darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Trap Team: The Most Expensive Game Yet
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Trap Team: The Most Expensive Game Yet
Lock Red Sparx Gems: 14
#1 Posted: 14:41:44 31/07/2014 | Topic Creator
221.85 $ pre-tax USD

That is how much it will cost to unlock all IN GAME CONTENT for trap team.

1 Starter Pack 74.99

7 Additional traps 41.93

7 Additional Trap Masters 104.93

------------------------------------------

This does not include the cost of:

Any of the cool new core figures.

Any Adventure packs.

Eon's Elite.

Possible return of sidekicks.
#2 Posted: 14:42:08 31/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Just for reference below is a list of total prices for previous games (All list including the one above assumes you have the prior figures in past games.)

Spyros Adventure = 109.94

Giants = 59.99

Swap Force = 164.93

Trap Team = 221.85
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#3 Posted: 15:42:36 31/07/2014
That assumes one is paying full retail. Which almost certainly isn't going to be the case for someone seeking only to achieve the minimum purchase to access all content. Sales have become much more common on Skylanders (even last Fall), and if Trap Team has a decline, there will be even more sales and opportunities for saving. I expect to see lots of B2G1 or B1G1 40-50 off type sales this year, like last year.

Oh, and as far as unlocking content, don't forget Adventure Packs. We know of two of those.
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#4 Posted: 15:50:45 31/07/2014
Yeah, Giants was the cheapest by far for story content. No new portal and same adventure packs without element-keyed giants.

It should be noted that you needed series 2 Zook and Cynder as well as all 8 giants to get all the heroic challenges though, so that adds 19.98 + 104.93 = 124.91 + 59.99 (for the game)= 174.90. That's actually more than Swap Force smilie [Not more though if you include the $49.98 for the 2 adventure packs in Swap Force - and don't forget the 2 battle packs for the additional arenas to get all the charms...)
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:52:05 31/07/2014 by jbkaok
hoodoo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1169
#5 Posted: 15:52:45 31/07/2014
From what IGN posted, each trap key only holds one villian. There are 40 to catch. If you want all the villians this cost goes way up.
---
A dad, a husband, a gamer
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#6 Posted: 15:58:05 31/07/2014
Quote: hoodoo
From what IGN posted, each trap key only holds one villian. There are 40 to catch. If you want all the villians this cost goes way up.

Not really. The jail at the hub holds villains too.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
TTD Hunter Gems: 6229
#7 Posted: 16:01:51 31/07/2014
I'm taking £350 to launch, hopefully it is enough. I'm gonna get 3ds starter pack, PS4 starter pack and PS4 dark starter pack as well as 6 traps and wave 1 of trap masters and new cores.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#8 Posted: 16:02:19 31/07/2014
thanks for putting this up, this just show activision have gone totally ballistic with the prices this time around. there is nothing that can justifying that price for trap team.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
hoodoo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1169
#9 Posted: 16:03:06 31/07/2014
Quote: AzureStarline
Quote: hoodoo

Not really. The jail at the hub holds villains too.

That is good to hear. My wife and my wallet will be glad to hear that.
---
A dad, a husband, a gamer
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#10 Posted: 16:33:20 31/07/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
thanks for putting this up, this just show activision have gone totally ballistic with the prices this time around. there is nothing that can justifying that price for trap team.

Someone needs to do a tally for the collector---you know, the guy who gets one of everything.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
OimakKamio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1643
#11 Posted: 16:44:26 31/07/2014
then dont buy it pretty simple. lol.
---
Lioned33 PS4
LORD OIMAK XBOX
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#12 Posted: 16:46:29 31/07/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

Someone needs to do a tally for the collector---you know, the guy who gets one of everything.

And then when I see that there are people who need two or more of each figure, I find myself astounded about what those collectors are putting out there in price.

And just wait until Skylanders 5 when you'll most likely need all 16 of whatever overpriced gimmick skylander they come up with. It's only a matter of time before their greed gets them to that point.

$15 for a trap master... honestly, compared to a $15 light-up giant? Just be glad they didn't go with Mini-Force or some gimmick like that. You'd be buying a $15 sidekick. And the most disappointing part is that I want this game to be good and I want to be able to buy it. But this toy focused greed by Activision is just... disgusting.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#13 Posted: 16:57:17 31/07/2014
err...I don't fully agree with the numbers...
But that may come to 'what is considered in game content'

To me that means access all areas including adventure packs. It dos not mean 'play as everything'.

So cutting out the actual cost and just looking at what's necessary to play EVERYTHING

SAS - Starter Set (Tech/Magic/Water) + 4 Adventure Sets (Water/Earth/Dead/Fire) + 2 Figures (Air/Life)
Giants - Starter Set (Giant;Life/Air/Dead) + 2 Battle Packs (Dead/Life/Water/Fire) + 3 figures (Earth/Magic/Tech)
Swap Force - Starter Set (Rocket/Climb;Water/Fire/Life) + 2 Adventure Packs (Air/Tech) + 2 Battle Packs(Dead/Life/Life/Earth) + 6 Figures (Spin/Jump/Speed/Dig/Teleport/Hide;Tech/Magic)

And with what we know so far, but aren't limited too
Trap Team - Starter Set (Water) + 2 Adventure Packs () + 7 figures (Trap Masters)

It's quite possible for this game to be CHEAPER than Swap Force. As it stands - yes traps are the new mechanic/gimmick - but they don't unlock any portion of the game, you can still play through the whole thing as S1 Spyro if you so choose. And, while it sucks that they didn't go the Giants route with regards to traptanium, there are now no longer any element gates *anyways*, and so far we don't have battle packs (that I know of).

Now putting a price to all this is a bit difficult - hence me using names, between sales and deals and locations (I didn't realize how many people from Australia were on these forums let alone Canada - both with different pricing than the US (and of course Europe), but the scope of purchases can be figured out and right now we are around the same level of swap Force. Now people will buy more traps, but they aren't needed. Buying all the traps is equivalent to buying all the new cores, its the ability to play as a character, but not content.
- Unreall
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#14 Posted: 17:03:40 31/07/2014
Quote: OimakKamio

Pretty much.

My perspective is this: they seem to be actively trying to push the limits of the collector. You know, those that have to get everything. The people that now have like 6 Spyros and 3 Star Strikes, etc. As long as the collector feels that it is feasible to "collect em all", they will play right along. Once you reach the point where you see the amount of stuff that is going to be available (or you already have) is ridiculous, then you cut back on purchases. But, you don't simply go, ok I'm not going to buy a few of them - you start to cut out entire lines, like variants or reposes. The key for a collector is the feeling that they can reach a goal, but once they are convinced that isn't reasonable, then they stop buying every single figure and may only buy a few (or none).

While I am happy they have lots of options people will enjoy, I still have the feeling they are going to break many collectors of their desire to obtain them all (even more so than last year). And once people have been convinced that not having them all is ok, it is a small step to cutting way back.

I've resigned myself that collecting them all this time isn't feasible or even have a desire to. For many reasons, including my sons being more into Infinity lately. But also because I look at the crates of the ones I have and say "that's ample to enjoy Trap Team with (although obviously I'll get a few of those that I like). Not to mention the game's "innovation" is pretty darn underwhelming this year. And I also see the volume of them, 16 Trap Masters, 18 Reposes, 16 core, who knows how many Sidekicks, a bunch of Traps, Adventure Packs, etc. and say whoa, that's too much for me. I said "hmm, I can do without reposes". Then "hmm, corelanders aren't all essential either". Then I said "why do I need all the traps, I've already got 80 unique characters to play with already". In other words, my plans went from "get them all" last game to "probably get less than 10" for this one. That's a big drop, and I get the feeling from other collectors here and elsewhere I am not alone in this.

Trap Team is going to be loads less expensive than Swap Force for me. And they helped convince me.
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#15 Posted: 17:04:27 31/07/2014
I'd argue the 3DS games should also count because each era is basically two adventures.
#16 Posted: 17:11:22 31/07/2014
Quote: Unreallystic

To me that means access all areas including adventure packs. It dos not mean 'play as everything'.

So cutting out the actual cost and just looking at what's necessary to play EVERYTHING

SAS - Starter Set (Tech/Magic/Water) + 4 Adventure Sets (Water/Earth/Dead/Fire) + 2 Figures (Air/Life)
Giants - Starter Set (Giant;Life/Air/Dead) + 2 Battle Packs (Dead/Life/Water/Fire) + 3 figures (Earth/Magic/Tech)
Swap Force - Starter Set (Rocket/Climb;Water/Fire/Life) + 2 Adventure Packs (Air/Tech) + 2 Battle Packs(Dead/Life/Life/Earth) + 6 Figures (Spin/Jump/Speed/Dig/Teleport/Hide;Tech/Magic)

Trap Team - Starter Set (Water) + 2 Adventure Packs () + 7 figures (Trap Masters)

It's quite possible for this game to be CHEAPER than Swap Force.

Actually, the adventure packs are around $25. So that'd be $50 for both which would actually cost more than the 7 traps listed above. So if you think of it the way you are with unlocking everything, the cost becomes slightly more expensive to swap out the traps for the adventure packs.
---
#17 Posted: 17:19:17 31/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Unreallystic

It's quite possible for this game to be CHEAPER than Swap Force. As it stands - yes traps are the new mechanic/gimmick - but they don't unlock any portion of the game, you can still play through the whole thing as S1 Spyro if you so choose. And, while it sucks that they didn't go the Giants route with regards to traptanium, there are now no longer any element gates *anyways*, and so far we don't have battle packs (that I know of).

Now putting a price to all this is a bit difficult - hence me using names, between sales and deals and locations (I didn't realize how many people from Australia were on these forums let alone Canada - both with different pricing than the US (and of course Europe), but the scope of purchases can be figured out and right now we are around the same level of swap Force. Now people will buy more traps, but they aren't needed. Buying all the traps is equivalent to buying all the new cores, its the ability to play as a character, but not content.
- Unreall

Yeah I see what you mean wit the adventure packs

But I am attempting to refer to the amount of money you need to invest into each game to have the most open experience for the story mode.

So no road blocks in the story mode (traptanium elemental gates, playing as defeated villians) = all in game content

You need 8 diff element trap masters, and at least 9 traps total to play as the villian ( villians are the new gimmick )
#18 Posted: 17:23:03 31/07/2014
Plus there are whatever the villain stashes are, heard about that before the other thread got deleted. However, unless those are elemental, then you can really just use the two traps you get to do... whatever with the stash.
---
#19 Posted: 17:25:34 31/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: defpally
Quote: OimakKamio

Pretty much.

My perspective is this: they seem to be actively trying to push the limits of the collector. You know, those that have to get everything. The people that now have like 6 Spyros and 3 Star Strikes, etc. As long as the collector feels that it is feasible to "collect em all", they will play right along. Once you reach the point where you see the amount of stuff that is going to be available (or you already have) is ridiculous, then you cut back on purchases. But, you don't simply go, ok I'm not going to buy a few of them - you start to cut out entire lines, like variants or reposes. The key for a collector is the feeling that they can reach a goal, but once they are convinced that isn't reasonable, then they stop buying every single figure and may only buy a few (or none).

While I am happy they have lots of options people will enjoy, I still have the feeling they are going to break many collectors of their desire to obtain them all (even more so than last year). And once people have been convinced that not having them all is ok, it is a small step to cutting way back.

I've resigned myself that collecting them all this time isn't feasible or even have a desire to. For many reasons, including my sons being more into Infinity lately. But also because I look at the crates of the ones I have and say "that's ample to enjoy Trap Team with (although obviously I'll get a few of those that I like). Not to mention the game's "innovation" is pretty darn underwhelming this year. And I also see the volume of them, 16 Trap Masters, 18 Reposes, 16 core, who knows how many Sidekicks, a bunch of Traps, Adventure Packs, etc. and say whoa, that's too much for me. I said "hmm, I can do without reposes". Then "hmm, corelanders aren't all essential either". Then I said "why do I need all the traps, I've already got 80 unique characters to play with already". In other words, my plans went from "get them all" last game to "probably get less than 10" for this one. That's a big drop, and I get the feeling from other collectors here and elsewhere I am not alone in this.

Trap Team is going to be loads less expensive than Swap Force for me. And they helped convince me.

Good point

Except it is not just "collectors"

Ever fan has invested enough into skylanders that they want to get the most out of them (they also enjoy the series gameplay), so they buy the next game

but then the next game has so many road blocks to get the most out of that you need to invest more.

I believe Giants got it right, more gameplay and no in-game roadblocks for returning fans!

Hopefully people will catch on to whats going on here as soon as swap zones and trap portals are gone from future skylander installments.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:26:54 31/07/2014 by Lock
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#20 Posted: 17:27:42 31/07/2014
Since they are a business, they are trying to find the limits of the consumers tolerance to needing to buy X number of gimmicklanders and any additional items. They obviously believed they missed out on profits for Giants and pushed the envelope further with Swap Force. Since people eagerly bought enough Swap Force characters to unlock all the areas, they decided to push it a little further this year by adding traps in addition to needing a minimum of 8 gimmicklanders. If everything sells well this iteration they'll push it further next time. Obviously they've already observed that people will buy a new portal everytime now and have not even tried to say that it'll work for the next game.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
#21 Posted: 18:38:16 31/07/2014
its insane money to pay just for one game.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#22 Posted: 18:48:34 31/07/2014
Quote: Lock
221.85 $ pre-tax USD

That is how much it will cost to unlock all IN GAME CONTENT for trap team.

1 Starter Pack 74.99

7 Additional traps 41.93

7 Additional Trap Masters 104.93

------------------------------------------

This does not include the cost of:

Any of the cool new core figures.

Any Adventure packs.

Eon's Elite.

Possible return of sidekicks.

At least there's still no news about lightcores! smilie I hate lightcores it's a total waste of money!
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
#23 Posted: 18:55:59 31/07/2014
Lightcores should have been Skylanders of their own right, not reposed Skylanders, not a second option. Just a damn Lightcore. They could've milked out another game just by making the Lightcores a unique team but they didn't.

Quote: Zylek
Since they are a business, they are trying to find the limits of the consumers tolerance to needing to buy X number of gimmicklanders and any additional items. They obviously believed they missed out on profits for Giants and pushed the envelope further with Swap Force. Since people eagerly bought enough Swap Force characters to unlock all the areas, they decided to push it a little further this year by adding traps in addition to needing a minimum of 8 gimmicklanders. If everything sells well this iteration they'll push it further next time. Obviously they've already observed that people will buy a new portal everytime now and have not even tried to say that it'll work for the next game.

They pushed it too far though by removing the accessibility of the Gates.
#24 Posted: 19:37:04 31/07/2014 | Topic Creator
its insane money to pay just for one game.

This smilie^

When you think about it they had two paths to go down.

1. the giants sequel path, every other game bring a small gimmick and some new characters, == no road blocks for returning players

2. the swap force/trap team sequels path, introduce new game play mechanics but tie them too new figures, == lots of roads blocks in game for all players( have to buy to get the most out of the game)
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#25 Posted: 19:40:22 31/07/2014
74.99 is about the price of a new game anyway.
#26 Posted: 19:45:53 31/07/2014
Quote: spyrocrash
74.99 is about the price of a new game anyway.

usually its 35-55... and you can access all the place in the game without it costing you 104.93 extra...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
OimakKamio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1643
#27 Posted: 20:43:33 31/07/2014
I think my point is, you guys know what you're getting into. You can't complain about it if you know exactly what it is. Activision isn't dumb. They give you enough to make you want more and they charge ya for it. Again don't buy it, a new PS4 game costs 60$.
---
Lioned33 PS4
LORD OIMAK XBOX
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#28 Posted: 21:28:35 31/07/2014
So we are not allowed to criticize a game and it's business model which is worse than ever for the consumer? It's Hobson's choice? "Deal with it!"? And do we really know exactly what we are getting into? I'm not sure, we though we know just 2 days ago, too. It's more like one bad surprise every few months. When Swap Force was announced, we knew that there are 8 different Swap Zones and 2 swapers were already in the Starter Pack, 2 different ones in the 3DS Pack. Now it's one per pack, they don't have a gimmick like swaping. THey don't even light up like the giants. We get less for our money every year, and the reason is more artifical than ever before.

It's like Toys for Bob made a game and Activision decided that they don't sell enough toys the way TfB made it.

Activision guy: "Ok guys, we want to sell these big, expensive figures, we never had skylanders that were more profitable. Put some crystals around the elemental gates and call them trap master elemental gates." And somewhere in Santa Monica Eric Hirschbergs jumps off his seat and yells "BRILLIANT! That's why we hired you!".
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#29 Posted: 21:33:01 31/07/2014
Remember one year ago when everyone was praising Swap Force for rewarding the new toys and dismissing Giants for being "just an expansion pack"?

I'm pretty sure some are the same people who are doing their best to criticize Trap Team. Things change fast when you feel like you can blackmail a game company with your interest in a franchise by expressing it on a fanmade forum.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#30 Posted: 21:47:20 31/07/2014
Quote: Bifrost
Remember one year ago when everyone was praising Swap Force for rewarding the new toys and dismissing Giants for being "just an expansion pack"?

I'm pretty sure some are the same people who are doing their best to criticize Trap Team. Things change fast when you feel like you can blackmail a game company with your interest in a franchise by expressing it on a fanmade forum.

i think its more like the game company is blackmailing their customers...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#31 Posted: 21:55:22 31/07/2014
There is no blackmailing of anyone. Its called capitalism. If you dont like the product, buy from another source. The company will in turn, correct the problem, lower the price, make some of means of compensation, or they will fail and lose business. Activision is trying to make as much money as possible, as a business this is how they work. There is a middle ground that needs to be found. Activision has crossed it this game. You speak with your wallet, they will correct the problem or continued lose of money will end the franchise. Simple as that. Consumers are allowed to voice their dissatisfaction with a product. Thats how a company knows what needs to be fixed or corrected to maintain its consumer base. Activision can listen, or they can choose to ignore it when the sales numbers come in.
jedihunter12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2401
#32 Posted: 21:59:00 31/07/2014
I dont think activisions total sales come from this forum so im pretty sure they will do just fine with their prices
#33 Posted: 22:17:30 31/07/2014
I don't think someone knows what blackmail is since none of us have threatened to expose scandalous pics of Activision/Toys For Bob employees/CEOs unless they adhere to our demands.

They're a company that puts out a product and we, as faithful consumers, have every right to criticize and not give our money.
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#34 Posted: 22:39:18 31/07/2014
And we can express out negative thoughts on our youtube channels, blogs, websites or simple facebook comments. Don't underestimate angry parents. If collector's can't make much difference, they can.
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#35 Posted: 22:45:07 31/07/2014
Quote: Lock

Yeah I see what you mean wit the adventure packs

But I am attempting to refer to the amount of money you need to invest into each game to have the most open experience for the story mode.

So no road blocks in the story mode (traptanium elemental gates, playing as defeated villians) = all in game content

You need 8 diff element trap masters, and at least 9 traps total to play as the villian ( villians are the new gimmick )

I think unreal has it right. The traps essentially are character play. If you're going to count them as 'required for completion' then you would also need to count every single figure, since they are character play. So you need the starter pack, 2 adventure packs, and 7 trap masters. That's $75+ (2*$25)+(7*$15) = $230...I'd say.

And btw, the Giants calculation assumes you already have a core from each element, the adventure packs and a portal. For a new player, the price is the same as Spyro's Adventure.

Edit: And, at least in my head, it's important to factor in the money that you're not spending. Bear with me. If you're buying this for your kid, chances are the kid is also in to action figures/dolls. Well, the figures cover both want/needs of the kids. If you were going to buy an $8 action figure for Billy, then really you can look at the DLC aspect as another $7. Not saying that fully justifies everything, but it's legit to say the figures are DLC only. On top of that, there is the collector aspect that you probably don't get with other games. There is a fun experience in that too, especially if you do it as a family.

Point is comparing the total cost of TT to that of other games isn't accurate, because you get non-game experiences out of skylanders. Not saying it fully justifies the cost either.

For me personally, I'll want more then the minimum, and as I've said before, the cost is going up, while the enjoyment is going down.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:58:24 31/07/2014 by melvimbe
#36 Posted: 23:22:56 31/07/2014
I don't really know guys. If Activision is bullying people for posting things from the leak according to you, surely going "DEAR ACTIVISION, I HATE YOU" "I'M GOING TO BUY DISNEY INFINITY 2.0 INSTEAD THEY'LL HAVE WHAT THEY DESERVE" at every change you guys disapprove of sure sounds like blackmail. It's threatening to ruin a game's sales over something you want, all right.
---
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#37 Posted: 23:38:20 31/07/2014
Let clearance sales become your friend
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#38 Posted: 23:52:14 31/07/2014
Quote:
They're a company that puts out a product and we, as faithful consumers, have every right to criticize and not give our money.

Agreed .

Its not my job to like something . Its their job to make me like it enough to waste my hard earned Seas of Gold in their favour .

Its nothing personal, its not blackmail . Its just business .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:54:03 31/07/2014 by Dark fhoenix
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#39 Posted: 23:59:17 31/07/2014
Price wise are the eon elite supposed to replace the light cores? there have always been 16 lc and the eon elite only have 8 and a tentative place holder for double the price of core in Aussie.
#40 Posted: 00:31:55 01/08/2014
I don't really know guys. If Activision is bullying people for posting things from the leak according to you, surely going "DEAR ACTIVISION, I HATE YOU" "I'M GOING TO BUY DISNEY INFINITY 2.0 INSTEAD THEY'LL HAVE WHAT THEY DESERVE" at every change you guys disapprove of sure sounds like blackmail. It's threatening to ruin a game's sales over something you want, all right.

I would suggest you reread what exactly blackmail is. Telling a company a product sucks and saying you are going over to the competition is not anything close to blackmail. You arent ruining their sales by voicing your discontent.

Blackmail would be going to the CEO of Activision and saying he was going to expose pictures of his affair with the secretary unless there were changes made to the game that you wanted. Making threats to physically arson the warehouse that was housing all the first day release starters if things didnt change would be blackmail.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:33:16 01/08/2014 by GothamLord
#41 Posted: 00:47:12 01/08/2014
Yeah, because annoying youtubers with warnings over a leak that wasn't supposed to exist is totally the same thing as harassing someone repeatedly and calling them names just because the victim responds to it. We can both go the hyperbole way.

But it's not going to make the sales go up or down. Just saying what everyone ignored from the initial post - everyone complained Giants was an expansion pack because you only needed one Giant. One is better than 8 now that it's required, apparently.
---
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#42 Posted: 00:57:12 01/08/2014

But it's not going to make the sales go up or down. Just saying what everyone ignored from the initial post - everyone complained Giants was an expansion pack because you only needed one Giant. One is better than 8 now that it's required, apparently.

i think the issue has more to do with the elemental gates not opening to cores or old characters anymore. some, but not all, some, people would be okay with the requirement of 8 new trap masters for their new gates if there was still a purpose for the cores and old figures.
there is also the "need" for a trap of each element, so there is almost 2 new gimmick requirements.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#43 Posted: 00:57:39 01/08/2014
You aren't helping yourself out by sticking with your blackmail claim. In regards to your point, yes sounds hypocritical...but people are allowed to do a 180 over a couple of years. Activision isn't going to make everyone happy. They hope to be as profitable as possible, we'll see,
#44 Posted: 01:13:53 01/08/2014
Quote: min8or

i think the issue has more to do with the elemental gates not opening to cores or old characters anymore. some, but not all, some, people would be okay with the requirement of 8 new trap masters for their new gates if there was still a purpose for the cores and old figures.
there is also the "need" for a trap of each element, so there is almost 2 new gimmick requirements.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner !

I was fine with Swappers getting their own zones. It worked out fine. Even the twin elemental gates was fine because I could "cheat" by adding a second player on my core to have both there to activate it. Then I dropped the second player after it was unlocked. My core character still served a purpose. Now they cant even do that. I would have been fine if the Trap Masters had their own special area that needed to break them open by smashing Traptanium. I would have even been okay with the Traptanium being elementally aligned. Activison basically again forcing me to buy eights figures. Now, not only any I forced to buy eight figures, I'm told the others cant do jacksquat.
#45 Posted: 01:19:04 01/08/2014
Yeah, because annoying youtubers with warnings over a leak that wasn't supposed to exist is totally the same thing as harassing someone repeatedly and calling them names just because the victim responds to it. We can both go the hyperbole way.

What are you even going on about? No one has defended the Youtubers or leakers of anything. They're also not blackmailing anything, one side just leaks information and the other side responded as any company would with a cease & desist warning. Blackmail is not applicable anywhere.

And do you fail to understand people feel Giants was an expansion because it was poor: the plot was basically the same and, more importantly, the engine was exactly the same. There was barely anything added to gameplay. It was not because you only needed one Giant, who the hell complained about that?

Quote: GothamLord
Even the twin elemental gates was fine because I could "cheat" by adding a second player on my core to have both there to activate it.

It's not even a cheat since they actually say you can do that in-game... The dual elemental gates were not just about the Swap Force you know... VV was aware of the two-player aspect.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:20:29 01/08/2014 by Hexin_Wishes
#46 Posted: 04:10:25 01/08/2014
Quote: defpally

Yep. I started being a collector. Did it pretty well on the first two. Cut back 50% in Swap Force, and now I'll be lucky to get 20% of the figures this time, much less duplicates. Thanks Activision! (and I am being sincere).
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#47 Posted: 04:19:44 01/08/2014
That's your own fault though. Since SA, I was never getting every figure (I mean who the hell actually wanted Boomer?) and it has remained the same with each iteration that I only seeked out those i wanted.
#48 Posted: 04:22:26 01/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: GothamLord
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner !

I was fine with Swappers getting their own zones. It worked out fine. Even the twin elemental gates was fine because I could "cheat" by adding a second player on my core to have both there to activate it. Then I dropped the second player after it was unlocked. My core character still served a purpose. Now they cant even do that. I would have been fine if the Trap Masters had their own special area that needed to break them open by smashing Traptanium. I would have even been okay with the Traptanium being elementally aligned. Activison basically again forcing me to buy eights figures. Now, not only any I forced to buy eight figures, I'm told the others cant do jacksquat.

This x 100000000

People do not understand prices are going up and each game in the franchise is now ignoring returning players.

Giants served no purpose in swap force.

SO FAR no swap zones have been announced for trap team.

Do you really think trap masters will be handled any different in the next game? or forgotten like every gimmick introduced yet.

DEAL WIT HIT , DONT BUY IT LOLZ , YOU KNOW WHAT YOU GOTTEN INTO TTEE HEE HEE

Any answer like these ^ ^ ^ are from the true fanboys ignoring the faults in the sequels.
#49 Posted: 04:25:06 01/08/2014
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
That's your own fault though. Since SA, I was never getting every figure (I mean who the hell actually wanted Boomer?) and it has remained the same with each iteration that I only seeked out those i wanted.

Was I asking for your approval of how I purchased? Was I lamenting? I was simply talking about my journey and confirming defpally's comment that they prevent those that want to collect from doing it because there's a breaking point financially for most.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:26:05 01/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
#50 Posted: 04:43:24 01/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I am new to the forums but have been lurking for a bit,

is their any way to put someone on "ignore" some of these post are def reps or those too* interested in a new game an will not acknowledge any possible flaws.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:44:53 01/08/2014 by Lock
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me