darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Does Trap Team ditch old special skylanders?
Page 1 of 1
Does Trap Team ditch old special skylanders?
akatora Red Sparx Gems: 78
#1 Posted: 14:03:50 24/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Hi all, hoping you can confirm or dispute some upsetting news I heard from somewhere about Trap Team. (some random preview video I can't relocate)

I heard that Lightcores and Giants and Swappers don't get anything special, only Trap Masters. Making Lightcores and Giants and Swappers essentially just corelanders in Trap Team.

Is this true? I get that the Trap Masters are the new stars of the show, but if the old special skylanders lose all their specialness I'll be pretty disappointed.

Thanks for your help.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#2 Posted: 14:08:05 24/07/2014
Well giants will still be big and there may or may not be Giants chests like in Swap Force and Swappers can still swap, but no Swap Force Zones. And I would imagine Lightcores still get their flash bomb effect. It's just that you don't need a Giant or Swapper to do anything integral to completing a level.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#3 Posted: 14:57:54 24/07/2014
I imagine there would just be giant treasure chests like in SF. As for the swappable characters, I could imagine some treasure chests or something optional that require two elements just like the dual elemental gates in SF.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:59:19 24/07/2014 by alicecarp
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#4 Posted: 16:27:18 24/07/2014
All figures, even gimmicks ones from previous games are usable, but it would be a failure of the design if you weren't meaningfully compelled to use the new ones instead. They will throw us a bone with some small stuff you can do with Swappers and Giants, but if you can simply stomp through the game with a Giant then the developers have completely failed.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#5 Posted: 23:36:48 24/07/2014
Giants will still be big and Swappers can still swap, pretty sure LC will still light up and do a flash bomb effect.

Maybe giant chests and swapper chests will stay
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#6 Posted: 00:16:25 25/07/2014
They haven't ditched anything---any of your current characters should work. They may not be introducing lightcores for this game, however.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#7 Posted: 07:36:12 25/07/2014
Giants will be big and can still stomp small enemies, SWAP Force can swap but no swap zones.
I just hope that dual elemental gates will stay
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me