Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Crystal Elemental Gates
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#1 Posted: 21:50:52 28/07/2014 | Topic Creator
There's a TT playthrough on Soda Springs, and there's a WATER TRAPTANIUM GATE, which requires a TRAP MASTER of that element to open it. What do you guy think about this?
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#2 Posted: 21:54:42 28/07/2014
There was also a life and tech gate for Trap Masters and I don't know what to say. While I expected them to pull a stunt like this, it may not have been the best idea. Yeah sure the swap gates had two elements and could be opened with swapped characters, but at least co-op solved the problem too. These gates can only be opened by Trap Masters of that element. Personally it's pointless and only offends people who hoped to only need one Trap Master.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#3 Posted: 21:56:36 28/07/2014
A lot of people wanted a serious reason to buy other Trap Masters, beside Snap Shot?
Now you have it.
I think it's a nice addiction, that makes Trap Masters feel more "unique".
I'm sure there will still be regular Elemental Gates. This addiction is just like the Giant or the SWAP zones. smilie
I honestly don't care that much, even if I like the idea, since I already planned to buy all the new characters. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:58:14 28/07/2014 by Drek95
lcopley98 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#4 Posted: 22:26:52 28/07/2014
I have no problem with this. This has been a core mechanic of the game since day one. You have to have the right Skylander to open the gate.
---
Casual Skylander Gamer
Nuzlocke Challenge http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/posttopic.php?forum=56&post=true
#5 Posted: 23:32:21 28/07/2014
Quote: Toynerd14
Quote: lcopley98
I have no problem with this. This has been a core mechanic of the game since day one. You have to have the right Skylander to open the gate.

Yeah, but this DE-VALUES the rest of your collection. I hope that there are normal element gates that all Skylanders can access. Otherwise, this might be the last Skylanders game I'll get.

It WOULD de-values all the other characters, if there wouldn't be regular Elemental Gates.
As you said, it is still unsure, and, like for all the other gimmicks, this will probably just be an addiction, instead of a negative change. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
TheMuffinater Green Sparx Gems: 498
#6 Posted: 23:36:47 28/07/2014
I'm sure these gates will be openable by the core skylanders too. I think he just said trap masters can open it because they are the main focus of the game. I explained why I think this in the other thread but everyone ignored me because they were too busy complaining.
---
Dino-Rang, Wind-up, Thumback, and Spy Rise FTW!!
#7 Posted: 00:04:47 29/07/2014
Quote: TheMuffinater
I'm sure these gates will be openable by the core skylanders too. I think he just said trap masters can open it because they are the main focus of the game. I explained why I think this in the other thread but everyone ignored me because they were too busy complaining.

I don't think they can be opened by Cores, too.
They will probably be Trap Masters related, just like the SWAP Zones, or the Giants specific areas.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#8 Posted: 00:10:38 29/07/2014
Maybe there will be elemental gates and traptainium elemental gates.
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
TheMuffinater Green Sparx Gems: 498
#9 Posted: 00:11:56 29/07/2014
Quote: Drek95
Quote: TheMuffinater

I don't think they can be opened by Cores, too.
They will probably be Trap Masters related, just like the SWAP Zones, or the Giants specific areas.

Well like somebody said earlier, trap masters have the crystals so there wouldn't be much purpose to have another zone specifically for them. I feel like the three zones we saw were for snap shot (water gate), food fight (life zone), and pre ordered gear shift (tech zone). I think the gates are designed like crystals because that is the theme of the game, much like how the packaging for all of them is like a crystal, not just the trap masters.
---
Dino-Rang, Wind-up, Thumback, and Spy Rise FTW!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:13:49 29/07/2014 by TheMuffinater
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#10 Posted: 00:14:26 29/07/2014
Just wait til its released because did you see lou go straight past buck at that life gate meybe there differnet and they look different dont they? The water gate is smaller and looks like traptanium wheere as the life gate looks bigger and is not as shiny
---
"Taking Charge"
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#11 Posted: 00:15:25 29/07/2014
I liked how he swapped to Snap Shot at the water gate and then just walked past
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#12 Posted: 00:17:06 29/07/2014
Well, someone gots to make tha mullah.

[User Posted Image]
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#13 Posted: 00:54:25 29/07/2014
If the Crystal Elemental Gates are taking over, then this would make the core Skylanders feel inadequate. Back from the three previous games, they are capable of accessing through Elemental Gates, including Dual ones, which requires either two Skylanders with elements matching the gates or a Swap Force Skylanders with two differently-elemental halves.
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#14 Posted: 01:48:17 29/07/2014
A lot of people wanted a serious reason to buy other Trap Masters, beside Snap Shot?
Now you have it.
I think it's a nice addiction, that makes Trap Masters feel more "unique".
I'm sure there will still be regular Elemental Gates. This addiction is just like the Giant or the SWAP zones. smilie
I honestly don't care that much, even if I like the idea, since I already planned to buy all the new characters. smilie

I planned on buying all trapmasters as well, it's just going to annoy me that they are probably going to keep 2 of the element until wave 2 and 3
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#15 Posted: 01:56:35 29/07/2014
Oh great... Just great..
Well maybe a trapped villain can open them too??
If not I probably just won't get this game.
Psychomancer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1374
#16 Posted: 04:43:42 29/07/2014
It seems we can't get some good news on this game. And this is the worst one since the announcement. Makes me wonder if they will lock things behind reposes too, like they did with the heroics in giants...

I really liked the trap crystals idea, even if they only work on this game. The Trap Masters... not so much. And now to have acess to 100% of the game I will need to buy one of each. Better start saving up money for buying the dark edition (if I wll need more than one Trap Master, better get it from the start) and pre-ordering Gearshift.
---
Behold, my Catchphrase of Doom!
talon4000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#17 Posted: 05:22:09 29/07/2014
Just means I won't get 100% I was planning to get one of each swap type, but didn't end up getting them all, no way I'm getting 8 trap masters unless I start making significantly more money.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#18 Posted: 06:25:22 29/07/2014

Can't say this is unexpected after Swap Force, but I was hoping this time would be different instead of placing more one-game gates on $15 characters.
---
#all Spyros are valid
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#19 Posted: 07:17:52 29/07/2014
I thought it was obvious that they would at least want 1 of each Trap Master per Element. I mean you need all 8 for the Traps themselves also so.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
SkyJo Green Sparx Gems: 490
#20 Posted: 17:57:16 29/07/2014
The new Elemental gates can only be opened with the korrekt TM.

See the pic https://myskylanders.files.wor...masterzwang.jpg
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#21 Posted: 18:16:51 29/07/2014
So what purpose the new cores have if they dont have gates

But if u watch the video you see buzz again next to a life gate maybe there different
---
"Taking Charge"
SkyJo Green Sparx Gems: 490
#22 Posted: 18:47:50 29/07/2014
I talked about the TM elemental gates but I think there will be core gates too, like they ever was.

In the video I see only three TM elemental gates but maybe we didn´t see the whole level...
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#23 Posted: 19:30:14 29/07/2014

I don't think addictions are good smilie

If this concept was so good, they should have made the feats of Strengths also elemental so you'd need a giant of that element to access the area. Also in Swap Force they should have made all those dual element gates be Swap Force Only Dual Elemental gates.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
#24 Posted: 20:09:16 29/07/2014
Quote: Zylek

I don't think addictions are good smilie

If this concept was so good, they should have made the feats of Strengths also elemental so you'd need a giant of that element to access the area. Also in Swap Force they should have made all those dual element gates be Swap Force Only Dual Elemental gates.

Oh, Glob... Forgive my terrible english... It's not my first language...
You are right, but Trap Masters would have only be used to defeat villains faster. They had to give them another function.
They can open special gates? Cool!
I can't say the same about the elemental requirement...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#25 Posted: 20:16:14 29/07/2014
I agree that they needed Trap Masters to do something special, which is why I thought they'd be needed with the traps to capture villains. That at least jives with the story.
---
#26 Posted: 20:20:08 29/07/2014
I agree that they needed Trap Masters to do something special, which is why I thought they'd be needed with the traps to capture villains. That at least jives with the story.

That would have been waaaaaay more logical and cooler.
At least, it seems that you can play as a villain for a longer time period, if you also have a Trap Master on the Portal.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:21:00 29/07/2014 by Drek95
#27 Posted: 20:29:05 29/07/2014
Honestly if they had made that you needed a Life Trapmaster to capture a Life Villain and so forth, I don't think there would have been the same level angst there is with these Crystal Gates.
---
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#28 Posted: 20:29:44 29/07/2014
NO... PLEASE NO! i don't want to buy 8 Trap masters....
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
DM235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1678
#29 Posted: 21:29:20 29/07/2014
Honestly if they had made that you needed a Life Trapmaster to capture a Life Villain and so forth, I don't think there would have been the same level angst there is with these Crystal Gates.

But they already doing something just like that, as you need to buy a Life Trap to trap a Life Villain.

BTW, in the video there is a blurb that mentions that you need a Villain to get a Villain Stash. I am wondering if these will be locked to an element as well.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#30 Posted: 22:09:03 29/07/2014
I was a bit disappointed, but I'm not surprised about this. I just hope They make Traptanium AND Elemental gates... becusase now swappers are just like cores... and they seem a lot more useless now, Oh well, I wasn't planning on buying trap masters too much, becuase they didn't look too interesting, now i''l be forced to ;-;
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#31 Posted: 22:14:36 29/07/2014
Did you know in Swap Force you at least needed 8 Skylanders to do all 8 Swap Zones?
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#32 Posted: 22:30:35 29/07/2014
I thought this would happen.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#33 Posted: 22:30:55 29/07/2014
Opening trapmaster elemental gates isn't a big enough motivator for me to buy one of every element, so I'll just miss out on gates that I don't have characters for.
---
EDeChellis25 Green Sparx Gems: 253
#34 Posted: 22:40:11 29/07/2014
Essentially if you don't buy at least 8 trap masters you're only missing out on a few hats. Does that blow that we can't access all of them with just a core of that type? Yes, but it's not a deal breaker. IMO Swap Force required more of a purchase as far as game content went.
Technos Green Sparx Gems: 159
#35 Posted: 22:44:38 29/07/2014
Well they had to come up with special gimmick-only areas for this game. SG had giant areas and SSF had swap zones. But I think this one is lazy. Actually, I don't care if this is a bad idea. It's trap masters all the way for my skylander shopping. I don't care much about cores.
---
Favorite skylanders of each element:
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#36 Posted: 22:45:09 29/07/2014
Check out @Gojira84's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Gojira84/status/494230098938036225

Trap elemental zones only, guys. No regular ones. The perk for core figures is jump attacking? -.-
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#37 Posted: 22:51:52 29/07/2014

Double requirement. Trap Master + Elemental Trap. Yes makes sense but 1. multiple items/steps makes it confusing 2. I think there would've been a lot of negative publicity on it. Also, given that a trap master is included in the game, probably a worthless feature for Acti to code. Now, if the trap masters had to be elementally aligned with the villain, that might be a different story. Or-perhaps--the stronger element? Would've been a nice "Elemental Bonus" situation like they coded in the first few games. It's all academic now anyway but I'm sure they thought all of this through. Yeah, let's go with that.

I do think there should've been a bigger purpose for the TMs.

Quote: AzureStarline
Check out @Gojira84's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Gojira84/status/494230098938036225

Trap elemental zones only, guys. No regular ones. The perk for core figures is jump attacking? -.-

So cores serve no purpose in the game then. I guess there's a sense of freedom there at least.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 22:57:13 29/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
#38 Posted: 22:53:54 29/07/2014
Opening trapmaster elemental gates isn't a big enough motivator for me to buy one of every element, so I'll just miss out on gates that I don't have characters for.

Just buy them when they go on special or clearance
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#39 Posted: 22:56:01 29/07/2014
Quote: Snap Shot

Just buy them when they go on special or clearance

Or, as the OP suggested...NOT AT ALL.
---
Punk Bomb Green Sparx Gems: 230
#40 Posted: 23:23:37 29/07/2014
Buy eight more characters reduced to chests in the future games? Count me out. Fooled me once, shame on me. Swap Force (twice), shame on you. Fooled people three times, not many will buy it unless they have wool over their eyes.
---
Give me money!
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#41 Posted: 23:52:52 29/07/2014
Quote: Punk Bomb
Buy eight more characters reduced to chests in the future games? Count me out. Fooled me once, shame on me. Swap Force (twice), shame on you. Fooled people three times, not many will buy it unless they have wool over their eyes.

I think the first "fool" in that line is "shame on you" but hey...

[User Posted Image]
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#42 Posted: 00:29:10 30/07/2014
Quote: Punk Bomb

Or they actually like trying out new characters. You never consider that option, don't you?
It's always only a matter of money. You know what? Don't buy it then, if you only have to care about the prices, and don't even enjoy the game.

Sure, the lack of regular Elemental Gates is indeed a wrong move, but that won't stop me from buying all the new Core characters, and find out what makes them unique.

Money is important, of course. But, in the end, it's a game.

Since I already planned to buy all the 16 Trap Masters, it will be funny having to wait again to open certain areas, just like it was back in Spyro's Adventure. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#43 Posted: 01:50:27 30/07/2014
I am a ccompletionist when it comes to skylanders so will buy whatever figure I can afford it to unlock all the gates.
---
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#44 Posted: 02:06:48 30/07/2014
Quote: Snap Shot
I am a completionist when it comes to Skylanders so will buy whatever figure I can afford it to unlock all the gates.

When it comes to completing the in-game collection, I buy all the figures I could find and add them. Then I just return them to the store while keeping the ones I like more. For instance, I bought Krypt King (keeping him) and Wildfire (returning him later). For me to complete all three empty game files, I must play as Trap Masters of all eight different elements in order to access through Crystal Elemental Gates. And after all three game files become 100% complete, I'd sell the ones I don't want anymore while keeping the ones I consider as my most favorite.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#45 Posted: 02:56:32 30/07/2014

That would still be annoying, but it would be more innovative that a nonsensical gate that won't exist in the next game anyway.
---
#all Spyros are valid
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#46 Posted: 03:57:04 30/07/2014

I'm laughing! They really p*ssing in our faces at this point.
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#47 Posted: 04:02:00 30/07/2014
I am so tempted to start something up on this twitter feed....I swear...
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#48 Posted: 04:03:27 30/07/2014
Quote: GothamLord
I am so tempted to start something up on this twitter feed....I swear...

Me too but my twitter is meant strictly for business so I am fighting the urge to rip them a new one.
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#49 Posted: 04:11:08 30/07/2014
Well mine isnt...

*pulls up his wading boots*

I'm going in...
#50 Posted: 04:45:01 30/07/2014

I thought for sure there would be regular elemental gates too, but that tfb developer sealed the deal smilie

I'm disappointed in his "selling points" for cores since everything he says can be done by corelanders, giants, swaplanders, and traplanders.
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me