darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Thoughts on currently revealed cores!
Page 1 of 1
Thoughts on currently revealed cores!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 22:36:01 08/08/2014 | Topic Creator
yes, come and talk about the cores.

Food fight- i love this guy. he's so funny! BUY (dark)

Chopper- yet again, another cool dude. love the gryosuit deal. BUY

Funny Bone- design looks great, and the last TFB dog skylander was very cool, so i'll give him a shot. BUY

The 3 frito lay 'landers- Bat spin? no. flip wreck? maybe. High five? YES.

Rocky Roll- sadly, this guy does not look cool at all. NO BUY

Fist Bump- AWESOME. he's so badass! BUY

Torch- i had an idea for a skylander with flaming hair and a flamethrower, so yeah! BUY

Tread Head- not appealing. NO BUY

Deja Vu- if she has time powers, then take my money! BUY

Blades- awesome! BUY
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#2 Posted: 22:41:02 08/08/2014
Just wondering. Why don't you like Tread Head? He looks the most unique out of all of the new Cores.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#3 Posted: 22:43:12 08/08/2014 | Topic Creator
his attacks might be limited because he's stuck in a mechanical dorito.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#4 Posted: 22:50:56 08/08/2014
Food Fight - I like artichokes anyway but I'm not too into his gameplay; but he's coming in the Starter Pack so I'm not even mad.

Chopper - Buzzer Beak will kind of be a free melee version of him, but flying t-rex is flying t-rex. Not enough for me to buy, however.

Funny Bone - Another dog AND another skeleton; if I even consider him, I'd rather see the gameplay first

Frito Lay Trio - God, please not Flip Wreck plus "backstory". Bat Spin/Frightengale really depends on gameplay. High Five is a dupe Life element though I really like his name and backstory, so not a choice for me.

Rocky Roll - Another Rock and Roll pun, plus it seems to share a lot with Food Fight. I'll stick to Bash, thanks.

Fist Bump - He looks really different from everyone else and seems like he'll have some nice gameplay, but I said the same about Scorp last year before his backstory and gameplay absolutely ruined it for me. We'll see.

Torch - Better than Smolderdash and it's an AWESOME twist for the forgery-related Fire skylanders (everyone else is armor or an actual furnace which still looks like armor). However, I don't think there's anything in her that'd ever make me buy if I could.

Tread Head - I'd rather know what in the world is that thing first, really, but mostly I really can't find anything that makes him stand out from the rest of the Tech characters. Probably shoots some gears or lasers or treadmill pieces - nothing that'd make me want to replace Drobot and Trigger Happy with.

Deja Vu - Looks awesome, hopefully plays awesome, and comes with the hypest of the Adventure Packs. BUT I can only afford one and it's not this one. If only :I

Blades- Walking swiss army knife, hopefully the gameplay reflects that because why the heck would you stick so many sharp stuff into the poor thing for other than that, but it looks pretty cool and varied already compared to the other dragons. And comes with the adventure pack that I want. Aside from the Starter Pack and an Undead Trap, it's the first figure I'm looking for!
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#5 Posted: 01:24:38 09/08/2014
Food Fight - Ehh, I usually don't like the Starter Pack characters, but I like him a bit.

Chopper - He'll definitely be one of the first ones I'll pick up (unless there's some sort of chase figure/exclusive on the shelf). He's a pretty charming little guy, attack and design-wise.

Funny Bone - I like his attacks and his design, but he doesn't seem the best.

Torch - Strong female character = instant buy. I don't know why, but the female characters always appeal to me the most.

Rocky Roll - I really like his design, but I really want to see his gameplay.

Flip Wreck - Interesting design, but if he won the contest, his backstory is a total wreck.

High Five/Buzzerker - Second favorite out of the Frito Trio

Bat Spin/Frightengale - Oh, jeez, don't get me started about the Frito Lay name. The character herself is my favorite Core so far. I really wanna see her gameplay.

Tread Head - Hmmph, this little guy seems very interesting. He's pretty unique, but I'd like to see his gameplay.

Deja Vu - Attacks with a tuning fork? Holds an hourglass? I definitely like her a lot.

Blades - He seems pretty interesting overall. Not my favorite Air character (beaten by Warnado and L-Rod), though.

Fist Bump - I really have no comments on him, except that he seems like he could become an interesting character.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:25:11 09/08/2014 by Matteomax
SackBoy01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#6 Posted: 01:33:59 09/08/2014
Quote: ZapNorris
his attacks might be limited because he's stuck in a mechanical dorito.

smilie That is the best thing I have heard today
---
ded
uttster13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2701
#7 Posted: 01:42:18 09/08/2014
I'll be getting all of them eventually.

Food Fight- Meh. I'd rather have Chopper or someone else be in the Starter.

Chopper- I'll be getting him at start. He looks like he could take over Trigger Happy's place of a flagship character.

Funny Bone- Looks a little dry, it's really up to his gameplay to decide when I'll get him.

Torch- She really unique in terms of a female character. I'll get her ASAP.

Rocky Roll- He looks blan, but like Funny Bone, it's up to gameplay.

Flip Wreck- I like his design, but his backstory is awful. I'll get him whenever.

High Five/Buzzerker- He looks just as any other life character.

Bat Spin/Frightengale- She has potential to be the coolest Core out there. I hope she doesn't when, because Bat Spin is a horrible name.

Tread Head- He looks interesting, a must buy for me!

Deja Vu- She looks cool, but she'll be picked up whenever.

Blades- Meh. He just doesn't appeal to me.

Fist Bump- My favorite so far! Hopefully TfB doesn't pull a Scorp on us with him.
---
A story.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:32:25 09/08/2014 by uttster13
preciousawaken Yellow Sparx Gems: 1774
#8 Posted: 02:01:35 09/08/2014
Food Fight- Least favorite out of all the revealed cores. His gameplay seems boring to me.

Chopper- By far my favorite of the revealed characters. He could challenge Wind-Up for my favorite all time.

Funny Bone- Looks a little boring but I have to see gameplay first before I determine when I will buy him.

Torch- She is really unique but need to see some more gameeplay first.

Rocky Roll- He looks interesting but really need gameplay before I make a determination.

Flip Wreck- Design is ok backstory is stinky but want to see his gameplay first.

High Five/Buzzerker- He looks interesting but want to see him first. Is my favorite of the Frito contest characters.

Bat Spin/Frightengale- She has some potential but have a feeling I may not like her as much as I hope.

Tread Head- Definitely different but want to see some gameplay.

Deja Vu- She looks really cool...hope the attacks fit that. Want to see some gameplay

Blades- Super excited about him..definitely could be in my top 10.

Fist Bump- Not quite sure about him yet...could be good and could be really bad.

I know I will buy them all but not sure how quickly. Definitely want to see gameplay first before I make a final determination on when I will buy.
stealth Yellow Sparx Gems: 1040
#9 Posted: 03:09:32 09/08/2014
Am I the only one who's least favorite is fist bump?
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#10 Posted: 06:10:32 09/08/2014
Food fight- didn't like him at first but I have warmed to him mainly due to his game play.

Chopper- awesome character. By far my favourite tech skylander

Fist bump- he looks like he will be a beast

High Five- Iife and a dragon. He is a must have.

Bat spin- love the character just not the name

Flip Wreck- Really have no comment on him yet

Torch- she seems pretty good. An awesome girl skylander

Tread head-to obscure for my liking

Blades- He looks so good. I want him bad.

Deja vu- original female character. I like her.

Rocky roll- a bit underwhelming for me

Funny Bone - I am still unsure on him
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#11 Posted: 06:18:47 09/08/2014
Food Fight: Yes, also gives me a reason to tell mum not all veggies are good for ya

Chopper: A dinosaur that can fly, sure

Fist Bump: Looks a lot like Series 1 Terrafin's pose, but still looks pretty cool

Torch: I really like her and I would love new female Skylanders to join my ranks

Funny Bone: It's like Series 1 Hot Dog's pose and I'll have to see more of his powers first

Deja Vu: A tuning fork and a hourglass. Her powers better have something to do with sound or time

Blades: I just want him for no reason at all, he just looks cool

The rest of the Cores: No sure about them
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#12 Posted: 07:22:07 09/08/2014
Food fight- Seems a little boring.

Chopper- Unique and adorable. Definitely excited.

Funny Bone- Seems uninspired.

The 3 frito lay 'landers- I'll wait for figure pics.

Rocky Roll- Boring. And I'm sick of that similar face!

Fist Bump- Seems okay....

Torch- Gonna buy.

Tread Head- Very unique and I love the tech characters.

Deja Vu- I like the design but idk how her attacks will be yet.

Blades- Cool design and love her weapons.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#13 Posted: 09:03:31 09/08/2014
I'm getting them all anyways.

Food Fight-Okay gameplay so far.

Chopper-I really like his gameplay.

Funny Bone-Haven't seen a lot of gameplay from him yet.

Torch-Pretty neat gameplay so far.

Rocky Roll-Looks cool but I need gameplay!

Fist Bump-Seems like a Fryno.

Thread Head-Like the looks of him so his gameplay should be unique.

Deja Vu-Could have some pretty unique gameplay.

Blades-Pretty cool, shouldn't be too unique though.
---
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
#14 Posted: 09:27:33 09/08/2014
Food Fight - Okay. Although, his design looks boring compared to his prototypes.

High Five - Since he's a dragon, he's one of the ones I'll be buying even if I'm not getting the game.

Chopper - I like dinosaurs and I think he's cute so he's another one I'll be getting.

Tread Head - Although his design looks original and he'll probably have unique attacks, he doesn't really appeal to me.

Flip Wreck - I'll see what gameplay he has first.

Torch - She looks cool. Might buy her.

Bat Spin - Looks too similar to Hex and name sounds lame.

Funny Bone - I like him because he's a dog, but his gameplay looks too generic.

Deja Vu - I've always wanted a Skylander with time based abilities so I might buy her.

Blades - My favourite one so far. Definitely buying for my dragon collection.

Fist Bump - I'm interested in what his backstory would be, hoping it'll be related to Kaos.

Rocky Roll - Doesn't look appealing to me.
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#15 Posted: 09:39:25 09/08/2014
Food fight- he looks cool but the tomatoes are fruit not veggies since fruit has seeds and he's vegi himself

High five: he's awesome dragon fly I want him so bad

Tread head he's kinda cool but hes stuck in a treadmill

Chopper I love dinos so he's cool

Funny bone a cool design for undead

Blades a very first air dragon since he's not hybrid He's awesome
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#16 Posted: 12:36:07 09/08/2014
Whelp, here I go.

Torch: Well, at first, I absolutely despised her design, but when I saw her gameplay, she is now one of my favorites. The flamethrower is awesome!

Flip Wreck: Eh, he seems like he could be cool. I just need to see gameplay. And don't even get me started on the backstory.

Deja Vu: She is so cool! A (hopefully) time based skylander? Take my money already.

Chopper: Well, design-wise, this guy is so adorable! His gameplay is amazing! I love being able to shoot the rockets, the propellor charge, it's all so cool!

Tread Head: Since we've only seen his figure, all I can say is that he looks like he'll be a very unique character.

Blades: He is awesome! Can't wait to see his gameplay!

Fist Bump: He looks like he'll be a really fun character. Still waiting on the gameplay.

Rocky Roll: Hmm....not so sure about him....though, before we saw his gameplay, I wasn't so sure about Spy Rise

Food Fight: He seems like an absolute waste of a character. His design (to me) is boring, his gameplay isn't that fun, and compared to his prototypes, he seems terrible. Too bad he's in the starter pack.

High Five/Buzzerker: Well, he seems like he could be a really cool character, just hope they don't pull a Scorp on us.

Funny Bone: He looks so cool! Well, besides for the fact that he looks like a skeletal Hot Dog...but his gameplay makes up for that!

Bat Spin/Frightengale: She seems interesting. Just hope that name isn't the one that wins.
---
#hu
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:36:46 09/08/2014 by Rickorio
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#17 Posted: 14:41:29 09/08/2014
My favourite Core so far is Rovky Roll. I think he might be able to damage enemies simply by rolling into them, an attack where he separates from/launches his boulder, and a dash attack. My second favourite is Blades, because he reminds me of SSA 3DS' Dark Spyro, and my third favourite is Deja Vu because I think she might have time-based powers.

Out of the Cores we've seen gameplay of, Food Fight is my favourite (he reminds me of Shroomboom), and my least favourite is Funny Bone (he looks like another quadruped who shoots projectiles).
---
You can't handle MEMES
talon4000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#18 Posted: 16:47:52 09/08/2014
I don't have the budget to get too many skylanders, so most negativity is sour grapes (I won't have it so I'm going to try to convince myself I don't want it)

Food Fight- he looks cool, gameplay doesn't look great, but rolling around on a tomato looks fun, and his zucchini under-barrel looks cool

Chopper - I love Chopper, I want him now

Funny Bone - Cute, but not interested in his gameplay

Torch - Cool, but kinda meh

Treadhead - Depending on gameplay he might be cool, I'm not sure how I would design a character that was stuck inside a tread

Fist Bump - Ugly, but I do like melee characters, so gameplay might redeem him in my eyes

Deja Vu - Very interesting, I'll keep an eye out for gameplay

Rocky Roll - Nope

Blades - Looks a little derpy, but if he can dash through enemies with blades flying I would be interested

Flipwreck - I have high hopes for him as long as his backstory is redone

Bat Spin - no, no, no

Frightengale - Heck yes (I realize that they are the same character, but Juliet is wrong a rose by the name garbage gargler would not smell as sweet)

High Five - Bleh, unless his or her gameplay is hecka sweet
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:48:58 09/08/2014 by talon4000
Technos Green Sparx Gems: 159
#19 Posted: 21:04:26 09/08/2014
The only cores I'll be getting are Food Fight, Deja Vu, and Blades. I don't care much about cores and want the starter pack and adventure packs containing these characters. So I'll have to add these characters to my collection.
---
Favorite skylanders of each element:
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#20 Posted: 21:38:35 09/08/2014
Ones I'm getting at the moment are Food Fight, Fist Bump, Rocky Roll, Batspin, Treadhead, and even Torch.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SirKev7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1251
#21 Posted: 13:10:29 11/08/2014
Food Fight looks cool. None of the others has impressed me that much. Chopper looks okay I guess. Oh, and if High Five gets voted then he looks good too.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me