darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Skylanders that you want to be buffed/nerfed/stay the same
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders that you want to be buffed/nerfed/stay the same
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#1 Posted: 10:28:26 13/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Buffed:
smilie Make his fists faster!
smilie This guy needs it badly.
smilie He isn't very good and on Spooky Specter he's awful.
smilie His beam needs to last longer and his crystals shouldn't be targeted and broken by enemies.

Nerfed:
No one please.

Stay the same:
smilie Please don't nerf him as he's perfect in Swap Force but buffing would be cool smilie.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:31:16 13/07/2014 by wreckingballbob
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#2 Posted: 10:52:29 13/07/2014
Toys for Bob doesn't care about bilancing their game. They gives random damages point to their characters. Hex's Wow Pow 250, Krypt King slash 180 and more. Only Vicarious Vision cares about bilancing characters, toys for bob makes everyone "stronger" and fast.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#3 Posted: 11:58:35 13/07/2014
I think you have that in reverse.
Toynerd14 Ripto Gems: 95
#4 Posted: 12:06:01 13/07/2014
Quote: Buuzer
Toys for Bob doesn't care about bilancing their game. They gives random damages point to their characters. Hex's Wow Pow 250, Krypt King slash 180 and more. Only Vicarious Vision cares about bilancing characters, toys for bob makes everyone "stronger" and fast.

Because Swap Force was SOOOOO balanced *cough* NightShiftBumbleBlastOPa***** *cough*
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#5 Posted: 12:24:30 13/07/2014
Quote: Toynerd14

Because Swap Force was SOOOOO balanced *cough* NightShiftBumbleBlastOPa***** *cough*

They "tried" to balance and we have:
Older Skylanders are unuseful (except a few)
All their skylanders are overpowered
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#6 Posted: 12:59:03 13/07/2014
Terrafin. ...Do I really need to say anything?
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#7 Posted: 13:00:10 13/07/2014
Can't they just keep the Skylanders the same for once!? if it was for me every old Skylander got his stats and damage back like it was in SSA....
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#8 Posted: 13:02:20 13/07/2014
Rattle Rise isn't even fair.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#9 Posted: 13:05:19 13/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Kevin16
Can't they just keep the Skylanders the same for once!? if it was for me every old Skylander got his stats and damage back like it was in SSA....

Yeah, except Wrecking Ball.
---
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#10 Posted: 13:40:58 13/07/2014
Buff smilie, smilie and smilie for sure please. One thing I give Vicarious Visions credit for is finally fixing smilie and removing all of his glitches.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Corn_Hornet Yellow Sparx Gems: 1982
#11 Posted: 15:27:34 13/07/2014
Sprocket needs a boost to her turret building. She should be able to throw a turret down and keep running instead of having to stand there powerless while it builds. They should be ready as fast as Grilla Drilla's turrets or Rattle Shake's deputy snake.
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#12 Posted: 15:30:50 13/07/2014
Quote: Corn_Hornet
Sprocket needs a boost to her turret building. She should be able to throw a turret down and keep running instead of having to stand there powerless while it builds. They should be ready as fast as Grilla Drilla's turrets or Rattle Shake's deputy snake.

Agreed.

Most of the time I use attacks like Pop Fizz's beast mode before entering battle. However, since Sprocket's Turrets take so long to set up and don't move, I rarely use them.
---
You can't handle MEMES
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#13 Posted: 15:40:54 13/07/2014

The game is still in it's test phase. Krypt King is most likely going to be less powerful than that.

Hex's Wow Pow in Giants, while overpowered, leaves Hex vulnerable to long range attacks.

Anchors Away Gilly needs to be buffed, as his Wow Pow is probably the weakest in the game.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:41:54 13/07/2014 by Matteomax
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#14 Posted: 16:32:51 13/07/2014
It's so easy to get Hex damaged while charging it's nearly a challenge in itself to actually use her in big groups of enemies. TFB does actual balancing but does a lot of power creep as well,VV just makes their own characters better so people will buy them.

In my opinion, bring the Giants speed stats back for the old guys, keep everyone at the same level so the game is enjoyable no matter from which game the 'lander is from. Get rid of some of the power creep so 150 damage attacks still mean something. Not sure about specifics, since I don't have SF.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Corn_Hornet Yellow Sparx Gems: 1982
#15 Posted: 17:47:40 13/07/2014
Quote: Qcumber

Agreed.

Most of the time I use attacks like Pop Fizz's beast mode before entering battle. However, since Sprocket's Turrets take so long to set up and don't move, I rarely use them.

Yeah, she needs to constantly be moving so she can't be swarmed by enemies and she lacks a speed charge or decent aoe attack. Her wrench attack isn't bad, but you have to run in circles a lot to reposition her to use it. Ideally, the turrets would provide cover while she's running & wrenching things, but any non-chompy enemies can take them out as soon as they're set up. I usually end up just throwing landmines at things as her main attack. smilie
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#16 Posted: 17:57:42 13/07/2014
Well...there's too many to list.
---
#hu
Toynerd14 Ripto Gems: 95
#17 Posted: 18:11:27 13/07/2014
Night Shift needs to be needed a bit. He's too OP in PVP.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#18 Posted: 17:11:11 14/07/2014
Quote: wreckingballbob

Uhm no, Wrecking Ball is a little bit to OP now... they better make his damage a little lower then how it is now
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#19 Posted: 22:03:49 14/07/2014

I'd say it's the other way around, actually.
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#20 Posted: 22:06:23 14/07/2014
Quote: wreckingballbob

Uhm no, Wrecking Ball is a little bit to OP now... they better make his damage a little lower then how it is now

Yeah I agree, his damage is as high as Wiz Khalifa. They should make him weaker than he was in SSF, but stronger than he was in SSA and SG
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#21 Posted: 01:15:03 15/07/2014
Quote: Toynerd14
Night Shift needs to be needed a bit. He's too OP in PVP.

Especially in Ring Out modes... ;-; He can punch AND teleport to you!!! NIGHT SHIFT IS THE KING OF RING OUT!! But seriously though, no one can beat him, though i did beat him (just barely ._.) with Rattle Blade
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#22 Posted: 01:40:26 15/07/2014
Quote: Qcumber

Agreed.

Yeah, she needs to constantly be moving so she can't be swarmed by enemies and she lacks a speed charge or decent aoe attack. Her wrench attack isn't bad, but you have to run in circles a lot to reposition her to use it. Ideally, the turrets would provide cover while she's running & wrenching things, but any non-chompy enemies can take them out as soon as they're set up. I usually end up just throwing landmines at things as her main attack. smilie

I use her mines to knock up enemies, toss a couple bunches in front so that they get stunned by both and give me extra time to get a turret built. Sadly, this is only really useful if you're just fighting a couple of enemies and it's still too hard to set up a turret when you're surrounded. I like your ideas for buffing her (at the same time, her turrets are pretty powerful if set up which makes them difficult but satisfying, so I don't know if I'd buff her the same way). She's my favourite Skylander, but she still has problems I would like to see fixed.

They also need to make Landmine Golf hit multiple enemies again, because right now its only use is to damage or stun a faraway enemy, which isn't something you'll be doing that often. Because you need to manually aim it, it doesn't work that great for the purpose of stunning a faraway and takes too much time, and damaging a faraway is only notably useful while you're running up to them and have clear shots. Giving it an explosion, larger than what it had in Giants, would make it useful for clearing a faraway batch of Chompies, for example.
It likely still wouldn't be outstanding, but it'd become more useful, not to mention easier to aim with an explosion. Either that, or a damage boost would make it more useful. Perhaps a mix of both, give it an explosion close to that it had in Giants and boost the damage to 80 or so- you'd be able to clear Chompies with it, but it could be a fairly decent projectile too, which would be nice to have when there's no turret up. I don't think it'd be too overpowered because it isn't that fast to use it.

Also, I haven't played her in SF in ages, but IIRC if you got hit while building a turret there it stops building. Considering you're already risking getting hit and your turret may get destroyed very quickly anyway, there was no need for that nerf- if Sprocket still has to stick around to build her turret (which is probably how I'd keep things- though also making her build them faster), that nerf should be removed and revert to Giants, where the turret finishes building itself if Sprocket's hit.

Related: I love her Wow Pow and based most of this on the S2. It makes her tank so satisfying to use, and it's actually a good attack, giving her something that can hit a lot of enemies (limited attack area was the main problem with her tank). I reaaaalllllyy hope that it isn't nerfed in TT.
Sadly, most of my proposed buffs still leave S1 Sprocket's tank kind of useless, but I'm not really sure how to buff that. I think it's perfect for a difficult, but satisfying attack- but it only really works that way with the S2 version. It's just not strong enough, not worth going out of your way to set up with, when using S1 Sprocket and the shot range is too limited. However, I still think the S1 version would be decent enough without her tank, even though it'd be a shame that it wasn't very useful, when it's so fun to set it up with the S2.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 01:58:05 15/07/2014 by Arc of Archives
#23 Posted: 06:44:25 15/07/2014
I want smilie to be faster. I feel as if he attacked slower in SSF than he did in SSA and SG. Even if it means having to make him do less damage, I would prefer it over his SSF version.
---
You can't handle MEMES
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#24 Posted: 07:40:43 15/07/2014
I'll be a happy camper if they fix that awful auto-aim and pet AI in SF since two of my favorite characters are much more awkward to use because of it.

For Whirlwind, it's harder to chain rainbows in combat since even if you actually aim at the thunder clouds, you turn and hit enemies instead. Playing between SF and Giants, it's very easy to feel the difference.

And Sonic Boom because her babies beeline straight for crates instead of enemies. Despite getting an upgrade to fly, they can't seem to "jump" platforms so they have to be continuously resummoned. It makes the baby path very cumbersome since they are much less effective/willing to fight.

I did see a video of TT gameplay where a bomb was thrown and went towards the bombable wall they aimed for instead of nearby rubble (which happens so commonly in SF), so maybe they fixed the wonky aiming.
---
#all Spyros are valid
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#25 Posted: 12:59:58 15/07/2014
Drobot needs to be buffed to how he was in SSA and Giants, in Swap Force he shoots so slowly compared to the rapid fire blasts of previous games.
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#26 Posted: 17:33:37 15/07/2014
Cynder needs to be fixed where she can't take damage during the shadow dash thing. Roaster needs to be able to hit multiple times while in skull charge. I just hope they don't do the normal thing of nerfing all the characters from the prior games (sans TT reposes of course) and make the current game's characters over powered. It's just too obvious of a tactic to make the new characters appear better and drive more sales.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
Dark Bro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4514
#27 Posted: 18:45:55 15/07/2014
Wrecking ball really needs to be nerfed down badly.
I don't mind about the tounge attacking twice, but 47 attack for each hit is way too much.
It would be fine if they made it 20 for each hit, but 47 is way too OP'd.
---
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
Mewtwo - Pokemon:The First Movie
Dyno-Mite Ripto Gems: 92
#28 Posted: 19:20:45 15/07/2014
For the Magic:
smilie Buff
smilie Nada
smilie Buff
smilie Nada
smilie Nada
smilie Buff
:dunemage: Buff
smilie Nerf
smilie Nada
smilie Buff
#29 Posted: 20:39:17 15/07/2014
Fire:
smilie: Buff
smilie: Nada
smilie: Nerf (a little)

Water:
smilie: Buff (A tiny bit)
smilie: Buff (a tiny bit)
smilie: Nerf (a tiny bit)

Magic:
smilie: Buff (only a tiny bit)
smilie: Nerf
smilie: Buff (just the explosion)
smilie: Buff (a looooot)
smilie Nada

That's it for now.
---
#hu
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:47:08 15/07/2014 by Rickorio
#30 Posted: 07:14:18 16/07/2014
Quote: Dyno-Mite

smilie Buff

I think he was OP in Giants, and still OP now, but not as much. If you use his minion potion and then switch to his damage potion, you can do around 40-70 (if you still have all minions) per hit, and your minions can act as your defenses. And if your enemy/enemies get trapped in a corner, you can throw the acid potions, switch back to your normal potions, and do 60 damage while your enemy/enemies is/are trapped by the acid bottles.

And then, if you fully upgrade him on Best of the Beast, you've got another 3 attacks. I haven't tried all of them yet, but his flame breath is like Sunburn's 2nd-stage, fully-upgraded, Flamethrower.

I think, if you use him right, he's one of the most OP Skylanders.
---
You can't handle MEMES
#31 Posted: 15:43:30 16/07/2014
^ Ditto.
---
#hu
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#32 Posted: 16:17:34 16/07/2014
The game doesn't need balancing. With Trap Team the total of unique characters will number 112. There are good ones and bad ones. Some people want a bruiser that does insane damage, others like characters that are more challenging to use effectively. Some like using underpowered characters to increase difficulty for the accomplishment of just doing it. Some people make a point of playing Dan in Street Fighter games (an intentionally underpowered character) because they like the challenge, while others only play whichever is considered to be the top tier currently.

They don't need to be all of equal capability. With 112 options, you are bound to find something you enjoy playing - it may not be a figure you think looks the coolest, but that's part of the fun in discovering what you like. This series has never been so difficult that you have to be at your best to succeed (unless it is some optional achievement/feat/trophy).
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#33 Posted: 17:15:44 16/07/2014
^ I agree. I just hate it when they nerf prior characters to make the new ones seem better.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#34 Posted: 22:46:27 16/07/2014
Definitely buff riptide.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#35 Posted: 07:30:40 17/07/2014
One character that needs to be nerfed badly, or he'll become broken/OP in STT. He's not one you'll expect to be OP, and I only found out about this a minute ago:
smilie

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=96622 He came make anything do higher damage. The coconuts from the turrets almost doubled in damage.
---
You can't handle MEMES
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:31:28 17/07/2014 by Qcumber
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me