darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Trap Team: The Most Expensive Game Yet
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Trap Team: The Most Expensive Game Yet
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#101 Posted: 12:51:25 05/08/2014
To the defense of those who are concerned about buying someone due to a one game gimmick, its about getting everything you can out of the product ya know?

And I think they are fighting the demons of SF a bit here - being 100% honest with you, I could leave the 'swap areas' on the floor. Some were fun, but most of those 'mini-games' were an annoyance that slowed the pace of the game down WAY too much (my current play through where I am skipping all that is showing me that - sort of like watching the Transformer movies, but fast forwarding past all the scenes that don't have a Transformer in them.

But even doing that, the IDEA of Swap characters was a good one. In the next entry, I can see me reaching to use my Swap characters.

But the way things are implemented this go around, the Trap Masters are 'cores with a jump attack', a 'slightly modifiable weapon' *based on what we wre told early on, though we haven't gotten full clarification on that*, and the onyl way to access ANY of the sde missions. There won't be Swap zones *fine*, no 'elemental gates' that cores cna go through, I'm not expecting 'Giant' boxes again, the game seems built for the Trap Masters exclusively, if you have a core on your portal, you HAVE to swap them out to do anything but go 'straight ahead'. Maybe if there were 'villain gates' at least this would feel a little different, but as it stands if my wife and I play as Funny Bone and Hot Dog, there is no side missions we can take part in. On my current play through I went through about half the game with a new Jade Fire Kraken. I didn't swap him for anyone else at ALL until the snow missions, and I STILL got some side content. I could have done that with Wham Shell and still had side content.

Not in the next game - and I think that is the burn. Its literally 'trap or die'.
- Unreall
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#102 Posted: 15:05:18 05/08/2014
Quote: Lock
221.85 $ pre-tax USD

That is how much it will cost to unlock all IN GAME CONTENT for trap team.

1 Starter Pack 74.99

7 Additional traps 41.93

7 Additional Trap Masters 104.93

------------------------------------------

This does not include the cost of:

Any of the cool new core figures.

Any Adventure packs.

Eon's Elite.

Possible return of sidekicks.

You don't have to buy everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#103 Posted: 15:19:26 05/08/2014
Quote: undeadmaster
221.85 $ pre-tax USD

1 Starter Pack 74.99

7 Additional traps 41.93

Any Adventure packs.

Eon's Elite.

the bare minimum to buy as i see it is this...

the trap team game, 3ds version of trap team game, all trappers (no variants), all new cores (no variants), 6 traps,1 kaos trap, all adventure packs(and all battle packs if there is any). the guide book, a case/bag to have everything in, eons elite spyro.... (the sidekicks we dont have enough info about yet, so i dont include them)
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#104 Posted: 17:07:03 05/08/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
221.85 $ pre-tax USD

1 Starter Pack 74.99

7 Additional traps 41.93

Any Adventure packs.

Eon's Elite.

the bare minimum to buy as i see it is this...

the trap team game, 3ds version of trap team game, all trappers (no variants), all new cores (no variants), 6 traps,1 kaos trap, all adventure packs(and all battle packs if there is any). the guide book, a case/bag to have everything in, eons elite spyro.... (the sidekicks we dont have enough info about yet, so i dont include them)

lol! That's not the bare minimum: that's everything (except all the extra traps) and a few things that aren't even needed to finish the game. smilie Bare bones to get everything the game has to offer with the least amount of money so far involves what the OP wrote, along with the two adventure packs to open the two locked levels. Now if they make it so characters for this game unlock something like Heroics, then we'd be throwing on all trap masters and all cores.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
#105 Posted: 17:12:50 05/08/2014
if you want to experience all the game this is the bare minimum. if you want to experience half the game your welcome to do that.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#106 Posted: 17:15:32 05/08/2014
if you want to experience all the game this is the bare minimum. if you want to experience half the game your welcome to do that.

Well in all fairness, we may have different definitions of bare minimum. For me it's just accessing all levels (including the two locked adventure pack levels) and accessing every area of every level. However, I can see your point because I think you might be defining it as also being able to play as every character encoded into the game as well.
---
#107 Posted: 17:35:03 05/08/2014
Quote: Eggers

Well in all fairness, we may have different definitions of bare minimum. For me it's just accessing all levels (including the two locked adventure pack levels) and accessing every area of every level. However, I can see your point because I think you might be defining it as also being able to play as every character encoded into the game as well.

yes the new characters is a part of the game. you get reminded by the souls gem that your missing out. same goes for the villains.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#108 Posted: 17:39:53 05/08/2014
also another thing is that the more of the new characters you have the more you upgrade them and stronger they get in each new game. you can take one not upgraded ssa figure and use it in a new save file of swap force. you will get your butt kicked in no time.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#109 Posted: 17:41:10 05/08/2014
Soul Gems! I hope to god they don't bury any of them in the Trap Master Elemental gated zones, I don't remember any of them being in elemental zones in the past though.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
#110 Posted: 17:48:19 05/08/2014
Quote: Zylek
Soul Gems! I hope to god they don't bury any of them in the Trap Master Elemental gated zones, I don't remember any of them being in elemental zones in the past though.

they will be there to remind you of what your missing in the game, thats for sure.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#111 Posted: 17:49:18 05/08/2014
Quote: Zylek

I'm sure there will be ones that are. If they are doing gates that can only be opened by them in an attempt to force your purchase of them trap masters, I'm sure they'll stick some soul gems in there. People might think they can play the game without hats, but they know more people will feel forced if they soul gems are in there for any new character they bought.
---
#112 Posted: 17:52:59 05/08/2014
they do everything to squeeze the dollars outta you...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#113 Posted: 18:00:58 05/08/2014
they do everything to squeeze the dollars outta you...

They'll never squeeze dollars out of me.
---
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#114 Posted: 19:59:42 05/08/2014
The only trap master Im buying is Krypt King no cores. Im just getting a bunch of traps. Now Christmas is a whole other matter. Im a kid so the game is more for me (but if you like it play it) and Im not getting trap masters or cores because I don't have or want to spend you don't have to ether.
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
#115 Posted: 20:06:33 05/08/2014
The only trap master Im buying is Krypt King no cores. Im just getting a bunch of traps. Now Christmas is a whole other matter. Im a kid so the game is more for me (but if you like it play it) and Im not getting trap masters or cores because I don't have or want to spend you don't have to ether.

then you dont get to visit all areas. also you get no hats that gives you power upgrades and you dont get souls gem, so you can max out the powers of the trappers you have....
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#116 Posted: 20:39:44 05/08/2014
Dunno what's the big deal about not getting 100% for one game of the series. It's one thing if you're a hardcore completionist or really needs every single hat, but the only punishment for not getting them is an ugly percentage number and maybe some missing villains. Several Soul Gems show up outside of gates, and if the villains are inside Traptanium gates, just buy the needed Trapper later down the road. No need to pre-order the entire 100% run.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
chadomac Green Sparx Gems: 350
#117 Posted: 16:41:03 08/08/2014
do we have a list of characters available
on launch day?
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#118 Posted: 16:49:28 08/08/2014
Quote: chadomac
do we have a list of characters available
on launch day?

Nope, not yet.
---
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#119 Posted: 18:04:33 08/08/2014
The whole point of the Soul Gems' videos is to say "Hey, kids, this is the AWESOME new power you can unlock for the character you don't have!". I doubt they'd bury those behind a paywall, since essentially it's one of their advertising techniques for the figures.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
#120 Posted: 18:31:40 08/08/2014
Quote: Wolfgang
The whole point of the Soul Gems' videos is to say "Hey, kids, this is the AWESOME new power you can unlock for the character you don't have!". I doubt they'd bury those behind a paywall, since essentially it's one of their advertising techniques for the figures.

they just did that with gates that can only be opened by trappers...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#121 Posted: 18:32:55 08/08/2014
Though SOME have been in Elemental Gates before. They do serve as a trailer for this character you don't have (or bragging rights to quickly show that fully upgraded character to friends), however, so from a game design standpoint they should be in gates of elements from the Starter Pack or at least the same element of the gate for a higher chance of unlocking them with the actual character.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me