Page 1 of 1
Trap Team makes no sense...!
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#1 Posted: 23:43:49 28/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Seriously think about it. Trap and play as Kaos.

Trap and play as a portal master!?!?
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#2 Posted: 00:04:12 29/07/2014
Kaos was already turned into a toy in a similar fashion to the Skylanders at the end of the first game. Are we really all that worried about what makes sense? Canon-Lore to the game's own universe is spotty at best.
#3 Posted: 00:09:09 29/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: GothamLord
Kaos was already turned into a toy in a similar fashion to the Skylanders at the end of the first game. Are we really all that worried about what makes sense? Canon-Lore to the game's own universe is spotty at best.

Yeah but after he gets back to life in Giants, Glumshanks says to him '' Portal masters aren't supposed to use portals '' That's really confusing smilie
---
#4 Posted: 00:11:58 29/07/2014
And Kaos' mom hid inside a portal. I really dont see the worry all that much. Worst it does it make us all disappointed we cant jump into the portal ourselves to teleport to Skylands right ?
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#5 Posted: 00:13:31 29/07/2014
Time to Bring Out the Big Guns

[User Posted Image]
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#6 Posted: 00:14:55 29/07/2014
Some things say that you only trap a VERSION of Kaos. Maybe we're finally getting a new boss. Or he gets out of the trap in the 5th game.
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#7 Posted: 00:19:12 29/07/2014
SF broke the canon, I think I'd let TFB pass if the Portal doesn't recognize him in Traptanium or something. Better than 'oh we said PMs could only be evil by their own choice since they're summoned for good things but I guess making up Dark Portal Masters that can go through Portals but never summon Shadowlanders is a good idea' from VV.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#8 Posted: 00:20:56 29/07/2014
Hmm.... The giant tuning fork that Kaos steals to attack Cloudcracker Prison is able to be tuned to the frequency of any material, causing it to shatter. Maybe "material" includes organic material as well. Maybe in the course of the game towards the end, we end of "shattering" Kaos into two parts because of....ya know... magic and stuff. We get the less evil version (and losing PM powers) via the traps that we'll have as an ally come Skylanders 5, and then a super EVIL version we can actually defeat and destroy completely at the end of this time, paving away for finally having a new main bad guy with Skylanders 5.

Of course it'll be Kaos' dad or something ....

I'm bored can you tell?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:22:10 29/07/2014 by GothamLord
uttster13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2701
#9 Posted: 00:25:04 29/07/2014
Kaos will always be in the franchise.
He is extremely recognizable to kids, which makes him immortal in Acti, TfB and VV's eyes.
They don't truly care about the older fans, just the little kids.
---
A story.
#10 Posted: 00:28:22 29/07/2014
So I guess that means making it nonsensical to those people that ARE outside of their age ranges because they need to pander to their age group? I don't think so. Disney can do it...so can they. That just reeks of laziness to me.

Btw, I don't personally care too much about the story...I just "go with it". My heart is on the game itself--I know other opinions will vary widely--and that's ok.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:29:50 29/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#11 Posted: 00:52:14 29/07/2014
Maybe some games like this don't have to make sense. The only thing I'm excited about is everything, including the Trap Masters and crystals. Also, it would be fun to play as Kaos and mess with him for fun.
#12 Posted: 01:22:15 29/07/2014
I'm glad you are stoked....Activision thanks you.

These types of artificial "area barriers" don't come across as a "great" or "new" gameplay mechanic--it's been there since day one. I only wish they could do more here.

On the story making sense---matters not to me---but I respect others' opinions of wanting it to, and they deserve a say here as well.
---
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#13 Posted: 01:29:03 29/07/2014
Gill Grunt is a talking fish wielding a self reloading harpoon gun and walking on islands that float in the sky. Kaos being trapped doesn't bother me much.
Punk Bomb Green Sparx Gems: 230
#14 Posted: 01:33:19 29/07/2014
Nothing makes sense in Skylanders anymore.
---
Give me money!
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#15 Posted: 02:39:43 29/07/2014
I think the ability to trap and play as villains is a cool one. The implementation of the "Trap Masters" is the flub in my book. If they would have been needed along with a crystal to capture a villain I would have bought into that concept, but having their main "special" function being they are only ones that can open these arbitrary crystal element gates is lame.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#16 Posted: 04:01:59 29/07/2014
This is Skylands, anything can happen here
lcopley98 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#17 Posted: 13:23:10 29/07/2014
Quote: Skylander3112

AMEN!
---
Casual Skylander Gamer
Nuzlocke Challenge http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/posttopic.php?forum=56&post=true
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#18 Posted: 14:23:28 29/07/2014
Defeating Kaos while playing with Kaos, then trapping Kaos in a Trap already containing Kaos.
---
bye
#19 Posted: 15:12:20 29/07/2014
Quote: lcopley98

AMEN!

That's true, which is why I let the story aspect go. I know it's technically wrong in some areas, but I enjoy it anyways. That's how I got past Star Wars and other sci fi movies.
---
SkyJo Green Sparx Gems: 490
#20 Posted: 18:14:40 29/07/2014
Quote: newkill
Defeating Kaos while playing with Kaos, then trapping Kaos in a Trap already containing Kaos.

This is the point that bothers me the most.
I´m shure there is a way that the game knows which Villian you already trapped and replace it with a normal one, like the soulstones get replaced with a diamond.

They could be again in the level if its true that they don´t go into the vault when you override a trap. (Hope this is not true!)

But after I saw Gulper this will be a dream forever.

Sry for my bad English, I´m German smilie
#21 Posted: 22:43:09 29/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: GhostRoaster

AMEN!

That's true, which is why I let the story aspect go. I know it's technically wrong in some areas, but I enjoy it anyways. That's how I got past Star Wars and other sci fi movies.

Ok I accept that you let the skylanders story go and don't care. But star wars makes a lot of sense just read the books or understand the movies!
---
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#22 Posted: 03:23:23 30/07/2014
Quote: newkill

defeating kaos while playing as kaos will probably be an accolade or a PlayStation trophy or the other console's equivalent.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#23 Posted: 10:38:44 30/07/2014
sadly the gimmicks dont this time around. things have been a lackluster so far.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#24 Posted: 12:06:05 30/07/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
sadly the gimmicks dont this time around. things have been a lackluster so far.

To us adults/older kids crowd it maybe , but all my sons friends (around 8yrs old) are asking for it and want to capture the bad guys.
#25 Posted: 13:45:37 30/07/2014
Quote: LloydDXZX
Quote: GhostRoaster

AMEN!

Ok I accept that you let the skylanders story go and don't care. But star wars makes a lot of sense just read the books or understand the movies!

Books can do wonders to gaps in story writing / telling on the big screen. I just prefer not to go there.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me