Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > What made you/How/Why Did you join this forum?
Page 1 of 1
What made you/How/Why Did you join this forum? [CLOSED]
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#1 Posted: 14:59:07 31/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I remember in the early days Of Skylanders Swap force I would come here to see what people had to say. Then, I realied this was a REAL SPYRO FORUM, which brought back so many fond memories of me playing spyro, especially back on the ps1, and all the others. I had to join and here I am.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#2 Posted: 17:16:38 31/07/2014
I got back into Spyro in 2007-ish (when ANB was new and TEN was just about to come out). It was my first involvement with the actual Spyro fandom (despite having been a huge fan of the games since 1998) and there were only the two really active forums back then, SpyroForum and this place. Oh, well, and the Vivendi forums, but I didn't find those until later. I was a lot more active on SpyroForum until they made me a mod without asking if I wanted to or could be such. When things fell apart there, I migrated here and I've been lurking off and on ever since.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12920
#3 Posted: 17:58:23 31/07/2014
I always thought this was a good Spyro fansite, so I thought I'd join the forum once it opened.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#4 Posted: 21:55:50 31/07/2014
To thank dark for using some of his FAQs as a guide. I just stayed to yell incoherent nonsense at the new members and scare them. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#5 Posted: 08:46:54 01/08/2014
i did find the forum in late 2013 but didnt register before now. darkspyro is a good fansite with good information smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Ahaila Yellow Sparx Gems: 1966
#6 Posted: 14:06:24 03/08/2014
I found the site while searching for DotD cheat codes years ago, and I really liked how there's so much information about Spyro (and lots of stuff I didn't even know before). Then I realised there's a forum and thought that it might be a good idea to join and be a part of some discussions.
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#7 Posted: 17:28:56 04/08/2014
I was just randomly browsing Eternal Night fanart one day and someone had posted a link in one of their artist's comments. I went by the usernames "Aqua-Dragoness" and "FluffySundae" in the past. I just stick with Radiance now, lol.
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
S P Y R O Blue Sparx Gems: 953
#8 Posted: 18:21:30 04/08/2014
I found it a looooooong time ago when I had to find a guide on how to beat malefor. After reading through the forums, I joined up!
---
Spyro is cool, Spyro is cool. Anyone doesn't think Spyro's cool, must be a banana. smilie smilie
skyguy247 Green Sparx Gems: 310
#9 Posted: 19:27:24 04/08/2014
My first game was Skylanders Giants when it came out, and I couldn't get 3-Star completion on most levels, so I looked for a walkthrough, and I found this. At first, I only used the walkthroughs (which are great by the way) through finishing Swap Force. Then I went back to play Spyro's Adventure, and I read the comments because I thought they were interesting (or most of the time) and I thought "I should post some too..." so I signed up and I really got into the comment and forum system. I have never played the original Spyro games, and I probably never will. Thanks @dark52 for a great site!
---
I'm a sky guy, for life. Currently playing NBA 2K15.
Why did I use my master ball on Magikarp?
Money makes the world go round, but I wish I had some
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#10 Posted: 01:14:13 20/08/2014
My ideas for Spyro Enchanted, a Spyro revival series that I hoped became real one day. I spread my ideas like I was injecting people with a parasite. I'll admit, some people liked the idea at first, but then I started getting annoying. I tried to cover up for it by behaving like Spyro, but I ultimately acted like a jerk, just like the real Spyro (LOL). I'm now known as a...well, the guy who isn't attached to the modern kid's series with them toys, but I like some of the smallest bits of the kid's series (Flashwing FTW!!!)

I'm currently writing a fanfic version of the first part of the Spyro Enchanted series, Spyro: Twisted Darkness. It's not much right now, and so far, it doesn't have any Skylanders...things in it, but it describes what I would like to see. It'll include that whole "Skylander portal" thing in the future, but it's going to take a while.

The link to the fic is in my signature. Click the link that says "MyFic."
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#11 Posted: 06:08:51 20/08/2014
Mainly because I was getting into Skylanders and a old friend who is no longer active here made a fanfic that I liked. I stayed because of my friends and odd community, though I don't really post often enough.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#12 Posted: 12:34:35 20/08/2014
I was already a member over at Spyroforum, and I guess after my friend Spyroo kept mentioning DS, I figured I'd give it a try smilie
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Skylark56 Blue Sparx Gems: 610
#13 Posted: 14:24:27 20/08/2014
I wanted to find a place to promote my Spyro Youtube Series, I wanted to find a place for people who knew exactly what I was talking about, because none of my friends enjoy Spyro as much as I. I found this place and everyone was so friendly, I felt like I was actually welcome somewhere.
---
Finding Something New About Spyro Everyday!
TheReptileGirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1197
#14 Posted: 17:19:11 20/08/2014
I came here to work with the Project Frixion group for three years, but I quit about six months ago due to getting a new scripter who practically made it into a cruddy fan-fiction, even though the original script was 78% complete and had an awesome story line, he scrapped it and made into something you'll cringe at.. Waste of a project, but it did help me improve my art skills greatly.
---
It's a no from me.
MetallicDragon Red Sparx Gems: 47
#15 Posted: 21:22:45 20/08/2014
I found the forum by looking up something about Skylanders on Bing, and it lead to a post here. I joined because it seemed like a cool place to hang out (and with Spyro!). Also: I'm still new to Skylanders so it looked fun to poke around.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#16 Posted: 19:16:54 21/08/2014
I originally came across this site in 2008; I done a Google search on the Spyro franchise to see if there was any new games coming out for Spyro since I didn't hear of anything for ages, and at that times I only knew of the first four console games, and then I stumbled across this site, and went on from there...
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#17 Posted: 15:14:36 22/08/2014
I was looking for news on Trap Team and came across the site.

I thought i'd stick around and try a little fanfic writing.
---
^ You all know it's true
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10445
#18 Posted: 16:36:04 22/08/2014
Even though there has been multiple topics about these how-did-I-find-dS stories (sticky one too in Idle Chatter, if my memory serves me correctly?), it is always nice to tell one’s own story. I joined here in the first half of the year 2007. I was searching for cheat codes for every Spyro game released on PS1 and PS2 platforms up to that date. A simple Google search brought me here and then I realized that this place was a whole community with its forums and people who share interest in Spyro the Dragon franchise. Of course I decided that I should give this place a chance and thought that I could find something interesting and worthy of my time; I was right.

Well here I am seven years later recalling those days. I remember that Spyro discussion in every section of the forum was actually flourishing and people seemed to find always something to talk about the Spyro and its universe itself. Of course there was the infamous Classic fans vs TLoS fans war raging on and it continued for a while. Of course the natural way of the things that have happened to Spyro franchise the Spyro-oriented universe talk has declined since the Skylanders is the thing right now and as a man who cannot give a slightest bit of interest towards that franchise, the S&N is the place for us washed-up relics to go. So that is my story.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3286
#19 Posted: 17:23:31 22/08/2014
I came here to get info on skylanders and was just a "Fodder", I was a Fodder for like 2 years! Now I am a regular user of the forum.
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#20 Posted: 20:59:01 22/08/2014
Sometime in 2005/2006 I was looking for a Spyro the Dragon fansite. I finally registered for the forums in 2007.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me