Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Thoughts On the Trap Masters
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#1 Posted: 05:06:47 05/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Sorry if there's already a topic on this, but I wanted a more in depth thought on the new Trap Masters and how everyone feels about them. You can talk about as many of them as you want and why you either hate or like that character. For me personally there is only one I must address right now and that is Gusto.

Gusto is currently the most underrated and seriously under appreciated Trap Master known. The moment he was revealed, he got more hate than any other new gimmick Skylander ever made. Even Free Ranger got more respect and many think he's boring. There seems to be a lot of complaining that Gusto is fat or that he doesn't look like an air character. Well I must object and defend this poor underdog. First off being fat doesn't immediately make him a terrible hero. Second, why is everyone saying he doesn't look like an air guy? I get he seems a little out of place, but he looks like an air djinn who controls air and really does look unique because of that. You don't have to be stereotyped into looking like you fit into your element, that would be redundant. In fact, people seem to forget something very important. There are characters who aren't all that thin, yet are praised as epic heroes like Mario. He's not thin yet everyone loves him, even people who hate his games can't seem to despise him at times.

So let's hear what you have to say about our newcomers and let's at least let the game come out to decide who is good and who is not as good.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:11:54 17/08/2014 by GhostRoaster617
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#2 Posted: 05:32:55 05/08/2014
I honestly like both Head Rush and Gusto. One of the reasons being that the characters are out of the normal standards for hero types.

Bushwhack is probably my least favorite. Not a huge fan of the character design. Wildfire being basically one solid gold color also isnt my favorite, but neither was Smolderdash being nearly solid black either. I got use to Smolderdash and it doesnt bother me as much anymore, I'll probably get use to it with Wildfire too.

I'm indifferent on most the others. I dont like or dislike them all that much.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#3 Posted: 05:38:32 05/08/2014
My favorites so far are Bushwack, Lobstar, Jawbreaker, and Krypt King.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#4 Posted: 06:48:45 05/08/2014
This should be in the trap team section
---
words. letters. filler.
#5 Posted: 07:03:48 05/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
This should be in the trap team section

I actually was gonna post this in the Trap team section, but there's so much anger and tension growing in the section and did this instead as a safety measurement.
---
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#6 Posted: 07:28:12 05/08/2014
[User Posted Image]

You and I must be reading different Trap Team sections.
#7 Posted: 07:32:21 05/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: GothamLord
[User Posted Image]

You and I must be reading different Trap Team sections.

OK that is funny! Good use of the joke buddy by the way.
---
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#8 Posted: 17:30:16 05/08/2014
Krypt King looks pretty awesome. I have to say that the Egyptian look really makes him seem unique and something I want. Other than that, the others do look good but nothing stands out about them to me.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#9 Posted: 18:20:56 05/08/2014
Then there must be some alternate world Trap Team board that Dark52 somehow linked his server to that not everyone can see,GothamLord. In some topics with broader subjects the comments are between unnecessary arguments or unnecessary bitterness, maybe the occasional new valid criticism/ compliment. Whatever it is people just sound angry about it.

I'm okay with all Trappers this time now, but hardly any is my favorite. It might be something to do with the oversized weapons or how I've got my eyes on an Adventure Pack rather than just single packs for once, but the only one I think I'd buy is Krypt King. Everyone looks good character design-wise, but most seem to lack some characteristic that'd make them grow on people - or at least on me.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#10 Posted: 21:17:36 05/08/2014
I have yet to see any real arguments in the general speculation type threads. Having productive debates on varying opinions isn't arguing. Arguing would entail people bickering back and forth at each other, ignoring what the other one was saying. People have for the most part open to hearing everyones side and responding with agreements or counter-points. If you feel people are unnecessarily bitter, I suppose that's your opinion. You are welcome to have it. I think some of the jaded and bitterness is justified at this stage of things. Lack of information, sidestepping customer concerns, unsupported copyright claims. As for angry, again I dont think anyone is angry in the same level you do. Yes, we're loud and voicing our discontent. Most people though if they are angry, have already packed up their toys and left. Angry people don't stick around.

Back on topic though, I do agree that the weapons come across as a bit oversized for a lot of the character revealed so far. Its a bit off putting. I'd say its not very realistic, but I think that sounds silly given the game we're talking about.
#11 Posted: 21:34:56 05/08/2014
You don't see real arguments because you're a part of them every time and obviously you're right every time. The news thread bickering WAS reduced to just nitpicking and being overly pedantic about how people were being negative the wrong way somehow or how they're not negative enough. If you guys take this crap seriously enough to be bitter over a game that's getting released in 2 months, then yes, it's my opinion, and it's also my opinion that it's making a mess out of this board because I don't even feel like discussing in most threads because eventually someone shows up to be bitter and derail it into another "let's hate Activision together" thread. I could care less if it's just on the Pre Launch thread(since you guys wanted to move there I avoid it), but now it's in many.

The problem with the oversized weapons isn't really their size. It's that it's a big chunk of monochrome glass texture when the rest is so detailed - maybe if they had edges and handles made out of something else.
---
#12 Posted: 21:36:52 05/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Well thanks for the transfer. I'm glad we can now just get back to business like normal. For another view on a Trap Master, many are concerned by what exactly is Lob Star. I'd say based off his name I thought to myself, What if he is both a starfish and lobster? After all Snap Shot is a Crocogator which is an alligator and crocodile mixed together and I do see a red face underneath his blue outfit. He could literally be a lobstar as a species similar to how Pop Thorn was a pufferthorn.
---
#13 Posted: 21:52:05 05/08/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster617
Well thanks for the transfer. I'm glad we can now just get back to business like normal. For another view on a Trap Master, many are concerned by what exactly is Lob Star. I'd say based off his name I thought to myself, What if he is both a starfish and lobster? After all Snap Shot is a Crocogator which is an alligator and crocodile mixed together and I do see a red face underneath his blue outfit. He could literally be a lobstar as a species similar to how Pop Thorn was a pufferthorn.

TFB went as far as getting a half plant half dragon before, wouldn't be too far from them to make a species like that. Though I doubt he shares the name with his entire species, it might be some other shuriken-and-lobster related pun.
---
#14 Posted: 22:00:12 05/08/2014
Quote: Bifrost
You don't see real arguments because you're a part of them every time and obviously you're right every time.

THIS is a comment designed to get a rise out of someone and try to kick off an argument. I responded trying to have a mature discussion. You on the other hand are clearly making comments trying to start something. I never claimed to always be right. So don't even try that nonsense. Based on that I'm just going to walk away from this.
#15 Posted: 22:28:29 05/08/2014
Well if this was on the end of the comment maybe you would've answered differently.
But it's fine, not trying to get a rise out of you, we had way too much arguing already. But saying that there's never an argument in here when people already got to the point of raging over how much attention Activison should give to collectors and other marketing decisions? It doesn't matter that everyone is in the same side, nobody agrees about how much and it still gets nowhere. I mentioned that because you appear a lot on those, but I didn't say I always read why you're in there.
But how one solves the arguing? You can't put a fandom together after it breaks. So I guess it'll be fighting and bitterness from now on if not blind hate/praise.

Either way back to the topic; thinking about that TFB hasn't released any new backstories for the characters revealed at SDCC, which is kind of uncommon. I'd be nice to confirm if Gusto is a genie so his design is a bit more justified.
---
#16 Posted: 22:38:42 05/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I believe that Gusto is a gust Djinn and that would explain his design. He really does look like a Djinn now one thing I'd like to know is why a boomerang? Luckily some of the backstories make clear why a certain weapon, so maybe Gusto's will explain why he uses a boomerang. Probably cause boomerangs work well with wind velocity and so forth.
---
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#17 Posted: 23:17:37 05/08/2014
Well, by design, I really like Krypt King, Gusto, and Jawbreaker. Based on gameplay, etc. it's the same three.

All of the other ones are cool, just not as cool as those three (IMO) Though, Blastermind seems like s/he can become a cool character.

As for the huge weapons....I think it goes with their size.
---
#hu
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#18 Posted: 23:44:23 05/08/2014
Onestly, Gusto reminds me more of an oni, basically a japanese demon.
Onis can also control the elements, sometimes, and it's not unusual to see them related to storms and wind.

About the other Trap Masters...

I absolutely love Snap Shot. Don't ask me why. Maybe it's because he's a reptile, and I adore reptiles, or maybe it's because he has a weapon that is both a sword and a bow... It's just so AWESOME!

Wallop is actually growing on me. At first I tought his attacks looked way too much like Fryno's, mixed with Crusher, but as time passes, I begin to like him more and more.

Krypt King is almost as awesome as Snap Shot. The magically controlled sword attack really blown my mind. And the locust swarm is a nice touch. Really cool character.

At first I HATED Wildfire, mostly because his compleately golden look seemed a lazy choice... But after I saw his attacks, they actually made me change my mind. And he looks really cool, in-game.

Gearshift still looks too modern, to me. I really likes her different attacks, it's a very original idea, but she seems too technological. Oh, well. Skylands is a world filled with possibilities. smilie

Jawbreaker is what I always wanted from a solid melee Tech Skylander. Plus, his Traptanium fists are are a really interesting implementation of the crystals weapon idea, just like Head Rush horns and Bastermind's helmet.

Lob Star looks really creative. The only thing I would like to say is that his stars looks too big, even for a Trap Master... smilie

Head Rush is at least a girl that really stand out of the group. I won't say too much yet, tought, since we only saw an artwork, and not even a prototype figure. She might change a lot, after all...

Bushwhack... Is actually the only one that doesn't get me too excited... I have yet to see his attacks, but he looks too human, just like Gearshift, and... Let's say "not enough Skylander-ish"...

Blastermind is... Interesting... He promises to have a funny gameplay, but what interest me the most, is his resemblance to Kaos. Really, really curious...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#19 Posted: 01:18:56 06/08/2014
Here are my current opinions on the trap masters so far.

Snap Shot: He is my favorite so far, his gameplay looks really cool and I love his 'sword bow'

Wildfire: I didn't like Wildfire at first because he only had 1 color, then I saw his gamplay and thought he was cool, and since he has a better color scheme in the dark edition, now I really like him.

Wallop: He doesn't excite me to much, I don't really know why.

Krypt King: This guy is AWESOME, his attacks are really cool and is just awesome, the only thing I don't like about him is that he looks like a giant L-Chop Chop

Gearshift: She is awesome, I just love her traptanium gear and all of he attacks.

Jawbreaker: He looks cool, but I don't have much to say about him.

Gusto: I can't say anything about him until I get to play as him.

Bushwhack: I have to see gameplay of him to judge him.

Lob Star: I like him a lot, his giant traptanium ninja stars are just awesome.

Head Rush: She is a Meh to me right now, it's nice to see a beefy female skylander though.

Blastermind: I can't wait to see gameplay of him, he is so interesting.
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#20 Posted: 03:24:30 06/08/2014
Krypt King is still the only one I'm getting. I just don't feel any of the others or what makes them work, other than possibly Head Rush.
Heirumaru2286 Gold Sparx Gems: 2285
#21 Posted: 04:06:08 06/08/2014
Lob Star: Lobster. Ninja. Traptainum throwing stars. Nuff Said

Blastermind: Gotta see his gameplay, but so far he seems cool

Head Rush: Ehhh... Have to see her in-game

Bushwack: No.... just no

Jawbreaker: I think he'll grow on me, after awhile

Gearshift: YES!!!

Gusto: Seems pretty cool

Wildfire: Seems powerful, but I don't really like him that much. I like his dark form, though

Krypt King: SO MUCH WANT!!!
---
..::TotallyAwezum::..
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#22 Posted: 04:08:08 06/08/2014
As much as I think Gearshift is ugly, her gameplay looks really fun and I can't wait to get my hands on her! Head Rush better not have that stereotypical accent similar to Avril did in SSF..........
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
Technos Green Sparx Gems: 159
#23 Posted: 04:16:34 06/08/2014
Snap Shot: Okay

Wallop: Okay again

Wildfire: Slightly bad design, but I like it

Gearshift: She's really awesome. I've pre-ordered her!

Krypt King: A bigger version of Chop Chop? Also he's cool.

Jawbreaker: Another cliche robot guy

Gusto: The design is a bit off. But I like the giant boomerang

Lob Star: The design dosen't look really good, maybe because of low quality picture?

Bushwack: He looks great design-wise. And he reminds me of something out of Jak apparently

Head Rush: Aha. Another female earth-lander. I'd like to see what those horns looks like in figure form.

Blastermind: Looks like Kaos. The end.

I'm still going to collect all the trap masters.
---
Favorite skylanders of each element:
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:20:10 06/08/2014 by Technos
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#24 Posted: 18:48:58 06/08/2014
Snap Shot: Yeah, ok! I want to play as him right now.

Wallop: BOO-YAH! Gimme gimme gimme! I love him!

Wildfire: Really cool, I like him! Love that jump attack.

Gearshift: Don't like her as much as many others, but she seems really cool.

Krypt King: Really cool attacks, really slow. Don't like that, but otherwise, he's great.

Jawbreaker: Another punching Skylander. Let's do it.

Gusto: Really cool. Stop the Gusto hate!

Lob Star: A Skylander with ninja stars? Saw that one coming. I have a feeling I won't like him as much as some others.

Bushwhack: Awww yeah! Think he looks really cool! Excited for him!

Head Rush: It's good they made a female Trap Master. Can't wait for the figure appearance and move set.

Blastermind: He's got me interested.

So those are my thoughts.
---
now its time to get funky
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#25 Posted: 04:55:11 07/08/2014
They all suck.

Krypt King's new color scheme compliments his design but he looks a bit dull to play as. Wildfire looks fake as hell (and people said the Swap Force looked plastic!). Gearshift's hula hoop really brings her design down, they should really have just kept the pieces separate.

Gusto is an abomination of design and Jawbreaker is simply basic. The rest are too meh for me to even care to write about them. Maybe seeing Head Rush's figure and her in action would change my mind but meh.
#26 Posted: 05:28:50 07/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
They all suck.

Krypt King's new color scheme compliments his design but he looks a bit dull to play as. Wildfire looks fake as hell (and people said the Swap Force looked plastic!). Gearshift's hula hoop really brings her design down, they should really have just kept the pieces separate.

Gusto is an abomination of design and Jawbreaker is simply basic. The rest are too meh for me to even care to write about them. Maybe seeing Head Rush's figure and her in action would change my mind but meh.

Well her and the other 5 Trap Masters we know nothing about may change the outcome. I hope there is hope for you to like at least one of them.
---
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#27 Posted: 07:00:09 07/08/2014
I wouldn't go out of my way to buy any of them so far.
---
#all Spyros are valid
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#28 Posted: 07:37:50 07/08/2014
So far, I prefer Gusto over Krypt King. He reminds me of one of my first Skylanders (Dino-Rang), and his Boomerang looks like it has a lot of range.
---
You can't handle MEMES
#29 Posted: 08:20:58 07/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Qcumber
So far, I prefer Gusto over Krypt King. He reminds me of one of my first Skylanders (Dino-Rang), and his Boomerang looks like it has a lot of range.

Thank you I'm glad to hear someone wants to give Gusto the benefit of the doubt and give him a chance. He could have so much hidden potential and be one of the best Trap Masters in the game for all we know. We just have to wait and see what else he can do and how much damage he can deliver. Consider yourself a friend of mine Qcumber for helping Gusto have more support to prove he is a hero.
---
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#30 Posted: 08:28:43 07/08/2014
Snap Shot: love him, he has to be a great Trap Master to be the leader

Wallop: Don't really liked him, because all he does is smashing the ground and throwing the hammer, that's a bit lame

Wildfire: love his gold design and his shield combos

Jawbreaker: like how his jaw drops when he's energized and like his different moves

Gearshift: awesome female character and different blade combos

Krypt King: the only thing I don't like about him is the gigantic sword in front of his cool face

Gusto: I'm gonna kill whoever says he sucks

Lob Star, Bushwhack and Head Rush: they have to be awesome characters

Blastermind: Bet she's gonna be awesome to. Just gotta have them all!
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#31 Posted: 09:31:06 07/08/2014
I like Krypt king most do far wonder it there gonna be 4 legged trap master mybe dragon
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
#32 Posted: 14:26:04 07/08/2014
They all suck.

Well someone's optimistic.

Though, I have to disagree with you (for the most part). I really feel like Krypt King's gonna be very cool. He can possess his sword, he can summon those locusts, and he can (obviously) attack with his sword.

Wildfire does look a little plastic-like, though I think the gold is actually quite cool.

How? How does the gear make her design worse?

An abomination? Because he's fat?

Basic? How? He's like those Rock'em sock'em robots.

Quote: Qcumber

Thank you I'm glad to hear someone wants to give Gusto the benefit of the doubt and give him a chance. He could have so much hidden potential and be one of the best Trap Masters in the game for all we know. We just have to wait and see what else he can do and how much damage he can deliver. Consider yourself a friend of mine Qcumber for helping Gusto have more support to prove he is a hero.

I do agree that Gusto could be awesome.
---
#hu
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#33 Posted: 14:28:29 07/08/2014
gusto is a hero. his air sucking in attack and lightning ball look very powerful. i won't get the game on launch, but i will buy gusto on black friday.

krypt king is great. he will be bought on black friday.
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5316
#34 Posted: 16:11:45 07/08/2014
I will get gusto day one that is all I know
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
#35 Posted: 17:45:30 07/08/2014
Quote: Rickorio

Well someone's optimistic.

Though, I have to disagree with you (for the most part). I really feel like Krypt King's gonna be very cool. He can possess his sword, he can summon those locusts, and he can (obviously) attack with his sword.

Wildfire does look a little plastic-like, though I think the gold is actually quite cool.

How? How does the gear make her design worse?

An abomination? Because he's fat?

Basic? How? He's like those Rock'em sock'em robots.

The addition of the hulagear is what makes Gearshift go from a cool Metropolis-esque character to cluttered. It's too much to be honest and it just floats around her in game. Granted, I do admit that had she just had them separated it would make it look aesthetically better.

It's moreso that Gusto is an ugly wind genie with the face of a troll (who happens to be fat). I feel like he'd work better as a villain (and I am very vocal about how many villains are far more interesting in design/concept than these Trap Creatures). There's nothing special that pops out about his design.

Gusto and Jawbreaker are hands down my least favorites. You pretty much summed up how basic Jawbreaker is. Rock'em... has been around since the 70s and they've always been simple, so how is it wrong to call jawbreaker "basic" when you compared him to a simple franchise?

*shrugs* I guess you have good points. Though, I still look most of them (I find Bushwhack hideous), though that's probably because I'm a major skylander fan.
---
#hu
#36 Posted: 18:32:21 07/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Well Helix I can't argue that most of the villains are quite more interesting and could have actually been Skylanders instead, but that's what I like about the villains. They didn't make the villains feel rushed or lazy at times and made them just as presentable as the Skylanders as playable characters.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:32:39 07/08/2014 by GhostRoaster617
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#37 Posted: 18:40:18 07/08/2014
Well Helix I can't argue that most of the villains are quite more interesting and could have actually been Skylanders instead, but that's what I like about the villains. They didn't make the villains feel rushed or lazy at times and made them just as presentable as the Skylanders as playable characters.

I dunno about this. My wife and I were watching some of the villain stuff on Youtube and she made a comment about how much work they did on the villains (I agree), but I can't pretend that outside of maybe Painatta, I'd want any of them as actual 'figures'. I HATE to use the term, because I feel its overstating what I'm trying to get at, but the villains feel a bit 'generic' to me. Some stand out I admit, but a heavy portion of at least what I've seen don't 'pop' (for me)...especially to the degree that the 'Landers usually do.

I think it has to do with the details...most of the Landers have markings and accessories that add wrinkles to their character, the villains seem to lack those (on average not totality)

And please don't over read what I'm saying - I am NOT complaining about hte villains or anything, I just don't feel they are detailed/developed enough to truly be 'Landers with only a few exceptions. Now they COULD be turned to 'Landers with a little more effort, but as presented 'nah'.
- Unreall
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#38 Posted: 19:27:37 07/08/2014
The addition of the hulagear is what makes Gearshift go from a cool Metropolis-esque character to cluttered. It's too much to be honest and it just floats around her in game. Granted, I do admit that had she just had them separated it would make it look aesthetically better.

Well, she does shift between 3 gear modes in gameplay: gear hoop, gear blades and gear spiral. I think I'll primarily use blades, and spiral for projectile attacks. The hoop mode doesn't seem very interesting.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#39 Posted: 21:06:08 07/08/2014
Quote: Unreallystic

I dunno about this. My wife and I were watching some of the villain stuff on Youtube and she made a comment about how much work they did on the villains (I agree), but I can't pretend that outside of maybe Painatta, I'd want any of them as actual 'figures'. I HATE to use the term, because I feel its overstating what I'm trying to get at, but the villains feel a bit 'generic' to me. Some stand out I admit, but a heavy portion of at least what I've seen don't 'pop' (for me)...especially to the degree that the 'Landers usually do.

I think it has to do with the details...most of the Landers have markings and accessories that add wrinkles to their character, the villains seem to lack those (on average not totality)

And please don't over read what I'm saying - I am NOT complaining about hte villains or anything, I just don't feel they are detailed/developed enough to truly be 'Landers with only a few exceptions. Now they COULD be turned to 'Landers with a little more effort, but as presented 'nah'.
- Unreall

This.
The villains look all fine to me, as of now, with a few really standing out, like Painyatta, Gulper or Wolfgang, but the thing I really LOVE about them, is that you IMMEDIATELY know they are not Skylanders.
They just made them different. They managed to make you think they could be both cool, but also make you recognize which character is good and which one isn't.
They really look like villains, and, beside a few ones already mentioned, I couldn't see how they could became figurines. Like the Shrednaught, for example.
You could say "they just went lazy, and coded another bunch of Skylanders in the game, without making sculpts out of them", but you would be wrong. They really feel like the villains from the previous chapters, and I couldn't be more happy about this diversification. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#40 Posted: 22:33:41 07/08/2014
So I skipped down a bit cuz wanted to post some things before I had to get off.

But let's see.... Not sure which Trap Master's my favorite... I won't know til I get the game (which is sadly looking like going to be even longer than expected... :'( evil bills)

But one thing is that see one of the things I dislike about them... is the physical size of the toy.

See, their close to the size of giant. (and yes swapforce were too) and really toy wise.. it's just making the Giants even less of what makes them special... sure they have a glow but their size was their main thing. True I could get Swapforce.. making them bigger to help with the techinology of swaping and such. but WHY make Trap Masters that big? Cuz their the 'new gimic of the game'? that's dumb.. they could of been just as good even more interesting having been the size of the cores... making only Swappers (which as I allready said justified in my book due to the techinology) the only skylanders not scalled to size.. toy wise. (granted some giants are bigger than that ingame compared to the core landers.. but you know what I'm saying.)

Anyways, been wanted to say that and finally got the chance. I'll probally go over better with each one I find interesting or what not later.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
#41 Posted: 22:38:48 07/08/2014
Well,Trappers aren't cores. You wouldn't think prision guards would be the that small when the average Villain is as big as a Swapper.
And bigger toys mean better quality too. Bigger means less chance to get paint stuck where you don't want it(and after doing a custom S1 Hex with size 0 paintbrushes, I can see from where that's coming from) and more details. The problem isn't that everyone is as big is a Giant(which were huge for the portal of the time), is that they're too small as figures. We're probably never seeing rereleases or S2s of them, but with the Traptanium portal they could definately follow the proportions they have ingame of being at least three times the size of any normal 'lander.
---
#42 Posted: 22:57:34 07/08/2014
Quote: JCat
So I skipped down a bit cuz wanted to post some things before I had to get off.

But let's see.... Not sure which Trap Master's my favorite... I won't know til I get the game (which is sadly looking like going to be even longer than expected... :'( evil bills)

But one thing is that see one of the things I dislike about them... is the physical size of the toy.

See, their close to the size of giant. (and yes swapforce were too) and really toy wise.. it's just making the Giants even less of what makes them special... sure they have a glow but their size was their main thing. True I could get Swapforce.. making them bigger to help with the techinology of swaping and such. but WHY make Trap Masters that big? Cuz their the 'new gimic of the game'? that's dumb.. they could of been just as good even more interesting having been the size of the cores... making only Swappers (which as I allready said justified in my book due to the techinology) the only skylanders not scalled to size.. toy wise. (granted some giants are bigger than that ingame compared to the core landers.. but you know what I'm saying.)

Anyways, been wanted to say that and finally got the chance. I'll probally go over better with each one I find interesting or what not later.

Agree. I really don't like the fact that they are almost as big as the Giants. Even if they are supposed to be strong prison guards...
However, maybe, and I say maybe, they could have adjusted a bit the sizes of the various characters, to make Giants even bigger, Trap Masters slightly smaller, and Cores regular sized, with some exceptions (still cannot believe Slam Bam is almost the same size as Trigger Happy, even if in SWAP Force they actually made him a bit lager...). smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#43 Posted: 02:29:26 08/08/2014
Snap Shot: Really like his design and his colors. I usually don't get too excited for starter pack characters but I like him a lot.

Wildfire: LOVE his attacks and his shield is a beautiful color. I also kinda like the all gold color.

Wallop: Seems too familiar. I'm a little burned out on the hammer idea after Crusher and Rubble Rouser, especially them all being Earth.

Krypt King: Very unique design and name. Haven't seen gameplay but I really think I'll like him.

Gearshift: Have her pre-ordered. I'm not sure if I like her look, but her weapon is amazing.

Jawbreaker: Very disappointing. Techs tend to be my favorite, but I don't like his matte look and his fists are an awful color against his awful body color.

Gusto: He looks pretty cool and unique, but I don't know if I liked the gameplay footage I saw. Gonna give him a chance anyways.

Bushwhack: LOVE his design and the green axe. Its very different for the series but I think he looks awesome and with that weapon choice I'm sure his attacks will be great.

Lob Star: Kind of cool, but the picture I saw made him look really dark and I don't know if I like that.

Head Rush: Another o my favorites based on artwork. Seems so original.

Blastermind: HATE the face. The helmet seems cool but the figure looks boring in that pose.
#44 Posted: 02:47:26 08/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Unreallystic

- Unreall

No worries mate I respect other peoples' opinions and I do get what you mean. I never meant all of them were original or creative, just a couple of them stand out more. I still like the idea and do think it's alright considering you don't have to play as all of them, just get traps for the ones you like and even then you could just switch one villain out for a better one. Thank you for being honest and speaking out. It's always good to see someone speak out for themselves, even if no one wants to listen to them because you are only being true to yourself and your opinion.
---
#45 Posted: 07:09:37 08/08/2014
WHOA WHOA, who's the punk-ass moderator that removed my post claiming it was trolling (which it wasn't, I was responding to people who responded to me) without signing it? Show yourself.

Rather than bad mouthing the mods in a public venue, why dont you contact them privately? We haven't exactly had the best of conversations lately but there isnt any reason to see someone shoot themselves in the foot either.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:09:58 08/08/2014 by GothamLord
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#46 Posted: 12:46:51 08/08/2014
Snap shot- amazing! He is aussie and has a really cool multifunctional weapon. I can't wait to play him.

Wallop- to generic for my liking

Wildfire- Always wanted a lion skylander and pretty happy with him

Gearshift- pretty cool. I love her weapon

Jawbreaker- doesn't appeal to me and I don't know why

Gusto-he doesn't excite me that much. I hope the other air trap master is better

Lobstar-not that fussed on him

Head rush-She looks awesome. Great female character.

bush wack- I love life skylanders and he is no exception. I can't to swing his Axe around.

BLASTERMIND- he is unique. I am really interested in what he does.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#47 Posted: 14:28:42 08/08/2014
Oh yeah and I am pumped for Krpyt King . I love Egyptian skylanders like dune bug . I just can't wait to play him.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#48 Posted: 22:30:49 08/08/2014
Snap Shot- cool, but his dark edition is better, because he looks like a cute godzilla smilie BUY (dark form)

Wallop- i'm afraid he might disappoint like crusher did, but gameplay for him seems cool. BUY

Wildfire- the shield thing is cool, and so is the dark form. BUY (dark form)

Gearshift- reminds me of a human siri. she looks powerful, and i have her pre-ordered. BUY (pre-ordered)

Krypt King- best trap master hands down. BUY

Jawbreaker- meh... NO BUY

Bushwhack- i wanted a life trap master with an axe, so buy for me. BUY

Head Rush- how about no. the design is a rip-off of mega ram spyro. NO BUY

Lob Star- this guy has it all. he's cute, has some awesome weapons, and is overall cool. BUY

Gusto- this guy gets some love from me. the sucking in attack is unique because it suck in bad guys, and his boomerang has good range. BUY

Blastermind- Small being that makes themselves big with a headpiece and a cape.. BUY
#49 Posted: 22:34:56 08/08/2014
Quote: ZapNorris

Head Rush- how about no. the design is a rip-off of mega ram spyro. NO BUY
]

Thats a rather broad brush stroke to be calling it a rip-off. She has a horned helmet. Claiming its a rip off is like claiming any character in the future with horns/antlers/some sort of head butt attack is a rip off. She clearly looks nothing like a dragon with ram horns. When she starts flying and shooting fire too, then we'll talk.
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#50 Posted: 23:01:13 08/08/2014
Snap Shot: Not bad. I'm content with him being in the starter,

Wallop: Pass. No interest.

Wildfire: I wish the all-gold was a variant and not main form. Skipping that and just getting the dark version.

Gearshift: I'm totally down with her - yes please!

Krypt King: Pass. No interest.

Jawbreaker: I like him & will buy. Reminds me slightly of a haro from Gundam.

Gusto: No interest, but getting forced into him courtesy of the 3DS pack.

Lob Star: Sure, I'm fine with this one. Will buy.

Bushwhack: Pass. No interest.

Head Rush: Pass. No interest.

Blastermind: Definitely! My #1 Trap Master at the moment.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me