darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread
First | Previous | Page 5 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24 25
Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread [CLOSED]
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#201 Posted: 23:52:39 28/07/2014
The first level looks like a first level of skylanders, pretty much more of the same from the last 3 games, with slight differences related to the new gimmick.

Pretty much exactly as I expected, and all seems to be in order.

Gimmick only gates don't worry me, I'm getting them all anyway.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#202 Posted: 00:22:10 29/07/2014 | Topic Creator
That's true, they got us used to that spending gimmick on game #1. What I'm worried about is "game only" gimmicks such as rolling out games where the gimmick only works in one game. At least in Giants, the gimmick can still be used....same for Swap Force characters...I would argue the BIG PUSH on this game is testing if buyers will accept "one and out" gimmicks.

All of the "Chosen Ones" content creators are eluding this point, and everyone is soft pedaling it. I just want people to be up front and honest and just say it.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:24:55 29/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
#203 Posted: 00:31:56 29/07/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
That's true, they got us used to that spending gimmick on game #1. What I'm worried about is "game only" gimmicks such as rolling out games where the gimmick only works in one game. At least in Giants, the gimmick can still be used....same for Swap Force characters...I would argue the BIG PUSH on this game is testing if buyers will accept "one and out" gimmicks.

the trap continuity issue does need to be addressed, unfortunately it seems a difficult mechanic to keep in the next game, whist keeping the focus on the new gimmick, if the traps stay as "traps" with "trapped villains" in them.
the lack of answers possibly has to do with VV developing the next game, but then we don't have a lot of basic info on this game, let alone the next one.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
#204 Posted: 00:44:27 29/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I totally AGREE, Believe it Or Not. So Why can't they COME CLEAN?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#205 Posted: 00:58:46 29/07/2014
its possible they are still working out HOW to carry it forwards, but it is just as likely that, like has been said elsewhere, they won't be carrying forwards, a one-and-done gimmick, and they're not telling us so people don't abandon now, and leaving 5 to become the sacrificial lamb.

part of the problem looks to be is the traps seem to need to be slotted in the portal. so every portal from now on needs a trap slot.
but then that could open up more gimmicks, like elemental keys for elemental doors, or other annoying un-stand-up-able toys.
---
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#206 Posted: 00:58:51 29/07/2014
I would surmise that you will be able to play as villains in then next version, but there will not be a villain vault. In that way, you'd either have to switch to TT when you wanted a new villain out of the vault, or buy more sculpts to store all your villains. That way, Activision can subtly push you into buying more traps.

Then again, perhaps we'll never be rid of the vault, villains and traps. To me, it seems like the sculpts are expected to be the equivalent of power discs. When a parent goes into TRU with his kid, he may not be up for spend $10 or $15 on a new figure. However, 5 dollars on a power disk, or sculpt, may be looked at as an easy buy for a parent. Or for a kid who's saved up his allowance and only has $8. Basically, the power disc or sculpt are there to cover the impulse buying demographic. So it makes sense that Activision would come up with a dozen new villains and sculpts in the next skylanders, even though it's not the new gimmick, just to get that impulse buying dollar, the same thing power discs do.
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#207 Posted: 01:04:07 29/07/2014
Wow. I was teetering on the edge of whether I wanted the game or not, and that video just sent me over the edge. If you need eight Trap Masters to 100% the game, rather than the previously stated one, then nope nope nope nope.

Swap Force was bad enough in that regard, but at least the cores weren't useless, and they actually unlocked new types of gameplay, rather than just new areas to explore the same way as everything else. And anyway, I wasn't going to get them originally: I only did because of a combination of the actual game far exceeding my expectations and a buy one get one free deal. $15 is too much to spend on one character, let alone the what, $105 you would need to get the seven that don't come with the starter pack. And that's not even counting the traps. Or the price of the Starter Pack, for that matter.

It's sad. I really wanted to give this game a chance. I wanted to want this game, so I could enjoy playing with the really cool and creative characters Toys for Bob came up with. I had a document of characters that I would buy if I got the game. But at the rate its going, I'm going to skip Trap Team. They would have to really impress me in order to get me back, and it doesn't look like they will.

Oh well, I guess I'll enjoy Swap Force for another year if I feel like playing Skylanders. I just hope that Vicarious Visions is going to bring out another quality game next year, fixing last years mistakes (unskippable cutscenes and dialogue, and needing 8 gimmicklanders smilie) and hopefully some of my favorites from this year are still on the market, if they don't get Series 2's.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
#208 Posted: 01:05:15 29/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Believe it or not, their requirement of "one for each element" is exactly the same as what was needed to 100% all areas in the first game. I don't think getting traps is required to 100% all areas in the game (I'm sure I'll be proven wrong), only to play as the villains. For most of us here, that doesn't surprise us. What surprises me is the number of times we've been told incorrect information. Either that or it speaks to how volatile this game's development actually has been.

Well for me, coding 40+ villains in addition to the army they have now has almost reached a pinnacle. It's much easier to not support the "trap" because it isn't a "figure" so they can wish it away simply as that. But we are getting close to what I call "Skylanders Judgement Day"---where support for Adventure Packs is going to be the least of our problems.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:10:40 29/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#209 Posted: 01:10:07 29/07/2014
Well the games ARE moving into the next gen cons. I'd say we have at least one more game of the FULL lineup of characters before it becomes to much coding to waste on the old gen consoles. Things like the PS BluRays shouldn't have as much issue for awhile. Or Given the movement to things like needed online connection, we might end up having some sort of server connection, download required to access all the older characters information.
#210 Posted: 01:12:09 29/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm not so worried as to the storage issue---I think it boils down to the development and testing time (ie LABOR).
---
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#211 Posted: 01:56:31 29/07/2014
I understand that the "one of each element" thing was always there, but at least in Spyro's Adventure, the figures were only $8 each, and the game came with three.

Also, a good portions of why I at least accepted it then was that I assumed (somewhat naively) that I was making a lasting investment. That I would really only need one Skylander of each element to gain full enjoyment out of any game in the series. Sure, maybe they would add more elements, but I assumed the Skylanders I bought for the first game were going to be as relevant today as they were when I bought them.

And Giants sort of backed up that assumption. Sure, you needed a Giant to 100% the game, but it came with one. Sure, they were $15, but you only had to buy them if you wanted more. I liked that, and bought the Giants I liked and/or thought the gameplay looked interesting.

Swap Force, as I said above, was a step in the wrong direction, but I accepted it anyway because what they unlocked seemed worth the $7.50 I ended up putting in per character (yay, B1G1). (Although, note that this is about the price the original Skylanders were sold at. The full $15 is too much.)

But Swap Force was at the boundary, for me at least. This is taking a large step over it. Sure, I could always wait for B1G1 sales, and they are common enough, but the point is, they lied; or at least changed their minds. Swap Force, from the second it was announced, said that you needed a Swap character from each movement type. This year, in an earlier interview, they said that you only needed one Trap Master to 100% the game. This is clearly not the case anymore.

And I'm not confident TFB can create a Skylanders game that I would enjoy all that much. SSA was meh in all ways aside from creativity, and Giants nearly chased me from the franchise because it changed all the wrong things (every character suddenly speaks english, and always says the same thing when put on the Portal; Giants being expensive, as well as not my style of gameplay; Cores feeling less special; new toys getting new attacks that the old ones are locked out of getting; the list goes on) and kept the mediocrity (read: so easy a 7-year-old can 100% with little to no parental help) I disliked in the first one. I only got Swap Force because TFB didn't make it, I loved what VV did with the first 3DS game, and people on this forum explained that it was different from Giants.

So, yeah. I don't know why I feel the need to explain myself; but maybe, just maybe someone who makes these decisions will see this and take it into account. But probably not. I'm neither a child nor a hardcore collector. I'm just an openminded Spyro fan who wants a fun game to play (and 100%).
---
Thank you for releasing me!
#212 Posted: 02:04:19 29/07/2014 | Topic Creator
In my mind they have kept their side of the bargain if the toys work in future games. I totally get the need to make "the new thing relevant" which would seem like relegating to the old stuff. I get your frustration that changing the gimmick in effect does downplay the purchase, but we've all seen it in other ways (reposes comes to mind, making your "old" one feel antiquated). I'm still angry how they compelled a series 2 purchase of a skylander you just bought last year if you wanted to play heroics and upgrade them....same thing.

It's when they finally break the line of general toy compatibility is when they're going to have tough times ahead. And by the looks of it, as early as next year.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:05:37 29/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#213 Posted: 02:06:05 29/07/2014
In order for them to carry forward with the traps, they'd need some sort of villain vault in the next game as well, creating trappable villains or just filling it with already caught ones. Either way, they won't put that much effort into an old gimmick, as they've clearly stated in a video that was posted either just after the announcement or during E3 that they don't focus on the old gimmicks. That's why Giants and the Swap Force won't have anything special to do in any future games. Sure, they have remnants of their old gimmicks (giants can still stomp on chompies and the swap force can... swap) but giants have no feats of strength and I'm sure swap force movement types will become pointless.

Activision already gave you their answer back when they flat out said they don't focus on past gimmicks and only choose to look at their new "innovation". There's no debate about if traps will be useful in the future. They've more or less already told us no, just without directly saying it.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
#214 Posted: 02:16:42 29/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I think everyone spending money deserves to know. Thanks to re-iterating what I know...I want them to directly admit it. They're dancing around a promise they made. But I'll just get the popcorn ready for the fireworks when folks start to think otherwise next fall. Can't wait for the FAQ to be updated.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:18:17 29/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#215 Posted: 02:30:23 29/07/2014
If you cannot at the very least use your already trapped villain in Skylanders 5+, it's a watershed moment. They wouldn't need to carry the vault forward, just allow you to play the villain that is in the trap, you could do your swapping with your old copy of STT. Cooked into the value of every Skylanders product is that it will be supported going forward. They have said that from the very first game, so making the traps be a one and done is a complete violation of trust, even more so if they hide from stating it until next year.

$6 for a piece of plastic that can only be used in just this one game is nonsense, and until they state otherwise I'm going to have to assume they won't work in Skylanders 5 since they refuse to clarify. I put it on par with if they would have made it in STT that Swaplanders could only be used with their original bottoms and no longer could swap. But even then the toy would still have value.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#216 Posted: 10:47:26 29/07/2014
Looks like eight Trap Masters are indeed required, here's a comment from Lou Studdert:

https://twitter.com/wideawakew...870347692036096

"I can confirm that the elemental gates are Trap Master only. They're awesome Traptanium Style gates that lead to new areas."
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
#217 Posted: 11:07:28 29/07/2014
Let the exodus begin ....
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8246
#218 Posted: 11:11:18 29/07/2014
Quote: wideawakewesley
Looks like eight Trap Masters are indeed required, here's a comment from Lou Studdert:

"I can confirm that the elemental gates are Trap Master only. They're awesome Traptanium Style gates that lead to new areas."

To me, not a big deal. I was going to get, eight, if not all Trap Masters.

Lou is a freakn' Godzilla fan AND he has pet pig? He just keeps on getting cooler and cooler.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:13:41 29/07/2014 by HeyitsHotDog
#219 Posted: 11:15:14 29/07/2014
The concern should be more on the fact of diminishing the value and point of the corelanders from the game with this.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#220 Posted: 11:25:47 29/07/2014
Quote: GothamLord
The concern should be more on the fact of diminishing the value and point of the corelanders from the game with this.

Traptanium Elemental Gates are probably just an addiction, like the Giant Areas or the SWAP Zones.
I'm sure regular Elemental Gates are still there. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#221 Posted: 11:54:31 29/07/2014
I just had a thought: What if having a Trap Master on the portal extended the Villain Timer?
---
You can't handle MEMES
#222 Posted: 12:17:42 29/07/2014
Quote: Qcumber
I just had a thought: What if having a Trap Master on the portal extended the Villain Timer?

It's highly probable, based on the gameplay we have seen. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#223 Posted: 13:20:15 29/07/2014
I figured this would happen (traptanium elements) - so I'm not surprised. I'm not going to abandon ship or anything becasue of it either - its expected. I mean it owuld be GREAT to go back to how thigns were in Giants, but it was obvious that wasn't going to happen.

As for moving forward, the Traps have RFID chips in them just like the figures right? IF so, I see no reason they couldn't just be setup like items currently are. Heck maybe in SL5 the portal will - moving forward just have a spot/pedestal for items. The 'tech' for the crystals most likely isn't anything special, so I'm really not too worried about the gimmick going forward. As well, let's be honest here - how much time did you use Giants in Swap Force that didn't revolve around opening a chest and maybe just leaving them on there? That same way I don't expect my SF characters will get much run in this entry, and if I get a SL5, I doubt I'll be using any of the old gimmicks anyways.
- Unreall
#224 Posted: 15:31:29 29/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: wideawakewesley

Expected outcome, but has anyone confirmed that there are plain old REGULAR elemental gates for cores? Haven't we had this in every game so far?

Again guys, we've seen this pattern....they include a "compel" gimmick that works for CURRENT GAME ONLY. It's usually never brought forward.

• I expect Giants only areas not to be there...that was a "one and out" gimmick for Giants.
  • I expect Dual Elemental gates / Swap Zones not to be there...that was a "one and out" gimmick for Swap Force.
  • I expect Crystal Elemental gates not to be there in #5...this is probably another "one and out".

The big "one and out" concern is use of traps...they've never set the precedent that a physical toy couldn't be used moving forward (except for Adventure Packs). It's a dangerous one to accept....at least with the above the toys work in future games.

Unreal, I think the Swap Force guys are the best thing since sliced bread. They should consider expanding introducing concepts that take advantage of these mixes. So far, by a wide margin--the best technical innovation the franchise has received.
---
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 15:40:33 29/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
#225 Posted: 17:07:29 29/07/2014
Really they are the only technical innovation, Giants were just 'bigger' and lightcore didn't really add anything.

And believe me, I'd LOVE a 'reward' for my old figures if you will, but want verse expectations are two different things. I expect the dual element gates to stay - especially since they worked with multi-player, though I don't expect any 'swap areas' like before. Though it would be pretty cool if they implemented a 'physical barrier' akin to traptonium, which only certain swap characters could pass through (instead of a blatant gate).

On that note, looking into the future, I'd love if for SL5 they said 'screw it' and just enumerated the entry with 'new Giants' and 'New Swaps'. I like both of the 'gimmick character sets' so I wouldn't mind getting more if I could actually get use out of them. But a skylander game focused around established stuff with a focus on content and story would be several degrees of great.
- Unreall
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#226 Posted: 17:42:59 29/07/2014
Can someone explain how the how the traps work? I've read stuff that you can only hold 2 enemies per trap, and you have to use a trap with the correct element to capture a corresponding villain. How much of that is accurate?

So if there are eight undead villains to capture in the entire game, does that mean you need four undead traps to house them all at once, or will one undead trap be sufficient? And if you only had one undead trap, are you able to capture all eight undead villains at one time and interchange which two undead villains go into the trap?
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:46:30 29/07/2014 by Dahvoo
#227 Posted: 17:45:46 29/07/2014
A trap can hold only one villain at a time, the others are held in the jail if you don't have them in a trap.
---
#228 Posted: 17:57:23 29/07/2014
Got it, one villain per trap and captured villains not currently being used in a trap are stored in a jail and can be switched in and out, I'm guess at the hub level.

My other questions are about the Trap Masters. Do you need the correct element Trap Master to capture a corresponding villain (such as you need an undead Trap Master and use an undead trap to capture an undead villian), or can any Trap Master (or even core figure) be used to capture a villain as long as you have the correct elemental trap?
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
#229 Posted: 18:00:55 29/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Unreallystic
On that note, looking into the future, I'd love if for SL5 they said 'screw it'

They really need to break away from some things and refresh things, I agree. That's my hope of this franchise. I doubt I'll get it.
---
#230 Posted: 18:03:13 29/07/2014
The active Skylander has no bearing on your ability to trap a villain. The matching element is needed by the trap.
#231 Posted: 18:03:34 29/07/2014
Quote: Dahvoo
Got it, one villain per trap and captured villains not currently being used in a trap are stored in a jail and can be switched in and out, I'm guess at the hub level.

My other questions are about the Trap Masters. Do you need the correct element Trap Master to capture a corresponding villain (such as you need an undead Trap Master and use an undead trap to capture an undead villian), or can any Trap Master (or even core figure) be used to capture a villain as long as you have the correct elemental trap?

No, ANY character, (Core, Giant, Swapper,Trap Master) can trap a villain. All you need is to have the trap's element match the villain's element.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#232 Posted: 18:15:07 29/07/2014
aye apparently you only need various element trap masters for getting to certain areas...outside of that, the mechanic is open to anyone so long as you have hte right crystal.
-Unreall
#233 Posted: 18:15:33 29/07/2014
After viewing the video again, It only shows the villain going directly into the assumedly empty trap. They've said before that if you don't have a trap they go to the jail in the hub, but since they've previously said that you only need one Trapmaster to get into the crystal areas it's hard to trust them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BQ8d7iNKCs
---
#234 Posted: 18:16:00 29/07/2014
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
No, ANY character, (Core, Giant, Swapper,Trap Master) can trap a villain. All you need is to have the trap's element match the villain's element.

So Trap Masters are the only way to access special zones. Does anyone know what are in these zones? Are these the only places to run into trappable villains or are they just to get things like hats and treasure chests?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:34:00 29/07/2014 by Dahvoo
#235 Posted: 18:18:28 29/07/2014
[quote=HeyitsHotDog

So Trap Masters are the only way to access special zones. Does anyone know what are in these zones? Are these the only places to run into trappable villains or are they just to get things like hats and treasure chests?[/quote]

Here's a play-through of the first level, it'll tell you what you need to know.

---
#236 Posted: 18:23:30 29/07/2014

So Trap Masters are the only way to access special zones. Does anyone know what are in these zones? Are these the only places to run into trappable villains or are they just to get things like hats and treasure chests?

The walkthrough specifically mentions hats. Beyond that I would image it'll function like most other elemental gates. I believe its been implied we might be able to capture villains through the gates as well. I'm going out on a limb and going to suspect thats where we get some of the random critter villains like chompy, buzzer beak, etc. We'll probably have a special version we have to find that we get to capture that way or something. Given we beat up a whole bunch of chompies in the walktrough and were never asked once about capturing one to a trap.
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#237 Posted: 18:26:19 29/07/2014
I do think it's a bit...peculiar that three of the Gates in the video all have Traptanium crystals poking out (with two of those explicitly stating we need a Trap Master of said element). That'd be really awful if they did make Gates only for Trap Masters.
#238 Posted: 18:32:24 29/07/2014
I dont think its an accident that they didnt verify the Life gate. If it was blatantly clear that all the elemental gates were accessible only by Trap Masters now, the backlash would be far worse. Instead that's likely the case but its unconfirmed and we're all left to speculate. There is less reasoning to buy the corelanders yet again if they basically serve no function in the game. The Trap Masters do the same thing as the cores, and more. At least with the dual element gates, you could kinda "cheat" by adding a second player to the game with the other element Skylander and unlocking it. Then drop player 2 again. Now cores cant even unlock gates.
#239 Posted: 19:09:27 29/07/2014
From the looks of it, you'll need to replay a level to trap a villain if you don't have the right element trap available:

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
#240 Posted: 19:19:26 29/07/2014
Wow, didn't expect to see Trap Master only gates that open new areas. I'm kind of okay with it, as long as at least one of each Trap Master element is available at launch for those that want them.
---
#241 Posted: 19:20:06 29/07/2014
Quote: Zylek
From the looks of it, you'll need to replay a level to trap a villain if you don't have the right element trap available:

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Actually, if you don't want to trap a villain, they're sent to the Villain Vault.
---
#242 Posted: 19:23:52 29/07/2014
I know they said that earlier, but they also said you'd only need one trap master to access all the trap master areas and the gameplay video contradicts that. If it said "Send to Villain Vault" instead of "Don't Trap" I'd feel better.
---
#243 Posted: 20:17:07 29/07/2014
I know they said that earlier, but they also said you'd only need one trap master to access all the trap master areas and the gameplay video contradicts that. If it said "Send to Villain Vault" instead of "Don't Trap" I'd feel better.

Don't worry, they also shown the Villain Vault inside the hub, at the E3.
I don't think they are gonna change that.
Also, they said that every Trap Master can break a Traptanium shard... I don't recall them saying anything about Trap Masters special areas/gates. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#244 Posted: 20:20:33 29/07/2014
Hahaha true! But isn't that what the gates are made of? smilie
---
#245 Posted: 20:24:53 29/07/2014
Hahaha true! But isn't that what the gates are made of? smilie

Absolutely! But Activision is Activision... smilie
However, I do remember some pictures of an Earth (?) regular Elemental Gate. Do you think it has been changed to a Traptanium one, or even simply removed?
It would seems weird, to me.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#246 Posted: 20:31:53 29/07/2014
Wow, didn't expect to see Trap Master only gates that open new areas. I'm kind of okay with it, as long as at least one of each Trap Master element is available at launch for those that want them.

Well that's gonna be a problem then. Snap Shot, Krypt King, Jawbreaker/Gearshift, Wallop, Wildfire, and Gusto will be available in the beginning, so no life or magic Trap Master at this rate.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#247 Posted: 21:01:06 29/07/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster617
Well that's gonna be a problem then. Snap Shot, Krypt King, Jawbreaker/Gearshift, Wallop, Wildfire, and Gusto will be available in the beginning, so no life or magic Trap Master at this rate.

Sigh, they'll probably repeat what they did with the Dig/Sneak figures for Swap Force. Release the magic Trap Master in Wave 2 a few days after launch at Toys R Us, then hold off on the life Trap Master until December.
---
#248 Posted: 21:49:52 29/07/2014
Quote: Toynerd14
It'll be the other way around. Remember, Bushwhack. That's a Wave Two character.

Was Wave 2 leaked/revealed? I figured Blastermind would have a better chance at being released before a life Trap Master since Bushwhack hasn't officially been revealed yet (or so I thought) but Blastermind has.
---
#249 Posted: 23:20:12 29/07/2014 | Topic Creator
After viewing the video again, It only shows the villain going directly into the assumedly empty trap. They've said before that if you don't have a trap they go to the jail in the hub, but since they've previously said that you only need one Trapmaster to get into the crystal areas it's hard to trust them.

Agreed. Until I see this one in action, AFTER IT GETS RELEASED, is when I'll believe it. They're making too many changes or communicating things that have changed and not circling back. This is where that poor excuse for a FAQ on their website should be updated.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:20:37 29/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
Punk Bomb Green Sparx Gems: 230
#250 Posted: 23:24:28 29/07/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

Agreed. Until I see this one in action, AFTER IT GETS RELEASED, is when I'll believe it. They're making too many changes or communicating things that have changed and not circling back. This is where that poor excuse for a FAQ on their website should be updated.

Oh, but don't you know? That would be information! We can't have that now, can we?
---
Give me money!
First | Previous | Page 5 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24 25

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me