Page 1 of 1
New Trap Holder Pics
MatthewGlenHill Green Sparx Gems: 189
#1 Posted: 02:19:20 06/08/2014 | Topic Creator
So here are some new pictures of the trap holder, I think we might actually be able to get a pretty accurate count from these ones, you can find the original picture at skylanders.com/tour. I count a total of 46 the same number I got from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRZCe045Zrs at 0:15 a while back, which is not 8 per element... hmmmm....
[User Posted Image]
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:36:06 06/08/2014 by MatthewGlenHill
MatthewGlenHill Green Sparx Gems: 189
#2 Posted: 02:20:57 06/08/2014 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

Maybe a few of them are whited out too, look at the ones at the bottom of the holder...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:26:07 06/08/2014 by MatthewGlenHill
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#3 Posted: 02:28:32 06/08/2014
Woah... hold on... look at the 3rd tv on the first picture... is that... TESSA?!
So Tessa will be in this game.
---
now its time to get funky
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:31:23 06/08/2014 by xXBeavcoonXx
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#4 Posted: 02:31:36 06/08/2014
Try this

[User Posted Image]

**Ah, you fixed the link while I was doing it. Well this one is rotated now.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:32:58 06/08/2014 by GothamLord
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#5 Posted: 02:35:26 06/08/2014
Wow now that's a good shot at the holder. It's much larger than I thought it would be and it's really cool.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
swanylyn Gold Sparx Gems: 2738
#6 Posted: 03:04:45 06/08/2014
Quote: MatthewGlenHill
[User Posted Image]

Maybe a few of them are whited out too, look at the ones at the bottom of the holder...

Now this is just a guess based purely off of the previous games but I would say that the trap slots are purposefully left whited out with simply and element so that they may be replaced with the stickers you get when buying new traps. Just like the ones that come with the characters that you can overly onto the poster slots.
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#7 Posted: 03:16:54 06/08/2014
Quote: xXBeavcoonXx
Woah... hold on... look at the 3rd tv on the first picture... is that... TESSA?!

We knew Tessa was in the game for a while. She was shown off in the game's reveal.
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#8 Posted: 03:17:41 06/08/2014
Quote: Failinhearts
Quote: xXBeavcoonXx

We knew Tessa was in the game for a while. She was shown off in the game's reveal.

Wow. I really need to catch up on this news. smilie
---
now its time to get funky
#9 Posted: 03:17:53 06/08/2014
Or... Activision knows how we work by this point, and being the super secret squirrels they are being this year on everything, have whited stuff out to keep us from "leaking" anything. They know people are going to be taking pictures like crazy. If the slots need stickers, that implies a major amount of variants or characters only available in store bought traps coming out. That wouldnt end well at all.
#10 Posted: 03:21:56 06/08/2014
I think the weirdest thing these images show is how magic oddly enough only has 5 villains to catch as opposed to 6 we can see on the other elements. I wonder why that's the case. Maybe that Trap team logo won't be there on the final version, but it's just something weird I wanted to point out for everyone else to know.
---
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#11 Posted: 03:22:23 06/08/2014
Quote: GothamLord
Or... Activision knows how we work by this point, and being the super secret squirrels they are being this year on everything, have whited stuff out to keep us from "leaking" anything. They know people are going to be taking pictures like crazy. If the slots need stickers, that implies a major amount of variants or characters only available in store bought traps coming out. That wouldnt end well at all.

Shhhh, stop giving Activision ideas that they'll probably use. By the way, I see Activision as being more of a Morocco Mole.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
#12 Posted: 03:33:30 06/08/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster617
I think the weirdest thing these images show is how magic oddly enough only has 5 villains to catch as opposed to 6 we can see on the other elements. I wonder why that's the case. Maybe that Trap team logo won't be there on the final version, but it's just something weird I wanted to point out for everyone else to know.

Perhaps the missing slots on the element is for a villain that you otherwise need to capture by playing in an Adventure pack. As the packs arent technically required, they weren't added into the main box? That of course seems a bit silly in my opinion, but might at least be an explanation to the numbers being off.
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#13 Posted: 03:43:47 06/08/2014

the two centre columns are missing one as well, there is a hole between where the two holes should be.

the video posted earlier pretty much shows how they are spaced out.

and i think you are right about the white spaces being there so clever people don't get photos of all the villains before they want us too
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
#14 Posted: 03:43:57 06/08/2014

Perhaps the missing slots on the element is for a villain that you otherwise need to capture by playing in an Adventure pack. As the packs arent technically required, they weren't added into the main box? That of course seems a bit silly in my opinion, but might at least be an explanation to the numbers being off.

Oh you are very clever that's some good deduction there. You know what? That would explain everything since Deja Vu is in the Mirror of Mystery ad. pack and maybe the villain in that pack is the sixth magic villain. Good thinking again I like the way you think.
---
Technos Green Sparx Gems: 159
#15 Posted: 03:59:36 06/08/2014
Yeah. I knew there was going to be less than 48. There were a few empty spaces on the box when I saw a close-up of it on the starter pack box video. Those white banner holes still remain a mystery for me.
---
Favorite skylanders of each element:
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#16 Posted: 04:14:43 06/08/2014
Looking at the box I'm suspecting to there are going to be six villains now per element. The two slots that are short by one are clearly missing to leave room for the Kaos Trap. Zooming in a lot, its distorted but you can see the color is black, just like the trap for Kaos. Plus its basically in the center, so it makes sense for his placement. If the two missing slots are defaulted to being part of the Adventure packs, that really only leaves 1 slot missing on the box because of the Trap Team logo. Given we have a bunch of slots whited out (ACTIVISION SECRETS) the idea of the logo being removed its that far fetched, or the idea that we still might have some weird hidden trap villain yet to come through some other pack accessory or collector means. I would consider the idea that it was still five villains per element with extra slots for variants per made, but we dont seem to have an extra slot visible for the RIOT version of Shield Shredder or Outlaw Brawl and Chain thats visible in this image, -

http://s27.postimg.org/499ncth1v/image.jpg

So I doubt that the variants are taken into account on the box.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:17:02 06/08/2014 by GothamLord
#17 Posted: 04:25:55 06/08/2014
Also I think in the white banners I see question marks. If they ARE question marks, I guess that means these are for secret/rare villains.
---
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#18 Posted: 04:57:45 06/08/2014
so it looks to me like 5 elements have 6 villains and 3 elements have 5 villains. two of the columns that have 6 slots, life and water, have confirmed variants, so it is possible that tech, shown with 6 in the picture GothamLord added, and two other elements(out of air, earth, undead and fire, as magic is shown to have 5) wil have a variant villain.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#19 Posted: 05:33:11 06/08/2014
Looking at the colors, the three elements with only 5 villains are Undead, Earth and Magic.

The order of the elements is: Tech - Water - Life - Undead - (Kaos) - Earth - Air - Fire - Magic

@GothamLord: Undead an Magic could be explained by the adventure packs, which seem to contain villains of these elements - Undead: Nightmare Express, Magic: Mirror of Mystery. Not so sure about Earth, though.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:51:01 06/08/2014 by Nightmoon
YerMomsFaceHere Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#20 Posted: 05:42:47 06/08/2014
Pardon me for asking this...if it's already been asked....but isn't this just the starter pack box kinda folded inside out? I mean its just cardboard isn't it?? Seems rather flimsy.....
---
Sugar momma's , look no further!
#21 Posted: 06:00:48 06/08/2014
Quote: Nightmoon
Looking at the colors, the three elements with only 5 villains are Undead, Earth and Magic.

The order of the elements is: Tech - Water - Life - Undead - (Kaos) - Earth - Air - Fire - Magic

@GothamLord: Undead an Magic could be explained by the adventure packs, which seem to contain villains of these elements - Undead: Nightmare Express, Magic: Mirror of Mystery. Not so sure about Earth, though.

Yeah, as my theory, I see Undead and Magic covered by the Adventure Packs for the villain. Do we have confirmation there are only two adventures packs? We know two were leaked, but does that rule out a third that we arent currently aware of yet??
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#22 Posted: 10:58:08 06/08/2014
Quote: Nightmoon

Yeah, as my theory, I see Undead and Magic covered by the Adventure Packs for the villain. Do we have confirmation there are only two adventures packs? We know two were leaked, but does that rule out a third that we arent currently aware of yet??

No. We haven't received any confirmation about the number of the Adventure Packs.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#23 Posted: 11:05:48 06/08/2014
It seems like a bad idea to have villains for the adventure pack, but not included them in the trap box. That would give people a sense that they have all the traps without the adventure packs, which would discourage sales of adventure packs.

I also have a hard time believe the the white label holes are just so we don't leak who's on the trap. If that's the case why did we already get a picture of the box with previously unannounced villains, like the Chompy (off the top of my head). I would say that this are villains that they aren't going to announce at all, to be discovered in game. Or perhaps they are for variants, 6 variants sound right. Or perhaps...they haven't made those villains yet, and it's future DLC. Or maybe they're nothing at all, just 6 extra slots for duplicates. If you exclude the white label holes, they still have 41 villains.
#24 Posted: 11:34:32 06/08/2014
Quote: melvimbe
It seems like a bad idea to have villains for the adventure pack, but not included them in the trap box. That would give people a sense that they have all the traps without the adventure packs, which would discourage sales of adventure packs.

Normally I would agree with this, but starting with Swap Force, they have released Adventure Pack characters (PopThorn and Wind-Up) as singles. That clearly discourages sales of full adventure packs. We've also seen Blades in a triple pack outside of the Adventure Pack.

Quote:
I also have a hard time believe the the white label holes are just so we don't leak who's on the trap. If that's the case why did we already get a picture of the box with previously unannounced villains, like the Chompy (off the top of my head). I would say that this are villains that they aren't going to announce at all, to be discovered in game. Or perhaps they are for variants, 6 variants sound right. Or perhaps...they haven't made those villains yet, and it's future DLC. Or maybe they're nothing at all, just 6 extra slots for duplicates. If you exclude the white label holes, they still have 41 villains.

I dont really like the idea either, but I tried to come up with a valid reason of the placement. If they arent secret or still in development villains, the slot placement is off numbers wise in keeping the elements even. Now sure it doesnt NEED to be even, but its generally a standard practice at this point that the elements are even for releases on new characters. Its possible that they could break that with this game, but I havent seen a reason to suspect that yet.
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#25 Posted: 12:38:12 06/08/2014
Wait do the traps come with stickers because have a look at the box most of the villians are not on but on some there are pics of villians
---
"Taking Charge"
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#26 Posted: 13:12:52 06/08/2014
I wouldn't say it discourages sales of adventure packs; more like it encourages sales of singles packs to the buying public who wouldn't get the character otherwise because they don't subscribe to the adventure pack "cash grab".
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#27 Posted: 13:37:33 06/08/2014
Quote: YerMomsFaceHere
Pardon me for asking this...if it's already been asked....but isn't this just the starter pack box kinda folded inside out? I mean its just cardboard isn't it?? Seems rather flimsy.....

That's what it looks like to me.

and Honestly, I'm OK with that. What skylander dad said is most likely what I'll do.

Buy either some cork or MDF that is cut down to size (or do it myself), mark the holes, drill through them, then glue/tape/adhere 'this' to the MDF/Wood/Cork. This can either be put into some form of suitcase for transportation purposes, or a small bag like the SAS bookbags that can be found on sale for CHEAP will make good transport options.

But for home, I'm looking at this.

Now, if you plan on getting all the traps?

I'd actually recommend a stairway style storage solution, but that would take some work.

Or some legos...
- Unreall
Dsi568 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3173
#28 Posted: 16:51:32 06/08/2014
Found on instagram, a bunch of new villains from the trap holder box: [User Posted Image]
---
Instagram: Skymiibomon_U
Twitter: @skymiibomon_U
NNID: dsi568
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:53:09 06/08/2014 by Dsi568
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#29 Posted: 16:52:44 06/08/2014
That was taken directly from here:
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=106242

I REALLY wish that people would give credit to the person who found it originally.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:56:55 06/08/2014 by Matteomax
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5316
#30 Posted: 16:53:46 06/08/2014
Quote: Dsi568
Found on instagram, a bunch of new villains from the trap holder box: [User Posted Image]

Omg! That is my page! I made that
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#31 Posted: 19:04:52 06/08/2014
THE JALEPENO VILLAIN.
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#32 Posted: 19:07:50 06/08/2014

YASSS THAT CREEPY GIRL WITH THE BOW I HAVE A STRONG NEED AHHHHHH

*heavy breathing*
---
My life is complete.
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#33 Posted: 19:16:02 06/08/2014
Quote: MagicFizz

*heavy breathing*

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm creeeeeeeeeeppppppppyyyyyyyyyy.
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#34 Posted: 19:37:22 06/08/2014
Quote: undeadmaster

*heavy breathing*

It's not creepy. I reacted like that to Series 2 Wrecking Ball.
---
#35 Posted: 19:42:35 06/08/2014
Acting that way for a magical super grub is a bit different than a little girl with a bow in her hair. I think that was the point.

MOVING ON....
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#36 Posted: 19:43:11 06/08/2014
THE JALEPENO VILLAIN.

I am POSITIVE that guy's gonna be called something like Chilly Pepper, as he's a snowman with a pepper for a head. Can't wait to see his attacks!
#37 Posted: 21:20:58 06/08/2014

Oh look. Finally a female villain! (Or two, if the yellow is also female) Also that guy with the eyes in his hands, doesn't that look reminiscent of the monster dude from Pan's Labyrinth? (If anybody remembered that movie ever)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:22:19 06/08/2014 by Technos
#38 Posted: 21:32:46 06/08/2014
Pretty sure the (Aztec? Incan design?) yellow character is female given the red lips. Not sure the gender on the hand/eyes character. There seems to be a character called Marsha, given one of the achievements for that level. Wondering if thats the name of the boss character you might chase around in a similar swamp labyrinth kinda thing, or a completely different character.
#39 Posted: 21:38:27 06/08/2014
I might have thought of something interesting regarding the villains pictures on the achievement icons and the white banners of the trap box.

If my guess of question marks on the white box banners is correct, there could be seventeen of these question mark holes on the box. I'm guessing each level is going to have a main villain to get rid of. One of them is Kaos. That's why his trap box hole is positioned on the top center of the box. There are eighteen chapters so 18-1 is 17 of these special villains.

Another thing, back at the Comic Con panel, there was a mentioning of Doom Raiders. Could these 17 villains form the Doom Raiders? This is just a theory I whipped up. It may or may not be true once we get to that information later on.
---
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#40 Posted: 00:03:58 07/08/2014
Quote: Matteomax

I REALLY wish that people would give credit to the person who found it originally.

Well, judgin' by those achievements, I'll be seein' you lot in Chapter 13, then.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#41 Posted: 00:23:13 07/08/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
I wouldn't say it discourages sales of adventure packs; more like it encourages sales of singles packs to the buying public who wouldn't get the character otherwise because they don't subscribe to the adventure pack "cash grab".

The single packs came out several months after the adventure packs, so there really was little competition between the two products. My point was that intentionally leaving off villains captured in adventure levels from the trap box didn't make sense. They would want customers to feel like they needed to get the adventure packs in order to complete collecting villains.
#42 Posted: 00:31:09 07/08/2014

That is my page are you yelling at me for making that?
---
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#43 Posted: 01:35:05 07/08/2014
Quote: skylandsfan

I think it was more advising than yelling. In the future, if you repost something, it's usually considerate to link to the original source.
Not that I'd know about bein' considerate, I am evil, after all.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#44 Posted: 02:52:52 07/08/2014
I wonder if someone could have removes the figures and portal off the box and then take a few closeup pictures of some of the villains. It'd have been much easier to learn all of them before release.
#45 Posted: 12:14:17 07/08/2014
Quote: Wolfgang
Quote: skylandsfan

I think it was more advising than yelling. In the future, if you repost something, it's usually considerate to link to the original source.
Not that I'd know about bein' considerate, I am evil, after all.

I did and I think it is cool how you stay in character smilie
---
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#46 Posted: 13:02:32 07/08/2014

*heavy breathing*

What, I can't act excited for a female villain?

Jeezus, calm down. >_______>
---
My life is complete.
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#47 Posted: 14:16:43 07/08/2014
Yes! The my favorite villain is in level 2!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me