darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > How will you use the old characters
Page 1 of 1
How will you use the old characters
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#1 Posted: 12:20:07 19/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I recently had a thought about changing up which characters I use for TT. In the past, like most, I play with the new characters pretty exclusively, rarely picking up one of the old characters. The kids and I would typically try and max out the upgrades (which is too easy now) and then probably move on. This time I'm thinking about picking out a dozen of my favorite oldies, and playing with them exclusively, at least until I've gone through all the levels. I'll let the kids play the new characters as much as I want of course, and I'm sure I'll play the new ones eventually, but I'm going to avoid it at first.

The idea is to enjoy what I have a little bit more. I haven't gotten tired of many of the characters, just got tired of the old content. For some of the later characters, like Fryno, I never got to experience them with fresh content. As well, I'm thinking I'll get more out of going through the game a 2nd/3rd time if it's done with new characters in later iterations.

Not exactly sure what the dozen oldies are going to be, but it will be fun to pick the top 12 as well.

Just curious to see if anyone else had any thoughts like this, or were coming with your own 'rules' on how you play they game to make the experience more entertaining for you.
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#2 Posted: 12:26:38 19/07/2014
Don't know, maybe I'll just use them while exploring the Skylanders Academy or when facing a villain, get them all 'freshed' up on TT.
preciousawaken Yellow Sparx Gems: 1774
#3 Posted: 17:03:35 19/07/2014
I have had the same routine since Giants. I play exclusively with the new Skylanders and get them all the upgrades to determine which ones I like. Then I compare them to the old Skylanders and rank them from first to last. My top 25 then get played in the new game.
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#4 Posted: 18:37:55 19/07/2014
Well....I'll probably use any characters (that I don't have from the first three games), my top 3, and the new characters.
---
#hu
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#5 Posted: 19:54:32 19/07/2014
I'll try out the old guys to see how they perform in Trap Team and see what kind of improvements they have in the game. Also find what the supposed jump attacks each of the old guys are said to have and if it helps any of them out. Starting with smilie, smilie and smilie.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Toynerd14 Ripto Gems: 95
#6 Posted: 19:57:50 19/07/2014
I'll be using my favorites from each game and the Giants plus a Swapper from each element.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#7 Posted: 20:46:11 19/07/2014
I was going to sell all of my blue base figures because I'm gonna sell my Swap Force game, so I reset all of them. But now that I decided that I'm gonna keep a few of them along with some of my SSA and SG characters, I'll level them up again in Trap Team and I since I don't plan on buying many characters this time, I'll use the figures that I will be keeping as backup or if I need to open elemental gates.
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#8 Posted: 21:05:00 19/07/2014
Depends on how much they make old characters suck. For example: they pretty much took away speed heroic boosts (don't tell me the crappy +3 was worth anything) and thus most of the giants ended up becoming too slow to be useful. So we'll have to see how the new game treats heroics and older characters.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#9 Posted: 21:08:14 19/07/2014
I'm gonna do the Heroic challenges if there are some in TT smilie I hope so!
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#10 Posted: 21:19:24 19/07/2014
I play with Wrecking Ball first and then I mostly play with new guys.
---
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#11 Posted: 21:32:08 19/07/2014
I'll use Spyro, Punk Shock, and Spring Time Trigger Happy first due to my xbox 360 getting the red ring of death.
YerMomsFaceHere Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#12 Posted: 02:21:04 20/07/2014
Boomer was useful to me in Swap Force. I'll start off with Rattle Drilla, Boomer, then slowly get into the new guys.
---
Sugar momma's , look no further!
Technos Green Sparx Gems: 159
#13 Posted: 04:08:11 20/07/2014
I'm fine with using any core character for this game. But I don't think I'll be getting the same experience with the swappers and giants. That's why I'll always use giants in SG and swappers in SSF.
---
Favorite skylanders of each element:
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
ToySoldierMafia Blue Sparx Gems: 916
#14 Posted: 04:29:50 20/07/2014
In Swap Force, all I did was use the new guys. But I think if heroics come back then I might run through the story with my old guys for an easier play and enjoy the story before whipping everyone into shape like I did in Giants.

Later on when I grow bored of such things, I will probably mess around with all of them in arenas and stuff, starting with just the series 1's. To see who is the best original-pose, at least with my skill in a PvE setting. (Hoping for a villain/boss challenge to test PvC too, but Activision won't tell us anything) SF had so many different types of battles that made it really fun to see who did better in which setting.

The gimmicklanders will probably sit on my self. They're fun in their respective games, but I never really enjoy them for too long.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#15 Posted: 07:20:38 20/07/2014
Once I upgrade all the new characters and get them to level 10 I will use my old SSA characters again
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#16 Posted: 08:04:14 20/07/2014
i will use a good mixture of old and new. but i will be playing with the new the first week, so i get to know the new guys.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#17 Posted: 09:50:49 20/07/2014
I will use my SSA and SG and SSF in TT cause I wanna see if they changed their models and lighcore light effect in the areas cause in dark areas the light up the walls with their body or weapon.

Also I wanna level em up And use new ones
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me