Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V2!
First | Previous | Page 6 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 48 49 50
The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V2! [CLOSED]
dragmundis Platinum Sparx Gems: 5047
#251 Posted: 18:16:51 26/08/2014
I'm so hoping these leaks aren't going to affect the release date of the game.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#252 Posted: 19:55:39 26/08/2014
you guys generated 4 pages over a leak

wow
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#253 Posted: 19:59:56 26/08/2014
Quote: Windumup
Quote: Arc of Archives
So can we all agree that (aside from maybe Lucina) Dark Pit is the worst newcomer? As for returning ones, my personal least favourite is Falco because aside from being a clone he just seems like a standard good guy to me, but Dr. Mario absolutely should be an alt and not his own character.

O.O O god the bloodshed when Prextail finds this post

Oho, I believe you have someone worse to deal with than Prex...she's a Pit fangirl, not a Dark Pit fangirl...

Anyhow. If this leak is true, then I'm sure they had their reasons to put Dark Pit in. Dark Pit may have the same body shape as Pit, but he is his own character. Dark Pit has his own personality, his own motives, his own fighting style. I have no problem with him being in.
Edit: After a quick zoom-in...I noticed something. Bottom left corner of Dark Pit's picture. It's really purple, and the shape can only be one thing...
The Dark Pit Staff!
He's not a complete clone after all!

*deep solemn breath*
AMDJOFAKXJALlElksmdkwndkck DARK PIT YEEESSSSSSS
TAKE THAT NONBELIEVERS HAHAHAHAHAHA
I NEVER DOUBTED YOU DARK PIT
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:25:34 26/08/2014 by ShadowMewX
prextail202 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4039
#254 Posted: 20:41:21 26/08/2014
So can we all agree that (aside from maybe Lucina) Dark Pit is the worst newcomer? As for returning ones, my personal least favourite is Falco because aside from being a clone he just seems like a standard good guy to me, but Dr. Mario absolutely should be an alt and not his own character.

Nope, not worse. Not one bit. No newcomer is bad in my opinion, really. It gives new chances if gameplay.
Pitt- I-I mean Dark Pit is no exception.
Do you realize just how many weapons there are in Kid Icarus uprising. Too many for one angel, but, put a second angel in, and you can wield a great variety of these sky world weapons. And besides, has nintendo ever let us down that bad before?
If he was going to be the same, he would have been an alt costume, so there's gotta be something special about him to be another completely separate character..

On a side note,

YAY DARK PIT!!!
---
di ****n molto or whatever I guess
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#255 Posted: 21:18:42 26/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I changed the OP now that the leak is just about confirmed.

Quote: prextail202

Nope, not worse. Not one bit. No newcomer is bad in my opinion, really. It gives new chances if gameplay.
Do you realize just how many weapons there are in Kid Icarus uprising. Too many for one angel, but, put a second angel in, and you can wield a great variety of these sky world weapons. And besides, has nintendo ever let us down that bad before?
If he was going to be the same, he would have been an alt costume, so there's gotta be something special about him to be another completely separate character..

On a side note,

YAY DARK PIT!!!

The whole Alt costume thing doesn't mean anything anymore, Dr. Mario and Lucina prove this.

I'm still thinking he's a clone until we see him using the staff.
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#256 Posted: 22:05:50 26/08/2014

On a side note,

YAY DARK PIT!!!

Prex, he's not a copy and paste! He has the Dark Pit Staff, at least!
smilie
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
Grimslinger91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#257 Posted: 22:40:01 26/08/2014
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
Quote: Grimslinger91
Mewtwo had a Question mark. Whatever,there are still more unrevealed characters.

Edit: Mewtwo and Chorus Boys are in!!! My dream roster is now complete!

Stop with your lies alr4eady.

A leaker said that Mewtwo and Chorus Boys are in. This is the same guy who leaked Mario's new costume and posted the Bowser Junior and Shulk videos.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8246
#258 Posted: 22:43:55 26/08/2014
Mewtwo had a Question mark. Whatever,there are still more unrevealed characters.

Edit: Mewtwo and Chorus Boys are in!!! My dream roster is now complete!

Stop with your lies alr4eady.

A leaker said that Mewtwo and Chorus Boys are in. This is the same guy who leaked Mario's new costume and posted the Bowser Junior and Shulk videos.

It's speculated that they are in, along with Dixie, Ridey and Mach Rider/Impa. The leaker said nothing about them.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#259 Posted: 02:50:17 27/08/2014
Opinions:

Junior looks cool, might be a Diddy clone but that's OK, Diddy Kong was one of my favorites in Brawl

Mr Peepers (DHD) looks fun too, nice suprise retro character (because everyone was expecting Pac-Man)

Shulk...another damn swordsman. Seriously. Link, Marth, Ike, Lucina, and sorta Robin weren't enough? I'm not impressed.

Doctor Mario was better than regular Mario IMO so I'm glad he returned.

Dark Pit.... I get it Sakurai. You just brought a franchise back from the dead, and now you are giving it a bunch of love. Palutena was expected, and looks pretty damn fun. the gazillions of items were kinda too much, but they looked cool. All the smash run enemies and trophies and I was starting to get tired of Kid Icarus. The adventure mode system ripped from KIU was getting out of hand. And then, we get Dark Pit, who is....a clone.

In other news, WHERE IS BANDANA DEE
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:58:15 27/08/2014 by Matteomax
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#260 Posted: 03:06:13 27/08/2014
Sakurai likes to kiss his own ass in games.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#261 Posted: 03:11:26 27/08/2014
Quote: dragmundis

Why would they smilie
---
words. letters. filler.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#262 Posted: 03:42:48 27/08/2014
Quote: dragmundis

Why would they smilie

Because, Sakurai could decide to be a huge evil troll, and say "you know what? **** you and your leaks!" and just remove half of the unannounced characters from the roster which could end up taking an additional month or two of work. Then we could be lucky to see the characters come back through DLC later on.

idk, I doubt it, but it could happen.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
EyeBrawler2014 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3429
#263 Posted: 23:19:08 27/08/2014
He could, but it would be a first and it could ruin his reputation as an easygoing guy
---
Find me on Discord, I'm eyebrawler98#6720
#264 Posted: 23:53:15 27/08/2014
He would never change the release date this close. It'd be the dumbest thing he COULD do.
---
words. letters. filler.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#265 Posted: 23:56:46 27/08/2014
I've played KIU and know Dark Pit has a different personality but I don't think he, Lucina or Doc are big enough to warrant having their own spots on the roster rather than being alts.

Especially Dark Pit, since he's LITERALLY a clone of Pit in the game and I don't think KIU deserves three reps (DK is more significant and only has 2, unless the Dixie rumours are true, which I doubt).

I don't mind having extra clones if we wouldn't get new characters anyway, I'm just saying I think Dark Pit is the most unneeded and least interesting of the newcomers.
mrdarkspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 918
#266 Posted: 00:57:26 28/08/2014
I've played KIU and know Dark Pit has a different personality but I don't think he, Lucina or Doc are big enough to warrant having their own spots on the roster rather than being alts.

Especially Dark Pit, since he's LITERALLY a clone of Pit in the game and I don't think KIU deserves three reps (DK is more significant and only has 2, unless the Dixie rumours are true, which I doubt).

I don't mind having extra clones if we wouldn't get new characters anyway, I'm just saying I think Dark Pit is the most unneeded and least interesting of the newcomers.

Do not let ShadowMewX see this! She will make this tread look like a war happened here!
---
MAX AURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#267 Posted: 01:25:49 28/08/2014

DR Mario is more interesting then Dark Pit who is the generic Anime rival who is mean but friendly to Pit who is the generic energetic hero.
#268 Posted: 02:49:39 28/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm not mad at any clones to be honest, I heard no one complaining about the Villagers 4 forms, Male Wii Fit Trainer, or Bikini Zero Suit Samus, it's always when something gets a "character slot" that everyone gets mad. Even though they take the same amount of time to make as a costume would, they just have differing stats or maybe even moves from the base character (Fox to Wolf, Mario to Dr.Mario, ect.). No clones took your favorite character away, they just weren't planned to begin with and clones were added late into development to beef up the roster.

Also we have customizable movesets, so why is anyone complaining about clones now?
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#269 Posted: 10:53:44 28/08/2014
I honestly think Dark Pit was not necessary. He should've been an alt for pit. I mean there was no point. And Dr. Mario? Why? The game was completely fine without him! And we already have enough characters.
#270 Posted: 12:37:21 28/08/2014
Quote: LunarDistortion
I'm not mad at any clones to be honest, I heard no one complaining about the Villagers 4 forms, Male Wii Fit Trainer, or Bikini Zero Suit Samus, it's always when something gets a "character slot" that everyone gets mad. Even though they take the same amount of time to make as a costume would, they just have differing stats or maybe even moves from the base character (Fox to Wolf, Mario to Dr.Mario, ect.). No clones took your favorite character away, they just weren't planned to begin with and clones were added late into development to beef up the roster.

Also we have customizable movesets, so why is anyone complaining about clones now?

I agree with this. People want Wolf and Lucas back so bad on other places, they're clones, so what's the difference? Same thing goes for our new character Lucina, I don't see any complaints about her. You guys are only complaining about Dark Pit by the looks of it, and he will have some different weapons for sure.
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#271 Posted: 13:08:45 28/08/2014

I agree with this. People want Wolf and Lucas back so bad on other places, they're clones, so what's the difference? Same thing goes for our new character Lucina, I don't see any complaints about her. You guys are only complaining about Dark Pit by the looks of it, and he will have some different weapons for sure.

Lucas and Wolf aren't clones. They have a few similar special moves to Ness/Fox, but their A moves are COMPLETELY different, especially with Wolf. And their specials, while they have similar animations, still function very differently.

Quote:
Even though they take the same amount of time to make as a costume would, they just have differing stats or maybe even moves from the base character (Fox to Wolf, Mario to Dr.Mario, ect.). No clones took your favorite character away, they just weren't planned to begin with and clones were added late into development to beef up the roster.

Not true. Sakurai claims that in the time it took to add six clones to Melee (including the completely redundant ones like Dr. Mario and Pichu), he could have added King Dedede (old interview, don't know where to find it right now).

Knowing that, I would much rather have a brand new character than six tweaked versions of other characters. Quality should come over quantity. Heck, even in an interview at E3 2013, Sakurai said that he values quality over quantity, so for him to put clones in to beef up the roster is hypocritical. The roster this time really doesn't need beefing up, even without the clones we have this time, the roster would still be 40+ characters.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#272 Posted: 13:19:11 28/08/2014
[User Posted Image]

This is all I want!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#273 Posted: 13:26:29 28/08/2014
I want Sakurai to just deconfirm Ridley so people will stop asking for him
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
#274 Posted: 13:28:29 28/08/2014
How bout confirm him, making many,many fans happy?
---
#275 Posted: 14:09:55 28/08/2014
Quote: sonicbrawler182

Lucas and Wolf aren't clones. They have a few similar special moves to Ness/Fox, but their A moves are COMPLETELY different, especially with Wolf. And their specials, while they have similar animations, still function very differently.

Quote:
Even though they take the same amount of time to make as a costume would, they just have differing stats or maybe even moves from the base character (Fox to Wolf, Mario to Dr.Mario, ect.). No clones took your favorite character away, they just weren't planned to begin with and clones were added late into development to beef up the roster.

Not true. Sakurai claims that in the time it took to add six clones to Melee (including the completely redundant ones like Dr. Mario and Pichu), he could have added King Dedede (old interview, don't know where to find it right now).

Knowing that, I would much rather have a brand new character than six tweaked versions of other characters. Quality should come over quantity. Heck, even in an interview at E3 2013, Sakurai said that he values quality over quantity, so for him to put clones in to beef up the roster is hypocritical. The roster this time really doesn't need beefing up, even without the clones we have this time, the roster would still be 40+ characters.

Exactally, who says Dark Pit won't have a different move set than Pit?
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#276 Posted: 14:31:34 28/08/2014
Quote: sonicbrawler182

Quote:

Exactally, who says Dark Pit won't have a different move set than Pit?

He's listed separately to Pit and Palutena, with Dr. Mario and Lucina, who are both straight up clones, so it's not illogical to assume that Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Pittoo are going to be occupying a new "clone" section, rather than being grouped with their franchise.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#277 Posted: 16:54:38 28/08/2014
The leak is real. The leaker got fired and he was a NOA employee who is getting sued for $20 Million. I feel bad for him.
#278 Posted: 16:58:47 28/08/2014
Quote: Sesshomaru75
The leak is real. The leaker got fired and he was a NOA employee who is getting sued for $20 Million. I feel bad for him.

Holy ****. I feel really sorry for him. :c

He still has the final build of the game and a 3DS. Nintendo has not taken his game and system away yet.
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7399
#279 Posted: 17:31:00 28/08/2014
Ouch. Sued for $20 million for leaking the SSB characters. I'm still not accepting the link is real, even though I think it's quite likely. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:37:01 28/08/2014 by gillgrunt987
#280 Posted: 17:42:29 28/08/2014
Quote: gillgrunt987
Ouch. Sued for $20 million for leaking the SSB characters. I'm still not accepting the link is real, even though I think it's quite likely. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I think it's real. He hasn't been sued yet. Also,Nintendo removed his gameplay footage for Shulk and Bowser Junior.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#281 Posted: 17:45:40 28/08/2014
I wonder if the guy regrets leaking.... Probably...
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#282 Posted: 17:57:12 28/08/2014
Quote: kardonis
I wonder if the guy regrets leaking.... Probably...

He got sued pretty hard. He most likely won't get a job in the near future either.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#283 Posted: 19:23:26 28/08/2014
Jesus, $20 million over that?

I know that it was all meant to be a surprise, but still... that's absolutely brutal.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#284 Posted: 21:07:12 28/08/2014
Quote: Matteomax

I know that it was all meant to be a surprise, but still... that's absolutely brutal.

IKR. The game will be released in 3 weeks.
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#285 Posted: 21:21:28 28/08/2014

Sakurai is just trying to get some extra $$$
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#286 Posted: 00:20:03 29/08/2014
UY UYLBGYOGYBGY

DARK PIT

NESS

KOOOOOOPALINGS

KUGWWOUICBFOWIU+
---
My life is complete.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#287 Posted: 00:24:26 29/08/2014
Roy confirmed
[User Posted Image]
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#288 Posted: 00:31:32 29/08/2014
Roy confirmed
[User Posted Image]

You're late.
[User Posted Image]
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#289 Posted: 00:47:23 29/08/2014
...Hmm, well I'm not sure I'll be that impressed with the last roster additions if this is true. I'm so hoping that this is wrong so I can have a big old laugh at the internet's tendency to blow things waaaaaaaaay out of proportion. Although I think the only evidence left against the legitimacy of the leak is the widely-pointed-out fact that the leaked photos apparently showed All Star Mode as still being locked, and that mode requires every character unlocked, and yadda yadda.

I guess I should start using Weegie and Dedede more in Brawl to prepare for using them come October. Boy am I going to get my butt kicked in this game's multiplayer. =_="
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#290 Posted: 01:14:56 29/08/2014

Where's your source of the "$20 million lawsuit"? Only thing on the interwebs is him getting sued, but nothing shows for how much.
---
words. letters. filler.
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#291 Posted: 02:25:01 29/08/2014
MEWTWO IM COUNTINGON YPU!
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#292 Posted: 03:55:11 29/08/2014
I'm thinking Dark Pit is going to have a more unique move set, with different moves exclusive to his "darkness".
---
words. letters. filler.
#293 Posted: 04:10:46 29/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Like I said earlier, Dark Pit is pretty much just an alt that could have a few different moves. He just got a "Character Slot", so everyone's throwing a fit about him even though there isn't a set amount of slots.

I'm haven't even played Uprising, and sure I would love for Lucas to come back more, but i'm still fine with him getting his own slot as long as he's different.

Anyways, does anyone think Lucas and Wolf will be DLC? With Dry Bowser coming back in the Mario Kart 8 DLC it is possible.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#294 Posted: 10:57:09 29/08/2014

You... Know the source for that was a random NeoGAF post, right?

I'm serious. This is where it originally came from- http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.p...postcount=16458 - no evidence or anything provided. Unless this is a trustable poster who's provided info on other stuff, there isn't really a reason for anyone to believe them.

And thx sonicbrawler, you said exactly what I was thinking about clone development time. There are tons of them this time it seems.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:05:01 29/08/2014 by Arc of Archives
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#295 Posted: 11:17:53 29/08/2014
Shulk confirmed today.
---
My life is complete.
#296 Posted: 11:25:14 29/08/2014
SHULK IS IN!

---
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#297 Posted: 13:25:09 29/08/2014
[User Posted Image]
Pic of the day. From Xenoblade Chronicles, Shulk joins the battle!! He's not the type of character that would usually appear in the Smash Bros. series, but we worked really hard to make it happen. We're very happy with how he turned out. This stage is Gaur Plain.

[User Posted Image]
Shulk's sword, the Monado, slashes enemies with a beam when activated, so it can strike from long range. What really makes this weapon unique is that when the Monado Arts are activated, it can change Shulk's features and abilities! Emerge victorious in battle by changing your abilities strategically!!

[User Posted Image]
[List of Monado Arts]
翔 (Jump): higher jumps, lower defense.
疾 (Speed): faster movement, weaker attacks.
盾(Shield): higher defense, slower movement.
斬(Buster): stronger attacks, weaker launch ability.
撃(Smash): Stronger launch ability, weaker attacks, lower defense against launching

Also the trailer shows that is "foresee" is a counter just in case nobody catches it
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#298 Posted: 13:28:09 29/08/2014
AIM RIELLY FEELIN IT
First | Previous | Page 6 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me