Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Idle Chatter > Warriors fan club (the book series)
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Warriors fan club (the book series) [CLOSED]
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#1 Posted: 22:28:09 01/08/2014 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

Warriors is a book series made by Erin Hunter

The books are about 4 clans that defend their territory, the clans are: ThunderClan, RiverClan ShadowClan and WindClan

A list of books

The Prophecies Begin Arc

• Into the Wild
  • Fire and Ice
  • Forest of Secrets
  • Rising Storm
  • A Dangerous Path
  • The Darkest Hour

The New Prophecy

• Midnight
  • Moonrise
  • Dawn
  • Starlight
  • Twilight
  • Sunset

Power of Three

• The Sight
  • Dark River
  • Outcast
  • Eclipse
  • Long Shadows
  • Sunrise

Oman of The Stars

• Fourth Apprentice
  • Fading Echoes
  • Night Whispers
  • Sign of the Moon
  • The Forgotten Warrior
  • The Last Hope

Dawn of The Clans

• The Sun Trail
  • Tunder Rising
  • The First Battle
  • The Blazing Star
  • A Forest Divided, Release date: April 7th, 2015
  • The Path of Stars, Release date: September 1st, 2015

Warriors Arc #6 TBA: Will probably take place after Bramblestar's Storm

Manga

• Ravenpaw's Path #1: Shattered Peace
  • Ravenpaw's Path #2: A Clan in Need
  • Ravenpaw's Path #3: The Heart of a Warrior
  • SkyClan and the Stranger #1: The Rescue
  • SkyClan and the Stranger #2: Beyond the Code
  • SkyClan and the Stranger #3: After the Flood
  • Tigerstar and Sasha #1: Into the Woods
  • Tigerstar and Sasha #2: Escape from the Forest
  • Tigerstar and Sasha #3: Return to the Clans
  • The Rise of Scourge
  • The Lost Warrior
  • Warriors Refuge
  • Warriors Return

Super Editions

• Yellowfan's Secret
  • Tallstar's Revenge
  • Bluestar's Prophecy
  • Crookedstar's Promise
  • Firestar's Quest
  • SkyClan's Destiny
  • Bramblestar's Storm
  • Mothflight's Vision, Release date: November 3rd, 2015

Guides

• Warriors Field Guide
  • Battles of the Clans
  • Cats of the Clans
  • Enter the Clans
  • Code of the Clans
  • The Ultimate Guide

Novellas

• Hollyleaf's Story
  • Mistystar's Oman
  • Cloudstar's Journey
  • The Untold Stories
  • Tigerclaw's Fury
  • Dovewing's Silence
  • Mapleshade's Vengeance, Release date: April 7, 2015
  • Novella #8 Title: Goosefeather's Curse, Release date: September 1st, 2015
  • Novella #9 Title: TBA, Release date: TBA, most likely be about Ravenpaw
  • The Untold stories, a paperback book that has three novellas in it
  • Tales From The Clans, going to be a paperback book that has novellas in it

Main Site

Wiki

Edited 13 times - Last edited at 21:26:29 16/02/2015 by willspyro
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#2 Posted: 04:26:19 03/08/2014
I absolutely loved Warriors a few years back, but by the end of Power of Three they got too redundant for me to enjoy anymore. smilie I'd love to reread the original arc, though, if I had them.
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#3 Posted: 04:39:32 03/08/2014
i only read the first three books of the first series and i love them
i wanna read the 4th one but im p lazy
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9954
#4 Posted: 06:56:11 03/08/2014
Read every book in the entire series so far including super editions, field guides, novellas and the graphics novels. Really enjoy them and I'm probably always gonna have a soft spot for them cx
---
Twinkies and 2hus
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#5 Posted: 13:16:22 03/08/2014
As much as I love Warriors, and it was part of my childhood, I only loved warriors before they started making so many books, some not even needed (aka after second series). The only extras I found worth reading were the Super Editions, and even then only Bluestar's Propecy and Crookedstar's Promise were good, BP being my second favourite warriors book.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#6 Posted: 17:06:17 03/08/2014
Quote: DarkCynder_543
As much as I love Warriors, and it was part of my childhood, I only loved warriors before they started making so many books, some not even needed (aka after second series). The only extras I found worth reading were the Super Editions, and even then only Bluestar's Propecy and Crookedstar's Promise were good, BP being my second favourite warriors book.

Don't even get me started on the emotional compromise that was Bluestar's Prophecy. That is, to this day, my absolute favourite book in the entire Warriors franchise.
#7 Posted: 17:09:09 03/08/2014 | Topic Creator

Quote: Dragon Lover

Don't even get me started on the emotional compromise that was Bluestar's Prophecy. That is, to this day, my absolute favourite book in the entire Warriors franchise.

I guess I should read BP after I'm done with The Darkest Hour
#8 Posted: 23:48:26 03/08/2014

That's why I love it so much. It made me like Bluestar even more than I originally did, and it seemed like Kate put so much heart into that book. Certain parts in the book always make me cry no matter how much I read it, and that usually doesn't happen to me.

it's a shame Cherith can't seem to reach that standard. her super editions are always plainer in comparison.
---
#9 Posted: 23:52:18 03/08/2014
Quote: willspyro

I guess I should read BP after I'm done with The Darkest Hour

Yes you should, as well as CP and FQ. BP is amazing, CP is also very good, and FQ comes after TDH, so it's best to read it.

like i said, BP and CP, and maybe FQ and Rise of Scourge are the only books outside the main books worth reading.

oops sorry for the double post
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:53:39 03/08/2014 by DarkCynder_543
AkantorMH Emerald Sparx Gems: 4471
#10 Posted: 09:12:40 04/08/2014
I got most of the books and I still like them a lot. I actually been re-reading them from the first one, and on the last book of the second series. Poor Leafpool...
---
Dragons everwhere. Draw them, think of them, read of them. Dragons.
#11 Posted: 02:21:02 06/08/2014
That's why I love it so much. It made me like Bluestar even more than I originally did, and it seemed like Kate put so much heart into that book. Certain parts in the book always make me cry no matter how much I read it, and that usually doesn't happen to me.

it's a shame Cherith can't seem to reach that standard. her super editions are always plainer in comparison.

It's been years since I read it, I'll admit, but I still think fondly of it.

I never did really like that there were so many authors for Warriors. It made things too inconsistent. smilie
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6323
#12 Posted: 06:30:54 06/08/2014
[User Posted Image]

mein fav wario
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7301
#13 Posted: 02:34:58 11/08/2014
I had heard about warriors a lot before, and finally found the books on eBooks. I've read the first three books and I enjoyed them, so I'm going to try get the next three soon.
S P Y R O Blue Sparx Gems: 953
#14 Posted: 07:56:29 11/08/2014
I've got the first four on my kindle. They're really good books.
---
Spyro is cool, Spyro is cool. Anyone doesn't think Spyro's cool, must be a banana. smilie smilie
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8044
#15 Posted: 21:14:44 11/08/2014
I've read all the main arcs, and all of the super editions except for the SkyClan-related.
I looooove this series. The first arc is the best, and I can understand why most people don't like the later ones, but I like them too.
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
#16 Posted: 22:32:36 11/08/2014
Oh, yeah, my friend and I went to the bookstore yesterday and I actually found some warriors books. I might ask my parents if they can buy one of them for me. I should probably read them in the order they came out though, so I should look at which one I should get first.
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#17 Posted: 15:03:44 12/08/2014
I like all of the books, and I'm waiting for the newest books (the Bramblestar super edition and DOTC book 4) Yeah, the first arc was probably the best, especially with how it was summarized, with Rusty being the bravest one of them all, its ironic.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3779
#18 Posted: 15:35:08 12/08/2014
I love Warriors ^.^
I have some ugly old art of it here http://flaamez.deviantart.com/...02/Warrior-cats (I'm too lazy to draw new stuff)
However I have some newer animations https://www.youtube.com/user/yumyumgirlthedragon/videos

Newest Warriors video V
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:43:38 12/08/2014 by LegendaryFlames
#19 Posted: 08:22:29 13/08/2014
Quote: Spyro-Gamer
Oh, yeah, my friend and I went to the bookstore yesterday and I actually found some warriors books. I might ask my parents if they can buy one of them for me. I should probably read them in the order they came out though, so I should look at which one I should get first.

I recommend starting with the first warriors series, since Into the Wild explains the whole story with the clans and all. If you start the story in chronological order, you would be starting with the Super Editions like BP, YS and CP (the fifth series is the first in chronological order, but they're not finished), and they don't explain the four clans, expect you to have already read the first series and also provide massive spoilers for the first series (BP and YS in particular. Best you stay away from those two until you're done with the first series).

Then after the first series read Firestar's Quest.
---
#20 Posted: 01:47:12 16/08/2014
Quote: Spyro-Gamer

I recommend starting with the first warriors series, since Into the Wild explains the whole story with the clans and all. If you start the story in chronological order, you would be starting with the Super Editions like BP, YS and CP (the fifth series is the first in chronological order, but they're not finished), and they don't explain the four clans, expect you to have already read the first series and also provide massive spoilers for the first series (BP and YS in particular. Best you stay away from those two until you're done with the first series).

Then after the first series read Firestar's Quest.

I've read the first three in the original arc. I need to read the next three. Soon I'm going to go down and check out the books at the bookstore again and see if I could get a few or something.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:47:51 16/08/2014 by Spyro-Gamer
#21 Posted: 08:23:06 21/08/2014
Okay so I've found some spoilers for Bramblestar's Storm, and I'm completely disappointed.

A freaking FLOOD is the main danger (the 'storm') in the book. I was hoping for a hurricane or tornado, or something more epic like a volcano from a place that the cats have never visited before erupting. also after reading more spoilers it seems like another TLH: another disappointing book. I'm probably only going to read it now to find out what happens to Jayfeather and Ivypool.
---
#22 Posted: 21:48:18 07/09/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm reading Rising storm
#23 Posted: 21:52:08 07/09/2014
Have you guys seen the new American covers that recently came out
I think it's just for the first 6 books
---
Twinkies and 2hus
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:52:34 07/09/2014 by Iceclaw
#24 Posted: 22:32:51 07/09/2014 | Topic Creator
^ yes I have
AkantorMH Emerald Sparx Gems: 4471
#25 Posted: 23:49:21 07/09/2014
I thought Bramblestar's Storm was a good book. It was a perfect cap to the main series events.

All the old cats are gone. Graystripe and Sandstorm finally became elders, and the story we read through out the 4 series comes to a nice end and an addition to the warrior code that makes great sense. Everyone is getting along(decently. no real blood feuds) and we see so much happen.

It was good.
---
Dragons everwhere. Draw them, think of them, read of them. Dragons.
#26 Posted: 12:16:43 08/09/2014

the new covers are just 'eh' to me. but i do love Into the Wild's cover.

it's more the design i'm not a fan off, with just an image of the cat (i'd rather have more scenery, like the original covers)

there's honestly no point in these new covers. i know i'm not buying books that i already have
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:21:43 08/09/2014 by DarkCynder_543
#27 Posted: 19:55:04 08/09/2014
The covers really remind me of the German ones.
Into the Wild and Fire and Ice are probably the best out of them imo.

According to Vicky and the artist of the new covers, each cover is supposed to illustrate the book or parts of the book in one image.
Idk after reading what they said about each cover it made me like them more.
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#28 Posted: 05:05:56 09/09/2014
I'm just disappointed that the new covers are the 'big reveal', which was so hyped that everyone, including me, thought the big reveal was going to be something much more, like merchandises or a t.v series.

Quote: Spyrobaro
I like the new cover of Fire and Ice! Though I agree, I don't really see the point of the new covers. Surely they make covers like this for the newer books? I know I'm not the only one who isn't a big fan of the cover to Bramblestar's Storm. We don't know what the cats are supposed to look like outside of the descriptions (which some ignore for cats like Mothwing anyway because they don't fit), but I know for a fact that that ain't Bramblestar.

What bothers me is that the cats look different on every freaking book they're featured in. Like Firestar's pelt looks as red as a fox in some books (like Cats of the Clans and TLH), yet is merely a dark ginger in others like Code of the Clans and the new book covers. Jayfeather is pupil less in the Ultimate Guide, yet has pupils on Eclipse. Its just so annoying and mucks about with cannon, and I don't see any other book series having this problem.

I've always used the illustrations from Cats of the Clans and the Ultimate Guide as cannon appearances (except for a few cats like Hollyleaf). I don't like Bramblestar's look in BS ether. He looks too young on the cover of BS.

EDIT: i'm just going to quickly say something here before i forget. I exaggerated about hating the third series. I like the third series, but what I hate is OOTS, the second part of it. TPOT was fine, and The Sight is actually one of my favourite Warriors books. I prefer TPOT over TNP, which I found boring all the way through except for Moonrise and Sunset. I just couldn't read OOTS is all, especially when it brought in the whole The Dark Forest vs StarClan crap and making them capable of dying twice. And I think a lot of TPOT and OOTS could have been condensed more. Outcast wasn't even needed. And Dovewing shouldn't have existed. smilie
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:16:22 09/09/2014 by DarkCynder_543
#29 Posted: 21:48:18 10/09/2014
Aren't some of the illustrations in Cats of the Clans incorrect though
Crookedstar is described as being a light brown and how he's coloured in CotC doesn't look light brown to me
Unless I'm colour blind

OOTS was.... okay but for some reason I found POT to be really boring?

I'm not sure which of the two I prefer to be honest though. I'm not a big fan of either.

What really irks me is how Starclan is portrayed in the first arc vs oots
Like in the first arc they seemed really mysterious and powerful and just high beings to respect and possibly fear
But then compare that to OOTS and that's not the case at all.
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#30 Posted: 22:17:19 10/09/2014
I still need to read the last three books in the first arc.
#31 Posted: 22:56:06 10/09/2014
I JUST STARTED READING THE 6TH BOOK IN THE FIRST SERIES AND OMG
i'm addicted again i love this so much
---
#32 Posted: 00:54:13 11/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Silverstream dies ;-;, and Cloudpaw gets kidnapped D: by twolegs

#33 Posted: 03:03:31 11/09/2014
Silverstream dies ;-;, and Cloudpaw gets kidnapped D: by twolegs

shhh bb i kno, i kno
just u wait. just u wait....
---
#34 Posted: 07:13:34 11/09/2014
i'm getting so much nostalgia attacks that i'm seriously going to read Bluestar's Prophecy again, and then read the first series straight after, for like, the third time

Quote: Iceclaw
Aren't some of the illustrations in Cats of the Clans incorrect though
Crookedstar is described as being a light brown and how he's coloured in CotC doesn't look light brown to me
Unless I'm colour blind

OOTS was.... okay but for some reason I found POT to be really boring?

I'm not sure which of the two I prefer to be honest though. I'm not a big fan of either.

What really irks me is how Starclan is portrayed in the first arc vs oots
Like in the first arc they seemed really mysterious and powerful and just high beings to respect and possibly fear
But then compare that to OOTS and that's not the case at all.

Like I said, Most cats I use from Cats of the Clans and the Ultimate Guide, but some I don't, like Hollyleaf.

I guess I didn't mind TPOT because it has my favourite cat in it (Jayfeather), and it's not as 'supernatural' as OOTS. And the Dark Forest isn't really involved.

That's one of the main reasons I hate OOTS, because they changed StarClan. I hate how they apparently now can die twice, and literally control the path of all cats, and can even physically hurt cats in the living world. I liked StarClan in the original series because they were literally just dead cats, nothing more, nothing less, and couldn't harm the living, and TDH proved that.
---
Sky-Glaceon10 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1910
#35 Posted: 12:15:33 12/09/2014
I remember reading Warriors books when I was in primary and then throughout most of intermediate.
I haven't read them for years now due to the fact that I've lost interest in the franchise, but I remember liking the first series the best and Bluestar's Prophecy was really good despite how heart-wrenching it was. I really didn't like the ending to the last series though and I didn't like Dovewing that much. :( Jayfeather I liked the most out of the Three and Hollyleaf was my second favourite (out of the Three).
---
"A Zone greater than Zone." Aomine Daiki - 2015
Ask me stuff I guess.
#36 Posted: 01:18:31 13/09/2014
I read warriors throughout Primary School and half of High School, but now I no longer continue. I haven't started on, and don't intend to, reading DOTC, and I've given up on Seekers because it stopped getting interesting since The Last Wilderness. I only plan on re-reading BP and the original series soon because of nostalgia.

I hate Hollyleaf in TPOT, but I like her in TFW and TLH. She matured so much, which made me like her. Dovewing I hate, and Lionblaze has always been 'meh' to me (but I disliked him during his training with Tigerstar arc in TPOT). Jayfeather is actually my favourite character in the whole series, and is probably the main reason why I kept on reading in the first place. I also like Ivypool. I've always felt that Jayfeather and Ivypool were the ones driving the plot forward and were actually doing things, while the other three never really did anything.

Although Hollyleaf, when she came back in OOTS, I found actually did more in one book than what Lionblaze and Dovewing have done in all of OOTS.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:43:05 13/09/2014 by DarkCynder_543
mrdarkspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 918
#37 Posted: 00:59:22 17/09/2014
Meow.
---
MAX AURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#38 Posted: 15:25:45 18/09/2014 | Topic Creator
wow, the more deep you go in the 1st series, the more dark it gets o.o
#39 Posted: 19:28:43 18/09/2014
waiting for my books on the new prophecy arc to come
can't wait
---
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#40 Posted: 21:00:10 18/09/2014
I'm reading Bramblestar's Storm, oh as for the list at the topic, ya may want to update it, cause I think there's a couple new things regarding the short stories/ebooks (such as the one for Tigerstar/Tigerclaw)
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
katkerrykat Platinum Sparx Gems: 6033
#41 Posted: 21:22:11 18/09/2014
I've got all of the books (excluding Super editions etc) up till the end of Omen of the Stars, however I stopped reading after the first or second on into that series..felt a bit repetitive (though I read a spoiler as to what happens and want to read them again XD). I also have Yellowfang's secret (Had me in tears...) and FG: Secrets of the clans.

Started reading these when I was oh...12 or so.. Felt pretty nostalgic when I re-read the 1st series :3
---
Gotta deal with many farts and many burps. ~ Tenaman
#42 Posted: 21:29:06 18/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: katkerrykat
I've got all of the books (excluding Super editions etc) up till the end of Omen of the Stars, however I stopped reading after the first or second on into that series..felt a bit repetitive (though I read a spoiler as to what happens and want to read them again smilie). I also have Yellowfang's secret (Had me in tears...) and FG: Secrets of the clans.

Started reading these when I was oh...12 or so.. Felt pretty nostalgic when I re-read the 1st series :3

I might know why (haven't read the book though smilie)
Tigerclaw Red Sparx Gems: 40
#43 Posted: 23:03:06 18/09/2014
ah yes, I remember, I was happy to be
leader of Shadowclan
#44 Posted: 12:39:27 19/09/2014
oh god just came across this

this is why bluestar is one of my favourites ;__;
---
Tigerclaw Red Sparx Gems: 40
#45 Posted: 13:30:28 19/09/2014
^ Bluestar *growls* smilie
katkerrykat Platinum Sparx Gems: 6033
#46 Posted: 21:06:28 19/09/2014
I've got all of the books (excluding Super editions etc) up till the end of Omen of the Stars, however I stopped reading after the first or second on into that series..felt a bit repetitive (though I read a spoiler as to what happens and want to read them again smilie). I also have Yellowfang's secret (Had me in tears...) and FG: Secrets of the clans.

If you've read the first series, then you should have a rough idea what it's about. smilie It's just written to be so emotional, you should definitely read it at some point!
---
Gotta deal with many farts and many burps. ~ Tenaman
#47 Posted: 21:25:22 19/09/2014 | Topic Creator

If you've read the first series, then you should have a rough idea what it's about. smilie It's just written to be so emotional, you should definitely read it at some point!

ok I may read that after The Darkest Hour, and maybe BP and FQ too
#48 Posted: 23:03:26 19/09/2014
I also have Yellowfang's secret (Had me in tears...)

Yellowfang deserves to be happy ;__;
---
Twinkies and 2hus
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me