Page 1 of 1
My Honest Opinion
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#1 Posted: 11:56:45 31/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Trap Team won't sell terribly. I know *gasp* right? The lack of info means almost nothing, nothing in the long run, because when you think about it, we are the minority. There's no more than 1000 Skylanders Fans here, that's defiantly a minority. 5,6,7,8,9, and even 10 year olds make up the majority of the fan base and let's face it, no matter how much we are affected by Activision withholding info that doesn't affect little kids that arn't hardcore collectors. They see the first Trap Team commercial, sold. They pester their parents until they either get it for them then or at Christmas. I'll bet most Starter Pack sales are at Christmas, never mind launch... My point is most kids wont even know about Trap Team until there is major advertising in stores about it, and by the time that happens we will probably know lots more stuff so if parents go and google it, then they will find out what we know simple as that. Anyways there's enough info for you guys to decide if you want to buy or not, so if you not buying then leave and take your complaining with you. If your buying stay and chat a while. I just want to know why you guys think that not knowing the functionality of Sidekicks affects your decision so much.

That's all.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#2 Posted: 12:06:23 31/07/2014
i dont think the kids get tired of it. but its more the parents that pay for it, and the older skylanders fans with the money to buy everything, that get tired of it.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#3 Posted: 13:15:41 31/07/2014
Well i want to try out some Disney Infinity before i even think of buying trap team . When i buy trap team i will wait for the starter pack to go on discount .

I am still playing Swopforce and dont even have all the swop zones unlocked yet .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#4 Posted: 13:47:59 31/07/2014
I think the Starter sells as well as Swap Force, but I don't think figures will maintain as healthy as a margin. The only way this doesn't take is that their premise of "out with the old players, in with the new" with their target market takes hold. I just have a feeling they'll be more people leaving as opposed to joining. Starter pack is a no brainer even to those that won't do much with the game (it's new content for your skylanders), just not sure everyone is doing backflips as much on the figures.

Oh and Infinity is serious competition this go round. Round One was just a test.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:50:16 31/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#5 Posted: 14:22:36 31/07/2014
Yeah, even I agree about Infinity. The inclusion of GotG has me buying in, although I won't be getting many figures at all (vs Skylanders where I buy most of them). I imagine there are Iron Man fans, Hulk fans, etc. who feel similarly about their respective adored franchises.

As for sales of the figures, hmm...I'm pulled in a couple different directions. Collectors may skimp a bit and "real gamers" may pass on core characters for being "unnecessary" but younger kids won't care. If an 8 year old boy thinks Fist Bump looks cool, that will be all that matters.

The crisis right now really is answers and info. It won't make a huge difference in the end; if the game releases and is good, word of mouth will make up for much of the lost hype train time.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#6 Posted: 14:28:59 31/07/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
I think the Starter sells as well as Swap Force, but I don't think figures will maintain as healthy as a margin. The only way this doesn't take is that their premise of "out with the old players, in with the new" with their target market takes hold. I just have a feeling they'll be more people leaving as opposed to joining. Starter pack is a no brainer even to those that won't do much with the game (it's new content for your skylanders), just not sure everyone is doing backflips as much on the figures.

Oh and Infinity is serious competition this go round. Round One was just a test.

I agree with this estimation...
I know people who play it a little or who have kids who do, but I don't know anyone asking about it like they are getting into it, just people not interested. That's not a good look.

I would love to play both, but my wife already laid down the law due to her not working and us expecting another kid now - we can only get one at launch. Neither is going to be 'impossible' to buy after launch, and so far - only Disney's pre-orders amount to being worth pre-ordering, factor in my son's current Marvel fascination and I have a feeling it will be DI first. Trap Team will just be the Xmas thing...though I might grab a Kaos or two - just in case it 'does' turn out to be rare at first (though I doubt it).
- Unreall
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#7 Posted: 21:56:47 31/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Thanks guys! I think I finally found a bit of optimism on the forums!
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me