darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > 14 reasons why Vathek is in Skylanders Trap Team.
Page 1 of 1
14 reasons why Vathek is in Skylanders Trap Team.
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#1 Posted: 12:56:21 27/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Over time SO many people want Vathek trappable. A lot of people don't want him or don't think he will be in. As a HUGE Vathek fan myself I looked to find 12 reasons why he can be playable. I will add more facts if I find them.

1) He was planned to be a hero and Vathek has a bit more of a Skylander (playable) design.

2) He did fight in the 3DS so just move that fight to console versions.

3) He had a move set from his fight and I made one myself (Attack 1: Breath Fire Attack 2: Fold his wings to make a shield Attack 3: Fly)

4) He was shown in SSA and SG like Kaos and Chompy Mage

5) TFB is working on this game. They worked on SSA and SG were Vathek could be seen.

6) He is highly requested to come back and Activison listens to fans and Camo made it in that way in SSF.

7) Wolfgang is the only Undead villain and according to the Traptaniom Tray each element has 6 villains and we still have 5 more villains left for Undead and Vathek is Undead.

8) If Undead was filled he couldn't make it. But it isn't filled.

9) Captain Dreadbeard a adventure pack character was shown outside Pirate Sea's and is even in STT in Skylanders Academy. If they can use adventure pack characters outside the adventure packs then Vathek can work.

10) He is smaller than Shreadernaught, A playable villain.

11) Activision has proven with Kaos in SG that no matter what they can bring back a character even if trapped in stone or magic.

12) Villains dont have bios and all you would have to do is bring him back.

13) For every gimmick except Giants they always have a elf and a dragon. We still don't have dragon.

14) Almost all elements have 2 dragons. Undead only has one. He could be the new Undead dragon.

These reasons are why I believe we will have a playable Vathek. I could be right or wrong but I hope I convinced you somehow. let me know what you think about this list.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:00:33 27/07/2014 by GigaCamo
ShaneK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1736
#2 Posted: 13:13:12 27/07/2014
As much as I would like to see Vathek playable, not one item on the list is evidence.

To be fair you did say reasons he "can" be, but nothing here suggests he will be.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#3 Posted: 13:38:42 27/07/2014
Quote: GigaCamo
Over time SO many people want Vathek trappable. A lot of people don't want him or don't think he will be in. As a HUGE Vathek fan myself I looked to find 12 reasons why he can be playable. I will add more facts if I find them.

1) He was planned to be a hero and Vathek has a bit more of a Skylander (playable) design.

2) He did fight in the 3DS so just move that fight to console versions.

3) He had a move set from his fight and I made one myself (Attack 1: Breath Fire Attack 2: Fold his wings to make a shield Attack 3: Fly)

4) He was shown in SSA and SG like Kaos and Chompy Mage

5) TFB is working on this game. They worked on SSA and SG were Vathek could be seen.

6) He is highly requested to come back and Activison listens to fans and Camo made it in that way in SSF.

7) Wolfgang is the only Undead villain and according to the Traptaniom Tray each element has 6 villains and we still have 5 more villains left for Undead and Vathek is Undead.

8) If Undead was filled he couldn't make it. But it isn't filled.

9) Captain Dreadbeard a adventure pack character was shown outside Pirate Sea's and is even in STT in Skylanders Academy. If they can use adventure pack characters outside the adventure packs then Vathek can work.

10) He is smaller than Shreadernaught, A playable villain.

11) Activision has proven with Kaos in SG that no matter what they can bring back a character even if trapped in stone or magic.

12) Villains dont have bios and all you would have to do is bring him back.

13) For every gimmick except Giants they always have a elf and a dragon. We still don't have dragon.

14) Almost all elements have 2 dragons. Undead only has one. He could be the new Undead dragon.

These reasons are why I believe we will have a playable Vathek. I could be right or wrong but I hope I convinced you somehow. let me know what you think about this list.

Nice list. But some of the facts are not that precise:

8 doesn't count as another fact. I'ts just a different version of 7.

9) I believe that Captain Dreadbeard was already in SG, in the hub. I couldn't see a way Vathek could act as a NPC.

10) Villains are not restricted by sizes or shapes, like Skylanders are. They can be huge, or very small.

11) Kaos was petrified on Earth. Vathek wasn't even inside the Cloudcracker Prison, and was still in the Skylands.

12) We still don't know that.

13) I don't understand what you meant. SWAP Force doesn't have any elf, not even among the Cores, while Giants had Flashwing and Fright Rider. Moreover, we already have at least one dragon (Blades), and they could also add High Five.

That being said... I would love to play as Vethek too. He is an awesome character.
Even if it is more a wyvern, than a dragon... And that would make it even more unique. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Pheonix W Green Sparx Gems: 487
#4 Posted: 14:06:25 27/07/2014
Vathek <3<3<3<3<3
---
OBJECTION !
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#5 Posted: 14:17:24 27/07/2014
Biggest reason why I want him, he's voiced by Steve Blum. I could just see it now, Chop Chop and Vathek tag team!
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
Toynerd14 Ripto Gems: 95
#6 Posted: 14:25:03 27/07/2014
Quote: Failinhearts
Biggest reason why I want him, he's voiced by Steve Blum. I could just see it now, Chop Chop and Vathek tag team!

*epic fangasm*
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#7 Posted: 14:37:09 27/07/2014
"Almost all elements have 2 dragons"

Magic: Spyro only
Tech: Drobot only
Water: Zap only
Fire: Sunburn (and Fire Kraken, if he counts)
Undead: Cynder - [Insert Vathek here]
Life: Camo (possibly High Five/Buzzerker)
Air: Whirlwind and Blades
Earth: Bash and Flashwing

That's about half, not "almost all".
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
uttster13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2701
#8 Posted: 14:48:31 27/07/2014
Most of your facts are the same thing said twice or more.
But anyways, I would love to play as Vathek.
---
A story.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#9 Posted: 18:08:33 27/07/2014
Some of those facts are plausible, but alot of them are (like uttster said) repeated. However, they brought back Chompy Mage because people like him, so why not Vathek?
YerMomsFaceHere Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#10 Posted: 18:20:36 27/07/2014
14 reasons why I hope Vathek is in Skylanders Trap Team.
---
Sugar momma's , look no further!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:21:04 27/07/2014 by YerMomsFaceHere
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#11 Posted: 18:57:13 27/07/2014
It be cool to have a wyvern. :3 like vathek but hes a stone now by flavious
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
YerMomsFaceHere Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#12 Posted: 20:30:25 27/07/2014
To be quite honest.....the one thing that I like about the Skylanders series in general , over Disney Infinity, is pure and simple originality. The thinking into new characters and not re-hashing old ones. Its understandable that you get reposes and so on, but the next game deserves newer, fresher ideas. I'm a fan of out with the old , in with the new philosophy regarding tech. My kid , on the other hand, doesn't care as long as its "something new" not necessarily original. Of course, it's not his money he's spending , lol.
---
Sugar momma's , look no further!
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#13 Posted: 20:55:14 27/07/2014
Quote: YerMomsFaceHere
To be quite honest.....the one thing that I like about the Skylanders series in general , over Disney Infinity, is pure and simple originality. The thinking into new characters and not re-hashing old ones. Its understandable that you get reposes and so on, but the next game deserves newer, fresher ideas. I'm a fan of out with the old , in with the new philosophy regarding tech. My kid , on the other hand, doesn't care as long as its "something new" not necessarily original. Of course, it's not his money he's spending , lol.

I can see what you mean but I do feel like some characters have some elements of other Skylanders. But when a totally original character comes, it is really cool looking. In my opinion, I dunno, I like new ideas with Skylanders, especially when it comes to the gimmicks but I also can't help but give in to Infinity's charm as well. It's why i'm equally invested in both series. Plus seeing Hulk with Mabel's Kitten hands or Jack Skellington on a Light Cycle....

Glorious.
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#14 Posted: 08:25:35 28/07/2014
I would really want Vathek to be in TT, that would be a dragon villain playable!
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#15 Posted: 15:59:16 28/07/2014
Reading this list of "why I want" reminds me of how interesting it would be if they repurposed all previous adventure packs. As in, change their storyline slightly; remake them so you can catch the main baddie.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#16 Posted: 03:32:39 29/07/2014
Quote: Failinhearts

I thought he was voiced by Liam O'Brien? Not from any official source, just that he was credited in the first two games and it sounds similar to some other roles he's done.

I'm trying not to hope for specifics just to avoid disappointment. But I wish I could borrow Vathek and Dragonet from Dragon's Peak >:3
---
#all Spyros are valid
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#17 Posted: 06:38:01 29/07/2014
I want Vathlek in the game too, but these reasons...are...... No offence, a little blund.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#18 Posted: 12:26:23 29/07/2014
I recall reading a rumour about Vathek being in the Swop Force game too . I will save my enthusiasm until i see him with my own eyes .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
skylanderkids Yellow Sparx Gems: 1999
#19 Posted: 17:03:57 29/07/2014
Supposedly there is some sort of red dragon, but doesn't fit Vatheks description. Don't you think he'd be too large tor a trappable villain?
---
youtube.com/theskylanderboy
facebook.com/skylanderkids
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#20 Posted: 17:08:20 29/07/2014
Quote: skylanderkids
Supposedly there is some sort of red dragon, but doesn't fit Vatheks description. Don't you think he'd be too large tor a trappable villain?

Don't do the Ridley route....
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#21 Posted: 17:21:01 29/07/2014
Quote: skylanderkids

I this he would be a bit smaller than the Shrednaught...
But... Wait... A red dragon...? As a villain...?
Skylander Dad... Did you see something interesting on the Trap Box, that we didn't see...? smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#22 Posted: 19:13:28 29/07/2014
Vathek is not smaller than shrednaught. What red dragon I have watched all of the skylander boy and girl videos
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
jckelsall Blue Sparx Gems: 624
#23 Posted: 19:56:31 29/07/2014
Guys... there was a fire dragon that was supposed to be one of the Spyro's Kingdom characters before it became skylanders (and he was changed to Spyro). Could it be that this is the red dragon?
#24 Posted: 20:10:43 29/07/2014
Quote: jckelsall
Guys... there was a fire dragon that was supposed to be one of the Spyro's Kingdom characters before it became skylanders (and he was changed to Spyro). Could it be that this is the red dragon?

Yeah, probably he was referring to that character, or maybe even to Flavius. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#25 Posted: 08:34:32 30/07/2014
They wouldn't have Flavius, he was a helpful NPC, whereas Vathek was the main enemy for Dragons Peak, so could be a villain.
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#26 Posted: 10:17:08 30/07/2014

Are you talking about buckshot? Red dragon from spyros kingdom
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
#27 Posted: 11:44:49 30/07/2014
They didn't give the Spyro's Kingdom dragon a name did they?
Here's a picture of the one I'm talking about:
[User Posted Image]
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#28 Posted: 13:24:49 30/07/2014
They didn't give the Spyro's Kingdom dragon a name did they?
Here's a picture of the one I'm talking about:
[User Posted Image]

his name was red dragon just like bash was rock dragon, boomer was boom troll and, ghost roaster was ghost eater
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#29 Posted: 17:49:53 30/07/2014
[User Posted Image]

I was more inclined to think he was repurposed as Flavius anyways but then you have that.
#30 Posted: 12:04:00 31/07/2014
I believe that was on of the character models left in the game code from Spyro's Kingdom, not neccesarily contradicting your point that he may have been remodeled into Flavius.
As far as I know, the model was left in the game engine's code until they remade the game engine for Swap Force, so the model appeared in both Spyro's Adventure and Giants, but technically wasn't usable without some form of data modification.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me