Page 1 of 1
Why has the main Topic Closed? [CLOSED]
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#1 Posted: 23:25:52 28/07/2014 | Topic Creator
What has happened it says its closed wtf now what?
---
"Taking Charge"
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#2 Posted: 23:30:13 28/07/2014
Read existing threads instead of making new ones. You shall find the answers you seek.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#3 Posted: 23:51:26 28/07/2014
Because it stopped being a news thread and became a "whine about everything ad nauseum" topic.
#4 Posted: 00:05:56 29/07/2014
People say something that differs from their opinion we get people "whining". Then people whine about those people. The circle of the internet continues. Lets just let this thread die and avoid it turning into another bout of personal attacks.
#5 Posted: 00:10:11 29/07/2014
There was a lot of legit whining in the news thread and that's undeniable. Good riddance to it, I say. If there had been a little bit of whining mixed in with the news, that would've been okay, but it was ALL just opinions and pointless conversations that made the whole point of the NEWS topic entirely moot for anyone who was just trying to get a bit of info.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:27:04 29/07/2014 by Razz
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#6 Posted: 00:34:20 29/07/2014
Quote: Razz
There was a lot of legit whining in the news thread and that's undeniable. Good riddance to it, I say. If there had been a little bit of whining mixed in with the news, that would've been okay, but it was ALL just opinions and pointless conversations that made the whole point of the NEWS topic entirely moot for anyone who was just trying to get a bit of info.

I understand how you feel. I hate seeing all this negativity on something that started so kindly and respectively now being hated just for some missing info. That's the whole reason I came here and to see it under attack really bums me out.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#7 Posted: 00:41:41 29/07/2014
So this board is only for those that have rainbows to sell...no rainclouds. There goes our freedom of speech rights. This is the future of America. God Hep Us.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#8 Posted: 00:45:07 29/07/2014
It feels so weird looking at the news thread, only to see it with one post. FOREVER.
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
#9 Posted: 00:46:20 29/07/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster617
Quote: Razz

I understand how you feel. I hate seeing all this negativity on something that started so kindly and respectively now being hated just for some missing info. That's the whole reason I came here and to see it under attack really bums me out.

I wasn't so bothered by people having negative opinions on the game, it was just ridiculous that it was all over the news topic. I really just wanted to see if anything new had been revealed and all it was was 75 pages of "Acti isn't leaking enough B'AWWW!!! I'm not buying the game now because they aren't spoiling the whole thing for me!!!". Bleagh. It's fine if that stuff is in its own topics, but for heaven's sake, that wasn't what the news topic was for.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#10 Posted: 00:46:42 29/07/2014
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Will the perpetrator come out and splain themselves.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#11 Posted: 00:46:56 29/07/2014
To be fair, I think there was a whole lot more non-news related 'rainbow' posts in there. If the thread was deemed as unreadable, then the rainbows were just as much to blame as the rainclouds if not more.

That said though, it is somewhat unrealistic to think that people would not want to talk and share opinions about the news, whether positive, negative, whimsical, or well thought out. If the thread is locked, then there will be other threads created to discuss the latest info...which they're typically is already.
#12 Posted: 00:49:06 29/07/2014
The front page of the news thread was the only place anyone should have expected to actually find information. It should have been updated anytime something was official.
#13 Posted: 00:50:21 29/07/2014
^ That's a very good point. I'd forgotten about the cluttering positive posts with the past week of rampant whinging.

Discussion threads outside the news topic is great. It is a shame we won't be seeing any more news, though.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me