darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > IMPORTANT! If you want to keep the leaked pics...
Page 1 of 1
IMPORTANT! If you want to keep the leaked pics...
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#1 Posted: 14:46:54 13/07/2014 | Topic Creator
If you want to keep the leaked pictures for future reference, open a Wordpad/Microsoft Word/etc., and then copy & paste the pictures onto the document. If it's a private video on Youtube or similar, Activision will be able to take it down. However, if you make a document on your computer, then they won't be able to find it and take it down.
---
You can't handle MEMES
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:47:18 13/07/2014 by Qcumber
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#2 Posted: 15:00:16 13/07/2014
Yes, and do NOT MAKE ANY VIDEOS. Activision will remove them and you will get a copyright strike. Three strikes, and your channel will be deleted.

Several users have already gotten strikes against them.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#3 Posted: 16:31:05 13/07/2014
Why would you save pictures into a word document? Just save them as images on your hard drive.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#4 Posted: 16:48:17 13/07/2014
^Exactly. You can just right click them, select Save As and then save them to your pictures folder.
#5 Posted: 17:10:36 13/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: alicecarp
^Exactly. You can just right click them, select Save As and then save them to your pictures folder.

You can do that, as well. I usually copy & paste them, as it's easier to access Wordpad on my PC.
---
You can't handle MEMES
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#6 Posted: 18:27:06 13/07/2014
You know someone should really go and save them online somewhere. That'd certainly be swell.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#7 Posted: 18:31:07 13/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyroflame0487
You know someone should really go and save them online somewhere. That'd certainly be swell.

I think you can upload them to the internet if you use Microsoft Publisher.

Also, I don't think they do anything about Avatars like mine (Blades). I don't think they did anything about it last year, anyway.
---
You can't handle MEMES
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#8 Posted: 22:53:24 13/07/2014
I'm really curious... this particular copyright case is a non-starter, since all Activision has to do is snap their fingers and Youtube jumps like a dog at their command, but, in reality, showing off these images as a part of a news story - pretty much falls under any definition of fair use (and I'm not the kind of person to cry "fair use" just because copyright is inconvenient for me).

Can you copyright an image? Yup. Every image ever is copyrighted by the creator the moment it's created. Your images on Facebook, selfies you SnapChat to your friends - it's all copyrighted. However, there's a clear exemption in copyright law that allows for the use of copyrighted materials in the reporting of news. This is why your local channel seven news team can take photos of people off Facebook and reproduce/broadcast them as a part of a news report.

It'd be interesting to see Activision try to press an actual copyright claim in court on the reproduction of these images as a part of an informative piece discussing the leak. They'd very likely lose - but that's the glory of Youtube's copyright policies... they're not based in law, they're based in appeasing copyright holders.
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#9 Posted: 22:57:12 13/07/2014
I'm more surprised they haven't gone out of their way to ask staff here to remove threads and images on the matter: apparently my information onw aht was hidden in the game's coding got nuked simply because a Toys for Bob rep felt they didn't want the public knowing that info at the time. Which is still a strange case given that this forum isn't in any kind of agreement with Acti or TFB.
#10 Posted: 23:05:32 13/07/2014
I mentioned it odd that Activision wants to go this route on things with the new Skylanders. We've had such a drought on information, and then they want to basically bully people via YouTube for getting excited about new information. It seems counter productive. Given none of the "regulars" we have on YouTubers had posted anything with the exception, I think of MaliceDoll. Which of course is gone now. Most the others however were at E3 and I'm sure subject to non-disclosures ahead of time. Either way Activision's overwhelming hubris is certainly showing here. YouTube of course disappoints me again, but they generally cower when it comes to where the money comes from.
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#11 Posted: 23:12:24 13/07/2014
Activision are usually very hands off with leaks. The recent leak of the COD trailer is a prime example of how they generally react to leaks. However, many of the images shown on the Home Enter website are crappy quality. It's more likely that they would rather show these to the public with better quality versions. We'll see what happens tomorrow, as we've reached out to Activision regarding this leak.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
#12 Posted: 23:22:20 13/07/2014
I'm curious if this is more related to the traps and the images for them than the Skylander characters themselves. As the traps and villains seem to be the major source of controversy at the moment.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#13 Posted: 23:56:57 13/07/2014
Quote: wideawakewesley
Activision are usually very hands off with leaks. The recent leak of the COD trailer is a prime example of how they generally react to leaks. However, many of the images shown on the Home Enter website are crappy quality. It's more likely that they would rather show these to the public with better quality versions. We'll see what happens tomorrow, as we've reached out to Activision regarding this leak.

Do you think there is anyway you could get them to drop the copyright strikes on our videos?
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
milton310 Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#14 Posted: 00:13:25 14/07/2014
It is unlikely that they will drop the strikes until they officially announce these new characters
---
"One choice can lead to a change to the metagame"
Member of the Smogon OU/Ban Committee
Head of Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Tiering List
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#15 Posted: 01:55:47 14/07/2014
How about this Acti? I don't care to see your product. I guess you'll want me to jump and beg for your product when YOU'RE ready. I'll pass.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me