Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > a review/rant on the new ninja turtles movie(some spoilers)
Page 1 of 1
a review/rant on the new ninja turtles movie(some spoilers) [CLOSED]
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#1 Posted: 01:56:34 09/08/2014 | Topic Creator
This film is just like maleficent; the rest of the movie outside the central character(s) doesn't hold up. Except with ninja turtles it's worse. The turtles are awesome in the movie, as well as the special effects and one action scene in the film. The rest of the action is done with shaky cam. The rest of the characters aren't any better. Megan Fox is just as functional as she was in... Well, everything. She should not have played April O'Neal. The rest of the cast is also bad. All of the other characters are barely existent. Even SHREDDER and SPLINTER are barely in the film. The writing is about on par with a standard Saturday morning cartoon. It feels like the tv show on the big screen and live action. And the last act of this film is literally a rip-off of The Amazing Spider-Man's ending. I usually don't complain about this much, but ninja turtles literally took everything: a chemical attack on a giant tower, the tower falling over, etc. Michael Bay only produced this, but I swear he must have used the director as a cover-up, because this has some of the problems HE brings. The Foot Clan is changed to military soldiers in what was clearly his move, there are quite a few product placements, and there are some Bay jokes in there as well.

The ninja turtles typically haven't done well on the big screen with those other than fans, and im only a minor fan. Regardless, this is a poorly made film that doesn't offer much outside its lead characters and special effects. This isn't the worst film I've ever seen, but it'll definitely be on my worst for this year.

3/10, rant over.
---
Cool cool.
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#2 Posted: 04:34:55 09/08/2014
Is it bad I liked more than godzilla?
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
AmethystRose Yellow Sparx Gems: 1132
#3 Posted: 05:00:08 09/08/2014
Quote: Sleepy0429

*le gasp* You didn't just say that. smilie
I agree that Godzilla wasted perfectly good screentime on the people characters rather than Godzilla himself though.
And about TMNT... I wasn't even planning on seeing it, it looked pretty bad from the trailer and I could tell it was going to be a flop.
---
ϟ Break my heart, break me til I fall apart. ϟ
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#4 Posted: 15:13:14 09/08/2014
I didn't have high expectations anyway. I'm not a Turtles fan and Bay's production company is usually a red flag.

Quote: Sleepy0429

Why? I'm legit curious.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:17:51 09/08/2014 by CAV
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8572
#5 Posted: 16:49:52 09/08/2014
Tonight I dine on turtle soup.

If you want a more mature TMNT VERSION READ THE COMICS.
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#6 Posted: 23:15:24 10/08/2014
At least TMNT showed what they are advertising and didn't cut away.
Same with GOTG.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me