personally like the 'legend' trilogy better, but Spyro2008 likes the 'original' series better. That is just the kind of game he likes. Not everyone will agree with you. If they did, life would be boring, wouldn't it? It is just he likes, and I am fine with that. Here, it would be pointless to try to make him like it. Waste of time. I can't stop you, but it would be wise to stop arguing and fussing and move on. You can diagree, sure. Just don't spend your life on this.
#36 Posted: 21:35:57 01/11/2008
By the way....POKEMON IS NOT CHILDISH!! The tv series is though.....
---
#37 Posted: 21:37:18 01/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Cynder_Rox
Spyro2008 is allowed to have his own opinion. You can't spend your entire life playing video games, anyway, so stop mopeing.

The 'legend' and 'original' Spyro games are both great; on whom you ask. I personally like the 'legend' trilogy better, but Spyro2008 likes the 'original' series better. That is just the kind of game he likes. Not everyone will agree with you. If they did, life would be boring, wouldn't it? It is just he likes, and I am fine with that. Here, it would be pointless to try to make him like it. Waste of time. I can't stop you, but it would be wise to stop arguing and fussing and move on. You can diagree, sure. Just don't spend your life on this.

Eh, maybe because I love the Platformer Mario games too.

Also, Miles Tails, yes it is.
#38 Posted: 21:38:24 01/11/2008
JUst forget it.... Aura24 is right!
---
#39 Posted: 21:38:54 01/11/2008 | Topic Creator
JUst forget it.... Aura24 is right!

PokeMANZ are manlier. smilie
#40 Posted: 21:39:57 01/11/2008
Dragon have wings, wings are ment for flying, Spyro is a dragon, Spyro should be able to fly eventually. Stories are for Spyro now, and it is better that way as more people like them than there are people who prefer the lack of a story. The characters are great, you are just not into charaters or you are ignoring it purposely. As to there would not be any, were is YOUR proof that they lied? They have the info regarding his sales, so with out ironclas proof their word ir better than yours.

PS: Insomniac had no clue how to work with a dragon, that is why they left.
#41 Posted: 21:41:56 01/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Dragon have wings, wings are ment for flying, Spyro is a dragon, Spyro should be able to fly eventually. Stories are for Spyro now, and it is better that way as more people like them than there are people who prefer the lack of a story. The characters are great, you are just not into charaters or you are ignoring it purposely. As to there would not be any, were is YOUR proof that they lied? They have the info regarding his sales, so with out ironclas proof their word ir better than yours.

Dude, it's a game, maybe he was DISABLED?
#42 Posted: 21:44:56 01/11/2008

And you are not being reasonable. And he was never said as being such at any point, so there is no conflict. He can fly now and there was never anything in any of the games to say he could not.
#43 Posted: 21:46:35 01/11/2008 | Topic Creator

And you are not being reasonable. And he was never said as being such at any point, so there is no conflict. He can fly now and there was never anything in any of the games to say he could not.

Who cares Gwenio? As long as it was a good game, it's fine.
And YES, Insomniac has said in the past Spyro cannot fly.
Also, Insomniac left because they had no more idea's left for Spyro.
#44 Posted: 21:50:30 01/11/2008

Say where in the games that such was shown or said. Their games made it seem he would once he grow up, or why would he be learning how?

The exact reason was they had no idea what else to do with a charater that could not hold a weapon... Why does a dragon need a weapon? They are a weapon.
#45 Posted: 21:52:41 01/11/2008 | Topic Creator

Say where in the games that such was shown or said. Their games made it seem he would once he grow up, or why would he be learning how?

The exact reason was they had no idea what else to do with a charater that could not hold a weapon... Why does a dragon need a weapon? They are a weapon.

An article. -.-
Do I care?
#46 Posted: 21:55:43 01/11/2008
An article. -.-
Do I care?

That is not a game. What is actually in the games trumps what people say.
#47 Posted: 21:57:38 01/11/2008 | Topic Creator
An article. -.-
Do I care?

*/facepalm*
I'm talking about when Insomniac Games talked about him not being able to fly.
#48 Posted: 21:59:45 01/11/2008
An article. -.-
Do I care?

*/facepalm*

Overruled by Spyro flying in DotD. It was never canon, and now it never will be.
#49 Posted: 22:02:18 01/11/2008 | Topic Creator

*/facepalm*

Overruled by Spyro flying in DotD. It was never canon, and now it never will be.

That's because it's a re-boot of the series. It was canon but it's not any more.
#50 Posted: 22:04:06 01/11/2008

*/facepalm*

That's because it's a re-boot of the series. It was canon but it's not any more.

Never said in the games, it would not have taken a reboot to have him fly without contradicting what had come before.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me