Page 1 of 1
Some Advice Please. [CLOSED]
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#1 Posted: 15:32:25 21/07/2014 | Topic Creator
With the new leaks about Trap Team, I am really torn whether or not I should get the game. Instead of getting Trap Team, I could get Some other things earlier, such as Pokémon: Omega Ruby, Sonic Boom, or Super Smash Bros. I could also get many of these little figurines called Krosmasters, which is something I have been wanting to get into. These things I could get for Christmas instead, and some more after February, which is when I would be done saving money for the Trap Team figurines. So here's the real question:

Should I get Trap Team, or not? If I do, I will get more enjoyment from the series, and some more figurines for me and my relatives to enjoy. Or, if I not, I can get some other games sooner than I would if I get Trap Team, and I could start really moving away from Skylanders.

MInd you, this also determines if I will leave darkSpyro or not. So, as the title says, 'Some Advice Please'.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#2 Posted: 15:34:23 21/07/2014
Trap team other 3 will go on sale a month or two later.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#3 Posted: 15:37:39 21/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I would get Trap Team the day after release, just so I don't miss out on the Kaos Trap, and so I don't miss out on any launch day figurines.
---
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#4 Posted: 16:00:37 21/07/2014
Honestly, if money is parrt of the equation.

WAIT.

It's not like CoD where you need to get it early on or risk falling behind.
The figures go on sale typically two out of every five weeks.
Kaos might be limited early on, but not indefinitely.
Even the dark edition, which was only like a 'special launch at Gamestop' edition can STILL BE HAD.

So if money is part of the game for you, don't feel like you have to day one it.
- Unreall
#5 Posted: 16:12:57 21/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, I don't like being without the game for long. I can be patient for the later waves(unless they are some characters I REALLY want), but I have always gotten Skylanders on release (except for Giants, which I just got the figures and waited for the Wii U version). So if I get this game, I would get it on release. And after about 4-5 months, I would be done saving money. I am patient when it comes to that.
---
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#6 Posted: 16:52:12 21/07/2014
after reading what you wrote i advice you to forget skylanders trap team. go get Pokémon: Omega Ruby, Sonic Boom, or Super Smash Bros etc, you will enjoy these games more. there always a next year for a new skylanders game again.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#7 Posted: 16:55:20 21/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, here's the thing. If I do get Trap Team, I will eventually get the games anyway. I would just have to wait for Christmas, or just a little after March. It doesn't mean I will never get them.
---
#8 Posted: 17:00:15 21/07/2014
okay but if your getting it at xmas anyway you should definitive go for the Pokémon: Omega Ruby, Sonic Boom, or Super Smash Bros first.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#9 Posted: 17:03:02 21/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, I really meant that I would get Pokémon, Sonic Boom, and Super Smash Bros. at Christmas. I could get Trap Team, but I might as well get it at release.
---
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#10 Posted: 17:03:39 21/07/2014
I think you should go with trap team if you re going to get the other games anyway.
#11 Posted: 17:08:14 21/07/2014
if you can get everything at once then do so, its up to you.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#12 Posted: 17:49:48 21/07/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
okay but if your getting it at xmas anyway you should definitive go for the Pokémon: Omega Ruby, Sonic Boom, or Super Smash Bros first.

Agreed.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#13 Posted: 18:54:05 21/07/2014
Don't buy Trap Team at the release, it will be in sale next year and you will facepalm yourself till death, like i always do smilie
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#14 Posted: 19:02:59 21/07/2014
Buy the figures first, then buy the starter pack when it's on sale.
I always do that, but by then, my brothers open the packagings and starts wrecking the figures
#15 Posted: 21:18:11 21/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, I usually buy Skylanders at release anyway, all except for Giants at least, when I was waiting for the Wii U. Even if if I did the same thing as Giants, I would open them up anyway.
---
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#16 Posted: 21:24:47 21/07/2014
I suggest you buy Trap team figures so you don't fall behind on waves and then buy the game when you have a little more cash to spare
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
#17 Posted: 23:02:08 21/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Oh, by then I would have plenty of cash. You see, I would buy what is listed in the OP first instead of getting Skylanders. I have no shortage, I simply need to figure out what I should get first, or instead.
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#18 Posted: 04:21:53 22/07/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
after reading what you wrote i advice you to forget skylanders trap team. go get Pokémon: Omega Ruby, Sonic Boom, or Super Smash Bros etc, you will enjoy these games more. there always a next year for a new skylanders game again.

Right, and nothing really changes, so you won't miss much either.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
YerMomsFaceHere Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#19 Posted: 05:08:45 22/07/2014
If you wait , you can grab most starter sets at obnoxious sale prices. I have to buy trap team on day one because of my kid....but if it was for me....fuhgetta bout it. I would wait and get a whole lot more bang for my buck later on.
---
Sugar momma's , look no further!
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#20 Posted: 05:14:30 22/07/2014
OR...you could teach the kid a valuable lesson in both patience and the economy by waiting. If you need to get something else because a birthday or something, find something else thats on sale. smilie
#21 Posted: 12:50:38 22/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, would this include the Dark Starter? I have been looking into getting that, and getting the regular starter characters off of ebay sometime after. I just want to get the game before Halloween, which would be when my relatives get together. Hopefully there would be a deal between then and release.
---
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#22 Posted: 16:15:02 22/07/2014
Quote:
If you wait , you can grab most starter sets at obnoxious sale prices. I have to buy trap team on day one because of my kid....but if it was for me....fuhgetta bout it. I would wait and get a whole lot more bang for my buck later on.

I agree . There is plenty of other games and Swop Force currently on clearance sale for you to enjoy while you wait . There is no need to rush . I paid full price for Swopforce and I regretted that.
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
#23 Posted: 22:15:54 22/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, I'm fine with getting the game at release. I could get it from Amazon and get the game a day after release, saving on the hassle for my mom. I just hope that the figures will be for preorder as soon as they show up. But anyway, I would like to get the Dark Starter for Christmas, among other things, and will get the regular starter. Now, for what version to get. Should I get the Wii U version, or the Wii Version. I want the Wii U version either way, but the Wii version will be handy for when I want to bring the game to my grandma's house for family get-togethers, but I am afraid that the download code won't work as it should. Any advice?
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me