Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
The Lack of Info Stings Hard
Punk Bomb Green Sparx Gems: 230
#1 Posted: 01:30:11 29/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I love Skylanders, I always have.

Today, that changed. I thought about it. Activision blew a perfect opportunity for a big reveal at Comic Con. We haven't learning much about gameplay, the little they've shown us is mostly character information. We are missing 6 Trap Masters, 5 Cores, 3-11 Reposes, and LightCore information. Not to mention 30+ unannounced villains. Last year at this time we had every character listed and Wave 1 fully figured out.

I cannot help but to compare this to Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes. They have shown a lot of gameplay and most of their characters already. They've played their hand. It's driven many people over the edge. Activision has been so finicky about information and Disney's letting us know it all. I respect that, I want to make an informed decision about my purchase.

I didn't own the first Infinity, but I did the first Skylanders. There's something about being an early adopter. Some sort of seniority. There's also something about becoming one of the new players, ready with an already-built base of characters and content. My main question is:

What does Trap Team have to offer?

We don't know, we're not allowed to know. Our youtube accounts get strikes, our photos taken down. Then they have the audacity to tease a character "Oh, you weren't supposed to see that". Then pray why did the camera FOCUS and ZOOM IN on it? And why did you leave it in the video? That's a poor form of teasing and throws salt in the wounds of many.

Now, I know what Infinity 2.0 has to offer. Disney gladly sells their game. We know what it's all about, why we should buy it, etc. And you know what? I know that I'll get a good experience here. They've shown me that. There is an (parden the pun) infinite amount of this to do in ToyBox and a host of lovable characters to enjoy if you wish.

I'm sorry, Activision. You brought this on yourselves. I tried to get excited. I thought and wrote about every tidbit of information leaked or revealed, sucking it free of it's hype. I wanted to get Trap Team. But how do I know it'll have something to offer if you never show it. Sorry. See you guys on the other side. I'm about to be a proud owner of three Marvel's Avengers.
---
Give me money!
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#2 Posted: 01:33:43 29/07/2014
The less I know about levels and characters, the better off I feel. I would like to see more gameplay questions answered. I don't expect them answered and expect a total copy / paste effort in terms of mechanics in this game....which leaves me with an empty feeling outside of the trap stuff--which is soured by the fact that I'm not sure what the support for this in future games will be. Add in some of the mis-information or changes of the game design in quick succession makes me feel like we aren't grounded very well on this game.

I fully expect to have a good time with this game. I'm not sure I'll have a great time or an ecstatic time...which I should if I'm buying these toys.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:36:03 29/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
#3 Posted: 01:35:38 29/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: GhostRoaster
The less I know about levels and characters, the better off I feel. I would like to see more gameplay questions answered. I don't expect them answered and expect a total copy / paste effort in terms of mechanics in this game....which leaves me with an empty feeling outside of the trap stuff--which is soured by the fact that I'm not sure what the support for this in future games will be. Add in some of the mis-information or changes of the game design in quick succession makes me feel like we aren't grounded very well on this game.

I fully expect to have a good time with this game. I'm not sure I'll have a great time or an ecstatic time...which I should if I'm buying these toys.

Gameplay is the most important part of it, and it seems to be tossed aside for the "pretty" attractions (toys).
---
Give me money!
#4 Posted: 01:36:49 29/07/2014
Totally agree for me personally, that's my #1 issue right now along with supportability. I guess I'm just too pragmatic. Good to hear there's a few more people that are at least thinking on the same wavelength.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:38:49 29/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
#5 Posted: 01:39:02 29/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Totally agree for me personally, that's my #1 issue right now along with supportability. I guess I'm just too pragmatic.

A one-and-done shouldn't be happening. I can excuse Adventure Packs, but entire gimmicks? Have fun with your Traptanium-lacking Skylanders 5 if you go that route.
---
Give me money!
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#6 Posted: 01:40:32 29/07/2014
"6 trap masters, 5 cores" - Looks like you missed Blastermind (Magic TM) and Rocky Roll (Earth Core), and didn't account for the two extra cores (Skylanders website says 18 rather than 16), making it 5 trap masters and 6 cores.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
uttster13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2701
#7 Posted: 01:41:58 29/07/2014
I could care less if they don't reveal any more characters until launch, but the thing that drives me crazy is the amount of good questions that have not been answered. There is stuff we need to know in order to make final decisions on purchasing this game or not, and that could be crucial to Activision if it continues to be unanswered.
---
A story.
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#8 Posted: 01:44:46 29/07/2014
Well, you think you have it bad? You do. However Infinity fans are not satisfied. Lack of announcements regarding Disney characters. Official statement of no Gravity Falls figures. It's not like Disney is being praised either.
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
#9 Posted: 01:48:46 29/07/2014
Quote: uttster13
I could care less if they don't reveal any more characters until launch, but the thing that drives me crazy is the amount of good questions that have not been answered. There is stuff we need to know in order to make final decisions on purchasing this game or not, and that could be crucial to Activision if it continues to be unanswered.

You mean couldn't care less...

What information do you need to secure your buy in?
---
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#10 Posted: 02:35:19 29/07/2014
The traps being supported in future games is such a huge hanging question because even when the game comes out we won't have the answer for ourselves like most of the other open questions. So unless they answer that question we could be hanging until October 2015.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#11 Posted: 02:35:58 29/07/2014
Quote: Failinhearts
Well, you think you have it bad? You do. However Infinity fans are not satisfied. Lack of announcements regarding Disney characters. Official statement of no Gravity Falls figures. It's not like Disney is being praised either.

Well given its a Disney property and how many franchises, series, movies, etc. are connected, we are always going to have someone complain about SOMETHING missing with Infinity. I wouldnt worry about that complaint all that much. That one is NEVER going to go away. Skills trees, a map scanner, improved and enhanced Toybox editor tools, interior areas, and characters crossing into different playsets however has been a major factor regarding information to get people's interest and keeping it. The biggest factor I still have with Infinity will always be the blind bags.

Skylanders... we know some figures. We know there are traps, but there are still tons of questions surrounding them. Are they going to be supported in the next game? We have Trap Masters, we now at least know there are TM specific areas to unlock. Not all that different. Is that all though? They do extra damage and unlock specific areas? We really need something else outta them. More questions.

After Guardians hits theaters too, I bet the promotions will change to include a bunch of the other characters as well. Trying to say Infinity is dropping the ball because some fans of certain movies/shows havent seen character support yet is stretching it a bit to compare to Skylanders lack of information.
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#12 Posted: 02:57:44 29/07/2014
I did not say, Infinity is having things AS bad as Skylanders but I can say this...

The Gravity Falls Deconfirmation thread was one of the most talked about topics EVER in the Disney Infinity Fans Forums.
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
stealth Yellow Sparx Gems: 1040
#13 Posted: 04:19:51 29/07/2014
Quote: Failinhearts
I did not say, Infinity is having things AS bad as Skylanders but I can say this...

The Gravity Falls Deconfirmation thread was one of the most talked about topics EVER in the Disney Infinity Fans Forums.

Yes the GF decon did upset me as I am a huge fan of the show, but I am still hyped and proud about all the changes and catering to fans disney is doing. (Stitch was number 1 asked for character).
Yes, GF characters aren't there, but it seems like somehow we will get lots of interior GF items to put in our new buildings (This is all my assumptions due to the interior video showing GF furniture). At least there is SOMETHING.
Of course, you can never please everyone.

With skylanders, it just seems like there is NOTHING new but the gimmick. It's the same old same old. I can only push blocks so many times.
#14 Posted: 04:46:05 29/07/2014
Cant really speak much on the demand for Gravity Falls. Never watched the show. I heard decent things about it from a few people. However given the highly negative painting of the two law enforcement characters, I kinda keep my distant. I guess though if I can get past it on the Simpsons, I should be able to handle it here. Still not a fan of a kids cartoon putting such a negative spin on police. I'm old and cranky about things like that.

That aside if there hasnt been a Phineas and Ferb Playset yet, I dont foresee one for Gravity Falls, though I wouldnt rule out ToyBox figures at some point. The main focus of 2.0 is the superheroes.

I'd like more Skylanders info, thats for sure. What info I have gotten has made me start to learn more towards a game with a playstyle I dont even want!
#15 Posted: 06:45:16 29/07/2014
You clearly don't respect the others people opinion. You just said we complain to much and should be happy with what we've gotten.

Wanting to know all the characters is one thing. That I'd be inclined to agree with more. Keeping some of that a secret is fine. Wanting to know the base working of game mechanics however isnt unreasonable. Wanting to know if investing in multiple traps is worth the money because the traps will be supported in the continued life of the series is a reasonable request. Again its not a drop $60 game and forget it. Its a game with the potential to spend hundreds on.
DimitriDM Ripto Gems: 587
#16 Posted: 06:46:15 29/07/2014
The point of gaming companies is to not spoil everything, or at least they try to. As this will ruin the gaming enjoyment for a lot of the players. Also, we are talking about a game that is aimed at a younger crowds.

We have still 2 months before the actual release of the game, and it's contents. Many gaming industries and their companies, sometimes reveal, some additional information, later on. This can be, because of the game developing can still change, and may be done differently on the end.

Everyone is free to give their opinion, and state their point of view. But I wouldn't hate or dislike a game, that isn't even playable yet.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#17 Posted: 06:48:32 29/07/2014
Quote: DimitriDM
The point of gaming companies is to not spoil everything, or at least they try to. As this will ruin the gaming enjoyment for a lot of the players. Also, we are talking about a game that is aimed at a younger crowds.

We have still 2 months before the actual release of the game, and it's contents. Many gaming industries and their companies, sometimes reveal, some additional information, later on. This can be, because of the game developing can still change, and may be done differently on the end.

Everyone is free to give their opinion, and state their point of view. But I wouldn't hate or dislike a game, that isn't even playable yet.

Very true there. I mean, how can we rate a game not even out yet?

GotthemLord@: Ok, kinda true, but it's an opinion I have. That's all.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#18 Posted: 08:44:39 29/07/2014

Completely agree.
I don't want to see, this time I want to know.
Sure, I would really like to see all the new Skylanders. But, just see. I will surely buy them all, like I've always done, for my philosophy to try their unique gameplays. I don't need gameplay videos.
Regarding villains... I'm happy with what I have seen. They should be a surprise for when we buy the game, in my opinion.
Now we MUST know more about the trapping and swapping villains mechanics, the timer, and if ther's a way to remove it, the other benefits of playing as a Trap Master (I think there is more than just dealing more damages to trappable villains, and increase the timer), if the Heroics are back, if the traps will be forward compatible, how many levels will there be, what are the two other teased gimmicks...

We have seen enough. Now, it's time to get answered.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:17:08 29/07/2014 by Drek95
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#19 Posted: 10:37:21 29/07/2014
I don't really care that much about character reveals, especially the ones I won't be able to get day one regardless. I won't be spending as much this time around. May end up with everything except reposes, but I'll be more strategic about when I buy. If this is completely more of the same as SF or Giants, then I would get and enjoy the game. It is wearing old, but it still has some legs.

I understand voting with your wallet, but I don't know that that makes all that much difference. What I mean to say is, I think the number of skylanders who won't spend on Skylanders without having a good reason far outweighs those have thought it out. How many 8 year olds, when given a choice, will opt to get DI instead of TT this time around, just because it's cooler? For a lot, it may not even matter what the gameplay is like. And I imagine as well, Activision will not be thinking that they were 'out innovated', they just got overpowered by a bigger marketing machine.
OimakKamio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1643
#20 Posted: 12:55:01 29/07/2014
stop feeling entitled. i love the anticipation. This game is revolved around the hunt after it goes live. the hunt to find new characters, the hunt to find special editions, and limited editions. Everything about this game from SA have been a mystery until the next game comes out. Seriously if youre not used to that i have nothing for you.
---
Lioned33 PS4
LORD OIMAK XBOX
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#21 Posted: 13:12:00 29/07/2014
I'll be quick and stick to my usual bag of complaints.

Several of you have mentioned things like entitled and surprise...

That would be perfectly fine for a $60 game.

Once you ratchet up the cost associated with said item, the scrutiny goes up. Look no further than the XB1 and the PS4...I mean if you bought everything for SF - you purchased a PS4. People with only Wii's complaining about having to upgrade, yet don't see how much they are INVESTING into Skylanders as it is. I mean really it feels like I'm buying a car, there is the base model, then all the features, to make the smart and right buy, I need to know/want to know what I'm getting. It's not entitlement, they are asking for my money, and honestly they are asking for more money than the game itself is worth (its on disc content lets be honest here).

Anyone who wants more information before plunking down $100+ dollars are figures and/or accessories has the right to ask for any and all information. And don't even try throwing 'spoil' in there, the only thing that can be spoiled is the storyline - and NO ONE is asking for that information, people are asking about things like how long their investment will work (i.e. is the gimmick standalone to this entry), there are questions on multi-player, I've got questions on level design and intensity. It is NOT a deep game, this is not Virtual Fighter 5, they literally added jump in THIS entry. It's simply worrisome that we haven't receieved some of the information, usually when you don't get that kind of information at this point - "It's Bad News".
- Unreall
lcopley98 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#22 Posted: 13:28:53 29/07/2014
Quote: Unreallystic

Once you ratchet up the cost associated with said item, the scrutiny goes up. Look no further than the XB1 and the PS4...I mean if you bought everything for SF - you purchased a PS4. People with only Wii's complaining about having to upgrade, yet don't see how much they are INVESTING into Skylanders as it is. I mean really it feels like I'm buying a car, there is the base model, then all the features, to make the smart and right buy, I need to know/want to know what I'm getting. It's not entitlement, they are asking for my money, and honestly they are asking for more money than the game itself is worth (its on disc content lets be honest here).

Anyone who wants more information before plunking down $100+ dollars are figures and/or accessories has the right to ask for any and all information. And don't even try throwing 'spoil' in there, the only thing that can be spoiled is the storyline - and NO ONE is asking for that information, people are asking about things like how long their investment will work (i.e. is the gimmick standalone to this entry), there are questions on multi-player, I've got questions on level design and intensity. It is NOT a deep game, this is not Virtual Fighter 5, they literally added jump in THIS entry. It's simply worrisome that we haven't receieved some of the information, usually when you don't get that kind of information at this point - "It's Bad News".
- Unreall

You will have the information before you actually purchase the game and play it. The information just isn't out early enough for your liking. And if you've preordered the game, its as simple as cancelling it or returning it. Skylanders is nothing like purchasing a new car.
---
Casual Skylander Gamer
Nuzlocke Challenge http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/posttopic.php?forum=56&post=true
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#23 Posted: 14:21:43 29/07/2014
eh infinty gets new worlds every week skylanders does not
Infinty has online skylanders does not.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#24 Posted: 14:22:33 29/07/2014
Quote: lcopley98

You will have the information before you actually purchase the game and play it. The information just isn't out early enough for your liking. And if you've preordered the game, its as simple as cancelling it or returning it. Skylanders is nothing like purchasing a new car.

I'm glad we have someone who is on the inside that knows the schedule, could you give us a hint as to when they will release the "whether traps will be supported in future games" information?
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:37:39 29/07/2014 by Zylek
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#25 Posted: 14:25:45 29/07/2014

- Unreall

For the people that plan to get everything day 1 that is a few hundred dollars to drop. It takes more than a few days to save up that kind of money when you have to pay bills.

I was expecting to have at least the summer to save and know even the basics of how many figures and traps. I don't even care if they told us names or even any details at all, but some people are more selective and even more unfortunate some people are kids who have a set allowance and can only by a certain amount of figures. Knowing who they like and want to save up for can be crucial. But apparently acitivision expects us to go "balls to the walls" on the very little and often disappointing information.
#26 Posted: 15:09:44 29/07/2014
Quote: NINJAsk11
Statement 1: Sorry, but many of you complain too much.

Statement 2: My opinion, I respect your opinion if you respect mine.

Just some advice, stay away from talking about styles of posting and your personal opinion of their opinion. It's best to post arguments that support your view and counters their view and stay away from being personal. Once you start with statement 1 everyone's ears are going to shut down and not listen to any reasonable points you may make.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:10:33 29/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
DimitriDM Ripto Gems: 587
#27 Posted: 15:12:18 29/07/2014
Quote: NINJAsk11
Statement 1: Sorry, but many of you complain too much.

Statement 2: My opinion, I respect your opinion if you respect mine.

Just some advice, stay away from talking about styles of posting and your personal opinion of their opinion. It's best to post arguments that support your view and counters their view and stay away from being personal. Once you start with statement 1 everyone's ears are going to shut down and not listen to any reasonable points you may make.

We are allowed to give our opinions, it's true though. There are some constructive arguments going on. But why do we complain? Heck knows what the ocmpany of Activision will show us later on this month. And the upcoming ones.
#28 Posted: 15:14:22 29/07/2014
Give me a statement that you are saying others are complaining about. Your statement does nothing about moving the conversation forward. Let's start with that.

Let me start it off...this is how you should post instead....
"Agreed on the future aspect. Some people are concerned about the lack of information. I do not join my brethren on that point. But that's OK if they don't like it. There are some things I'm concerned about that others don't care about---future use of traps for example. Am I complaining? Insistent, maybe...but that is basic information I should know before I purchase, considering they tout that as a major feature of the franchise."

Note I brought a point that backs up my concern. Others that are complaining about the complainers are doing the very thing they claim the others are doing, and they don't back it up. Please give us REASONS why the concern isn't valid. The OP may or may not accept your arguments. That's ok. Let's be civil and move the conversation along.

Why do people complain? That's part of the human condition. Some people are chronic complainers. Best to speak to a therapist for real answers.
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 15:24:25 29/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
#29 Posted: 15:18:49 29/07/2014

I don't pre-order, never a reason to, I preordered the dark edition last time 'for nothing'. GS had copies just sitting on the shelf collecting dust (still do).

It's not about information being out early enough for my liking. Time released information for something like this would be things like the figures or adventure packs - hence the leaks being called 'leaks'. Information pertinent to the BASE purchase should be more free flowing for a game of this COST. Again, regular game like Halo 5 or something? IT doesn't matter, $60 is a drop in the bucket in the scheme of things. It's a stand alone purchase. The investment in Halo is buying specialized controllers if you so seem fit. With these type of games, you can't expect to unlock all the CONTENT without (as of the most recent news) spending 75 (Game) + $50 (Adventuve Packs) + $105 (or so - for Trap Masters) + $36 for traps - just to be able to play everything on the disc...not true DLC where 3 months after the game comes out they release 3 new levels...no you spend that money to play what's on the disc.

I'm a grown man with a good paying job, a game come out I want at $60 - I cna grab it. But this is what $260 to play everything, and right now, I have to expect tha the traps won't work in the next series increment and I'll be stuck doing the same thing over again, so the $36 is JUST for this game, and the $105 for Trap Masters aren't going to help unlock content in the next one either. THAT IS a WII U. I've got to vet that kind of cost with my wife. And I'm an adult - not the intended audience. I'm thinking about the kids in my wife's old classroom that played - 4th graders, too young to work a summer job who like Skylanders, they have to save up money over an extended period of time for a purchase like this, and being honest, while I plan on getting both this and DI2.0 - those kids will NOT have that option. The sooner they can figure this stuff out - the better...and the questions on the table are super important, and not being told that kind of information just reeks of 'expect the worst'
- Unreall
#30 Posted: 15:27:05 29/07/2014
Unreal, your supporting arguments were UNREAL. Thanks.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#31 Posted: 17:17:17 29/07/2014

I don't pre-order, never a reason to, I preordered the dark edition last time 'for nothing'. GS had copies just sitting on the shelf collecting dust (still do).

It's not about information being out early enough for my liking. Time released information for something like this would be things like the figures or adventure packs - hence the leaks being called 'leaks'. Information pertinent to the BASE purchase should be more free flowing for a game of this COST. Again, regular game like Halo 5 or something? IT doesn't matter, $60 is a drop in the bucket in the scheme of things. It's a stand alone purchase. The investment in Halo is buying specialized controllers if you so seem fit. With these type of games, you can't expect to unlock all the CONTENT without (as of the most recent news) spending 75 (Game) + $50 (Adventuve Packs) + $105 (or so - for Trap Masters) + $36 for traps - just to be able to play everything on the disc...not true DLC where 3 months after the game comes out they release 3 new levels...no you spend that money to play what's on the disc.

I'm a grown man with a good paying job, a game come out I want at $60 - I cna grab it. But this is what $260 to play everything, and right now, I have to expect tha the traps won't work in the next series increment and I'll be stuck doing the same thing over again, so the $36 is JUST for this game, and the $105 for Trap Masters aren't going to help unlock content in the next one either. THAT IS a WII U. I've got to vet that kind of cost with my wife. And I'm an adult - not the intended audience. I'm thinking about the kids in my wife's old classroom that played - 4th graders, too young to work a summer job who like Skylanders, they have to save up money over an extended period of time for a purchase like this, and being honest, while I plan on getting both this and DI2.0 - those kids will NOT have that option. The sooner they can figure this stuff out - the better...and the questions on the table are super important, and not being told that kind of information just reeks of 'expect the worst'
- Unreall

Ok, you have said A LOT of true things, from your point of view.
And I mostly agree.

But, there is a single sentence, which I find quite important, that I don't understand.
"Informations pertinent to the BASE purchase should be more free flowing for a game of this COST".
What do you mean by "base purchase"? Are you referring to the sole Starter Pack?
If yes... Then it's not a game of that COST. It's a 60/70$ game, like Halo, if you don't include all the extra purchases.
And, believe me, like every year, we will learn all we have to know, about the game itself (so, not counting Skylanders, traps and various other things sold separately) some weeks before it actually launches. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
lcopley98 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#32 Posted: 17:55:44 29/07/2014
Quote: Zylek

I'm glad we have someone who is on the inside that knows the schedule, could you give us a hint as to when they will release the "whether traps will be supported in future games" information?

I don't know the schedule brother. But a little common sense can get you a long way in life. The information will be there for you when the game arrives in stores.
---
Casual Skylander Gamer
Nuzlocke Challenge http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/posttopic.php?forum=56&post=true
#33 Posted: 17:58:45 29/07/2014
Quote: Zylek

I don't know the schedule brother. But a little common sense can get you a long way in life. The information will be there for you when the game arrives in stores.

I can almost guarantee you this fact will not be known on launch. Your comment is disparaging to a fellow poster, as well.
---
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#34 Posted: 17:59:22 29/07/2014
I don't get why people are going to bother with the Traps to be honest. Aside from one for Magic (Painyatta), one for Fire (Grinnade) and one for Undead (Wolfgang) I most likely won't be getting any more.

I actually feel that they'll most likely turn the Traps into Magic Items ala Adventure Packs.
#35 Posted: 18:02:19 29/07/2014
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
I don't get why people are going to bother with the Traps to be honest. Aside from one for Magic (Painyatta), one for Fire (Grinnade) and one for Undead (Wolfgang) I most likely won't be getting any more.

I actually feel that they'll most likely turn the Traps into Magic Items ala Adventure Packs.

Wolfgang and Painyatta are definitely big wins with me. Few villains speak to me as a "must".
---
#36 Posted: 18:07:39 29/07/2014
IT goes back to the car thing really. Yes, when I said Base I was partially referring to the starter set. I say its more like a car than Halo because when you are voluntarily car shopping you want to know what's included in the base package and from there figure out what options you want. The Ford Fusion has been one of the best cars in its class for the past few years and that has been in part because of what's included in the Base. If we were talking a skateboard? Yeah you cna change the wheels and ball bearings, but for the most part you KNOW what you're getting.

This - not so much. I'm trying to decide if I "want" this car, and with my budget, I'm looking more at the Base model with just a few accessories and options, I can't afford the rear view camera if its not base. The other lot has this other car called DI2.0. When I was younger I had the first DI1.0, it had some real problems, but showed promise, everything I've read about this DI2.0 has been as if they were speaking directly to me saying "You had an issue with this, this was our solution". They are actively not only trying to make a better car, but doing so via feedback. so the DI2.0 is looking pretty attractive. Over here we have the Skylander 2014, almost the Camry of the genre, reliable, solid, predictable, but it doesn't seem like Activision is taking the request from the crowd and trying to improve that way. They;'d rather refocus marketing on the younger drivers who may not know how much money its going to cost them to truly own this vehicle and get the most out of it.

They haven't listened to feedback (or have selective hearing as they feel they know best), and there are some important features to some of us drivers like say cruise control, that they aren't talking about. That makes me want DI2.0 more...its improving based on feedback - with all cards on the table (people complaining about GF are missing the boat)...its trending in the right direction, I won't want Di3.0 as I don't favor Star Wars, but the series looks ot be in good hands. I'm concerned the brakes might stop working for Skylanders...
- Unreall
#37 Posted: 18:10:46 29/07/2014

I'm not buying any traps at launch. At the $5.99 price point they are in direct competition with Disney's Power Disc, so they will most likely get the exact same deals...so I'll just wait for when I can get 2 for $9 or 3 for $10. There will most likely be a 'buy two figures get a free trap' promo ran also. So I'll 'eventually' get 8 traps - one for each element, but I'm not going to work myself up over it. I only want the ice troll and painatta right now.
- Unreall
#38 Posted: 18:12:21 29/07/2014
I doubt very few villains will be actually "speaking" all that much anyways given its clear a lot of captures are mob types to pad the marketing number of 40+. I foresee ones like the Chompy and Buzzer Beak just making a bunch of annoying sounds. Only a few bosses are likely to actually have any personality. We'll get probably one decent villain of each element. Maybe two tops. Plus Kaos. Most people should be able to handle only getting one trap of each element and switching in the HUB area. Two traps of each element at most if someone feels like being lazy.
#39 Posted: 18:17:42 29/07/2014
Have we confirmed that the villain in the crystal gets back into the villain vault when swapping them out? I heard rumors that you would have to "retrap them". Simple things like this drive me nuts.
---
#40 Posted: 18:32:47 29/07/2014
I would assume you would need to re-trap them to justify buying multiple of the Traps.
#41 Posted: 18:42:35 29/07/2014
I'm not worried about having to retrap them, as much as I am worried that the current villain's quests are tied into the trap. If you switch them at the HUB, or use the trap again for another villain (causing the other to revert back to the vault) that any unlocked "leveling" will be reset.

If you can switch at the HUB and the villains keep all their bonuses, no lose to stats or quests. Awesome. If reusing the trap for someone else while its occupied, overrides them I'd be annoyed but it just means I need to plan ahead in the HUB before a mission.
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#42 Posted: 00:19:14 30/07/2014
I honestly don't think you trap the villains with a sculpt at all. You defeat them, they get saved to the vault. If you want to play them you take them out of the vault on to your sculpt. I'm not even sure you can play a villain immediately after defeating him. It would make sense, to me anyway, that you have to win the level, then get the villain out of the vault. From a programmatic sense, that also be pretty straight forward. Villains get saved to the vault at the normal savepoints.

They have cleared stated that captured villains live in the vault, without having a corresponding sculpt. We know you need to put the villain in the vault to play him/her. Has there been any gameplay videos of a villain being captured yet?

Regarding the entitlement argument...seems like a matter of perspective. Obviously, Acti doesn't owe customers anything based on their passed spending habits. Obviously, each customer has their criteria they want met before they meet additional purchases. We should not all be expected to have the same criteria. Some have money to spend, some have kids to please, some have principles to uphold, some (like me) have principles they will like throw out the window when it comes down to it.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#43 Posted: 00:51:14 30/07/2014
I feel the same way!

I do admit, being a evil pinyatta will be cool. But for 30 seconds!?! Why?

Because they want to "enforce the team aspect." This might amuse 5 year olds. NOT THE FANBASE. We want to be a rock and roll werewolf for more than 30 seconds! And how to get more time? Buy more toys. That, and they ELIMINATED the regular elemental gates. So you have to buy 6-7 more toys in order to access everything. So that's $105 more dollars down the drain just to get a DIGITAL HAT. So in short, we have-

- to buy 8 new toys

- our old toys are obsolete

- the traps we buy now won't work in games 5 and beyond

- an easy, short, inferior, same old-same old game where the main gimmick is some weird bad guys with a timer

- a conspiracy of "oh you can't see this yet. Oh, you made a video? COPYRIGHT STRIKE! PLEASE GIVE US MONEY IN OCTOBER!"

- THEY TEASED BLADES, RIGHT IN FRONT OF US!

Overall, I'm dissapointed in TT.
#44 Posted: 01:09:54 30/07/2014
Quote: melvimbe
I honestly don't think you trap the villains with a sculpt at all. You defeat them, they get saved to the vault. If you want to play them you take them out of the vault on to your sculpt. I'm not even sure you can play a villain immediately after defeating him. It would make sense, to me anyway, that you have to win the level, then get the villain out of the vault. From a programmatic sense, that also be pretty straight forward. Villains get saved to the vault at the normal savepoints.

They have cleared stated that captured villains live in the vault, without having a corresponding sculpt. We know you need to put the villain in the vault to play him/her. Has there been any gameplay videos of a villain being captured yet?

Regarding the entitlement argument...seems like a matter of perspective. Obviously, Acti doesn't owe customers anything based on their passed spending habits. Obviously, each customer has their criteria they want met before they meet additional purchases. We should not all be expected to have the same criteria. Some have money to spend, some have kids to please, some have principles to uphold, some (like me) have principles they will like throw out the window when it comes down to it.

They defeated Sheep Creep in the walkthrough released the other day with Lou and immediately switched over to play as him.
#45 Posted: 03:22:11 30/07/2014
Correct. Villains are available immediately after trapping. If you don't have a trap you'll have to go to the "Villain Vault" to load em up--and that's between levels at the hub.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:22:50 30/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
#46 Posted: 04:01:32 30/07/2014
Wait, wait wait! You only play as villains for 30seconds?

It's baffling that a unique character like Painyatta was not made an actual Skylander (or even a Trap Master with a Traptanium Stick!) yet something as basic as Wildfire is.
#47 Posted: 04:05:12 30/07/2014

It's baffling that a unique character like Painyatta was not made an actual Skylander (or even a Trap Master with a Traptanium Stick!) yet something as basic as Wildfire is.

Well from the play-through they posted its clear that the timer goes beyond 30 seconds. If they extended it completely, or if there are other factors involved in the extended timer, Lou certainly didnt provide that information. The timer in the walkthrough was about 80 seconds, as they ran around as Sheep Creep for about 38 seconds. The timer was just shy of hitting the halfway mark.
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3332
#48 Posted: 07:10:03 30/07/2014
All I want to know at this point is who is in wave 1 and how much I'll have to drop day 1.
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#49 Posted: 10:37:06 30/07/2014

painyatta is a great character, he is a lost opportunity for sure.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#50 Posted: 12:41:05 30/07/2014
I thought it was confirmed that through leveling up you could play as a villain 'indefinitely' - you just start with 30 seconds.
- Unreall
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me