darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro the Dragon > Has anyone ever done a speed run of this game?
Page 1 of 1
Has anyone ever done a speed run of this game?
spyrolvr96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1214
#1 Posted: 19:05:43 05/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm thinking of doing speed runs of the original trilogy, and would likely start with this game (though I would have to decide on what category - and find my memory card, to make practicing easier). I'm not gonna delude myself into believing that I could get a WR, but I think it'd be fun to do these. Point is, has anyone ever done one and have tips?
---
The thing I never really wrapped my brain around until now was in order to be remembered, in order to leave something significant behind, you have to leave
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:08:04 05/08/2014 by spyrolvr96
Manic X Green Sparx Gems: 186
#2 Posted: 09:53:25 02/02/2016
I have done speedruns of Spyro in the past: check out speedrun.com if you haven't already.

Advice: Run through the game without researching tricks and see what time you get. Then go onto the leaderboard and pick a time you aim to beat [be reasonable to yourself for your first one]. Watch their Speedrun and see what tricks they do and equally what mistakes they make. Beat their time. Then move onto the run above and rinse and repeat.
---
Speed's the game!
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7699
#3 Posted: 22:45:15 03/02/2016
Spyro moves too goddamn slow in this game to do a speed LEVEL, let alone the whole thing
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#4 Posted: 23:42:02 03/02/2016
40 minutes ish with glitches last month. iSO even made a topic about it in General,guys D:
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3201
#5 Posted: 17:36:37 04/02/2016
There's a pretty active community of Spyro speedrunners. They've done some really impressive stuff (like this, for example). They've found out a lot about what can be done to completely break these games, so I agree with Maniac X: watch a ton of these runs (mostly the more recent ones, as new tricks are found as time goes on) and you'll learn a lot.
---
You gotta believe!
Manic X Green Sparx Gems: 186
#6 Posted: 18:27:09 04/02/2016
I keep meaning to post my run for Spyro 2! Try as I might, I can't seem to beat my PB of 1:20:44.21... All the runs above me abuse at least one proxy or another, and I just can't get proxies consistently :V
---
Speed's the game!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me