darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > trap team is the last skylanders game for the old wii
Page 1 of 1
trap team is the last skylanders game for the old wii
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#1 Posted: 17:05:53 27/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote:
One of only two games left to be released on Nintendo's last-gen console, is Skylanders: Trap Team for the Wii. Retailers will be quickly to discount the regular Wii version of the starter kit with a $75 asking price, and includ a download code for the Wii U version of the game in every box. This news tweet come directly from the game's official account.

link:
http://kotaku.com/buy-skylande...copy-1611686622

so next time people that own only the old wii will be forced to buy a new console, if they want to continue playing the new skylanders 5 game.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#2 Posted: 17:12:47 27/07/2014
It's about time, really. The Wii has been pretty dead for a looong time. Nice of them to include a digital copy of the Wii U version as well - hopefully it should help convince Wii-only owners to upgrade.
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#3 Posted: 17:42:37 27/07/2014
Dammit... the Wii is all I use and my dad will not upgrade. Ever.
---
now its time to get funky
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#4 Posted: 17:48:59 27/07/2014
I really hope that means we'll finally get right-stick camera control in the next game. Maybe something useful for the D-pad in the future.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#5 Posted: 18:00:35 27/07/2014
Quote: Nightmoon
I really hope that means we'll finally get right-stick camera control in the next game. Maybe something useful for the D-pad in the future.

I think that the Right Control Stick could be used to attack when it's pushed (e.g. if you moved it left, your Skylander will attack to the left, probably with its Primary Attack). They could also use the R3 and L3 (may vary from consoles) Buttons for a Tertiary Attack or Dash.

Here are the R3 and L3 buttons (K is R3, G is L3):
[User Posted Image]

However, they probably won't introduce any other Attacks/Controls into the franchise.
---
You can't handle MEMES
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#6 Posted: 18:10:54 27/07/2014
Quote: Toynerd14
Quote: xXBeavcoonXx
Dammit... the Wii is all I use and my dad will not upgrade. Ever.

Christmas is your best friend.

Simply ask for cash for christmas. Once you gather enough, upgrade with your money and redeem that free trap team code!
Punk Bomb Green Sparx Gems: 230
#7 Posted: 18:17:11 27/07/2014
It's two years too late, the Wii holds back the game's design.
---
Give me money!
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#8 Posted: 18:20:00 27/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Punk Bomb

i think we will get a real game changer with skylanders 5.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#9 Posted: 18:32:26 27/07/2014
No one is FORCED to buy a new console. But then again, people who are active gamers HAVE TO KNOW that games aren't going to be developed for a DEFUNC console.

Quote: CountMoneyBone
Quote: Punk Bomb

i think we will get a real game changer with skylanders 5.

Oh wait....we were promised that for #4.

Sounds reasonable, but this is a game targeted for kids who just came out of potty training. Don't think so.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:34:13 27/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
Punk Shock Blue Sparx Gems: 689
#10 Posted: 18:51:09 27/07/2014
Does the Wii portal work on Wii U? I might get the Wii version since it comes with the free download code for Wii U.
boomerfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1602
#11 Posted: 19:06:58 27/07/2014
thank goodness i'm getting a wii u for my birthday or christmas (trap team will be my last ever wii gamesmilie)
---
smilieBRING THE BOOM!smilie
#12 Posted: 19:28:05 27/07/2014
Quote: Punk Shock
Does the Wii portal work on Wii U? I might get the Wii version since it comes with the free download code for Wii U.

Yes. Wii, Wii U, PS3 and PS4 portals are interchangeable, and also work with PC. I've heard you can use the 3DS portal on these systems too, but the 3DS game does not accept the bigger portals. Only the Xbox portals are restricted to Microsoft systems (like all the others, it works on Windows PC). I'm not sure about the Battlegrounds (iOS) portal, but it's irrelevant anyway.
---
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#13 Posted: 19:40:52 27/07/2014
Wait, Skylanders sold the most on the Wii, right? This might hurt the sales of Skylanders 5. But hey, what do I know? Disney Infinity 2.0 is not going for a Wii release either.
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
#14 Posted: 01:12:58 28/07/2014
Quote: Failinhearts
Wait, Skylanders sold the most on the Wii, right? This might hurt the sales of Skylanders 5. But hey, what do I know? Disney Infinity 2.0 is not going for a Wii release either.

Absolutely has to be on the exec's minds. One of the reasons for the free download is to entice them to upgrade and at the same time give them stats on how many people took them up on the offer. I would bet if their data suggests people are still digging in on the Wii they'll still make the game on it.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#15 Posted: 02:25:49 28/07/2014
Good point.
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#16 Posted: 08:31:35 28/07/2014
This makes me sad. I hope the wii u becomes cheaper next year.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#17 Posted: 12:25:45 29/07/2014
AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#18 Posted: 14:36:29 29/07/2014
Nintendo should have stopped making Wii games a long time ago. That's one of my many reasons why I upgraded to the Wii U. Maybe someday Nintendo will end their Wii game-producing days and fully move on to the Wii U.
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#19 Posted: 15:02:06 29/07/2014
Nintendo stopped making Wii games long before the release of the Wii U. Some third parties didn't, though, because there was still profit to be made from releasing games for the Wii. Luckily, those profits are now dwindling to the point where said third party publishers/developers will move on and focus more on the newer platforms.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:02:38 29/07/2014 by FireMeowth
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#20 Posted: 15:34:07 29/07/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

Sounds reasonable, but this is a game targeted for kids who just came out of potty training. Don't think so.

My five year old uses the dual sticks like a champ for Infinity and Minecraft, and has for a couple years. Of course, he made it to the Mario Kart 8 finals in the Nintendo event at the mall recently, too (and soundly beat a bunch of older kids in the process). The kid that ended up winning gave the prize (a stuffed Mario) to him because he said he had "mad skills".

And speaking of that, he and his brother are currently enthralled by Infinity and going through all of the level packs and downloading user creations. It is looking more and more like Skylanders purchases are going to be taking a massive dip in my household this year. I'm really excited about the Marvel figures, they are all really great (except Green Goblin, why did they have to go with the Ultimate/TV version, classic is superior by far - and speaking of which, why can't the movies get him right either, what's wrong with a freakin' rubber mask? He doesn't need to be mutated or wear silly green armor). I might end up getting two Hulks, one for them to play with and one for my desk. After all, Hulk smash.

I personally think they go fixed camera for Skylanders for cinematic effect (it also lets you cheap out on scenery for things that cannot be seen, like the back of buildings and distant structures). It isn't a total cop out for kids, after all, God of War has always used fixed camera.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#21 Posted: 15:35:19 29/07/2014
Nintendo for the most part gave up on wii for its titles, but 3rd partys still make stuff.
#22 Posted: 15:44:34 29/07/2014
Quote: defpally
The kid that ended up winning gave the prize (a stuffed Mario) to him because he said he had "mad skills"

Very cool. That's skillz with a z, homey. smilie
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#23 Posted: 15:48:33 29/07/2014
it's more than the last SKYLANDERS game for wii, it's the last game for the wii period.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#24 Posted: 15:57:20 29/07/2014
It had to be done.
---
#25 Posted: 17:10:09 29/07/2014
Quote: defpally
Quote: GhostRoaster

My five year old uses the dual sticks like a champ for Infinity and Minecraft, and has for a couple years. Of course, he made it to the Mario Kart 8 finals in the Nintendo event at the mall recently, too (and soundly beat a bunch of older kids in the process). The kid that ended up winning gave the prize (a stuffed Mario) to him because he said he had "mad skills".

I personally think they go fixed camera for Skylanders for cinematic effect (it also lets you cheap out on scenery for things that cannot be seen, like the back of buildings and distant structures). It isn't a total cop out for kids, after all, God of War has always used fixed camera.

True, but God of War still has a use for the right-stick. Besides, I was thinking more like the LEGO games (excluding free-roaming of LEGO Batman 2 and later games), where the camera behaves similarly to Skylanders (preset angle), but with the possibility to move the camera further up/down/left/right, as opposed to the standard rotating camera. It's similar to how the Skylanders two-player camera moves to keep up with both characters at the same time.

Speaking of the LEGO games, Skylanders would greatly benefit from the two-player dynamic split-screen introduced in Lego Indiana Jones 2, and of course, kept in every subsequent game.
---
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#26 Posted: 17:38:09 29/07/2014
Yeah, but the Lego games on WiiU also added another alternative, you can play it so the gamepad player sees their view on the gamepad screen as well. You can also do the dynamic split screen thing as well (it is actually a bit hard to figure out that option, but it is there).

For those that aren't aware, in Lego games when you get separated the screen splits, but not in the normal way - the split actually cuts the screen intelligently, not just up and down - the break varies angle depending on what will give each player their best view and a general indication of the direction of the other player (if they are in front of you, the split is horizontal, off the the side it is split vertically, off at an angle, it is diagonal - and it moves as you move around).

If you like Lego games, I highly recommend Lego City for WiiU. It is best described as "Grand Theft Auto: Lego". A living, breathing city with tons to do and very widely varied areas (not just city blocks). It is probably the best Lego game of them all. It is aimed at the younger set though, so don't expect to go violent and bloody, and pedestrians are absolute acrobats at avoiding being run over by cars. It is completely single player though.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me