darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Adventure Packs in Trap Team: Nightmare Express and Mirror of Mystery
Page 1 of 1
Adventure Packs in Trap Team: Nightmare Express and Mirror of Mystery
milton310 Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#1 Posted: 02:45:04 13/07/2014 | Topic Creator
From the leaks posted today, there were two adventure packs posted. There is the Nightmare Express and the Mirror of Mystery. I thought that both packs look really nice, and look to have good game play. What do you guys think?

I feel that Mirror of Mystery is interesting, since it has both a light and dark Eon. It might be something of having a light and dark world where you might have to switch between them in order to defeat the force that created the dark world

For the Nightmare Express, I thought that there could be two possibilities. One might be that the entire level could be in a train, and you have to fight your way through to the engine where you have to defeat it. Another possibility might be that there could be an undead invasion of a train yard, and you have to control different trains to get to the main one to defeat.

So what is your opinion?
---
"One choice can lead to a change to the metagame"
Member of the Smogon OU/Ban Committee
Head of Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Tiering List
Toynerd14 Ripto Gems: 95
#2 Posted: 02:51:18 13/07/2014
Nightmare Express is AWESOME! Undead is my favorite element. I'm hooked with ANY Adventure Packs based off of that element

Mirror of Magic better have that image painted on the Toy. That just looks way too cool for it to be cheap IRL. That would make MoM the BEST looking Adventure Pack piece to DATE! Toy quality seems up according to videos. They look really high quality this time around.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#3 Posted: 03:15:12 13/07/2014
Nightmare Express wins it for me because of the design of the train. To me, I think it'd be an awesome villain to battle, like, you have to battle through the train to reach the engine room where you find out the train is driving itself lol.
Piggy Bank will probably be some sort of money multiplier item (like the Sky Diamond) and Hand of Fate will probably reach out of the ground and randomly drag enemies down.

Mirror of Mystery is also pretty neat looking, especially with the "Dark" Eon being show. It'd be cool to have a Nega Skylanders Universe where Kaos' Minions lived before he spawned them into our world/ have a bunch of "Shadow" versions of the Skylanders we're playing with.

Rocket Ram will probably blast around the area hitting enemies and Tiki Speaky will probably float around you as a Defense Item...maybe a little Aku Aku joke.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Technos Green Sparx Gems: 159
#4 Posted: 04:30:13 13/07/2014
In my opinion, these two adventure pack levels are the best ones yet! I think I'm more curious to see what Mirror of Mystery has to offer. And it's great too because Deja Vu is included in the pack and I think she's pretty nice.
---
Favorite skylanders of each element:
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#5 Posted: 04:47:26 13/07/2014
So a lot of people have been saying that the Mirror of Mystery level would probably be an alternate world where the Skylanders are evil and I agree but what if when you play the level you play as your trapped villain instead of your Skylander and only get to play as your Skylander for 30 seconds like you would normally with the villains.
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#6 Posted: 06:33:44 13/07/2014
i hope that if there is a 'Duel World" in the Mirror of Mystery it is not just for solving puzzles like in the Crypt in SSA.
That said though, the figure looks really nice, which matters more to me to be honest, as i'll be displaying and admiring it long after i have had enough of the game.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#7 Posted: 06:39:26 13/07/2014
I think the Nightmare Express is going to be my favorite.
---
You can't handle MEMES
assassinelf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1180
#8 Posted: 06:53:18 13/07/2014
Mirror of Mystery looks amazing!
---
Rickinelf: I ship it
Check out Survivor! Season 10! In forum games! Yay!
ToySoldierMafia Blue Sparx Gems: 916
#9 Posted: 06:55:21 13/07/2014
I'm a little curious at the Skylanders that are coming in the packs. Since TfB is doing it again this time, I would assume that the Skylanders have some connection or theme surrounding the pack, similar to the old SSA ones. Could be a key to what they are about.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#10 Posted: 08:09:35 13/07/2014
Both packs are great. My prediction that deja vu would be in an adventure pack is correct.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#11 Posted: 11:43:55 13/07/2014
Both look fanastic, but Mirror of Mystery in particular looks interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if it's an alternate world of Skylanders, where Kaos is the good guy and asking for your help to defend the world from the 'evil' Skylanders of his world.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#12 Posted: 11:54:49 13/07/2014
Nightmare Express is amazing in design and Blades is my new favorite Air and 2nd favorite of this game. I would love being a train level personally. Activision now has $25 more bucks from me.
lcopley98 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#13 Posted: 18:00:54 13/07/2014
Quote: GigaCamo
Nightmare Express is amazing in design and Blades is my new favorite Air and 2nd favorite of this game. I would love being a train level personally. Activision now has $25 more bucks from me.

Ohh me too.....
---
Casual Skylander Gamer
Nuzlocke Challenge http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/posttopic.php?forum=56&post=true
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#14 Posted: 18:03:55 13/07/2014
Quote: lcopley98
Quote: GigaCamo

Ohh me too.....

Me three.
---
You can't handle MEMES
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#15 Posted: 20:16:58 13/07/2014
Is it just me or is Life so far the only element to not have any figures available in the Adventure Packs? Since Deja Vu will be the first Magic Skylander to appear in one of the new Adventure Packs whereas Blades is the second Air Skylander, there are currently no Life Skylanders in the Adventure Pack. Also, I'd be totally satisfied to buy both the Mirror of Mystery and the Nightmare Express.
#16 Posted: 01:39:34 14/07/2014 | Topic Creator
My only main concern with the Adventure Packs is that the Mirror seems to have paper printing for Eon.
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#17 Posted: 01:49:08 14/07/2014
It's just another piece of plastic that provides DLC to content already on the disc we purchased. Perhaps there will be a train wreck on the mightmare express after all. The mirror of mystery is what they will look into after sales numbers come in.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
darkdroboto2 Green Sparx Gems: 117
#18 Posted: 16:52:18 14/07/2014
In the discovery trailer the part where it shows the traps on the right of kao's trap there is a beige colored trap that looks like eon, does anyone think it might tie into the mirror of mystery adventure pack ? If it does maybe in the pack eon and the skylanders are evil and kaos and the " villains " are good. Just a theory
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#19 Posted: 00:52:00 15/07/2014
I just hope that TFB won't be sending singles of Deja Vu and Blades just like they did with Pop Thorn and Wind-Up. It'd be a total waste to resell them as singles and/or triple packs. As a matter of fact, they never did with Sunburn, Ghost Roaster, Slam Bam, and Terrafin from Spyro's Adventures.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#20 Posted: 01:03:59 15/07/2014
^ Blades is confirmed to be in a Triple with Torch and S4 Gill Grunt. I also saw the images of Blades and Deja Vu by themselves and assumed they were listed in single packs, in addition to Blades being in the Triple. I was disappointed that there was no listing for either in a Single.

I agree with the worry about the Mirror of Mystery having a paper piece on the figure, but besides that these look like they could be interesting levels. I just hope we have more APs for later waves. It was such a letdown in SF when they bought them back, but there were only two and one was out at launch, so we only had one left to look forward to afterwards.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:06:42 15/07/2014 by Arc of Archives
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#21 Posted: 10:39:25 15/07/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
It's just another piece of plastic that provides DLC to content already on the disc we purchased. Perhaps there will be a train wreck on the mightmare express after all. The mirror of mystery is what they will look into after sales numbers come in.

Well yes, every figure is also basically a piece of plastic with DLC technically. I get your disappointment with this next run, not sure why you would discourage others optimism.
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#22 Posted: 11:27:34 15/07/2014
Quote: melvimbe

Well yes, every figure is also basically a piece of plastic with DLC technically. I get your disappointment with this next run, not sure why you would discourage others optimism.

While I dont claim to speak for Ghost, I can say personally a lot of the "discouragement" that some of seem to throw around is because the optimism from some (not all) is given blindly. Some people all it takes is a few pretty new character designs to have them jumping off the walls screaming, "We love you again, Activision!! My faith is restored" . The facts still remain of the timer concern, lack of really new innovation with the game, the secrecy this time around up to the point of bullying YouTuber with threats regarding copyright, refusal to cross market the brand, and continued blatant ignoring of other game problems. Continuing to throw money at them, is just going to have them keep recycling the same formula over and over again. Stagnation is bad.

I love some of the new character designs we've seen. I would love to play them in game. If the game is just a rehash though of Giants with a new coat of paint its all in vain.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#23 Posted: 14:19:22 15/07/2014
I agree, I don't think anyone that is seriously skeptical about Trap Team was that way due to expected character design. Having cool and creative figures has never been the issue and it was a given that they would have some great new ones.
#24 Posted: 21:31:55 15/07/2014
^ Correctamundo, Mr. Kotter. GothamLord, keep the fires burning. We are essentially mirror copies in terms of our thoughts of the fanchise. Yep, I'm calling it a fanchise. We'll see if the dis-enfranchised continue rewarding them for mediocrity.

Hence why I'm limiting my time here and my posting. Don't want to ruin it for those who are impressionable and can't think for themselves.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:43:12 15/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
#25 Posted: 23:11:11 15/07/2014
Quote: GothamLord

While I dont claim to speak for Ghost, I can say personally a lot of the "discouragement" that some of seem to throw around is because the optimism from some (not all) is given blindly. Some people all it takes is a few pretty new character designs to have them jumping off the walls screaming, "We love you again, Activision!! My faith is restored" . The facts still remain of the timer concern, lack of really new innovation with the game, the secrecy this time around up to the point of bullying YouTuber with threats regarding copyright, refusal to cross market the brand, and continued blatant ignoring of other game problems. Continuing to throw money at them, is just going to have them keep recycling the same formula over and over again. Stagnation is bad.

I love some of the new character designs we've seen. I would love to play them in game. If the game is just a rehash though of Giants with a new coat of paint its all in vain.

Like I said, I get the disappointment. Although I don't think I'm as disappointed as you, ghostroaster, and others, I think the points of contention are accurate. However, this thread isn't about the timer, lack of innovations, copyright threats etc. There is a thread for that specifically plus comments in other threads around. If people are excited and want to speculate on the adventure packs, I don't see the need to be negative about that, even if the excitement isn't based on solid facts, or despite the other disappointments we know of.

Quote:
Hence why I'm limiting my time here and my posting. Don't want to ruin it for those who are impressionable and can't think for themselves

If you don't want to ruin it, you might start by avoiding calling people impressionable and unable to think for themselves.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:20:21 15/07/2014 by melvimbe
#26 Posted: 00:50:45 16/07/2014
Oh, I need to worry about ruining it for others but I can't communicate my opinions on a yet-to-be-released game on an open forum for which is the site's raison d'être. Interesting theory. I in fact do hold the position that anyone that gets adversely impacted from opinions not shared is in fact not mature enough to come to this site to participate.
---
Edited 12 times - Last edited at 01:33:13 16/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#27 Posted: 01:19:48 16/07/2014

Like I said, I get the disappointment. Although I don't think I'm as disappointed as you, ghostroaster, and others, I think the points of contention are accurate. However, this thread isn't about the timer, lack of innovations, copyright threats etc. There is a thread for that specifically plus comments in other threads around. If people are excited and want to speculate on the adventure packs, I don't see the need to be negative about that, even if the excitement isn't based on solid facts, or despite the other disappointments we know of.

You just said people could come here and speculate about the adventure packs. So if I want to speculate but voice it with a more critical opinion I'm not allowed? My intent isnt to derail from the adventure packs, however I responded to the post that required an explanation of stance in the matter. We can drop the talk about the timer and other issues, the fact remains we have nothing to judge the packs on besides the figures images. Blindly screaming we love the adventure packs with no solid information on this, to me, comes across as short sighted.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:21:11 16/07/2014 by GothamLord
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#28 Posted: 01:23:35 16/07/2014
The problem isn't your opinion on the game or adventure packs, but your use of insults against people with different opinions. There was no reason to call others "impressionable" and saying they "can't think for themselves". Calling you out on it wasn't really harsh at all. By all means, voice your concern about anything in the game that you feel the need to, but don't degrade into petty name-calling.

As far as the topic is concerned, there's no info about the packs. The figures look nice, and if the levels are as good as or better than the previous adventure packs, that would be great. Still, no info means nothing to really add to the topic.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:27:37 16/07/2014 by Nightmoon
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#29 Posted: 01:27:00 16/07/2014
Nightmare express seems like a fighting match on a train?
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
Toynerd14 Ripto Gems: 95
#30 Posted: 01:36:38 16/07/2014
We don't have a problem expressing your opinion. Many people here have the same opinion. When you start insulting people for "not thinking for themselves" for no particular reason at all, that's when we have a problem. It's no longer just an opinion when you start insulting people for not sharing similar views. Just saying, that's kind of a dick move...

PS Think before you type, then you won't have to edit the same post 10 times.
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#31 Posted: 01:38:16 16/07/2014
I shouldn't get my hopes up, but I really hope the Piggy Bank is capable of storing gold so you can share money between Skylanders.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
#32 Posted: 10:49:15 16/07/2014
Oh, I need to worry about ruining it for others but I can't communicate my opinions on a yet-to-be-released game on an open forum for which is the site's raison d'être. Interesting theory. I in fact do hold the position that anyone that gets adversely impacted from opinions not shared is in fact not mature enough to come to this site to participate.

You said you didn't want to ruin it for others, not me. If that was sarcasm, I missed it. I never said you can't communicate your opinions, as you certainly have. If you really have a problem with the fact that you have buy pieces of plastic for DLC, then I don't understand why you like Skylanders at all, since that is the core concept that will never change.

Quote:
You just said people could come here and speculate about the adventure packs. So if I want to speculate but voice it with a more critical opinion I'm not allowed? My intent isnt to derail from the adventure packs, however I responded to the post that required an explanation of stance in the matter. We can drop the talk about the timer and other issues, the fact remains we have nothing to judge the packs on besides the figures images. Blindly screaming we love the adventure packs with no solid information on this, to me, comes across as short sighted.

I never said anyone's opinions aren't allowed. I don't see the need for being negative without stating a reason for the topic on hand. And yes, it make sense that you aren't optimistic about adventures packs we know little about. A good opinion. I would not agree that being optimistic in this case is short sighted. If you liked the first 6 adventures packs, there is plenty of reason to think you would like the next 2 as well. If the names of the packs sound like great ideas to you, if you like the way the images look, that's not blind It is speculation, yes, but based on experience and what we know so far, not blind.

Me personally, I guess I'm lukewarm on the adventure packs. I am not disappointed, nor excited. I would be disappointed if there were no new adventure packs as I tend to like the extra content after you've completed the main story line.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:14:16 16/07/2014 by melvimbe
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#33 Posted: 11:36:35 16/07/2014

You said you didn't want to ruin it for others, not me. If that was sarcasm, I missed it. I never said you can't communicate your opinions, as you certainly have. If you really have a problem with the fact that you have buy pieces of plastic for DLC, then I don't understand why you like Skylanders at all, since that is the core concept that will never change.

Quote:

I never said anyone's opinions aren't allowed. I don't see the need for being negative without stating a reason for the topic on hand. And yes, it make sense that you aren't optimistic about adventures packs we know little about. A good opinion. I would not agree that being optimistic in this case is short sighted. If you liked the first 6 adventures packs, there is plenty of reason to think you would like the next 2 as well. If the names of the packs sound like great ideas to you, if you like the way the images look, that's not blind It is speculation, yes, but based on experience and what we know so far, not blind.

Me personally, I guess I'm lukewarm on the adventure packs. I am not disappointed, nor excited. I would be disappointed if there were no new adventure packs as I tend to like the extra content after you've completed the main story line.

THIS^

Every Skylander is technically a DLC that let's you play the game a bit more. Of course, I would like a lot other possibilities of replayability... And actually we have them. Legendary Treasures, Soul Gems, Special Villain Quests, Missions, Heroics or Bonus Missions, Elemental Zones...
Yes, they could be modified to make them better, but as you see it's not that bad, huh? smilie
And a new level, which also includes a completely new and exclusive character is always appreciated. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#34 Posted: 11:58:52 16/07/2014
i just wonder if its two adventure packs and two battle packs this year, or we get four adventure packs.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#35 Posted: 12:50:41 19/07/2014
I hope that Mirror of Mystery is how Eon looks into Kaos' magic mirror and his darker self took over him and the Skylanders have to shift between worlds to save him
The Nightmare Express has gotta be on a train, and I hope that it's gonna be like "the mystery of the orient express"
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#36 Posted: 14:30:41 19/07/2014
I still think the Mirror of Mystery is some kind of door into an alternate Skylanders universe where everything is the opposite: Eon and the Skylanders are evil and the only ones who can stop the evil Skylanders are their good counterparts from our world. As I've seem someone else say, this could lead to a trappable evil Eon.

I remember an episode of Darkwing Duck where something like this happened. He was sent somewhere that the villans and heroes were switched. It was pretty fun to watch, and I'd enjoy a level like that.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#37 Posted: 19:28:04 19/07/2014
Quote: Wolfgang
I shouldn't get my hopes up, but I really hope the Piggy Bank is capable of storing gold so you can share money between Skylanders.

oh gosh i really really hope that too now
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#38 Posted: 20:05:02 19/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: AzureStarline
Quote: Wolfgang

oh gosh i really really hope that too now

Best Item in the Game if it happens
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me