Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Sony Considering Bringing Back Crash and Spyro
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Sony Considering Bringing Back Crash and Spyro [CLOSED]
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#51 Posted: 02:27:17 19/07/2014
Quote: RaymanTwilight
I hope they're going to bring Spyro back for real.

Also, am I the only one who would love to see Spyro have his own series again, but still be a part of Skylanders at the same time?

I'd like this, too.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#52 Posted: 03:33:30 19/07/2014
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: HIR

An Indie can't afford the IP,though, even with a kickstarter.And after the Skullgirls Curse, who even wants to work indie on a game from another company, it's legal issue after legal issue.

I'm not saying the studio should buy the IP. As for the Skullgirls example, I don't find it a particularly good one. The game was published by Konami, a Japanese publisher in very bad financial straights as of late. Lawsuits are excellent ways to resolve those. Activision is on pretty firm financial footing last I checked (although Vivendi is looking to sell its majority share, but I digress) so I don't quite think we'd be looking at instant lawsuits necessarily. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#53 Posted: 15:13:46 19/07/2014
SONY, JUST TRY SOMETHING ALREADY!
#54 Posted: 20:03:02 10/08/2014
Wait, I just thought of something...
[User Posted Image]
For some reason, my spidey senses are saying that this is very possible...
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#55 Posted: 20:17:04 10/08/2014
Quote: LocoGuy107
Wait, I just thought of something...
[User Posted Image]
For some reason, my spidey senses are saying that this is very possible...

Um. Sierra is owned by Activision. Or is part of the Activision company. So baka please.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
S P Y R O Blue Sparx Gems: 953
#56 Posted: 07:54:21 11/08/2014
Oh darn would spyro only be a playstation exclusive? Me have no PS. Only wii with GameCube compatibility.
---
Spyro is cool, Spyro is cool. Anyone doesn't think Spyro's cool, must be a banana. smilie smilie
#57 Posted: 15:20:08 11/08/2014
Quote: S P Y R O
Oh darn would spyro only be a playstation exclusive? Me have no PS. Only wii with GameCube compatibility.

You should probably upgrade soon. I think that Trap Team will be the last Wii game.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#58 Posted: 08:34:39 13/08/2014
Quote: bionicle2809

But, then again, that would be under the assumption that they would make a remake. Of course, if they made a new game then a Spyro game would have the same issue as a Spyro remake (if it was a Sony exclusive) and... Well, be honest, would you guys want a new Spyro or Crash game? You had plenty of them after the original trilogy and (for the most part) you didn't like them. People live under the illusion that "No guys, they need to make a new Spyro game! It'll be great!". Like ETD? Like TLoS? History has proven that Spyro wasn't good because of the games, it was good because of the people behind the game and you give it to someone who doesn't understand how it works and it's not good..

This is exactly what I'm thinking. Every company's attempt at making a Spyro and Crash game that isn't Naughty Dog or Insomniac has been bad, or at least just okay. If they start making the games again, would they even be any good, considering all the failed attempts at making Spyro and Crash games? ETD and AHT failed, and then Spyro just went into a full on reboot for no reason, and Crash had rather mediocre games since Sierra was brought in.

And if Sierra does take up Spyro again, I can honestly see them ether continuing where SL left off or continuing TLOS, both ideas I'm not fond off.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#59 Posted: 09:03:56 13/08/2014
i will be happy as long its an adventure platformer. good or bad dont matter, as long its a spyro game. i just want a real spyro game again before i die.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#60 Posted: 10:08:30 13/08/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
i will be happy as long its an adventure platformer. good or bad dont matter, as long its a spyro game. i just want a real spyro game again before i die.

with that said, it makes you sound sort of like you don't really care for Spyro in a way.

I mean if we were to get a new Spyro/Crash game you'd expect it to be good in story and in gameplay. Not another purple or orange crap of a game. And considering the way you have been acting about Spyro's popularity and starting riots among the forums, I find it kind of believable.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7752
#61 Posted: 13:11:47 13/08/2014
ehhhhhhhh it wouldn't be the same
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#62 Posted: 13:33:26 13/08/2014
Quote: DarkCynder_543
if Sierra does take up Spyro again, I can honestly see them ether continuing where SL left off or continuing TLOS, both ideas I'm not fond off.

[User Posted Image]

I mean, like I keep saying, we can still have the merge. Let's just have hatchlings co-op with Spyro so a taste of the old won't be pit of place from the new.
#63 Posted: 14:16:53 13/08/2014
Quote: Trix Master 100

with that said, it makes you sound sort of like you don't really care for Spyro in a way.

I mean if we were to get a new Spyro/Crash game you'd expect it to be good in story and in gameplay. Not another purple or orange crap of a game. And considering the way you have been acting about Spyro's popularity and starting riots among the forums, I find it kind of believable.

at this point we just have to accept anything they give us, and hope it will be good. that is the reality of things, if there is a spyro game and you dont like it you can choose not to get it. i will get it anyway good or bad, i just want to play a spyro game again.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:17:20 13/08/2014 by CountMoneyBone
#64 Posted: 21:25:57 13/08/2014

at this point we just have to accept anything they give us, and hope it will be good. that is the reality of things, if there is a spyro game and you dont like it you can choose not to get it. i will get it anyway good or bad, i just want to play a spyro game again.

Well now that's the definition of Desperate. So you just don't care if the new possible game has out of character Spyro, and has barely any stories, you just want a game for the sake of Spyro. How about for the sake of Spyro, let's hope he gets a good game.
---
icon from Empoh
#65 Posted: 22:04:49 13/08/2014
Well now that's the definition of Desperate.

So I guess "Loco" is no longer a thing?
#66 Posted: 00:03:30 14/08/2014

No Loco is when you cannot shut-up about it and continue it 24/7 out rationality. Desperate is when you don't care what happens, as long as it happens.
---
icon from Empoh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:04:13 14/08/2014 by Trix Master 100
#67 Posted: 00:59:32 14/08/2014

No Loco is when you cannot shut-up about it and continue it 24/7 out rationality. Desperate is when you don't care what happens, as long as it happens.

Oh, okay.
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#68 Posted: 01:11:24 14/08/2014
To an extent, I agree with Count Moneybone on this. As long as the game was primarily a 3D platformer, involved collecting gems to some extent, and had the name Spyro slapped onto it, I would buy it in a heartbeat (well, as long as I had the platform it was on, anyway). I won't deny that. Whether it's ETD 2 or the game we've all been waiting for, I would still buy it and 100% it if I could.

Now, I would prefer a game about Classic Spyro, in his universe, potentially with a coming-of-age storyline involving him passing the reigns on to the next generation. But that's just me; the fact that I think it's something a good portion of the Classic Spyro fans can relate to, and something that I think could involve Activision leasing the Spyro name to Sony for one game while the "next generation" dragon could get his own franchise. But this is getting fangame-y so I'll stop.

Then again, this isn't necessarily about Spyro anymore for me. As I've explained on this topic earlier, I don't care if it's Spyro, Crash, Croc, or some new IP. I want a comeback of 3D platformers. I'd really accept anything, as long as it's finished (looking at you, Flip's Twisted World).
---
Thank you for releasing me!
S P Y R O Blue Sparx Gems: 953
#69 Posted: 08:05:24 14/08/2014
You know, I hate to say this, but before he becomes a monster, they just need to let spyro go. In a dignified way, of course. As in that perhaps story could focus on, i don't know, maybe his son or daughter?
---
Spyro is cool, Spyro is cool. Anyone doesn't think Spyro's cool, must be a banana. smilie smilie
#70 Posted: 08:34:34 14/08/2014
Quote: S P Y R O
You know, I hate to say this, but before he becomes a monster, they just need to let spyro go. In a dignified way, of course. As in that perhaps story could focus on, i don't know, maybe his son or daughter?

if you look at the spyro evolution, he have become a monster already. so things ending in a dignified way is lost already..
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs7...i02-d56tchr.jpg

but we can just hope for a reboot where he get more normal looking again.........
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#71 Posted: 00:01:36 16/08/2014
^ I actually prefer Spyro's Skylanders design than his TLOS design, which IMO is is worst design (both his young and older version). I was never fond of his AHT design ether. I actually really like the Skylander design in that image (and just general artwork), and I wish he looked more like that in the actual games.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:05:13 16/08/2014 by DarkCynder_543
#72 Posted: 00:05:00 16/08/2014
^ I actually prefer Spyro's Skylanders design than his TLOS design, which IMO is is worst design (both his young and older version). I was never fond of his AHT design ether. I actually really like the Skylander design in that image, and I wish he looked more like that in the actual games.

I still like this part of a certain cover art:
[User Posted Image]
#73 Posted: 00:08:09 16/08/2014
^ Yeah I have always loved his SL design (which is why I specifically said AHT), but his in-game modal in SL is still AHT, from what I can remember. It's more that I'm not fond of the actual game modal in AHT and SL, than their concept art or whatever you call it (the drawings of them on their game covers). It's the same with Skylanders Spyro.

I mean, Skylanders Spyro actually looks so freaking cute, and it's images like these where I do really adore his design:
[User Posted Image]
But then compare it to the in-game modal, and it's why I'm now a bit iffy on his Skylanders design. His appearance in cut-scenes don't even look the same ether.
[User Posted Image]
If his appearance in the actual game looked more like his artwork, then I would be fine with his latest design. It's different, but cute and you can tell he has the 'spunk' that the old spyro had.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:20:51 16/08/2014 by DarkCynder_543
#74 Posted: 00:38:24 16/08/2014
****. It's still ****ing weird to look at.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#75 Posted: 03:04:49 16/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Y'all realize that was the first screenshot revealed for SSA and that Spyro doesn't look like that anymore and, in fact, does look like his Skylanders art? Clearly not.
#76 Posted: 03:10:09 16/08/2014
Quote: Razz
Y'all realize that was the first screenshot revealed for SSA and that Spyro doesn't look like that anymore and, in fact, does look like his Skylanders art? Clearly not.

I don't see a difference between the...

[thinks about photos]

...okay, whatever, but they look fkkking similar to me!
#77 Posted: 05:50:44 16/08/2014

I don't see a difference between the...

[thinks about photos]

...okay, whatever, but they look fkkking similar to me!

Well the first screenshot looks more spotty and grotesque when compared to the Sky Spyro splash art. I mean the wing folds are different, Spyro in the screenshot has an under bite, and is a bit of a different shade of purple. And the horns and wings don't look like they're the right color. Plus the pose in the screenshot, doesn't appear in game.
---
icon from Empoh
#78 Posted: 07:20:26 16/08/2014 | Topic Creator
You guys didn't read what I said, did you? XD That screenshot is literally the first Skylanders thing we ever saw: it was a shot from the game in production! Spyro didn't look like that even in SSA and he certainly hasn't looked like that at all since the franchise took off!
#79 Posted: 09:01:36 16/08/2014
You guys didn't read what I said, did you? XD That screenshot is literally the first Skylanders thing we ever saw: it was a shot from the game in production! Spyro didn't look like that even in SSA and he certainly hasn't looked like that at all since the franchise took off!

Well I knew what you meant. I was pointing some things out to Loco about the screenshot and the end results.
---
icon from Empoh
#80 Posted: 09:40:55 16/08/2014
okay fine then

[User Posted Image]

i still see differences
---
#81 Posted: 10:17:58 16/08/2014
okay fine then

[User Posted Image]

i still see differences

As well as do I, but I think it would be better if we used a after the product release screenshot for when comparing to a WIP before release screenshot.

[User Posted Image]

perhaps this helps?
---
icon from Empoh
#82 Posted: 10:43:25 16/08/2014
i liked best the dawn of the dargon spyro....
[User Posted Image]
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:23:48 16/08/2014 by CountMoneyBone
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#83 Posted: 18:49:13 16/08/2014
i liked best the dawn of the dargon spyro....

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
<.<;;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#84 Posted: 18:56:16 16/08/2014 | Topic Creator
There's always going to be a difference between 2D artwork and a 3D model, but my point still stands. Skyro got to looking much better and more like his art/figure quickly, so when people whine about how ugly he is based off the very first pre-production screenshot, it's pretty ridiculous.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#85 Posted: 20:35:18 16/08/2014
I don't really think this means anything right now, they basically just said it's never been something they were against doing, they simply never have done so yet. Them saying this now does not really mean they are going to do it any time soon, if at all.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#86 Posted: 22:37:36 16/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I said something like that earlier in the topic somewhere. The Sony rep didn't even mention Spyro or Crash, that was literally an assumption made by the article's writer.
TheReptileGirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1197
#87 Posted: 06:46:11 17/08/2014
The thing with the new generation, things have to change. That includes character designs, to make them more modern. Take the Sonic: Boom! characters for example, they gave them a new, fresh look, their legs are a little longer, but they are still easy to recognize. Knuckles is largeer, but it still shows that he is strong, just like before. Sonic has that adventurous but dangerous look to him, but he is still the fastest hedge hog, Amy is still as girly as ever, and she still has her hammer, and tails? Well.. He's tails.

It's time they classic Spyro a fresh look, Skylanders... Attempted to give him a fresh look, and it worked out okay, but he is a Skylander design, right? Classic Spyro needs to get a make over. Does any one remember the original concept art for Spyro? Here:

[User Posted Image]

He looks lively, he is mischievous, curious, cute, funny and has an attitude. Insomniac decided to scrap this design and make something a little bit different. This looks more cartoony, and very modern to appeal to kids AND adults.

What do you guys say?
---
It's a no from me.
#88 Posted: 07:16:50 17/08/2014
^ I'd like to point out a lot of things flawed there.

Sonic boom section
  • Sonic Boom is actually kind of Sonic spin-off. It takes place in a alt. universe.
  • Just because the designs are new doesn't mean it's the permanent modern design.
  • Also have you seen the character's bio in the Sonic Boom department? Amy's bio is an awful lot like Sally's in personality ways.
  • The characters still have their Modern designs, but they will be used in later games and in comics.

Spyro section
  • The Concept of Spyro picture you showed us, is most likely not the real deal. Considerign it's from deviantart, and the meme stuff in it. Plus it was just an artist drawing Spyro. http://casey-star.deviantart.c...tures-312396206
  • Also the deviantation is just a big arse tracing of the concept art. It's not official or original.
  • You forgot Spyro's characteristics of being brave.

All I have to say here.
---
icon from Empoh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:37:20 17/08/2014 by Trix Master 100
#89 Posted: 17:54:30 17/08/2014
Actually Trix, this is the official art, just in color. The guy who did this actualy copied the original sketches and made this, he gave credit to the original sketches to insomniac, all he did was fix them up a little and color them. The sketches are official, they were just dumped. Here are the original sketches by Insomniac:

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

And here is a page dedicted to ALL the Spyro concepts by Insomniac Games:

http://www.theanimationacademy.com/spyromenu.htm

And you can find a whole lot more with a bit of internet digging. I know what I'm looking for, and yes I know, but I was giving some prime examples of his personality, I can't give every single one because he has a lot of different behavoirs ranging from playful crazy puppy to furious and snarky bull. Again, those are metaphors.

I know that the Sonic: Boom! characters are in their own universe, but I havbe a feeling they will stick with those characters for a looong while. I was talking appearance wise as well, and so what if they made her a little more girly? Still looks and sounds like the Amy Rose I remember.

Anyways, we are getting off-subject here.

classic Spyro needs to be modernized, he'll still have his personality, he just needs a new look.
---
It's a no from me.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:57:13 17/08/2014 by TheReptileGirl
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#90 Posted: 18:16:18 17/08/2014
Quote:
The thing with the new generation, things have to change. That includes character designs, to make them more modern. Take the Sonic: Boom! characters for example, they gave them a new, fresh look, their legs are a little longer, but they are still easy to recognize. Knuckles is largeer, but it still shows that he is strong, just like before. Sonic has that adventurous but dangerous look to him, but he is still the fastest hedge hog, Amy is still as girly as ever, and she still has her hammer, and tails? Well.. He's tails.

Sonic Boom is not the best example for this, as it's a spin-off branch of the franchise that's designed to give Western creators more involvement in the franchise, as well as to be something to appeal to kids. The Japanese developed Sonic games that we've always had are still going to be the "main" series, and even the upcoming Sonic movie is not going to be based on Sonic Boom, it's going to be based on the games, and the CGI is even being done by Marza, who do the CGI in the Sonic games (but they aren't working on Sonic Boom).
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#91 Posted: 22:22:36 17/08/2014
Quote: TheReptileGirl
Actually Trix, this is the official art, just in color. The guy who did this actualy copied the original sketches and made this, he gave credit to the original sketches to insomniac, all he did was fix them up a little and color them. The sketches are official, they were just dumped. Here are the original sketches by Insomniac:

I know that the Sonic: Boom! characters are in their own universe, but I havbe a feeling they will stick with those characters for a looong while. I was talking appearance wise as well, and so what if they made her a little more girly? Still looks and sounds like the Amy Rose I remember.

Anyways, we are getting off-subject here.

classic Spyro needs to be modernized, he'll still have his personality, he just needs a new look.

you mean copied and put in color -.- sorry I don't think even copied art is official/original. You should have posted the original non colored concepts up first. Then I would have believed it better.

Uh. Girly is not what I meant. I meant more the girl power and such parts. You should compare Sally Acorn's personality and compare it to Sonic Boom, Amy's. You'll see what I mean.

Plus this discussion feels to me pointless. I mean we've discussing how it won't happen and what not. That and Skylanders Spyro, is probably the closest to "modern" Spyro you're gonna get for now.
---
icon from Empoh
#92 Posted: 22:39:08 17/08/2014
No no no, that's not what I meant. I said the art is official, yeah it may have been copied and colored, but the art itself is official. The artist traced this and put it in color, the official art from Insomniac, sorry, I m not the best at explaining things.

Alright, I am sorry for the Sonic: Boom! thing, that is my fault entirely.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens in the future I suppose.
---
It's a no from me.
#93 Posted: 23:37:02 17/08/2014
No no no, that's not what I meant. I said the art is official, yeah it may have been copied and colored, but the art itself is official. The artist traced this and put it in color, the official art from Insomniac, sorry, I m not the best at explaining things.

Well traced is not really official. It's just traced, from the official concept is where I'm getting at. Or as for my rule on the official stuff "If it's not from the direct company/owner, it's not official."
---
icon from Empoh
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#94 Posted: 13:34:31 25/12/2014
I think they should at least do Crash. Activision left him after Giants did so good. I mean he hasn't had a game in probably 3 years which is a long time. Can you imagine Mario not getting a game in 3 years? He gets one or two a year and Crash has nothing anymore.
#95 Posted: 05:04:41 28/12/2014
it has always annoyed me that activision apparently has the rights for crash, yet hasn't even done anything with him. what's the point in owning the rights to something if you're not even going to ****ing use it!?
---
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#96 Posted: 11:21:36 28/12/2014
Ask that to every company with a franchise in limbo ever. Most of them being childhood mascots is optional. Capcom having a hold of several Clover Studios(now Platinum Games) IPs but never having used those properly to save themselves is just one of many examples.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7752
#97 Posted: 23:07:00 28/12/2014

It's time they classic Spyro a fresh look, Skylanders... Attempted to give him a fresh look, and it worked out okay, but he is a Skylander design, right? Classic Spyro needs to get a make over. Does any one remember the original concept art for Spyro? Here:

[User Posted Image]

He looks lively, he is mischievous, curious, cute, funny and has an attitude. Insomniac decided to scrap this design and make something a little bit different. This looks more cartoony, and very modern to appeal to kids AND adults.

What do you guys say?

I really like this design. If they brought him back, I'd like him to look like this. 1999-2004 Spyro is Classic and shouldn't be remade, in my opinion
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me