First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
The Lack of Info Stings Hard
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#51 Posted: 12:51:49 30/07/2014
I want more info too. I hope the game doesn't disappoint.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#52 Posted: 13:16:30 30/07/2014
^ I think enough has been presented for you to assess if the game "might" disappoint. For some, you just have to take a leap of faith. Sometimes even the best presented game doesn't sit right with you, and no amount of information is going to change that. I can tell you that Swapping figures felt VERY cool, and played out as such. Don't have those giddity giggles over this year's gimmick. Sorry TfB. In fact buying a generic piece of plastic coupled with what sounds like a transistor radio coming out of the portal is leaving me discouraged.

Just for some perspective, since my retro moment last night..."back in my days", nothing about the game was or could be disseminated. You were lucky if you got a writeup and a screenshot before it came out---in many cases word of mouth from your friends is how you made a purchase.

Compared to that of course, and they've communicated a lot of information. Some people want to know everything (not going to happen), some want to know all figures, some like me want to know about any and all gameplay to determine how "fresh it is"...but to say we haven't had information is disingenuous to all involved.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 13:21:14 30/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#53 Posted: 13:39:51 30/07/2014
I mean at this point we have enough to determine if we want to purchase. You are spot on about that

Me? I just need clarification to help me understand if 1) I should prioritize this over the competition (it was a lock, now I'm starting to look the other way for my pre-Xmas dollars) and 2) how much money should I budget.

Skylanders are like Eminem and Jay-Z to me. They get a 'one bad album' shot, out of respect for their previous work, so I'm getting this game pretty much no matter what, the questions remaining are when and how much. How much is predicated on how much time I'll spend playing the game/content as well as future plans for the traps, while the when has to do with level of excitement. What wil laffect my hype meter at this point?

Who's in Wave 1, Vids of them, implementation of sidekicks, seeing some more cool combos (like the ice troll into a damaging attack), etc. Hero/Villain interaction reminds me of swap force - so I'd like to see more of that in action as opposed to 3 minutes of one of hte mages or something.
- Unreall
#54 Posted: 13:48:42 30/07/2014
Yep, loyalty is deserved until they prove otherwise. Some loyalty being displaced can be rationalized due to who and what's going on. It's the reason why I'm getting Arkham Knight after Arkham Origins. Many of these missteps is contributing for me as to if the game literally is what we know now then this will absolutely be my last game, until they actually address one of the many things on the list I want.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:50:12 30/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
Punk Bomb Green Sparx Gems: 230
#55 Posted: 14:44:25 30/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Here's a short but powerful list of what TFB, VV, and Activision have accomplished to upset me:

- 30 second villain timer (a good way to drive me away from traps)
- Crystal Elemental Gates (and the reason to get cores is "good design"? See Hot Do-I mean Funny Bone)
- Less bang for your buck (the dark package is a rip-off and I want a third character over two traps)
- Raising the prices for no reason (using oversized cores to justify high-price points)
- Adventure Pack characters losing exclusivity (why? It made them special)
- More Gill Grunt, Jet-Vac, and Pop Fizz (more when they are all revealed, why not just up to Series 2?)
- Lack of value in characters (removing heroics)
- Characters losing originality (attacks-wise, the game is already dead. Characters are just collages of other character's moves at this point)
- Ignoring fan demands (the kids they target make up the majority of their profits, while there is more they don't go all-out)
- No Online (enough said)
- Scrapping previous arenas (the only excuse for this is "jumping", which doesn't make sense)
- Focusing on the sizzle more than the steak (Swap Force was shiny but ended up a stinker)
- Boring Swap Force
- Money-Grubbing with Eon's Elite (roughly $20 for a core)
---
Give me money!
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#56 Posted: 14:49:22 30/07/2014
They've released detailed info about half the characters now, right? With a few more lesser-information characters due to leaks and internet sleuthing. I'd say that's fair with a couple months to go. This is way better than waiting 4-6 months for a character to even be released while in-game ads tease you while you are playing the game over that time (Hello Soul Gems).
---
Here we go again...!
Punk Bomb Green Sparx Gems: 230
#57 Posted: 14:51:08 30/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Skylanders Dad
They've released detailed info about half the characters now, right? With a few more lesser-information characters due to leaks and internet sleuthing. I'd say that's fair with a couple months to go. This is way better than waiting 4-6 months for a character to even be released while in-game ads tease you while you are playing the game over that time (Hello Soul Gems).

It's still worse than the competition.
---
Give me money!
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#58 Posted: 15:28:14 30/07/2014
I don't think Swap Force was boring, personally, and I didn't even use the swap gimmick in the game.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#59 Posted: 15:49:37 30/07/2014
Quote: Punk Bomb

Agreed. It may be to a fault for Disney, they have so many opportunities (though I can't grasp how people like Gravity Falls ugh) and they let you know 'this is what's coming' and while the patch, they don't add in more 'content'. The Avengers hype train for AoU is starting up, but they won't have an Ultron figure (which could look so cool - especially a chrome metal variant), let alone a playset for it, and doing yearly releases, most likely the next one will focus on Star Wars anyway.

But yeah, I'm not sure what we 'don't' know short of Wave 2/3 content (which is the stuff they should hold back).

Then again, the more I look at it - we DO know pretty much everything but one or two things for the next SL. some of us just may not like what we see and are 'hoping' for more...
- Unreall
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#60 Posted: 17:46:19 30/07/2014
Quote: AzureStarline
I don't think Swap Force was boring, personally, and I didn't even use the swap gimmick in the game.

Swap Force was the sequel that Giants should have been. It felt like it's own adventure and was fleshed out. Giants could have literally been the second half of Spyro's Adventure.

Anyways, they can't disappoint me anymore than they have with Giants and Swap Force so I'm just going to enjoy playing this game with the characters I have and a few newbies.

Quote: GhostRoaster
Yep, loyalty is deserved until they prove otherwise. Some loyalty being displaced can be rationalized due to who and what's going on. It's the reason why I'm getting Arkham Knight after Arkham Origins. Many of these missteps is contributing for me as to if the game literally is what we know now then this will absolutely be my last game, until they actually address one of the many things on the list I want.

But Arkham Origins wasn't even by the same studio that did Asylum and City. It's the main reason I stayed away from it.
OimakKamio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1643
#61 Posted: 18:31:48 30/07/2014
and somewhere someone from activision....still doesnt care lol.
---
Lioned33 PS4
LORD OIMAK XBOX
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#62 Posted: 18:41:51 30/07/2014
Quote: Unreallystic

Agreed. It may be to a fault for Disney, they have so many opportunities (though I can't grasp how people like Gravity Falls ugh) and they let you know 'this is what's coming' and while the patch, they don't add in more 'content'. The Avengers hype train for AoU is starting up, but they won't have an Ultron figure (which could look so cool - especially a chrome metal variant), let alone a playset for it, and doing yearly releases, most likely the next one will focus on Star Wars anyway.

But yeah, I'm not sure what we 'don't' know short of Wave 2/3 content (which is the stuff they should hold back).

Then again, the more I look at it - we DO know pretty much everything but one or two things for the next SL. some of us just may not like what we see and are 'hoping' for more...
- Unreall

Incorrect, they have already confirmed that more Marvel characters are coming in waves 2+ beyond the 3 villains they just announced. AoU characters are highly likely given the way Disney operates ie GotG in wave 1.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#63 Posted: 19:25:10 30/07/2014
Quote: Zylek

- Unreall

Incorrect, they have already confirmed that more Marvel characters are coming in waves 2+ beyond the 3 villains they just announced. AoU characters are highly likely given the way Disney operates ie GotG in wave 1.

REKT

but it seems like everyone here is in denial. i made a video on this, and i got tons of hate. but really, THIS WILL BE MY LAST GAME.
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#64 Posted: 19:25:43 30/07/2014
Does anyone know who will be in wave 2 and beyond besides gearshift?
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
#65 Posted: 22:48:15 30/07/2014
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
But Arkham Origins wasn't even by the same studio that did Asylum and City. It's the main reason I stayed away from it.

I know that...my statement (supposedly) accounted for that in the description to remain loyal.
---
#66 Posted: 22:52:39 30/07/2014
Quote: ExcitonKnight

the point of this topic- we have no info.
#67 Posted: 23:05:33 30/07/2014

I know that...my statement (supposedly) accounted for that in the description to remain loyal.

I just don't figure one's reception to Origins should affect one's excitement for Knight since they're by two different companies.
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#68 Posted: 23:22:14 30/07/2014
Sliding off topic slighty due to Batman games conversation.... I didnt enjoy City, and Origins was a train wreck of a plot in my opinion. Personally I feel Knight is going to be a lot of buildup and leave me disappointed again. Origins showed DC/WB is afraid to have a Batman game on the market that isnt Joker-centric. Despite what is alleged to have happened at the end of Arkham City, I suspect the Joker is still going to show a major plot affecting presence in the game even if they still want to claim he's dead. (which I'm still not one to believe 100% given its Comics)
#69 Posted: 23:44:14 30/07/2014
Asylum was amazing. City was a blatant attempt to recreate Asylum (with a baffling story about a mega prison though) and I expect Knight to be in the same vein. I will, again, be waiting for the GOTY edition before I bother.
#70 Posted: 02:08:22 31/07/2014

I just don't figure one's reception to Origins should affect one's excitement for Knight since they're by two different companies.

OK. So as long as you liked the first Skylanders, and they get different companies keep coming in, and screwing it up, you're still ready to lap up the crap? OK, but not me. It DOES impact the level of loyalty to the franchise. Trust me, if TfB put out a 16bit Skylanders game, with sounds that came out of an Atari 2600, you'd think twice about getting the next game...REGARDLESS of the developer.
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 02:12:01 31/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
#71 Posted: 03:02:26 31/07/2014

OK. So as long as you liked the first Skylanders, and they get different companies keep coming in, and screwing it up, you're still ready to lap up the crap? OK, but not me. It DOES impact the level of loyalty to the franchise. Trust me, if TfB put out a 16bit Skylanders game, with sounds that came out of an Atari 2600, you'd think twice about getting the next game...REGARDLESS of the developer.

Aren't you still buying Trap Team? I mean, why else would you be here then? Granted that's Toys For Bob ruing their own series...

But no, that's not what I meant at all. What I meant is that Origins was obviously going to be crap so if you bought it thinking it was going to be on parr with Asylum and City then you should have had your head examined first. And didn't you agree that one mishandled game is not going to detract from loyalty?

And did you also forget that I said I didn't get Origins? It looked absolutely terrible from the first trailer and was confirmed by it not being by Rocksteady.

P.S. I would get a 16bit Skylanders game. That'd be so boss and I would not think twice unless the next game had like PS1 graphics.
#72 Posted: 05:07:44 31/07/2014
I forgot who said what on the game. I was using an analogy here, but you're nitpicking on my example. I'm sure if I wasn't lazy I could actually give you an example that works.

I am loyal to Rocksteady...I wouldn't stick it to them b/c of WB Montreal. But my general premise is correct all things remaining equal. If a franchise consistently produces garbage, expect it to fail.

Btw, Arkham Knight demo sent chills down my spine. It looks truly worthy of a next gen only release.

I do plan on getting Trap Team. At least the Starter Anyway. But I might go from spending $1k+ per release to spending $100 this go round. That's a 90% reduction based on what I'm seeing. I'm looking for a reason to give them my money. They haven't done that to my satisfaction yet.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:12:56 31/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#73 Posted: 11:10:06 31/07/2014
the lack of information have been horrendous this time around, its gonna hurt them in the end for sure.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
YerMomsFaceHere Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#74 Posted: 12:25:09 31/07/2014
Thats ok....My kid will make up for Punk Bomb's bailout....at least three-fold.....lol. He doesn't have any intentions of jumping ship whatsoever.
---
Sugar momma's , look no further!
#75 Posted: 12:37:11 31/07/2014
Quote: ZapNorris

Irrelevent, but I love your picture...
- Unreall
#76 Posted: 13:59:20 31/07/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
the lack of information have been horrendous this time around, its gonna hurt them in the end for sure.

I bet the cost of the figures will hurt US in the end more than them. smilie
---
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#77 Posted: 14:19:16 31/07/2014

lmao it took 3 readings of that sentence to realize it's not the figures hurting the United States

...need more coffee...
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#78 Posted: 14:23:44 31/07/2014

lmao it took 3 readings of that sentence to realize it's not the figures hurting the United States

...need more coffee...

You're not the only one..... yawn
#79 Posted: 16:37:27 31/07/2014
Quote: shadowfox

...need more coffee...

You're not the only one..... yawn

sorry about that...yeah.
---
#80 Posted: 18:48:54 31/07/2014

disney have done it better and activision could too. but it looks like its more done on intention than anything else. force your fanbase to sit on the fence and not being honest about it. this is not good, its gonna hurt them in the end.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#81 Posted: 18:51:36 31/07/2014

Irrelevent, but I love your picture...
- Unreall

you mean the sharknado?

http://www.entertainmentearth....p?number=FU4285

it's your greatest foe foe foe!
#82 Posted: 03:04:24 01/08/2014

My point exactly
---
#83 Posted: 04:02:24 01/08/2014

My point exactly

Wrong. We have plenty of information. You just don't have ALL of the info.
---
#84 Posted: 04:20:47 01/08/2014
When did we ever get info of what figure comes in what wave before the Wave comes out anyways?
#85 Posted: 04:24:00 01/08/2014
When did we ever get info of what figure comes in what wave before the Wave comes out anyways?

I was talking about game information, not shipping schedule. We'll get that < 30 days before ship.
---
#86 Posted: 04:31:05 01/08/2014

True.
---
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#87 Posted: 05:23:44 01/08/2014
*shrugs*
i am obviously in a rather small minority, but i have seen enough info to decide that i am going to enjoy the game as much as i have enjoyed the last three. the gameplay thats been shown clearly shows how the game will be, it'll play pretty much exactly the same as the last 3, and all the extra info is just that, extra info. online stuff is kinda irrelevant for me, as i can't connect my console to the internet, i've seen enough characters to know they are similar in design to the past games, so no worries there. the only info that is really "needed" is a concrete idea of how the trapping mechanism and villain vault works, and thats no where near a "game breaker" for me.

i'm not going to be punishing myself by not getting a game that i would like to get, or getting characters that i like but now serve no "purpose", because the company that makes the game isn't building up the hype like they "should" be.

i'm not sure if thats because i'm getting Skylanders AND Infinity this year, so the "switching" issue isn't really a factor, or i just have a lower or simpler standard of what i like to play.
i don't think Infinity has really shown much more info, its about the same amount of character reveals, and about the same amount of gameplay, and my excitement for both new games is about the same(which is pretty high).
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
#88 Posted: 05:49:18 01/08/2014

I was talking about game information, not shipping schedule. We'll get that < 30 days before ship.

Now now, I wasn't talking to you...
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#89 Posted: 07:32:42 01/08/2014
Honestly I think the game will great (Especially is Wrecking Ball isn't nerfed). I hope that game focuses on gameplay and improves Battle Mode for tier list purposes. This time around I like get Skylanders much slower but that gives me more time to max them out.
---
#90 Posted: 07:52:29 01/08/2014
Quote: wreckingballbob
Honestly I think the game will great (Especially is Wrecking Ball isn't nerfed). I hope that game focuses on gameplay and improves Battle Mode for tier list purposes. This time around I like get Skylanders much slower but that gives me more time to max them out.

with no element gates for regular core and all focus is on the trappers. activision is moving away from the older characters by the look of it. i think the older characters will be nerfed more than ever now. its a big possibility they even will be totally dropped in the fifth skylanders game. activision have been giving more and more signs they want to move away from the old. i dont want this to happen, but we are all just forced to watch this ongoing train wreck sadly.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:53:19 01/08/2014 by CountMoneyBone
#91 Posted: 09:29:13 01/08/2014

with no element gates for regular core and all focus is on the trappers. activision is moving away from the older characters by the look of it. i think the older characters will be nerfed more than ever now. its a big possibility they even will be totally dropped in the fifth skylanders game. activision have been giving more and more signs they want to move away from the old. i dont want this to happen, but we are all just forced to watch this ongoing train wreck sadly.

I don't care if cores have gates or not because that never meant anything to me. I don't think that will happen if they did I'd be gone from the series and many others would. Skylanders will get nerfed but gameplay will still be good.
---
#92 Posted: 08:54:34 02/08/2014

I don't care if cores have gates or not because that never meant anything to me. I don't think that will happen if they did I'd be gone from the series and many others would. Skylanders will get nerfed but gameplay will still be good.

it will be less game play and no point in using the cores..
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#93 Posted: 09:03:14 02/08/2014

it will be less game play and no point in using the cores..

It can't be less gameplay because how much gameplay there is depends on how much you play. There was not point buying cores since Skylanders Giants but I still did so because I want to play every different Skylander because I'm about the gameplay and not what they can and can't do.
---
preciousawaken Yellow Sparx Gems: 1774
#94 Posted: 02:20:45 04/08/2014
I am not upset about the lack of information but very very surprised that we do not know the contents of the 3DS starter pack.
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#95 Posted: 06:57:34 04/08/2014
Quote: preciousawaken
I am not upset about the lack of information but very very surprised that we do not know the contents of the 3DS starter pack.

It's in the everything we know topic. Unless you mean gameplay, but that's barely ever shown, the console version is the one in the spotlight.

Quote:
Releases

Game:
  • Starter Pack (Consoles) - Snap Shot, Food Fight, Water Tiki, Life Hammer, Traptanium Portal and Extras ****
  • Starter Pack (Handheld) - Gusto, Barkley, Portal of Power and Extras ****
  • Dark Edition (Consoles) - Dark Snap Shot, Dark Food Fight, Dark Wildfire, Water Tiki, Life Hammer, Ultimate Kaos Trap and Extras ****

-snip-

****Extras include a Poster, Web Codes, Trading Cards, Stickers and Trap Collectors Box

Though the "extras" in the 3DS version may deviate from those listed (for instance, I doubt the trap tray is included in the 3DS version), since those are only confirmed for the console versions. And the portal of power looks like the SSA/SG portal, rather than traptanium or SSF portal.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#96 Posted: 08:44:04 04/08/2014
Have they even released the box art for he 3ds version?
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Technos Green Sparx Gems: 159
#97 Posted: 21:48:48 04/08/2014
I believe all this waiting for new characters is going to pay off this month. I've been reading the dates of the "Everything we know" topics for SG and SSF. We could see confirmation for all the characters later in the month. Or by the looks of things, in early September. Still, the patience is killing me.
---
Favorite skylanders of each element:
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#98 Posted: 21:55:42 04/08/2014
Character reveals have never been the issue. At least for me. The character designs are always fun and interesting. Its the lack of key in-game mechanics being danced around or not fully answered thats been whats needed.
Technos Green Sparx Gems: 159
#99 Posted: 22:31:42 04/08/2014
Eh. Well I was relying most about the characters. Didn't focus much on other things.
---
Favorite skylanders of each element:
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#100 Posted: 23:25:53 04/08/2014
Quote: GothamLord
Character reveals have never been the issue. At least for me. The character designs are always fun and interesting. Its the lack of key in-game mechanics being danced around or not fully answered thats been whats needed.

True. Even those characters that didn't had me with their look, at first, convinced me with their gameplay. smilie
They should really talk more about the trapping mechanic itself, the traps forward compatibility, the new perks for all the characters and maybe the other two misterious gimmicks they hint at some time ago...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me