darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Leaked Adventure Pack Magic Items, What Do You Think They Will Do
Page 1 of 1
Leaked Adventure Pack Magic Items, What Do You Think They Will Do
gillgrunt32 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3283
#1 Posted: 11:41:45 31/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I think the Piggy Bank will allow us to store our skylander money and give it to other skylanders
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#2 Posted: 14:01:06 31/07/2014
Quote: gillgrunt32
I think the Piggy Bank will allow us to store our skylander money and give it to other skylanders

Not very useful as every game so far as a trick to get money. All of my slyanders have the max money anyway. I don't need to grab one more coin or treasure for any game moving forward and I'll be able to afford anything they throw at me.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:01:17 31/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#3 Posted: 14:16:18 31/07/2014
I still would like gillgrunt32's idea to be correct. Think of it a different way: we know the piggy bank piece exists and what better use could it have?
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#4 Posted: 14:42:19 31/07/2014
I wouldn't be surprised if the Piggy Bank just acts as a multiplier for a limited time. Perhaps you earn double the money or so whilst it's active.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#5 Posted: 16:48:48 31/07/2014
Quote: RadSpyro
I wouldn't be surprised if the Piggy Bank just acts as a multiplier for a limited time. Perhaps you earn double the money or so whilst it's active.

Agreed. Magic items only have a temporary one time use. The idea of storing and sharing money between Skylanders with something you can only use one time before reloading the HUB could be something of a pain.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#6 Posted: 17:01:34 31/07/2014

That's what Sky Diamond does already though!

The Piggy Bank idea of transferring money would be boss since I have Skylanders with too much money and Skylanders with too little money and I need them to balance out.
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#7 Posted: 17:08:56 31/07/2014
Quote: Eggers

Agreed. Magic items only have a temporary one time use. The idea of storing and sharing money between Skylanders with something you can only use one time before reloading the HUB could be something of a pain.

The treasure chest is a good counter example. It's not timed, and though it can only be used once before reloading in SG and SSF, it's possible to use it several times in SSA. The piggy bank could be another multi-use and/or non-timed item.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#8 Posted: 17:21:23 31/07/2014
Quote: Nightmoon
Quote: Eggers

The treasure chest is a good counter example. It's not timed, and though it can only be used once before reloading in SG and SSF, it's possible to use it several times in SSA. The piggy bank could be another multi-use and/or non-timed item.

The point you make elaborates my point. That's true, the treasure wasn't timed but, like I said, the use of that item is temporary. I wasn't thinking of it being on a 30 second timer like most items, but thinking of its one and done use much like the treasure chest. You load it in the HUB and use it. Once used it is done until the next time the HUB or a level is loaded. So unless they make this magic item the exception to the normal rule, allowing it to be used as often as a person wants, then having it as a bank would be rather bothersome. You'd have to keep reloading the HUB just to use the stored money to upgrade multiple Skylanders. However, it's possible to make it an exception considering the sidekicks were glorified magic items you could put on and off as much as you wanted.

Now here's another thought: the information for the bank would have to be kept on the toy itself. If not, then that means that money is stored only on the save file and can't be used in any future games or shared with a friend. Of course, then there is nothing to stop a pal of yours from grabbing your bank and "stealing" your money out of it. What a jerk someone would be to steal your invisible Skylander money!! smilie
---
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#9 Posted: 17:30:17 31/07/2014
I wish that the game was hard enough to warrant even needing to use any of the magic items. I only one I ever use was the diamond from last game and sometimes the rare time of using the potion to restore health.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
#10 Posted: 17:36:46 31/07/2014
Quote: Zylek
I wish that the game was hard enough to warrant even needing to use any of the magic items. I only one I ever use was the diamond from last game and sometimes the rare time of using the potion to restore health.

The anvil rain, pirate swords and Sparx really helped in Giants with some of the heroics that were harder for Giants or fully upgraded Skylanders to do, specifically the heroic where you couldn't hit any painting or vases.
---
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#11 Posted: 17:43:20 31/07/2014
True, I did use them there also, but I cannot remember using any of them in SSF.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#12 Posted: 18:37:18 31/07/2014
3 games in and everyone have wanted a bank from day one, its a bit late to come with a bank now... it should have been done with ssa.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
alegeobla Gold Sparx Gems: 2501
#13 Posted: 19:27:55 31/07/2014
if its a bank, they could always have it so that when you place it on the portal you can transfer money from one character on the portal to another on the portal? that way there is no storage of money anywhere and could just be removed after you transfer it
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
Currently Working on: Sure Shot smilie
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#14 Posted: 21:24:54 31/07/2014
Rocket Ram - charges up and rams enemies
Tiki Speaky - dk
Piggy Bank - stores Skylanders' money
Hand of Fate - dk
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#15 Posted: 21:50:07 31/07/2014
Since Adventure Packs have always had an attack/enemy effect item and a special (player effect or money), I think it's safe to say that the Hand of Fate is in the attack category. Possibly summons skeletal hands from the ground that grab and/or attack enemies.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#16 Posted: 22:10:17 31/07/2014
Yeah, judging by what it looks like I assume the hand grabs enemys. So instead of an aerial attack it's a beneath the ground attack.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#17 Posted: 01:16:14 01/08/2014
The tiki speaky may call enemies over and act as a distraction like stealth elf's scarecrows
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#18 Posted: 19:51:41 01/08/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
3 games in and everyone have wanted a bank from day one, its a bit late to come with a bank now... it should have been done with ssa.

Better late than never. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me