Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V2!
First | Previous | Page 7 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 48 49 50
The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V2! [CLOSED]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#301 Posted: 13:30:59 29/08/2014
Can't believe they missed a "Shulk Smash!" pun. smilie
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#302 Posted: 17:32:04 29/08/2014
Did I see a brief moment in the trailer where Shulk was in his underwear? Please let that be an alt costume!
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#303 Posted: 17:40:25 29/08/2014
Quote: Seiki
Did I see a brief moment in the trailer where Shulk was in his underwear? Please let that be an alt costume!

[User Posted Image]

-----
---
#304 Posted: 17:45:05 29/08/2014
Quote: sonicbrawler182

[User Posted Image]

-----

YES!!!! I am suddenly so hyped for guy I know nothing about. :D

That costume is getting added to my list of mains.
-Rosalina
-Underwear Shulk
-Blue Kirby
-ROB
-Game & Watch
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:59:09 29/08/2014 by Seiki
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#305 Posted: 18:12:14 29/08/2014
Nice to see them even out the fanservice after Zero Suit Samus's alt costumes. :P
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#306 Posted: 18:14:20 29/08/2014
I'm starting to worry about Ice Climbers. The game just won't be the same without them.
#307 Posted: 18:25:43 29/08/2014
I found a full render of Shulk. :3

[User Posted Image]
---
Grimslinger91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#308 Posted: 20:22:03 29/08/2014
The leak is real! He had the same smashes as the leaked one! Also,Reyn called. He wants his clock back.
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7399
#309 Posted: 20:36:03 29/08/2014
Well then... looks like the link is real, or at least Shulk is real. I wonder what will happen next in terms of reveals etc relating to the leak.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#310 Posted: 20:38:58 29/08/2014
I'm a bit late, but comparing the Shulk art to the art in the leak...the leak is real.
Dark Pit is real. Accept it guys!
WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH ALL THIS HATE?
Dark Pit CLEARLY has a different weapon than Pit! The Dark Pit Staff! If any of you know anything about Uprising, and even if you don't, you'll know that Staffs are very much different from Bows. They're more suited to ranged attacks compared to the Bow's balanced gameplay. Meaning for Dark Pit, his playstyle will be very hit and run compared to Pit's slice-and-dice with an arrow thrown in here and there.
Plus, do you UNDERSTAND the potential? Pit uses Guardian Orbitars and an Upperdash Arm for special moves. Uprising has 9 weapon types and at least 12 of each kind. Dark Pit could be equipped with any of those instead, for crying out loud! Not to mention customizable moves!
I asked my friend to tell me the difference between Dr. Mario and Mario. He groaned, first off, then proceeded to tell me the difference between tilts, Smashes, airs, etc. Even if it's a subtle change, it'll be a change. Even a difference in damage or hitbox could affect which attack is good for him.
You guys are just seeing his face and saying "Oh, a black Pit. Clone." and not giving him a chance or looking at the details. I can guarantee that their body shape will be the only thing similar about them.
As for HCI...
What is your problem? What does "Pittoo" have to do with anything? What does anything you said have to do with anything?! Does character really have that big of an impact in Smash? I'm sure I won't see Shulk going around saying "Hi, Pittoo!" in combat. And Dark Pit is the way he is because of the Mirror of Truth. It takes the dark side of a viewer's soul and duplicates it in a similar form. I thought you knew about this! I don't know any other way Dark Pit could have come into being the way you interpret him to be. Pit doesn't have a tail, why should Dark Pit have a devil tail? Give me a good storyline branch of Uprising where a "devil Pit" could've happened. I think the Mirror of Truth was a darn good subplot.
I don't care if you hate Dark Pit. What I wrote up there is my thoughts on your arguments. I may or may not change your opinion, I don't care. But if you're letting your hate for the character cloud the way you see him in Smash, then I feel bad for you. If I only picked and used characters I liked, I'd be maining Yoshi, and wouldn't have given Pit a second thought. That scares me to think about, honestly.

Quote: mrdarkspyro
Quote: Arc of Archives
I've played KIU and know Dark Pit has a different personality but I don't think he, Lucina or Doc are big enough to warrant having their own spots on the roster rather than being alts.

Especially Dark Pit, since he's LITERALLY a clone of Pit in the game and I don't think KIU deserves three reps (DK is more significant and only has 2, unless the Dixie rumours are true, which I doubt).

I don't mind having extra clones if we wouldn't get new characters anyway, I'm just saying I think Dark Pit is the most unneeded and least interesting of the newcomers.

Do not let ShadowMewX see this! She will make this tread look like a war happened here!

Guestbook.
*loads Dark Pit Staff and raises Mirror Shield*
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
#311 Posted: 20:49:52 29/08/2014
Quote: ShadowMewX
I'm a bit late, but comparing the Shulk art to the art in the leak...the leak is real.
Dark Pit is real. Accept it guys!
WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH ALL THIS HATE?
Dark Pit CLEARLY has a different weapon than Pit! The Dark Pit Staff! If any of you know anything about Uprising, and even if you don't, you'll know that Staffs are very much different from Bows. They're more suited to ranged attacks compared to the Bow's balanced gameplay. Meaning for Dark Pit, his playstyle will be very hit and run compared to Pit's slice-and-dice with an arrow thrown in here and there.
Plus, do you UNDERSTAND the potential? Pit uses Guardian Orbitars and an Upperdash Arm for special moves. Uprising has 9 weapon types and at least 12 of each kind. Dark Pit could be equipped with any of those instead, for crying out loud! Not to mention customizable moves!
I asked my friend to tell me the difference between Dr. Mario and Mario. He groaned, first off, then proceeded to tell me the difference between tilts, Smashes, airs, etc. Even if it's a subtle change, it'll be a change. Even a difference in damage or hitbox could affect which attack is good for him.
You guys are just seeing his face and saying "Oh, a black Pit. Clone." and not giving him a chance or looking at the details. I can guarantee that their body shape will be the only thing similar about them.
As for HCI...
What is your problem? What does "Pittoo" have to do with anything? What does anything you said have to do with anything?! Does character really have that big of an impact in Smash? I'm sure I won't see Shulk going around saying "Hi, Pittoo!" in combat. And Dark Pit is the way he is because of the Mirror of Truth. It takes the dark side of a viewer's soul and duplicates it in a similar form. I thought you knew about this! I don't know any other way Dark Pit could have come into being the way you interpret him to be. Pit doesn't have a tail, why should Dark Pit have a devil tail? Give me a good storyline branch of Uprising where a "devil Pit" could've happened. I think the Mirror of Truth was a darn good subplot.
I don't care if you hate Dark Pit. What I wrote up there is my thoughts on your arguments. I may or may not change your opinion, I don't care. But if you're letting your hate for the character cloud the way you see him in Smash, then I feel bad for you. If I only picked and used characters I liked, I'd be maining Yoshi, and wouldn't have given Pit a second thought. That scares me to think about, honestly.

Quote: mrdarkspyro
Quote: Arc of Archives
I've played KIU and know Dark Pit has a different personality but I don't think he, Lucina or Doc are big enough to warrant having their own spots on the roster rather than being alts.

Especially Dark Pit, since he's LITERALLY a clone of Pit in the game and I don't think KIU deserves three reps (DK is more significant and only has 2, unless the Dixie rumours are true, which I doubt).

I don't mind having extra clones if we wouldn't get new characters anyway, I'm just saying I think Dark Pit is the most unneeded and least interesting of the newcomers.

Do not let ShadowMewX see this! She will make this tread look like a war happened here!

Guestbook.
*loads Dark Pit Staff and raises Mirror Shield*

I have absolutely nothing against Dark Pit. He might just focus on his staff. So,he might not be a clone.
#312 Posted: 21:07:02 29/08/2014
My problem with Dark Pit is much like Toon Link - he's a character I like a lot, but despite his similar appearance to another character, he COULD have a really unique and different moveset, but he won't. He's grouped with the clones.
---
#313 Posted: 21:07:34 29/08/2014
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
Quote: Grimslinger91
The leak is real. The leaker got fired and he was a NOA employee who is getting sued for $20 Million. I feel bad for him.

Where's your source of the "$20 million lawsuit"? Only thing on the interwebs is him getting sued, but nothing shows for how much.

Gamefaqs users who got their info from Gonintendo and Gameranx.
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#314 Posted: 21:18:58 29/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, leak confirmed! I'm glad Shulk's in the game for his fans..

Changed the OP again.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#315 Posted: 21:21:55 29/08/2014
Never played Xenoblade. *Goes to Gamestop*
#316 Posted: 21:58:01 29/08/2014
Quote: LunarDistortion
Well, leak confirmed! I'm glad Shulk's in the game for his fans..

Changed the OP again.

I've wanted him in since I got his game,which was almost 2 months ago. He looks amazing.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#317 Posted: 22:24:22 29/08/2014
Well, a new swordsman that is actually different, could be interesting.

Also, why am I always the comic relief? Always the punching bag? Ugh.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#318 Posted: 22:30:55 29/08/2014 | Topic Creator
A lot of info today. A lot of stuff the leak confirmed as well!

Assist Trophies
Pokemon
Items

Dr. Kawashima confirmed for Assist!

[User Posted Image]

Zoroark, among others, confirmed for Pokeball.

[User Posted Image]

We also know what a lot of items do from the Items section.

We have a new Club Nintendo offer, buy both 3DS and Wii U versions and register them to get an exclusive CD!

Club Nintendo Offer!

Then there is this video which shows absolutely TONS. I can't show it all here so i'll just list off a few things to look out for while you watch...

-Corneria
-N's Castle
-Distant Planet
-Final Destination
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
-Possible Boss Battles (3:35)
Kirby Custom Moves
Ganondorf (0:56)

Where's Ganon you say? Here he is!

[User Posted Image]

Adding everything to the OP.
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#319 Posted: 22:50:55 29/08/2014
Yay another character I don't know!
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#320 Posted: 00:22:53 30/08/2014
Re: Shulk
Huzzah, Nintendo's giving Xenoblade Chronicles and Monolith Soft the attention it deserves. I'd be really happy if this didn't pretty much just confirm the leak. So, uh...
[User Posted Image]
"Nnnnnnggggoooooooooooooooo! Why can't we have nice things?"

Re: Dark Pit thing
Going on the logic that the leak is real, why are people so surprised about this? If the past has taught us anything, it's that Sakurai does tend to heavily reference his previous works in creating new games. Kirby Air Ride took a number of aesthetic, design, and interface cues from Melee. Then the Kirby series's influence was everywhere in Brawl. Not to mention the favoritism shown toward Meta Knight (gameplay-wise) and Kirby and King Dedede (both story-wise) And his next game, Kid Icarus: Uprising, had Brawl's influence all over the place. I was fully expecting Smash 4 to be chock full of things tweaked from Uprising. So I when Magnus went out the window as a playable character, I immediately started suspecting Dark Pit might somehow get it.

Re: Club Nintendo promotion
Please don't be Japan-only. Please don't be Japan-only. Please don't be Japan-only. I realize 2 discs is ~160 minutes of music, which is nowhere near all of it. But HOLY SMOKES I NEEEEEED DIS SOUNDTRACK IN MY LIFE.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#321 Posted: 00:28:54 30/08/2014
Quote: HIR

Re: Club Nintendo promotion
Please don't be Japan-only. Please don't be Japan-only. Please don't be Japan-only. I realize 2 discs is ~160 minutes of music, which is nowhere near all of it. But HOLY SMOKES I NEEEEEED DIS SOUNDTRACK IN MY LIFE[/url]

Yyusnisihsnunuisssssssss

That m and l dt preview

must get 1 hour version
---
My life is complete.
#322 Posted: 00:35:26 30/08/2014
The Club Nintendo promotion is worldwide. It's advertised on the official site in all regions.
---
#323 Posted: 00:37:22 30/08/2014
The Club Nintendo promotion is worldwide. It's advertised on the official site in all regions.

[User Posted Image]
---
#324 Posted: 01:05:55 30/08/2014
Am I the only one here who owns Xenoblade? Anyways,Riki looks like an Assist Trophy.
#325 Posted: 01:08:24 30/08/2014

[User Posted Image]

Everybody is gonna have stripper alts. First Samus, then Shulk, and then the world!
#326 Posted: 01:36:46 30/08/2014
Bikini Rosalina or we riot.

[User Posted Image]
---
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#327 Posted: 01:41:47 30/08/2014
Quote: somePerson

*Almost naked Shulk*

Everybody is gonna have stripper alts. First Samus, then Shulk, and then the world!

If everybody's gonna get a stripper alt, I fear for Wario's.

And how is Mr. Game and Watch supposed to work?
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:57:33 30/08/2014 by awesomerockets
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8246
#328 Posted: 01:56:05 30/08/2014
Quote: Sesshomaru75

[User Posted Image]

I'd **** hi- *cough* Err.. I mean holy smokes... smilie

...That didn't make any sense... A character can be a jackass and you can still like them, so what the **** are you smoking?

He also has a Britsih/Cockney accent.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:17:55 30/08/2014 by HeyitsHotDog
#329 Posted: 02:03:28 30/08/2014
Pit is a generic Anime character. Strong, energetic, optimistic, and when he can't overcome the challenge the plot has his back.
#330 Posted: 03:05:33 30/08/2014
Wait, wait, wait, isn't Shulk's *cough* "interesting" alternate skin based off an actual armor option in Xenoblade? Or am I really that crazy? <.< >.>
---
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#331 Posted: 03:38:23 30/08/2014
Bikini Rosalina or we riot.

[User Posted Image]

I think my nose bled for a second, yep totally did
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#332 Posted: 10:54:26 30/08/2014
Does anyone know if there's going to be an option to use the D-pad instead of the Circle Pad? I don't know what taunts do (I don't think they do anything), but I don't think I'm going to be using them, and my Circle Pad doesn't work very well.
---
You can't handle MEMES
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#333 Posted: 11:55:06 30/08/2014
What? Where the hell did my second rant go about Dark Pit?

MODSSSSSSSSSS

(Specifically HIRRRRRRR)

also Bandana Dee will be in smash

EDIT: I either missed it the first time or someone put it back if possible...
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:35:47 30/08/2014 by hardcoreignitor
#334 Posted: 12:25:40 30/08/2014
My email said the game comes out on October 3rd midnight for 3DS.
#335 Posted: 12:31:25 30/08/2014
Wait, wait, wait, isn't Shulk's *cough* "interesting" alternate skin based off an actual armor option in Xenoblade? Or am I really that crazy? <.< >.>

Apparently it is. I know it's in the game, but I didn't hear of it being an armour option. I assumed it had something to do with like a special cutscene or something.
---
#336 Posted: 15:29:25 30/08/2014

Apparently it is. I know it's in the game, but I didn't hear of it being an armour option. I assumed it had something to do with like a special cutscene or something.

I'm pretty sure that it's not an armor piece. Maybe a cutscene. I'm not too far in the game. But I do have Dunban so I know about him.
#337 Posted: 15:48:19 30/08/2014
I just found out that the Shulk alt's purpose in Xenoblade is actually that when you strip a character of all of their armour and such and leave them nothing, they actually will only be wearing their boxers (don't know how it works for females, though).
---
#338 Posted: 16:11:05 30/08/2014
I just found out that the Shulk alt's purpose in Xenoblade is actually that when you strip a character of all of their armour and such and leave them nothing, they actually will only be wearing their boxers (don't know how it works for females, though).

[User Posted Image]

- - -
#339 Posted: 20:26:53 30/08/2014

I've never heard of that before. It sounds hilarious.
SilverWolf1129 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1857
#340 Posted: 20:38:01 30/08/2014
Y Zoroark? Y u gotta get captured like that?
---
It begins with them. But ends, with me. Their son. Vaxus.
#341 Posted: 01:08:25 31/08/2014

... I suddenly need Xenoblade,,,,,
---
#342 Posted: 16:02:05 31/08/2014

... I suddenly need Xenoblade,,,,,

Now I suddenly need to get Riki.
#343 Posted: 20:36:57 31/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm adding confirmed music to the first post too, some songs that haven't been revealed on the site might have SFX, I'll change them as soon as we get new versions.
#344 Posted: 22:21:27 31/08/2014
Posts have slowed down so much. >.>
---
EyeBrawler2014 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3429
#345 Posted: 23:21:24 31/08/2014
Yeah, how about we talk about the custom moves? Apparently every character has 12 if I remember correctly
---
Find me on Discord, I'm eyebrawler98#6720
#346 Posted: 23:33:42 31/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Here's Mario's, which were the first shown. I kinda wish the F.L.U.D.D. had the Turbo and Rocket nozzles for custom moves.

[User Posted Image]
#347 Posted: 00:48:10 01/09/2014
Watch Fludd still be useless.
#348 Posted: 01:49:07 01/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: somePerson
Watch Fludd still be useless.

F.L.U.D.D. isn't useless if used right, at full blast it can be pretty useful.
#349 Posted: 14:55:45 01/09/2014
CPU's use fludd so well, but I just can't use it. :(
---
First | Previous | Page 7 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me