Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
YouTube videos getting strikes.
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#1 Posted: 15:19:33 21/07/2014 | Topic Creator
For anyone that was hit with a strike via YouTube regarding copyright infringement claims. Please post here, or PM me and let me know, including any links to said pulled videos with the "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Activision Publishing, Inc.." message if possible. I am currently in contact with a member of kotaku.com that is actually interested in investigating the incident.
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#2 Posted: 15:37:07 21/07/2014
I was hit by a strike, this is the video:
Skylanders Trap Team - Dark Starter Pack + Gameplay Screenshot - Kaos Trap

ID video: rfuUiEHNHMU

I got a strike and I removed the video. I have Bad Reputation on Youtube now

Thanks!
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#3 Posted: 15:45:17 21/07/2014 | Topic Creator
If the links arent active anymore, can you post me a link to your main account page here, or send it to me via PM. I have a few from my viewing history I was able to collect and send him in my first email. I dont want to spam the guy with every new link, but if I can collect a bunch of users or links it would be more helpful.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#4 Posted: 15:47:46 21/07/2014
I had images pulled from Photobucket (links in my "Leaked Images!" thread). First and only time I've had any kind of copyright content complaint on any account of mine.

The images I had pulled were made from the original leaked images (which are *still* on the Swedish website (although the product pages have been pulled down).
#5 Posted: 15:50:44 21/07/2014 | Topic Creator
As before, if you can link me your public account page that was hit, or a means of contact I can forward to the rep, so I can send as much in one shot as possible. I appreciate it.
#6 Posted: 15:52:34 21/07/2014
Quote: GothamLord
If the links arent active anymore, can you post me a link to your main account page here, or send it to me via PM. I have a few from my viewing history I was able to collect and send him in my first email. I dont want to spam the guy with every new link, but if I can collect a bunch of users or links it would be more helpful.

Here you go:
Languange in the image is italian because I'm italian:
[User Posted Image]
My channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:50:05 21/07/2014 by Buuzer
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#7 Posted: 15:57:43 21/07/2014
My video was pulled but it's no longer up. Channel in my sig.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#8 Posted: 15:58:56 21/07/2014
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/TheUncleBob/

TheUncleBob@hotmail.com smilie
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#9 Posted: 16:15:51 21/07/2014
I don't have anything to add, just wanted to say good luck.

I posted some images of the leaks somewhere, but they never got removed.smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:18:35 21/07/2014 by Arc of Archives
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#10 Posted: 18:15:23 21/07/2014
https://www.youtube.com/channe...Iod7AIE-ri1H6pw

[User Posted Image]

Lost access to unlisted videos. I still have the video I uploaded on my computer.
---
#11 Posted: 19:52:05 21/07/2014
Any news? Because it seems childish remove a video for showing the starter pack when you already post it on Toys r us.
---
#12 Posted: 20:08:27 21/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I sent in an email a little while ago with the information i have so far from this thread and the few people I could remember. I had a few others in my viewing history I get and added into the email as well. Not sure his schedule or anything so I'll see if/when I get another response back.
#13 Posted: 20:19:52 21/07/2014
What did he say when he initially contacted you? Just wondering. Also is there any chance that this will cause my strike to get revoked?
---
#14 Posted: 20:29:22 21/07/2014 | Topic Creator
He initially couldn't find any videos being blocked and the copyright claim on them. Not surprising if you arent already subscribed or have viewed said videos, I dont believe they are going to show up in a basic search. Also a large number of people clearly have pulled their videos, 1) to avoide strikes, or 2) in response to already getting one. He asked for names of users, and links to said videos if I had them, so he could check into the matter.
#15 Posted: 20:50:53 21/07/2014
He initially couldn't find any videos being blocked and the copyright claim on them. Not surprising if you arent already subscribed or have viewed said videos, I dont believe they are going to show up in a basic search. Also a large number of people clearly have pulled their videos, 1) to avoide strikes, or 2) in response to already getting one. He asked for names of users, and links to said videos if I had them, so he could check into the matter.

What do you think he's going to do with the info?
---
#16 Posted: 20:58:48 21/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Investigative journalism of some sort I would hope/imagine.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#17 Posted: 21:15:48 21/07/2014
It sounds like Activision doesn't appreciate some of their biggest fans giving them some free advertising and generating more excitement that helps their pretty mediocre build up for Trap Team. If they feel that they don't need help converting the large contingent of "Meh" that seems to be permeating the community over the lack of anything remotely new or interesting, then I would oblige them. It's their funeral.

They're going to need some serious help if they want Trap Team to reach levels of the previous games. The new mechanic details are shrouded in secrecy, and most people don't have any idea how or if this will all pull together in a compelling manner. I'd get it if people were publishing unfounded rumors or they were still adding/designing features and didn't want to have things promised that may not be realized (and I hope they aren't, because at this point every feature should be locked down or it spells big trouble for final quality). But, these are images of actual figures and editions. Sometimes it is better to let the community just run with the ball a while, it makes them feel like part of the process. Staged "announcements" still fit in this model and they still have plenty of stuff behind the curtain to reveal on their own.
#18 Posted: 21:35:06 21/07/2014 | Topic Creator
At this point I feel it goes beyond just Skylanders. Activision has done a 180 in less than a week after a major public message from their CEO of Publishing regarding their stance on leaks and how they handle them. More so even to me is the fact that a large majority of these individuals that are getting their YouTube channels bullied, by lets face it technically unjust claims of copyright infringement, are fans under the age of 18.

TL: DR - Activision is bullying kids on YouTube.

Activision cant be all happy-go-lucky about Call of Duty trailers getting leaked by adults, then turn around into a screaming banshee over a few images of figures kids are getting excited over. Its absurd. It comes across more just that Activision knows that the kids are far more limited and less likely to complain or fight the claims so they are more willing to push the issue.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:35:30 21/07/2014 by GothamLord
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#19 Posted: 21:51:57 21/07/2014
Got striked 2 times smilie need one more and im done
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
#20 Posted: 21:58:00 21/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I remembered you specifically more than anyone else. Your channel was sent in with the group mentioned.
#21 Posted: 22:01:55 21/07/2014
Maybe I'm just too nice, but I'm guessing more than anything that someone on the Sky Marketing team panicked and hit the big red button on their own instead of being a part of a concentrated effort to supress fans. I'm inclined to think that when/if news of this gets to the right person in the ATVI machine, we'll see the situation handled better.

I could be completely wrong though.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#22 Posted: 22:30:20 21/07/2014

Holy hyperbole batman.You might want to rethink your definition of bullied. Activision isn't going after children on YT and harassing them just because they post leaked content, they're claiming content which belongs to them and it's their choice to do instead of letting the leak happen, no insults, no threats. Is it silly? Very, at least Nintendo which is known for not liking that stuff just claims monetization and doesn't outright ban everything they don't want on a video. But is it opressing your rights of free speech(please tell me that's not the case or I'll be forever disappointed about this forum),bullying innocent kids or being wrong and evil? Not at all.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#23 Posted: 01:21:34 22/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost

Holy hyperbole batman.You might want to rethink your definition of bullied. Activision isn't going after children on YT and harassing them just because they post leaked content, they're claiming content which belongs to them and it's their choice to do instead of letting the leak happen, no insults, no threats. Is it silly? Very, at least Nintendo which is known for not liking that stuff just claims monetization and doesn't outright ban everything they don't want on a video. But is it opressing your rights of free speech(please tell me that's not the case or I'll be forever disappointed about this forum),bullying innocent kids or being wrong and evil? Not at all.

If you go back and read the article I have posted regarding Activision and their attitude towards how they handle leaks, and how they handled the recently CoD trailer leak, is mostly certainly becomes bullying. Its going after a group of fans, misusing the claim of copyright infringement against what was clearly nothing more than news reporting.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#24 Posted: 01:41:27 22/07/2014
That's just...going after a group of fans to delete their videos. Bullying is being made fun of for doing the thing,for even considering the thing,and never left alone because of that and probably the bully finding other things to mock you about. Activison isn't humiliating small YTers whenever they get a strike, or sending death threats to them nonstop. Again, you might want to rethink your definition of bullying.

EDIT: Edits a line, forgets to edit the rest of the paragraph,woops.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:42:30 22/07/2014 by Bifrost
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#25 Posted: 01:57:42 22/07/2014
Playing a little devil's advocate here...the whole situation isn't good for anyone. It's a catch-22 and no body really wins here.

A couple points I haven't heard brought up. Some have asked why Activision isn't going after the sites that caused the leak? Do we know that they haven't? I would not be surprised at all if there is some sort of penalty in TRU or other retailer's contracts with Activision regarding letting out information other. Activision doesn't want it out early, nor do the other retailers who are upholding the information release date (or whatever you want to call it). TRU could get some good press on this since there name is first associated with the Dark Edition, but I doubt that it was intentional, and there is some penalty for it.

Secondly, Activision also has to consider his partners in this, the retailers, and bloggers/media. We know that the partners were given a release date and ask/told not to spill the beans early. Beans got spilled early. If there are no repercussions for those who spilled the beans (whether they knew or not) then next time they set a release date, it could be totally ignored. If Skylander Dad knows there is no punishment for early release, why not jump early and be the first on the scoop? There may not be much harm done now, but there could be in the future.

Thirdly, Activision cannot cancel/suspend anyone's youtube account, only youtube does that through youtube's rules. To say that Activision is bullying kids, or youtube users, really implies a motivation to hurt. We know they are trying to protect their interests, not to hurt. They aren't looking to strike anyone out. We don't know how Activision feels about the 3 strike rule.

All that said though, I'm not saying Activision made the right move, or that it doesn't really suck for those getting strikes when they had no idea they were remotely close to a possible violation. I don't know that it was the right PR move, don't think there was a good response. Nor would I say that telling the media about what happened with youtubers is a bad thing, or that Activision is hypocrital with their views on leaks. Just pointing out that it's not a black and white issue.
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#26 Posted: 02:00:20 22/07/2014
I remembered you specifically more than anyone else. Your channel was sent in with the group mentioned.

Maybe you sent my channel, but they can't see the video without the links. Here they are. ( I was on my ipod so I was not able to put them smilie )

The Huge figures leak!
The Dark Edition!

Edit: Deleted the first video after posting this and now there's no ''activision inc'' on the video. But here's the picture showing the 2 videos deleted smilie

[User Posted Image]
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:11:29 22/07/2014 by LloydDXZX
#27 Posted: 02:06:59 22/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
That's just...going after a group of fans to delete their videos. Bullying is being made fun of for doing the thing,for even considering the thing,and never left alone because of that and probably the bully finding other things to mock you about. Activison isn't humiliating small YTers whenever they get a strike, or sending death threats to them nonstop. Again, you might want to rethink your definition of bullying.

EDIT: Edits a line, forgets to edit the rest of the paragraph,woops.

Merriam-Webster

bully: verb

: to frighten, hurt, or threaten (a smaller or weaker person) : to act like a bully toward (someone)

: to cause (someone) to do something by making threats or insults or by using force

Bullying is using superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants. In this case, a major corporation, Activision, is using influence of YouTube, to have them threaten members with unjustified strikes and threats of account deletion. A major corporation coming after a kids account CAN be very frightening to them. Especially given its not based in anything legally valid.

Would you like to contact Merriam Webster because you feel that the dictionary definition is not correct? It doesnt need public humiliation or death threats. All bullying is, is a someone using superior means to influence another's actions.

Quote: melvimbe
Playing a little devil's advocate here...the whole situation isn't good for anyone. It's a catch-22 and no body really wins here.

A couple points I haven't heard brought up. Some have asked why Activision isn't going after the sites that caused the leak? Do we know that they haven't? I would not be surprised at all if there is some sort of penalty in TRU or other retailer's contracts with Activision regarding letting out information other. Activision doesn't want it out early, nor do the other retailers who are upholding the information release date (or whatever you want to call it). TRU could get some good press on this since there name is first associated with the Dark Edition, but I doubt that it was intentional, and there is some penalty for it.

Secondly, Activision also has to consider his partners in this, the retailers, and bloggers/media. We know that the partners were given a release date and ask/told not to spill the beans early. Beans got spilled early. If there are no repercussions for those who spilled the beans (whether they knew or not) then next time they set a release date, it could be totally ignored. If Skylander Dad knows there is no punishment for early release, why not jump early and be the first on the scoop? There may not be much harm done now, but there could be in the future.

Thirdly, Activision cannot cancel/suspend anyone's youtube account, only youtube does that through youtube's rules. To say that Activision is bullying kids, or youtube users, really implies a motivation to hurt. We know they are trying to protect their interests, not to hurt. They aren't looking to strike anyone out. We don't know how Activision feels about the 3 strike rule.

All that said though, I'm not saying Activision made the right move, or that it doesn't really suck for those getting strikes when they had no idea they were remotely close to a possible violation. I don't know that it was the right PR move, don't think there was a good response. Nor would I say that telling the media about what happened with youtubers is a bad thing, or that Activision is hypocrital with their views on leaks. Just pointing out that it's not a black and white issue.

Activision is using YouTube, because its a major corporation. Activision advertises on YouTube. YouTube is going to bend over backwards to make them happy. If Activision says infringement, YouTube isnt going to question it. They are going to start swinging the axe without question. A few people's accounts is a drop in the bucket for them compared to a billion dollar company's paycheck.

Bullying has no need for hurting someone. All it needs to do is force a desired reaction. In this case, suppression of information regarding the Trap Team game.

This again comes after a major interview with a CEO of Activision basically saying, that leaks suck for their planned marketing but its something you learn to roll with the punches on. Going "silverback gorilla" on the fans was counter productive. Strangely despite that statement, thats exactly what happen.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 02:17:56 22/07/2014 by GothamLord
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#28 Posted: 03:03:53 22/07/2014
Based on the suit's actions, I would actually want to prevent ANYONE from uploading ANY content for this game. Let the chosen ones do the work. Let them get what they actually want.

GothamLord, it is possible that youtube's automatic system could be at work here...just saying based on comments when youtube's new system was unleashed. It's possible some accounts are "white listed" by Activision, which creates a condition that other accounts get hit. I've heard youTube initating copyright infringement against accounts without the copyright holder's consent. Not sure if it's still in play, but a variable we must consider. Okay, folks that love to slam me for my negativity...here I am giving the evil Activision an actual legitimiate reason!

If however, Activision is actually doing this...I'll go cold turkey on this game in protest.

melvimbe, we can all put the shoe on the other foot, but right now I see a gigantic billion dollar franchise doing things that is causing negative publicity here. And I hope if they are doing this on purpose, they get to feel the full effect of their actions here. I'm frankly tired of Skyfans having to follow some invisible guidelines on when is and when isn't a good time to be excited about this lameo game. Again, if anyone can read this--I would just stay away from this franchise and youtube--permanently. They obviously feel good with the folks that are helping them and they don't want your help. Fall in line or suffer the blade.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 13 times - Last edited at 03:32:33 22/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
#29 Posted: 03:22:01 22/07/2014
I can't speak for the Youtube thing, but my Photobucket thing was personal. smilie
#30 Posted: 03:26:43 22/07/2014
Quote: UncleBob
I can't speak for the Youtube thing, but my Photobucket thing was personal. smilie

That's a horse of a different color...that shows intent to me.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#31 Posted: 03:37:15 22/07/2014
Yup. Clear as day, someone was going out of their way to flag "leaked" materials as copyright violations for no other reason than to stifle the fanbase so that *they* (Activision) could control every aspect of the message.

Let's be real - this has NOTHING to do with copyright (aside from Activision taking advantage of online content hosts and their very generous policies regarding copyright and copyright holders). If Activision was really concerned about copyright, they would be taking down every single video on Youtube that shows official shots/artwork/packaging from every Activision game, previous Skylanders titles, Call of Duty, whatever. Likewise, even after this stuff is officially announced, they'd continue to issue takedown notices against videos using the official shots/artwork/packaging shots. But they won't - because they're okay with the free (as in beer) press.

In this case, they simply wanted to control the message. They wanted to save the Dark Starter unveil for Comic Con. They wanted to save the new character announcements for whatever time table they have planned.

And that's completely understandable. I totally 100% understand where they're coming from here. But the issue is, the folks they're attacking aren't the retailers that leaked the information - it's the fans that support and enjoy the products. Now, if a crazed fan had broken the law (say, broke into Activision HQ, hacked into someone's computer or broke an NDA), then by all means, drop the hammer on them! But if they're simply reporting information that they came across naturally (in this case, a retailer's website) - that's just poor form.
#32 Posted: 03:54:36 22/07/2014
Very reasonable. No amount of spin will convince me that Activision did good here in the eyes of the consumer...they basically sacrificed a few of the fans to communicate the message that they will be in charge of the info. They'll probably loose quite a few customers with this stunt. Hope it is worth it. As defpally said, the only thing they appear to be marketing is their legal and corporate bullying prowess. They might actually need to start generating EXCITEMENT of this game.

Just maybe. It's almost August.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:56:19 22/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
#33 Posted: 03:59:15 22/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: GhostRoaster

GothamLord, it is possible that youtube's automatic system could be at work here...just saying based on comments when youtube's new system was unleashed. It's possible some accounts are "white listed" by Activision, which creates a condition that other accounts get hit. I've heard youTube initating copyright infringement against accounts without the copyright holder's consent. Not sure if it's still in play, but a variable we must consider. Okay, folks that love to slam me for my negativity...here I am giving the evil Activision an actual legitimiate reason!

I would love for this to be just a horrible use of YouTube's automatic system. I would love to be in the wrong. I'd eat crow and apologize to Activision. However given I can go back and can find videos still that have managed to slip through the cracks. (I'm sorry whoever I just threw to the wolves in saying that here. Activision's spy are likely watching me now) But it seems pretty clear it was someone going around flagging videos specifically rather than just pinging on a title name or something.

**Also recently I've noticed a new string of uploaded videos regarding the leak that havent been flagged in the last 24hrs. If Activision did indeed decide to just hang their head in defeat and start allowing the information to circulate over social media, they really need to go back and retract the strikes against people's accounts for the exact same information that was posted days ago and removed via force.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:07:45 22/07/2014 by GothamLord
#34 Posted: 04:05:56 22/07/2014
I tend to agree, but let's see where this takes us. What's there else to do? It's not like we can talk about the game.
---
#35 Posted: 04:07:55 22/07/2014
I should clarify in my use of "Activision" - as I stated earlier, I really don't think this was something done as an official action of the company. I think this was one (or a small handful) of employees who thought he/she was doing his/her job to the best of his/her abilities with the best of intentions - controlling the message.

I do sincerely hope and honestly expect that if news of this was to get to the right person at Activision, we'll get all this cleared up. smilie
#36 Posted: 04:18:54 22/07/2014
I'm sure one of Kaos evil minions was on duty at youTube. Sure, let's go with that.
---
pennyman Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#37 Posted: 08:03:18 22/07/2014
Hey Portal Masters -- just wanted to jump into the convo -- hope this info helps!

Regarding YOUTUBE:

1. If you post leaked footage or graphics of anything Skylanders or not -- you are taking a risk.
2. If you post video that violates YouTube's Terms of Service - then you are also taking a risk. These Terms of Service basically say if you don't own the material or have written proof to upload it then you may be in violation.
3. If you download a video from another channel and re-upload it to your channel then you are taking a risk also.
4. Getting a strike is bad - it goes away automatically in 6 months.

I'm excited to see other people posting awesome stuff but I would suggest trying not to get caught up so much in Skylanders news/leaks/images and try to focus more on what fun and creative new things you can make videos about - revolving around Skylanders and your favorite games/toys/etc.

-Rob
COTV
#38 Posted: 08:33:15 22/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Hey Rob, thank you for taking the time to respond in this. As someone involved in the industry I appreciate any insight you can provide. Similar to the conversation I had with SkylanderDad on here in the other thread though I think a lot of the concern has been the lack of anything since E3. Especially since we had such a punch to the gut in terms of the timer reveal and general lack of other information. The rest of use arent privy to the embargo dates and insider information like certain high profile YouTubers in the Skylanders circle. Lots of people would love to have the high profile subscription level of their other favorites and potentially rub shoulders with them at events in the future. Being that one person to get the exclusive out first could be that exciting opportunity.

People take these leaks as reporting news information, and getting it out to the public to further excitement of things. No one here, to my knowledge, was using any of it to capitalize for their own financial gain or it or in turn take money from Activision. I get the concept behind wanting to protect actual game play and video footage. We're just talking images here though. Images that were posted publicly on a online store, yes, be it by accident. Activision publicly stated a week earlier about being okay with dealing with a video leak of a CoD trailer. Then they turn around and go berserk on taking down videos that just showed pictures. A large majority of them from kids. Kids that were excited about the game again. It went against how Activision wanted to market things and they swatted them down.

Its great to be able to say not to get caught up in it, but now you have people with strikes over things that were clearly pointless. Videos on the same information are still up now that those people arent losing videos or getting strikes. Is Activision cherry picking? Is there favoritism? We cant say. but it looks a bit questionable. The strikes haven't been removed from the others, if its suddenly okay to post about it now. If random person got flagged for just posting a couple pictures, how do they trust making any videos about anything regarding the toys. Some of these kids might question using any material, and now we've lost someone that could have been the next great thing.

I dont believe that the leaks should be held to the select few to break the news on. Its wrong. We live in an age of social media and the internet. Information can go global in a matter of minutes.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#39 Posted: 08:59:57 22/07/2014
Again, if anyone can read this--I would just stay away from this franchise and youtube--permanently.

You promise?
---
bye
#40 Posted: 10:11:25 22/07/2014
Quote: pennyman
Hey Portal Masters -- just wanted to jump into the convo -- hope this info helps!

Regarding YOUTUBE:

1. If you post leaked footage or graphics of anything Skylanders or not -- you are taking a risk.
2. If you post video that violates YouTube's Terms of Service - then you are also taking a risk. These Terms of Service basically say if you don't own the material or have written proof to upload it then you may be in violation.
3. If you download a video from another channel and re-upload it to your channel then you are taking a risk also.
4. Getting a strike is bad - it goes away automatically in 6 months.

I'm excited to see other people posting awesome stuff but I would suggest trying not to get caught up so much in Skylanders news/leaks/images and try to focus more on what fun and creative new things you can make videos about - revolving around Skylanders and your favorite games/toys/etc.

-Rob
COTV

I know that leaks can't be posted on YT but the dark starter pack was on Toys r Us not from a random website that leaked random stuff.
---
#41 Posted: 11:28:58 22/07/2014
Personally here's what I think happened. This is probably a great example of some on trying to take things down a quickly and efficiently a possible. When the employes asked Erik Hershberg he more than likely said take the images down ASP. So they did what their boss told them to. For all we know when Erik Hershberg said to take the images down he didn't even mean to give copyright strikes to everyone, the employes just did what their boss told them too. I do find it very hard to believe they could handle a COD leak so well then freak out over this. However lets compare the leaks.

COD Trailer was leaked 2 days early not a big deal

12 Skylanders Leaked most not planned to be revealed until late September

There's a clear difference here on the vastness and trimming of the leak.
---
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#42 Posted: 11:38:46 22/07/2014
I would just like to add that it wasn't just the leaks that they reported for copyright - Shortly after they uploaded the first teaser trailer, I uploaded it to my channel, like many others, to spread the news like I sometimes do. Within hours, I received a copyright strike. With this too, I'm just not bothering to upload anymore Trap Team vids.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#43 Posted: 13:41:44 22/07/2014
+ what melvimbe said.

Quote: UncleBob
They wanted to save the new character announcements for whatever time table they have planned.

And *spoiler alert!* this is going to sound negative, but considering the last few years, I wouldn't be surprised if they were just going to reveal the lot of them in September when the site is updated with all the characters anyway. It's be nice if they've improved, plan to announce new characters very soon and we're going to see new characters more often from now on- however, so far they haven't really shown much more than last year (and have been secretive regarding most questions), so I'm not hopeful for that right now. I digress, don't feel like saying much about the original topic, because I have no experience with YouTube's strike system or much knowledge of it.
Quote: newkill
Again, if anyone can read this--I would just stay away from this franchise and youtube--permanently.

You promise?

If you have an issue with GR please PM him, because in that case your issue is with one particular member, and it's not a bright idea to post about that in a general topic because it can lead to unnessicary drama/hate directed toward them

I don't really agree with him about that (and... My thoughts on his posts in general belong elsewhere), but it's not cool to take jabs at users on public topics (which I saw you do once, too, GR *glares*)... Especially without adding anything constructive.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:42:57 22/07/2014 by Arc of Archives
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#44 Posted: 15:24:36 22/07/2014
Here is another video I found, it was about the Dark Edition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJziNvD36tw
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#45 Posted: 21:33:11 22/07/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives
If you have an issue with GR please PM him, because in that case your issue is with one particular member, and it's not a bright idea to post about that in a general topic because it can lead to unnessicary drama/hate directed toward them

I don't really agree with him about that (and... My thoughts on his posts in general belong elsewhere), but it's not cool to take jabs at users on public topics (which I saw you do once, too, GR *glares*)... Especially without adding anything constructive.

I can't PM him. When I PM-ed him some time ago to tell him how I feel about how he behaves on this community, he immediately blocked me saying I was a cry-baby, so yeah... this may sounds harsh and not cool to say, but this community would be better without his constant negative posts about the future of the Skylanders franchise.
---
bye
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#46 Posted: 22:03:26 22/07/2014
I can't PM him. When I PM-ed him some time ago to tell him how I feel about how he behaves on this community, he immediately blocked me saying I was a cry-baby, so yeah... this may sounds harsh and not cool to say, but this community would be better without his constant negative posts about the future of the Skylanders franchise.

Slipping off topic, but people are allowed to be negative about a franchise: Toys for Bob does indeed read these forums and while it may be too late to fix issues with this game, giving the devs some ideas on what our grievances are won't hurt. Thus far though they really haven't been heard. Some people carry it too far (and that's not an invite for examples). Frankly I'm still not plussed either and haven't made that a secret, but I want to stick around, data mine info and share what I can so people can budget things out when the games come out.
#47 Posted: 23:36:42 22/07/2014 | Topic Creator
If no one ever voiced any complaints about the game and pointed out flaws, it would stagnate and die out. Things need to evolve with the game to continue to improve it and make it better and exciting. That comes from people pointing out the low points, so they can be changed or removed to try something else. Just because you dont care for someones opinion doesnt make it wrong or invalid. If you dont like someones opinion, you can ignore it. If things become a personal attack, the moderators need to get involved. Simple as that.
#48 Posted: 00:35:18 23/07/2014
^ ^ I don't mind if you guys want to discuss criticism further, but I already said the same thing basically to newkill on the pre-launch thread. If newkill just ignored that and told us to stop criticising in various topics, then I think we should repeat it, but I think he got it. And to be blunt, because there's no point trying to sugarcoat it, I agree some of GR's posts lately are too mean and/or non-constructive. I digress, I'll try not to talk about it more on this topic because I don't want it to become de-railed then die out (if you want to continue talking about it to me, please send me a PM).
Quote: Arc of Archives

Fair enough, then. I was going to say those posts are still pointless, but if this is your only way to "call GR out", so be it. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:54:44 23/07/2014 by Arc of Archives
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#49 Posted: 02:10:16 23/07/2014
I don't think complaining on this website is the best way to pass on constructive criticism to Activsion. There are better ways, such as your project of working through the media about this youtube issue.

As for negative comments, I've expressed that they get old after awhile, for sure. However, I don't want any of these members to stop posting. Ghostroaster, GothamLord, and others seem like good people to me. I don't need to agree all the time, and as I've stated, I tend to look to play the devil's advocate role when it's there. Does not at all mean that I don't understand and appreciate a different point of view.
#50 Posted: 02:13:36 23/07/2014

You promise?

I was referring to those producing content for youtube, but if you want to act juvenile...have at it. I won't take your bait.

Btw, the local franchise critiques have their own thread, and the discussions are some of the best on this forum. IMO the best won't stay the best if they remain the same, and everyone criticizing the franchise is doing so out of concerns we have to have this franchise remain on top. Think about it. No one is trolling this site because they have nothing better to do, and we bring logical arguments and reasoning...not feelings.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 02:19:36 23/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me