Page 1 of 1
Kid Reporter Is Back
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#1 Posted: 23:34:58 25/07/2014 | Topic Creator
http://youtu.be/C_nJN6hGfqk

Now for a comic con video 1:03 You can see blades but the guy says no you weren't supposed to see that
---
"Taking Charge"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:37:48 25/07/2014 by GIANTSRULE
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#2 Posted: 23:38:49 25/07/2014
am I th only one who noticed blades was on the table and then a activision guy pulls him off the table and says " oops you weren't supposed to see that"
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#3 Posted: 23:42:03 25/07/2014 | Topic Creator
No i posted about that 1:03
---
"Taking Charge"
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5289
#4 Posted: 23:53:00 25/07/2014
Also next to the chompy mage it shows a normal chompy it was not there before we be trappin' chompies up in here?
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#5 Posted: 23:53:18 25/07/2014
They are mocking us, I can just feel it...
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#6 Posted: 00:29:11 26/07/2014
I think kid reporter said it best...

*yawn*
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#7 Posted: 11:32:02 26/07/2014
Come on. I wanted to see Blades at Comic Con. Now showing him for 2 seconds and not suppose to know about him is insulting to me. Guess I can wait.
#8 Posted: 12:13:39 26/07/2014
Quote: sprocketrocket
am I th only one who noticed blades was on the table and then a activision guy pulls him off the table and says " oops you weren't supposed to see that"

Quote: ninja9351
They are mocking us, I can just feel it...

Yep...pretty much. Everyone out of the skylanders age bracket...depart. Let's see if they got their market demographics correctly, since the rest of us "don't matter."
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Chibilove Green Sparx Gems: 400
#9 Posted: 12:56:54 26/07/2014
i love that kids laugh. its the cutest thing ever!
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ChibiMadness&sclick=1
Loneliness is a disease that can lead to death They might as well be the same thing
#10 Posted: 13:51:14 26/07/2014
She is adorable, I'll give you that.
---
ShaneK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1736
#11 Posted: 21:26:26 26/07/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

Quote: LloydDXZX

nothing new in this. And its the last day smilie

0:55 unreal, look at the lady's reaction.

This girl is not adorable, she is horrid.
stealth Yellow Sparx Gems: 1040
#12 Posted: 00:16:03 27/07/2014
Quote: ShaneK

To be quite honest she really annoys me, I don't find her disrespectful attitude (scripted or not) cute or adorable in any way.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:23:18 27/07/2014 by stealth
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#13 Posted: 01:40:47 27/07/2014
Yeah... this is the only video of her I saw and I don't like her.
---
now its time to get funky
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#14 Posted: 03:23:48 27/07/2014
So what Activision employee has dirt on a CEO that is allowing their daughter to continue to get to make these videos?
#15 Posted: 05:11:15 27/07/2014
It's all scripted...kids are supposed to be annoying. We get practice here don't we?

[User Posted Image]
---
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#16 Posted: 17:37:13 27/07/2014
Quote: stealth
Quote: ShaneK

To be quite honest she really annoys me, I don't find her disrespectful attitude (scripted or not) cute or adorable in any way.

Agreed, she is ridiculously annoying. I hated her in the last set of videos as well. Would have rather they kept the boy, since he wasn't the obnoxious one.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
#17 Posted: 18:15:51 27/07/2014
We got it!

[User Posted Image]
---
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#18 Posted: 21:48:54 28/07/2014

Here's part 3 and now I'm getting all the hate on her. I get she's teasing, but does she have to sound like an instigator?! She just pesters everybody and acts like she wants to crawl in these guys' skins. She can be playful, but she shouldn't get so personal with these people.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#19 Posted: 22:18:22 28/07/2014
Oh my. The PC Squad will be arriving in 3...2....1...

Nerds Rights Alliance (NRA) will be submitting a legal claim against Activision for defaming the nerds...they have rights too.

But yeah....she turned up the sarcasm to level 11. But hey---if you can't get anyone to hype your game, be controversial!
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 22:28:14 28/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
uttster13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2701
#20 Posted: 22:23:24 28/07/2014
I wonder how many clips of people being offended or grown men crying they had to cut.
---
A story.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#21 Posted: 22:39:08 28/07/2014
IKR?! This girl is just getting too personal now and is now just coming off as offensive. I thought she was being annoying before, but now this is just being plain mean to people now. She really needs to just ask normal questions and quit the petty insults to everyone.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#22 Posted: 22:48:49 28/07/2014
Given Activision's actions regarding fans and YouTube videos and the fact that her scripts are probably pre-written, it would seem pretty clear the stance on Activison's opinion of their fanbase at current.
Slobbertooth123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#23 Posted: 22:56:40 28/07/2014
I really dislike this "kid reporter". She is so obnoxious and rude to everyone in the newest video. I can see the guy with the avenger minecraft shirt crying after the girl talked to him. Seriously who talks like that to adults u don't even know.
---
Hey everyone exicted for trap team
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#24 Posted: 23:00:16 28/07/2014
Seriously, it's not the little girls fault. She just doing what Activision asked her to do.

Plus, the videos are probably scripted anyway.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:10:54 28/07/2014 by spyrocrash
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#25 Posted: 23:16:27 28/07/2014
Quote: GothamLord
Given Activision's actions regarding fans and YouTube videos and the fact that her scripts are probably pre-written, it would seem pretty clear the stance on Activison's opinion of their fanbase at current.

IT was clear from the beginning they don't rate or want us. They only want our money for the bare minimum (not that hard to appeal to kids).
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#26 Posted: 23:18:49 28/07/2014
pre-written script kiddie does what pre-written script kiddie does... no point in watching these videos, its all fake. they should have hired GothamLord, he would have given a honest act with no script needed.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#27 Posted: 23:25:01 28/07/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
they should have hired GothamLord

Too old.
#28 Posted: 23:28:33 28/07/2014
I'll gladly take a job. smilie And Hey! I look young for my age if I shaved...
Slobbertooth123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#29 Posted: 23:33:53 28/07/2014
Yea I feel they should have an older non scripted reporter who would get us information. Like gothamlord or any of us here.
---
Hey everyone exicted for trap team
#30 Posted: 23:36:29 28/07/2014
One day I might actually break down and start recording videos on YouTube. I have a channel sitting there I have never done anything with.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#31 Posted: 23:48:25 28/07/2014
One day I might actually break down and start recording videos on YouTube. I have a channel sitting there I have never done anything with.

https://www.youtube.com/channe...blDls9Z6GERVi1A

you could do something like screen junkies do... a honest video of skylanders. i would watch that.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#32 Posted: 00:39:40 29/07/2014
Quote: Hexin_Wishes

Too old.

You're never too old. It might get creepy, sure...but you're never too old.
---
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#33 Posted: 00:46:27 29/07/2014

Remove the probably please smilie they are certainly pre-written smilie
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
#34 Posted: 00:56:08 29/07/2014

Too old.

You're never too old. It might get creepy, sure...but you're never too old.

Well if I'm interviewing adults it should be fine. People do that all the time. Interviewing kids might come across as weird.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#35 Posted: 01:15:03 29/07/2014
*hides behind flame shield* I only watched the first set of videos, but I liked how they acted there... Though it sounds like they didn't address one of my main issues with it, that they glossed over a lot of the new info...
honest video of skylanders.

In a world... Where a magical purple dragon is turned into a toy and reposed every year!
#36 Posted: 01:32:32 29/07/2014
The target audience is children. That's why they used an annoying little brat to demean the adult comic-con attendees as promo. The children are Activision's priority in regards to marketing; all the promotional material will be aimed at them. The rest of us older people will find out when they want us to.
#37 Posted: 03:51:38 29/07/2014
Back in my day... *cue flashback scene*

[User Posted Image]

If I ever talked like that to an adult, my parents would have probably given me a proper whomping. Given the practice of spanking and what not is mostly frowned upon these days, but discipline should still exist. Of course I also have a issue with Skylander Boy and Girl with the "epic unboxing" stuff. I was taught to take care of my toys. Not to risk blowing them up with fireworks, shooting them with crossbows, etc. I still can't honestly believe someone thought letting a 9yr old be so disrespectful to a bunch of adults was good promotional material. We get reminded over and over, their target is kids. So now all these kids see this girl being a brat to a bunch of adults and starts talking to adults that way. Good job on the further degradation of the moral fiber of the world's youth Activision.

Of course now I'm actually considering trying to sit down and record some stuff. I dont really have much though at the moment in terms of recording devices beyond the camera on my computer, or my phone. Might be amusing though if nothing else.

Now get off my lawn you whippersnappers.
ShaneK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1736
#38 Posted: 12:20:16 29/07/2014
The target audience is children. That's why they used an annoying little brat to demean the adult comic-con attendees as promo. The children are Activision's priority in regards to marketing; all the promotional material will be aimed at them. The rest of us older people will find out when they want us to.

As a parent of an 8 year old child, I have a lot of control over games he plays.

This really makes me want to distance him from the franchise, I think the Skylander Kids are great role models - this little lady, not so much. And yes, it is a package deal.
eruptshake137 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1436
#39 Posted: 13:55:07 29/07/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster617

Here's part 3 and now I'm getting all the hate on her. I get she's teasing, but does she have to sound like an instigator?! She just pesters everybody and acts like she wants to crawl in these guys' skins. She can be playful, but she shouldn't get so personal with these people.

I can't stand her.....

BUT DID ANYONE SEE THAT GAMORA COSTUME
---
Prepare for trouble. Make it double.

CATS
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#40 Posted: 17:19:10 29/07/2014

[User Posted Image]

If I ever talked like that to an adult, my parents would have probably given me a proper whomping. Given the practice of spanking and what not is mostly frowned upon these days, but discipline should still exist. Of course I also have a issue with Skylander Boy and Girl with the "epic unboxing" stuff. I was taught to take care of my toys. Not to risk blowing them up with fireworks, shooting them with crossbows, etc. I still can't honestly believe someone thought letting a 9yr old be so disrespectful to a bunch of adults was good promotional material. We get reminded over and over, their target is kids. So now all these kids see this girl being a brat to a bunch of adults and starts talking to adults that way. Good job on the further degradation of the moral fiber of the world's youth Activision.

Of course now I'm actually considering trying to sit down and record some stuff. I dont really have much though at the moment in terms of recording devices beyond the camera on my computer, or my phone. Might be amusing though if nothing else.

Well when we were kids (I was born in the 80's anyway) we weren't "precious little snowflakes". We didn't need to all be winners and we sure didn't live in a world where everyone thought that anything we did was perfect. Adults were authority figures and you were expected to be respectful or face the consequences.

Watch any of the crap shown on Disney these days. Adults are made to look dumb or wrong compared to the children, at least in the live action type shows they produce. Trust me, I probably wouldn't let my kids watch most of what's on TV because a lot of shows let them know it's ok to be disrespectful to adults and make them feel like they know better. I'd probably buy acceptable shows for my kids on DVD and not bother to have cable at all... but that's just me.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
#41 Posted: 18:10:44 29/07/2014
GothamLord, I definitely agree with your comments. I guess I'm just an old fashioned fuddy duddy. We'll see how the next wave of entitled brats does. I'm breaking with tradition at times, but the basic moral fiber seems to be breaking apart at the seams.

Maybe we should just ignore the upcoming apocalypse of morality and play more Skylanders.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:13:01 29/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#42 Posted: 18:19:55 29/07/2014
Quote: Eggers

[User Posted Image]

Well when we were kids (I was born in the 80's anyway) we weren't "precious little snowflakes". We didn't need to all be winners and we sure didn't live in a world where everyone thought that anything we did was perfect. Adults were authority figures and you were expected to be respectful or face the consequences.

Watch any of the crap shown on Disney these days. Adults are made to look dumb or wrong compared to the children, at least in the live action type shows they produce. Trust me, I probably wouldn't let my kids watch most of what's on TV because a lot of shows let them know it's ok to be disrespectful to adults and make them feel like they know better. I'd probably buy acceptable shows for my kids on DVD and not bother to have cable at all... but that's just me.

Like my nickname suggest, I was born in the 90's.
I have NEVER been perfect, to the eye of my parents, nor was what I ever did. When I did good things, I was treated good. When I did bad ones, I was treated consequently.
Mosts of the cartoons I watched are still being broadcasted, mostly on CN.
I always tried to be respectful to my parents... But sometimes the so called "adults" are really more childish than kids themselves. My dad beated me only two times. And when he did that, we bot knew he was COMPLETELY wrong. Kids, starting already from 5 or 6 years old are not animals or idiots. They are persons. You can talk to them, and make them understand what's wrong with what they are doing.
If you beat them, you are automatically wrong.
Respect your children and they will respect you.
Respect is NOT something you can take for granted. It must be earned.

And please, stop talking about spanking your children.

We are no more in the 50's, you know? smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#43 Posted: 23:27:15 29/07/2014
Apparently reading skills were better in the 50's. I didn't read what you thought you did.
---
Punk Bomb Green Sparx Gems: 230
#44 Posted: 23:31:19 29/07/2014
Apparently reading skills were better in the 50's. I didn't read what you thought you did.

Was there a glitch in reality or am I inclined to agree with you.
---
Give me money!
#45 Posted: 00:38:21 30/07/2014

I know what I read.
I tried to focus more on the "respect" part of the post, rather than the "kids now are all mean because of the shows they watch" one.

Maybe you are right about the reading skill, but I don't think there was much more to do, at that time, to keep yourself entertained... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#46 Posted: 01:32:24 30/07/2014
Quote: Drek95

[User Posted Image]

I have NEVER been perfect, to the eye of my parents, nor was what I ever did. When I did good things, I was treated good. When I did bad ones, I was treated consequently.
I always tried to be respectful to my parents... But sometimes the so called "adults" are really more childish than kids themselves. My dad beated me only two times. And when he did that, we bot knew he was COMPLETELY wrong. Kids, starting already from 5 or 6 years old are not animals or idiots. They are persons. You can talk to them, and make them understand what's wrong with what they are doing.

Beat and spank are two totally different things. Beating is repetitively striking a child until they are brusised and hurt for an extended period of time. Spanking is hitting a child 3 or 4 times just to make them realize they have done something wrong. Talking is ok but the problem lies with 2 year olds. An2 year old won't compleatly understand you if you talk to him so the only way to make him realize that he or she has to do what you say is to inflict minor pain. After age 5 however a child is fully capable of understanding you and spanking should be stopped. I have a problem with letting kids win or praising every little thing. It actually caused me to be weaker emotionally in the long run. I take insults much more personally than others, and feel EXTREMELY bad when I do any little thing wrong, because I was made extremely sensitive. People think I'm gay because of this. While there's nothing wrong with being gay in my opinion I still am hurt when people call me gay as I am not. My point is attachment parenting is not ok. Watch Honey Boo Boo Gothem you will die inside I promise. That's the opposite problem. There is a perfect zone in my opinion for raising kids. That's where the term over and under protective parenting came from. Now granted I'm a kid myself who obviously doesn't have kids but this is just my $0.02.
---
#47 Posted: 07:17:50 30/07/2014
Quote: ninja9351
Quote: Drek95

Beat and spank are two totally different things. Beating is repetitively striking a child until they are brusised and hurt for an extended period of time. Spanking is hitting a child 3 or 4 times just to make them realize they have done something wrong. Talking is ok but the problem lies with 2 year olds. An2 year old won't compleatly understand you if you talk to him so the only way to make him realize that he or she has to do what you say is to inflict minor pain. After age 5 however a child is fully capable of understanding you and spanking should be stopped. I have a problem with letting kids win or praising every little thing. It actually caused me to be weaker emotionally in the long run. I take insults much more personally than others, and feel EXTREMELY bad when I do any little thing wrong, because I was made extremely sensitive. People think I'm gay because of this. While there's nothing wrong with being gay in my opinion I still am hurt when people call me gay as I am not. My point is attachment parenting is not ok. Watch Honey Boo Boo Gothem you will die inside I promise. That's the opposite problem. There is a perfect zone in my opinion for raising kids. That's where the term over and under protective parenting came from. Now granted I'm a kid myself who obviously doesn't have kids but this is just my $0.02.

Sorry, didn't know that the difference between "beating" and "spanking" was so huge... You know, english is not my first language, and I still have a lot to learn...
I agree with all you have said... But I still don't understand why a lot of people here get to hate that girl so much... I mean, she only uses sarcasm, and I'm sure a lot of users on this forum use it too...
Calm down. It's ok to say you don't like those videos, or the girl itself, but I don't think she should deserve any hate...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#48 Posted: 07:45:10 30/07/2014
The sarcasm was fine with the first couple videos. It was annoying at some points but certainly tolerable. The latest one was not sarcasm, it was to the point of being disrespectful and offensively impolite. It would be horrible enough for an adult to me making the remarks to another adult. For a child however to say them comes across as a blatant lack of respect for ones elders.

I get shes acting on a SCRIPT. I dont blame her fully. Rob on CoinOp even mentioned meeting her and how shy she is outside of these videos. I hate more the message it sends to the kids its being promoted to.
#49 Posted: 18:10:35 30/07/2014
The sarcasm was fine with the first couple videos. It was annoying at some points but certainly tolerable. The latest one was not sarcasm, it was to the point of being disrespectful and offensively impolite. It would be horrible enough for an adult to me making the remarks to another adult. For a child however to say them comes across as a blatant lack of respect for ones elders.

I get shes acting on a SCRIPT. I dont blame her fully. Rob on CoinOp even mentioned meeting her and how shy she is outside of these videos. I hate more the message it sends to the kids its being promoted to.

Same here dude, same here.

Edit: Sorry Drek95 I didn't relize that English wasn't you first language considering you can usually type it pretty well.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:12:22 30/07/2014 by ninja9351
#50 Posted: 19:31:24 30/07/2014
The marketing team obviously thinks this is still the 90s and it's cool/funny to make fun of "nerds".
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me