darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Trap Team: The Most Expensive Game Yet
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Trap Team: The Most Expensive Game Yet
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#51 Posted: 05:46:37 01/08/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Was I asking for your approval of how I purchased? Was I lamenting? I was simply talking about my journey and confirming defpally's comment that they prevent those that want to collect from doing it because there's a breaking point financially for most.

Sit down. I misread your response to be a lament, it's not that big of a deal pepper.

Also, I'm going to be real with you, they haven't "prevented" anything. Sure, they've added more to be collected but a real collector would buy it all. After all, even defpally's original post mentioned how they get off on getting everything and Activision are aware of this.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#52 Posted: 05:49:28 01/08/2014
Quote: GothamLord
Quote: min8or

i think the issue has more to do with the elemental gates not opening to cores or old characters anymore. some, but not all, some, people would be okay with the requirement of 8 new trap masters for their new gates if there was still a purpose for the cores and old figures.
there is also the "need" for a trap of each element, so there is almost 2 new gimmick requirements.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner !

I was fine with Swappers getting their own zones. It worked out fine. Even the twin elemental gates was fine because I could "cheat" by adding a second player on my core to have both there to activate it. Then I dropped the second player after it was unlocked. My core character still served a purpose. Now they cant even do that. I would have been fine if the Trap Masters had their own special area that needed to break them open by smashing Traptanium. I would have even been okay with the Traptanium being elementally aligned. Activison basically again forcing me to buy eights figures. Now, not only any I forced to buy eight figures, I'm told the others cant do jacksquat.

Dare I play devil's advocate? Aren't they requiring LESS purchases from us? Don't people see that as a positive? Cores still function in game, just no "purpose". Frankly, the zones are a scam anyway. Most of them are afterthoughts and places to hide goodies that prevent 100% completion...that's it. I really think they would re-design the whole elemental thing. It's tired.

If you think about it, they are actually REQUIRING 8 traps and 8 trap masters if you want to "experience" most / all of the game. Yes, it's more than last game, where the swap characters could double for swap zones and elementals...I guess I am saying that they do seem to keep the bar of requiring purchases roughly the same.

Do not adjust your tv. You have not stepped into the twilight zone.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 05:55:02 01/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
#53 Posted: 05:57:11 01/08/2014
The whole game is a scam. Just getting the starter pack and no other figures renders you with like a 50% completion (not to mention 25$ for another level, a character and some items you will barely use).

I don't see how this game is requiring less purchases either. For one, if you have been with the series from the beginning and had a Skylander of each type you could unlock the Gates if they weren't made exclusive to Trap Masters. SO now, you HAVE to buy 7 more figures (6 more if Dark) to unlock those gates instead of picking only the ones you want. That's 7 or 6 additional purchases just to open it up. If you're new and this is your first installment then it is cheaper but it really is just on par with Swap Force with less things for the core to do.

That's assuming the Traptanium Gates are the exclusive areas for Trap Masters (unlike the Swap Zones).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:59:07 01/08/2014 by Hexin_Wishes
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#54 Posted: 08:08:16 01/08/2014
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
The whole game is a scam. Just getting the starter pack and no other figures renders you with like a 50% completion (not to mention 25$ for another level, a character and some items you will barely use).

I don't see how this game is requiring less purchases either. For one, if you have been with the series from the beginning and had a Skylander of each type you could unlock the Gates if they weren't made exclusive to Trap Masters. SO now, you HAVE to buy 7 more figures (6 more if Dark) to unlock those gates instead of picking only the ones you want. That's 7 or 6 additional purchases just to open it up. If you're new and this is your first installment then it is cheaper but it really is just on par with Swap Force with less things for the core to do.

That's assuming the Traptanium Gates are the exclusive areas for Trap Masters (unlike the Swap Zones).

toys comes to life was a fantastic idea, its for sure sad to see it end up as a scam. i guess anything good dont last forever, specially when you got activision to stab you in the back...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#55 Posted: 09:58:27 01/08/2014
And there is nothing to say that some other company down the road cant pick up the idea once again and bring back the dream. Will it be in the Skylands again? Sadly, No. That ship will have sailed. I doubt Activision would sell the rights to the Skylanders to anyone. But maybe the next go round with a new world of wonder will be twice as good. ....Maybe this time they,whatever company it is, might actually give two figs about a continued plot, character development and growth, and marketing the franchise to not be a decade based fad.

..... Pppfffftttt Who am I kidding right ?
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#56 Posted: 10:07:33 01/08/2014

Seems like traptanium gates and crystals only have to be opened/destroyed by trap masters, allowing you to use any character within the areas they unlock. And, when you say "Swap Zones", I'm pretty sure you meant dual-element gates, because there's a huge difference. Dual element gates aren't exclusive in the slightest, but the movement-based Swap Zones are limited to just 2 characters each, cannot change characters within the zone, and player 2 is just a power-up.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#57 Posted: 10:52:00 01/08/2014
Quote: Lock
Quote: GothamLord
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner !

I was fine with Swappers getting their own zones. It worked out fine. Even the twin elemental gates was fine because I could "cheat" by adding a second player on my core to have both there to activate it. Then I dropped the second player after it was unlocked. My core character still served a purpose. Now they cant even do that. I would have been fine if the Trap Masters had their own special area that needed to break them open by smashing Traptanium. I would have even been okay with the Traptanium being elementally aligned. Activison basically again forcing me to buy eights figures. Now, not only any I forced to buy eight figures, I'm told the others cant do jacksquat.

This x 100000000

People do not understand prices are going up and each game in the franchise is now ignoring returning players.

Giants served no purpose in swap force.

SO FAR no swap zones have been announced for trap team.

Do you really think trap masters will be handled any different in the next game? or forgotten like every gimmick introduced yet.

DEAL WIT HIT , DONT BUY IT LOLZ , YOU KNOW WHAT YOU GOTTEN INTO TTEE HEE HEE

Any answer like these ^ ^ ^ are from the true fanboys ignoring the faults in the sequels.

To be clear, Activision isn't forcing anyone to do anything. Yes, they are using your desire to complete everything in the game to sell more figures. Without a doubt. There are a ton of customers who won't get 6 more traptanium figures because they don't care.

And Activision doesn't throw in special areas for giants and swappers intentionally. They do not want to alienate new customers who never played Giants or Swap Force and provide areas that they cannot access because they don't have all of those figures. The cost of completing the game would skyrocket if you had to have 8 traptanium figures, 8 swappers, and a gaint, forcing too many customers to not even bother.

I just don't think it's logical to be complaining about the cost of the game and complaining about not have special areas for old figures. The two are not compatible. I don't know how Activision can satisfy both of those wishes and keep old and new customers fully satisfied. As well, I don't think you can include the traps as part of the cost of completing the game, and not include every figure. The traps and figures get you the same thing, a new character to play as.

All that said though, I would have rather seen them do special areas the same way they did Giants. 8 elemental gates plus 1 traptanium gate. Of course there are people who would complain about that too, complaining that there isn't enough incentive to buy traptanium characters. I'm not terribly upset about this for me personally though as I likely would have gotten 8 traptanium characters anyway.

Basically, point is, I think it's worth considering what the reaction from customers (including customers that aren't you) would be if they made different decisions. Not saying you have to like their decisions and buy their stuff no matter what, just that it's not as black and white from their point of view as it is from yours.
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#58 Posted: 11:10:47 01/08/2014
I think you missed the key point though that the core Skylanders have no purpose in this latest game. Short of something we have yet to be told. At this point its, not even the fact that older fans are being alienated. Activision just shot themselves in the foot.

If I was a brand new customer with this release, I have zero reason to buy a single core Skylander with the Trap Team game given what information we have. They don't open gates now, anyone can use a trap, the Trap Masters do more damage. So... why buy anything other than Trap Masters? That leaves 15(as Food Fight is in the Starter) core figures left out in the cold. There is no specialty function for them in game, outside of maybe what? Having a character of that element in a section of the level tied to it? The bonus isnt that huge. We really wouldnt have a reason to get them, unless we just wanted a character because "they looked cool". Its a bad business move on multiple levels.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:12:13 01/08/2014 by GothamLord
Alexanddan Blue Sparx Gems: 615
#59 Posted: 11:10:56 01/08/2014
Nice job putting some perspective on things
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#60 Posted: 11:23:43 01/08/2014
What is 100%?

If you see it as being able to access every area and play what you can with minimal characters, there's no need to buy extra traps for 100%, because (from what I understand) they only serve to let you play as villains- they give you more characters. The reason you would want to go into the Trap Masters' zones, then, would be to get character collectables like Hats are there and fight the boss. You would probably also spend money to get the Adventure Packs, because they're unique levels with all the same stuff. That is to reach all ingame areas in story levels, but with minimised spending on characters.

That might be different depending on wether we have "villain-only zones" for villains of particular Elements, or some ridiculous crud involving buying particular Traps, but there's no confirmation of that either way. It's confirmed villains get some kind of quests to do, but that could just be on the same level as Skylanders' Personal Quests... Or totally unique levels a la Heroics. Like I said, we don't know.

To me, 100% means the chance to play every character in some iteration (for example, Series 1 Spyro would count but, although he has something new, Series 2 wouldn't matter for "100%" because it's just one extra upgrade and still the same Spyro besides that)- so at minimum, I'd want to buy 7 extra traps (including the Kaos Trap), plus 15 extra Trap Masters and 15 extra Cores and all Adventure Packs for "100%". To me the main thing that matters is being able to play all characters, with unique base movesets/designs/etc., in some form and being able to access all areas to play them in (that comes with buying all the characters, basically). I would also buy reposes for their Wow Pows next although they personally count as going beyond 100%.

If you count the multiplayer features too, add Battle Packs to your purchase list. (They may even matter for unlocking things in Single Player, too, if Survival is back and they still unlock the final Survival arenas.)

There are extra things like Hats which add to completion in the game (UFO hat locked on Target card) and Magic Items which let you unleash abilities you can't otherwise, though I personally never think about them because they just don't affect things enough for me to care.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 11:30:02 01/08/2014 by Arc of Archives
#61 Posted: 13:45:01 01/08/2014
@AoA: I believe completion means being able to access any area in game. You're correct I didn't include Adventure/Battle Packs. Also, keep in mind that in Swap Force they've compelled figure purchases to unlock hats, so even specific character purchases may be required. Also, we don't know if "Villain Stashes" prevent completion. My guess is that it does, but technically we have that covered with the traps in the Starter....unless the stashes are elementally aligned. The video suggested ANY villain would do, but they've made changes before. We'll see.

@Hexin: I didn't say LESS, I said roughly the same. They're simply mixing and matching what you buy that's needed for completion. Cores not needed, but 8 trap masters and (if you want to play as all villains) 8 traps. I do agree that Giants had lower cost of entry. By that game if you had jumped onto the first one you already met the requirements for seeing anything you wanted to in game.

@Gotham: World of Wonder. I played through SSA levels last night and it still feels very right--a true adventure and true wonder. Now it feels like a mega-million dollar production movie (good production values I agree) but doesn't spur the imagination like the first.

On requiring cores, you do know people buy characters because they like their fighting techniques, or simply think he's a cool character? Sometimes (in fact I would argue many times) character purchases aren't about completing the game for these kids, its for playing as their favorite skylander. Problem is, there's too damn many of them now.Pragmatically and logically, you're absolutely correct. But kids are going to go with their hearts on these characters, not looking at the game as a checklist. Not me, of course.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 13:55:18 01/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#62 Posted: 14:30:56 01/08/2014
Villain element zones?!? Don't give them any more ideas! smilie At this point it would not surprise me in the least though
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
#63 Posted: 16:46:14 01/08/2014
Quote: Nightmoon

Seems like traptanium gates and crystals only have to be opened/destroyed by trap masters, allowing you to use any character within the areas they unlock. And, when you say "Swap Zones", I'm pretty sure you meant dual-element gates, because there's a huge difference. Dual element gates aren't exclusive in the slightest, but the movement-based Swap Zones are limited to just 2 characters each, cannot change characters within the zone, and player 2 is just a power-up.

1) You still need to have a Trap master of that element while in previous games you just need the SKylander of the element.

2) I didn't flesh out that statement (yikes! it was early in the AM), I meant "unlike Swap Zones co-existing with elemental Gates"

@GhostRoaster: you did say "LESS" in playing Devil's Advocate:

Aren't they requiring LESS purchases from us?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:49:03 01/08/2014 by Hexin_Wishes
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#64 Posted: 17:55:52 01/08/2014

1) You still need to have a Trap master of that element while in previous games you just need the SKylander of the element.

2) I didn't flesh out that statement (yikes! it was early in the AM), I meant "unlike Swap Zones co-existing with elemental Gates"

1) I didn't say anything that would contradict that...

2) Ah, that makes more sense. Too early or too late can mess up posts big time XP
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#65 Posted: 18:43:24 01/08/2014

1) I didn't say anything that would contradict that...

You didn't but the reason I brought it up is because you need a Trap Master to gain entry into those Gates. So, playing as a corelander after you unlock the area isn't a positive since the issue is with the accessibility to unlock an area (i.e. without needing to buy another figure) that was previously open to all figure types of an element.
#66 Posted: 08:51:40 02/08/2014
activision forcing you to buy 16 trappers now, if not you cant enter all the ingames areas... activision is getting more sinister for every new skylanders game. i think its time to vote with the wallet this time.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#67 Posted: 09:09:50 02/08/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
activision forcing you to buy 16 trappers now, if not you cant enter all the ingames areas... activision is getting more sinister for every new skylanders game. i think its time to vote with the wallet this time.

Go ahead you can quit if you want. This isn't problem for me as I was going to get all the Trap Masters anyways.
---
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#68 Posted: 09:37:25 02/08/2014

i didn't realise there were 16 different elemental gates now.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
#69 Posted: 09:39:24 02/08/2014
Quote: min8or

i didn't realise there were 16 different elemental gates now.

I think you only need 8 for the Elemental Gates but 16 for other stuff?
---
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#70 Posted: 10:39:40 02/08/2014
its insane money to pay just for one game.

You must not have heard of Guitar Hero or Rock Band I assume.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
#71 Posted: 10:44:28 02/08/2014
Quote: WickedRogue
its insane money to pay just for one game.

You must not have heard of Guitar Hero or Rock Band I assume.

guitar hero is just peanuts compared to skylanders games.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#72 Posted: 11:43:21 02/08/2014
Quote:

Has any of this actually been confirmed or is it just speculation?
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
#73 Posted: 11:43:26 02/08/2014
Wasn't Swap Force the most expensive before? why didn't we complain about that?
---
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#74 Posted: 12:28:54 02/08/2014
Just buy what you want. Personally I have ni problem getting a trap master of each element.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#75 Posted: 13:40:09 02/08/2014

That would be 7, not 16. $105. There are 8 elements and you have 1 in your starter pack. And yes, that's more expensive then SF...by 1 figure. Sinister indeed. And yes, please vote with your wallet.

DI currently has 2 additional playsets at $35 each. Assume there will a 3rd placeset since they had 3 extra ind DI 1 (although they had 3 in the starter pack, not 1 as they do in DI 2). That's also $105. Is DI also sinister? I do think you get more for the $105 with DI, but you heck of a lot more in the starter pack with skylanders, so it's fair to say that evens out. Heck, if you don't want to spend $100s on a game, Skylanders definitely is your better option.
GoHeels999 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1022
#76 Posted: 03:25:40 03/08/2014
Not even close to the $300 I will drop on DI 2.0 for the kids. At least I play the Skylanders games.
#77 Posted: 12:15:50 03/08/2014
Quote: melvimbe

That would be 7, not 16. $105. There are 8 elements and you have 1 in your starter pack. And yes, that's more expensive then SF...by 1 figure. Sinister indeed. And yes, please vote with your wallet.

DI currently has 2 additional playsets at $35 each. Assume there will a 3rd placeset since they had 3 extra ind DI 1 (although they had 3 in the starter pack, not 1 as they do in DI 2). That's also $105. Is DI also sinister? I do think you get more for the $105 with DI, but you heck of a lot more in the starter pack with skylanders, so it's fair to say that evens out. Heck, if you don't want to spend $100s on a game, Skylanders definitely is your better option.

Plus not a di characters have their own story. I think that is a bit disappointing too. Overall qs previously mentioned kids will get characters they want to play with. I guess that's always the case with skylanders.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#78 Posted: 13:16:09 03/08/2014
Quote: Snap Shot
Just buy what you want. Personally I have ni problem getting a trap master of each element.

its gonna cost you.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#79 Posted: 13:18:23 03/08/2014

its gonna cost you.

We've known that Skylanders was going to cost us since day 1. All Swap Force cost the same as all Trap Masters so we know what the cost is.
---
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#80 Posted: 14:33:07 03/08/2014
you guy whine because it too expensive , but you will buy nearly all the figure anyway
---
THE END IS NEAR
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:49:03 03/08/2014 by nitendofan92
#81 Posted: 15:26:26 03/08/2014
Quote: nitendofan92
you guy whine because it too expensive , but you will buy nearly all the figure anyway

That's an overly generalized post. And even if true, I say its fine. The cost of buying a lot of this is in fact expensive. Of course, they can also make a decision to cut back.
---
#82 Posted: 01:45:47 04/08/2014

Plus not a di characters have their own story.

What? I am pretty sure Disney knows that if a consumer buys the figures they are aware of the character's history.

Aside from that, anyone claiming that Skylanders have a story is kidding themselves. All of them are so half-assed I don't even bother reading them anymore.
#83 Posted: 04:54:38 04/08/2014
Sorry should have been more specific. NOT ALL DI characters have a world
---
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#84 Posted: 14:01:56 04/08/2014
I had an epiphany thinking about this topic yesterday.

My brains been on overload trying to figure out what to do in my current financial situation (having money, not not enough to do what I want like usual, though wife finally got a job again yay).

Everyone seems to be missing the important aspect of all things cost related. I've been trapped (no pun intended) focusing on the price as well, but what it really comes down to is

Buying something because you WANT it.

That should speak for itself more than anything. I look at the price with a level of disgust because frankly - I don't think I want it. I bought all the figures I did early on, because I wanted them, they were unique and cool. I mean honestly, I bought Giants because I saw the figure for Thumpback and said 'that looks cool, what is this', and it went from there. It wasn't about a gimmick or anything, I just saw a really cool toy that I wanted to play with that my son liked.

Fast forward to now, and being honest with myself, I see the trap aspect and just don't want to spend money on it. Very few of the figures have elicited that feeling of 'buy me' (there are some - don't get me wrong). so instead of buying the figures that I want and being able to play the game, I'm trying to internally rationalize it as "what do I need to spend in order to play as the handful of characters I actually WANT to play as?"

That's what ALL of this centers around. It's not about the game being the most expensive one to date and the upward trend of cost, it has to do with not being excited enough about trap mechanic and trap masters to want to put out hte money for them. I was EXCITED about Swap Force, so I didn't even FLINCH at the overall cost until I was 'done' with the game and still buying figures. I still remember launch day, standing outside of TRU with other parents, going inside and grabbing one of EVERYTHING, then going to the next shopping center *Target* so I could get Nitro Magna Charge - since TRU opened before Target. I didn't care about the cost at ALL, I just wanted everything.

I'm just not feeling it now. *stops talking money and walks out thread*
-Unreall
#85 Posted: 14:50:10 04/08/2014
I agree. Some people have OCD ... anyone seen "hoarders?" on TV? The way you describe is probably the healthiest.
---
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#86 Posted: 15:03:45 04/08/2014
Perfect depiction of the problem Unreallystic
#87 Posted: 15:18:29 04/08/2014
I agree. Some people have OCD ... anyone seen "hoarders?" on TV? The way you describe is probably the healthiest.

OCD is a problem. People shouldn't have a carte blache of over buying because look I'm OCD I have no responsability of my disorder or what ever
---
THE END IS NEAR
#88 Posted: 15:27:00 04/08/2014
People should be responsible, to the extent they can be. I admit I've gone into OCD purchases with this franchise...there's an ebb and flow to it. I'm OCD into getting my gazillion house projects done now.
---
#89 Posted: 16:37:15 04/08/2014
Quote: Unreallystic
I had an epiphany thinking about this topic yesterday.

My brains been on overload trying to figure out what to do in my current financial situation (having money, not not enough to do what I want like usual, though wife finally got a job again yay).

Everyone seems to be missing the important aspect of all things cost related. I've been trapped (no pun intended) focusing on the price as well, but what it really comes down to is

Buying something because you WANT it.

That should speak for itself more than anything. I look at the price with a level of disgust because frankly - I don't think I want it. I bought all the figures I did early on, because I wanted them, they were unique and cool. I mean honestly, I bought Giants because I saw the figure for Thumpback and said 'that looks cool, what is this', and it went from there. It wasn't about a gimmick or anything, I just saw a really cool toy that I wanted to play with that my son liked.

Fast forward to now, and being honest with myself, I see the trap aspect and just don't want to spend money on it. Very few of the figures have elicited that feeling of 'buy me' (there are some - don't get me wrong). so instead of buying the figures that I want and being able to play the game, I'm trying to internally rationalize it as "what do I need to spend in order to play as the handful of characters I actually WANT to play as?"

That's what ALL of this centers around. It's not about the game being the most expensive one to date and the upward trend of cost, it has to do with not being excited enough about trap mechanic and trap masters to want to put out hte money for them. I was EXCITED about Swap Force, so I didn't even FLINCH at the overall cost until I was 'done' with the game and still buying figures. I still remember launch day, standing outside of TRU with other parents, going inside and grabbing one of EVERYTHING, then going to the next shopping center *Target* so I could get Nitro Magna Charge - since TRU opened before Target. I didn't care about the cost at ALL, I just wanted everything.

I'm just not feeling it now. *stops talking money and walks out thread*
-Unreall

you should consider taking a break from skylanders, there will always be skylanders 5 coming. actually i think a lot of people here on darkspyro need a break. just enjoy what you have and take a deep breath and clear the mind.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#90 Posted: 16:45:29 04/08/2014
Pretty much.
---
#91 Posted: 17:04:20 04/08/2014
If you can't afford all the Skylanders you can't get all the Skylanders it is that simple. Every game is going to cost more each year and you have to deal with it!
---
#92 Posted: 17:26:47 04/08/2014
Quote: wreckingballbob
If you can't afford all the Skylanders you can't get all the Skylanders it is that simple. Every game is going to cost more each year and you have to deal with it!

Oh god no! Don't tell me the next one will be more ripping than the last
---
THE END IS NEAR
#93 Posted: 17:40:05 04/08/2014

It will most likely cost more.
---
#94 Posted: 17:41:23 04/08/2014

sg didnt so that theory dont hold water...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#95 Posted: 17:44:24 04/08/2014

sg didnt so that theory dont hold water...

If you got every Skylander in each game costs more than the last. However if you mean 100% then yes Giants didn't but that was only if you had Skylanders Spyro's Adventure already and if you did not it would cost more.
---
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#96 Posted: 18:06:27 04/08/2014
Since the collection screen tracks all of the previous figures along with the new onces, you'll never really 100% the game unless you have *all* the figures. Which means that every new game *does* cost more than the last by default. smilie
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#97 Posted: 18:59:40 04/08/2014
Quote: Unreallystic
*snip*
-Unreall

you should consider taking a break from skylanders, there will always be skylanders 5 coming. actually i think a lot of people here on darkspyro need a break. just enjoy what you have and take a deep breath and clear the mind.

No, there is no need for break, its not a 'worn out' issue - besides I have taken a break, after I beat SF, I stopped playing for a couple months, got some new figures, played a little bit, then stopped playing entirely. It's only been recently that I've started playing it again, I figured I'd beat it on my second copy...just a level a day - nothing serious and skipping all the extra stuff, just straight through heh.

I'm a completionist, I'm also impulsive, and my wife is both of those things also. I'm trying to 'break' my collector habit on this one - one for financial reasons - since SF came out I've purchased a house, my wife got pregnant, and we didn't have her income from the summer while dealing with a tenant in our condo in the DMV who did not pay on time, but also because - and what I was getting to in my post - I'm just not enthralled with what they are offering. I'm not trying to tittykitty on their product, I'm not trying to talk down to it or people who are excited about it, I simply don't feel excited.

The irony is it's essentially Swap Force 2 - in SF you could use the top OR the botom, but never at the same time...I couldn't have a tornado around my feet while punching. This is no different, only you buy the figures via crystals then have to unlock them. After those conditions are met, you can 'use the top' or *for initially 30 seconds* 'use the bottom'. That sounds great, and I hope its a wonderful game, but I'm just not in awe right now. Then, while they aren't the same games, they ARE competing for my dollars - DI2.0 IS getting me excited. Fewer figures. I know I won't be a completionist with DI2.0 as well - I don't want TB only characters like last time (I have characters that I never put on the portal due to my stupidity of buying them all initially). Most of my issues like how long it takes to get Toy Box going or the lack of abilities - are all being fixed. Then it has licensing for characters that my highly impressionable son is enamored with (Spiderman/Hulk/Iron Man)..its slowly turning into a no contest.

And while I'm trying to remain 'faithful' to SL, its hard to foot the bill ya know? Overpriced trap masters, crystals needed for something that should have been built into the overpriced trapmasters, and a gimmick that 'could' but most likely won't be transferred to the next installment.
- Unreall
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#98 Posted: 19:34:54 04/08/2014
Most of you talk about a "purpose" or a "function", regarding the Core characters...
When will those persons understand that the MOST IMPORTANT function of every single Skylander (Core, Giant, SWAP Force or Trap Master) is to make you have fun?
You might want to buy a specific character because it will unlock special areas, or have extra powers, but if you don't like it's look, or how it plays, in the first place, then you are just wasting your money.
I would really like to know if all those ones complaining about the inutility of gimmick characters, in future games, really tought that buying a 15$ Skylander, only to use him in a single game and unlock certain areas, would have been a good idea...
I am using all my 80 characters, in SWAP Force, even if, as you said, they don't have a "purpose", and I will surely use them all again, in Trap Team, along with the new characters I will buy.

As I already said in a previous post, it is ALWAYS all about the prices and the utility of the various characters. Not a single person talking about how he enjoyed, or not, playing a specific Skylander...
Sure, the cost is important, and the utility is too, but without a true motivation, it is all pointless...
That's really sad... If you want to spend a lot, only to have all the the functions possible, then buy a car with all the accessories. You might also enjoy it more, since Nightmare mode would be available immediatley... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#99 Posted: 19:39:48 04/08/2014
Quote: Drek95
Most of you talk about a "purpose" or a "function", regarding the Core characters...
When will those persons understand that the MOST IMPORTANT function of every single Skylander (Core, Giant, SWAP Force or Trap Master) is to make you have fun?
You might want to buy a specific character because it will unlock special areas, or have extra powers, but if you don't like it's look, or how it plays, in the first place, then you are just wasting your money.
I would really like to know if all those ones complaining about the inutility of gimmick characters, in future games, really tought that buying a 15$ Skylander, only to use him in a single game and unlock certain areas, would have been a good idea...
I am using all my 80 characters, in SWAP Force, even if, as you said, they don't have a "purpose", and I will surely use them all again, in Trap Team, along with the new characters I will buy.

As I already said in a previous post, it is ALWAYS all about the prices and the utility of the various characters. Not a single person talking about how he enjoyed, or not, playing a specific Skylander...
Sure, the cost is important, and the utility is too, but without a true motivation, it is all pointless...
That's really sad... If you want to spend a lot, only to have all the the functions possible, then buy a car with all the accessories. You might also enjoy it more, since Nightmare mode would be available immediatley... smilie

This so much.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#100 Posted: 19:49:07 04/08/2014
Quote: Drek95

This so much.

It's really relieving to know that someone thinks the same. smilie
I believe Unreall also said something like this, but more about the general "having to buy a specific character" idea.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me