darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread
First | Previous | Page 25 of 25
1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread [CLOSED]
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#1201 Posted: 15:57:01 03/10/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
It may be a simple case of math. If you had to support 260+ characters in a game, this is the result.

activision are earn billions of dollars on skylanders, its their top franchise... and they cant be arsed to use some extra time to finish and test the game. so it will functioning properly on day one???. its clearly activision isnt about delivering a quality product. its very disappointing.......

but at least we had 3 good years with skylanders, it was magic to see toys comes to life in the game. im glad i lived it and experienced it... but now its over and from hear and forward its gonna be a disappointment after disappointment.

i dont feel well, i think i must be in shock or something... in one day i lost totally interest for skylanders, im just empty...and i was a huge fan for 3 years... im nearly crying now..... bye forever spyro.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#1202 Posted: 16:01:31 03/10/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
It may be a simple case of math. If you had to support 260+ characters in a game, this is the result.

activision are earn billions of dollars on skylanders, its their top franchise... and they cant be arsed to use some extra time to finish and test the game. so it will functioning properly on day one???. its clearly activision isnt about delivering a quality product. its very disappointing.......

but at least we had 3 good years with skylanders, it was magic to see toys comes to life in the game. im glad i lived it and experienced it... but now its over and from hear and forward its gonna be a disappointment after disappointment.

i dont feel well, i think i must be in shock or something... in one day i lost totally interest for skylanders, im just empty...and i was a huge fan for 3 years... im nearly crying now..... bye forever spyro.

Dude, I had the same feeling when I got the ending to Mass Effect 3. The pure shock of such a epic story building to such a climax, only to putter out in such a disappointing and convoluted train wreck. It took me weeks. The pain will pass with time. Just remember the fond memories before that point. They can never be taken away from you.
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#1203 Posted: 16:02:46 03/10/2014
Yes, because it's clear how much faith you had in the series if the idea of patching and bugfixing is enough to lose your loyalty.[/sarcasm]
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1204 Posted: 16:03:10 03/10/2014
Quote: Drek95
So... Let me understand...

You ALL (or almost) wanted online functionalities, and now that a bit of connection is required, you suddendly have a slow or non-existent Internet...?

The game is buggy? Yes.
There is a patch system to solve those bugs? Yes.
So, the problem doesn't exist, in the end.

I'm sorry if you don't have a stable connection, but it's not TfB nor Activision fault.
Things like these happens.

Count, the game doesn't cost 300/400$... The GAME costs around 75$.

Please, try to not act like a misinformed person, like the ones that live around me (parents, family, friends)...

BRAVO!

Well said. It's the nature of the internet. People are never happy and always find something to complain about, but then quickly support what they complain about.

For the past couple of years, people here complained about patching Skylander games. When they do that then all the sudden lacking the internet is the issue, when that was never brought up in the past.

God bless the interwebz.

Let's see. Destiny has had multiple patches and has only been out 3 weeks. Guess what fellas? One day we won't even be able to play the 60 dollar game, because they will take the servers down. Every game I've bought on 360, PS3, X1, and PS4 has had patches. Kids curious as to why people haven't been complaining about this for years?

Let's say Skylanders does go online, guess what? People will still find a reason to whine. Skylanders online would only last until they take the servers down.

Gamers these days act too self entitled. They're never pleased. The world lives on petty drama. I guess it's become humanities second nature.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#1205 Posted: 16:04:30 03/10/2014
Oh and Count, you're sure you're done with Skylanders? I've seen many say they're done every year, but here they are, still saying they're done, but buying Skylanders figures in some capacity.
---
#1206 Posted: 16:04:44 03/10/2014
Quote: GameMaster78

You ALL (or almost) wanted online functionalities, and now that a bit of connection is required, you suddendly have a slow or non-existent Internet...?

The game is buggy? Yes.

I'm sorry if you don't have a stable connection, but it's not TfB nor Activision fault.

Please, try to not act like a misinformed person, like the ones that live around me (parents, family, friends)...

BRAVO!

Well said. It's the nature of the internet. People are never happy and always find something to complain about, but then quickly support what they complain about.

For the past couple of years, people here complained about patching Skylander games. When they do that then all the sudden lacking the internet is the issue, when that was never brought up in the past.

God bless the interwebz.

Let's see. Destiny has had multiple patches and has only been out 3 weeks. Guess what fellas? One day we won't even be able to play the 60 dollar game, because they will take the servers down. Every game I've bought on 360, PS3, X1, and PS4 has had patches. Kids curious as to why people haven't been complaining about this for years?

Let's say Skylanders does go online, guess what? People will still find a reason to whine. Skylanders online would only last until they take the servers down.

Gamers these days act too self entitled. They're never pleased. The world lives on petty drama. I guess it's become humanities second nature.

Well said, the both of you!
---
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#1207 Posted: 16:10:26 03/10/2014
I love watching how a person picks one point of a statement from someone else, misconstrues it, and then everyone else wants to jump on the pile .
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#1208 Posted: 16:12:41 03/10/2014
instead of whining on almost every thread and repeating the exact same stuff count should just leave already. Made your point and statements. Stop drilling it in needlessly.
#1209 Posted: 16:20:47 03/10/2014
Quote: shadowfox
instead of whining on almost every thread and repeating the exact same stuff count should just leave already. Made your point and statements. Stop drilling it in needlessly.

I mean, if I was complaining about a certain franchise so much, I wouldn't be wasting my day on a site dedicated to it. It just doesn't scream logical.

If I were done or mad at a franchise, I'd be gone in a jiff.

There's more productive things to do than to waste time on a series I'm swearing off or getting my pantaloons in a bunch about.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:21:33 03/10/2014 by GameMaster78
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#1210 Posted: 16:36:14 03/10/2014
Man, I sure hope they release Lightcore Hex before SWAP Force comes out. If they wait until then, I'm totally giving up on this franchise.
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#1211 Posted: 16:39:13 03/10/2014
People with genuine complaints about a game would do well to send an e-mail to the developer. It has more chance of being read than a forum post.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#1212 Posted: 16:39:21 03/10/2014
I've always enjoyed your posts GM and most of the adults here. The complaints are backed up with either logic, or very valid arguments. But sadly it seems to fly over the children and the mentality of I don't like point A therefore the entire game sucks and I wont listen to anyone one else because my opinion is gods word!!!!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8246
#1213 Posted: 16:42:18 03/10/2014
I've always enjoyed your posts GM and most of the adults here. The complaints are backed up with either logic, or very valid arguments. But sadly it seems to fly over the children and the mentality of I don't like point A therefore the entire game sucks and I wont listen to anyone one else because my opinion is gods word!!!!

A lot of them are pre-teens who think they know and are right everything.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1214 Posted: 17:42:54 03/10/2014
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

^Oh my god, yes. I'm aware that some users, young ones even, are logical enough to express their complaints without repeating it all over the place, but some of the young and older fans think their complaints should be treated as "fact".
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#1215 Posted: 17:47:52 03/10/2014
*cough*
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#1216 Posted: 17:50:15 03/10/2014

I mean, if I was complaining about a certain franchise so much, I wouldn't be wasting my day on a site dedicated to it. It just doesn't scream logical.

If I were done or mad at a franchise, I'd be gone in a jiff.

There's more productive things to do than to waste time on a series I'm swearing off or getting my pantaloons in a bunch about.

Yeah, people should could spend your time fanboying over how much better Skylanders is and complaining about Infinity over lore or some offhand comment about a feature that really isn't a big deal that didn't pan out exactly as the designer hoped. Amirite?

You are the very last person that should complain about how people should do more productive things.

I don't get what the big deal over a patch is, but hopefully someone at TfB/Activision is reading what people don't like about the game so they can improve it or maybe even patch it (the upgrade exit out nonsense, for example). After all, next year we get a game from VV who actually listens to fans, even when it interferes with their "vision". The thing Activision does NOT want is for fans to just swear it off and not look again.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:51:47 03/10/2014 by defpally
#1217 Posted: 17:51:12 03/10/2014
Quote: Aura24
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

^Oh my god, yes. I'm aware that some users, young ones even, are logical enough to express their complaints without repeating it all over the place, but some of the young and older fans think their complaints should be treated as "fact".

I completely agree. Some people can be (and have been) incredibly thick-headed about news with the game, even with topics that should be positive, like how TfB and Activision seem to be more open-minded about patching the games' glitches. It'd be better to not have another Weapon Master incident, to say the least.

I can understand people being upset about the exclusion of a game mode that they've come to expect in the series (mainly, PvP), but complaining about bug-fixing patches in (figuratively) every single topic seems, in my opinion, quite ridiculous.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#1218 Posted: 19:25:01 03/10/2014
Quote: Wolfgang

The game is buggy? Yes.

BRAVO!

God bless the interwebz.

Well said, the both of you!

Thanks, guys.

I'm glad to know there are still some people who manage to stay realist, and don't whine every time they see an occasion to do it...

All they want is probably simply to find reasons to leave this AWESOME but often expensive franchise.

I'm sorry for you Count, if you are really feeling like this, right now.
Really, really sorry.

But I have the (hopefully wrong) feeling a lot of users here are just trying to find all the possible problems, and use them to justify their choice to leave Skylanders, even if they still love it a lot...

And this is sad.

Once again, for a different reason, it's money over passion again...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1219 Posted: 19:53:21 03/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: GothamLord
I like the idea of supporting "on the fly" character development that could be delivered online...that way folks can't "cheat" and see which character might be upcoming in a few months. If the game had more depth and we had some much more needed space between games, they could continually build additional "adventure packs" or characters or other content to keep us rocking.

Imagine putting a character on and it spawns an immediate download process of that character's required resources.

I guess that's a dream.

[User Posted Image]

Sorry. Couldnt help myself. At least one company gets it. If we're lucky Activision will learn next year, and I can be a mindless sheep again to their toy producing machine..

I actually said that to see if you would pick it up. Bravo smilie

I'm with defpally, I think next year is going to be MUCH BETTER. In my mind VV will pull ahead as lead developer preference for me. Just a feeling. Either that or I quit cold turkey.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 19:57:44 03/10/2014 by GhostRoaster
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#1220 Posted: 20:33:07 03/10/2014
I'm with defpally, I think next year is going to be MUCH BETTER. In my mind VV will pull ahead as lead developer preference for me. Just a feeling. Either that or I quit cold turkey.

I have a suspicion VV is in the process of implementing online right now, given Infinity's success with it and the fact that they aren't so dead set on doing things "their way". That will be their new gimmick. If they do online, both co-op and PvP would add so much longevity to the game and give all kinds of new fun to getting a new character. Traps go to show they have just about reached the limit in new ways to sell plastic to people. The online battles would be great, and all of this pointless min/maxing of figures and which path to take would have new meaning and purpose.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1221 Posted: 20:36:04 03/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Agreed. Let the GAME be the innovation next year. Please. And let VV work with TfB to make sure the innovations STAY for the next TfB entry. Trap Team just looks like an ADD person's dream...it's literally out of control on toys but not seeing gameplay features that will let me stay. No Time Attack/Score Mode. No Quests/Heroics....it's literally beat the game twice (Hard/Nightmare), go through Brock/Kaos modes, and I'm done. I guess I can try the mini games... but the word "mini" doesn't imply longevity.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:40:12 03/10/2014 by GhostRoaster
#1222 Posted: 20:44:00 03/10/2014
I think online will actually be treated as a side gimmick.
Giants gave voice acting to all the Skylanders, SWAP Force introduced the jumping ability, Trap Team the jump-attack mechanic, so, the fifth game might introduce online functionalities.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Charlio Green Sparx Gems: 240
#1223 Posted: 21:02:51 03/10/2014
Agreed. Let the GAME be the innovation next year. Please. And let VV work with TfB to make sure the innovations STAY for the next TfB entry. Trap Team just looks like an ADD person's dream...it's literally out of control on toys but not seeing gameplay features that will let me stay. No Time Attack/Score Mode. No Quests/Heroics....it's literally beat the game twice (Hard/Nightmare), go through Brock/Kaos modes, and I'm done. I guess I can try the mini games... but the word "mini" doesn't imply longevity.

All this. I wish, VV had even just a little bit of a hand in Trap Team, they seem to really care about making a good, fun game.

In other news, the things that are annoying me most in TT so far are the littlest, tiny things. Like not being able to spin your character's model around on their stat screen like you could in SF. The worst part about this is now that "trinkets" are a thing, and some of them can't be seen on your 'lander until you exit out of the menu to run around in-game. Just means a few more button presses, but I really loved being able to pop on a hat and turn them around to see how it looked in-menu.

I feel like I'm getting too offended at the tinyest changes to TT and am trying to just relax and enjoy the game, but honestly the more of it I'm playing, the more I'm just looking forward to Skylanders 5 instead. :/
---
I'm making Skylander avatars, free for use: http://sta.sh/2z3bpmz23of
#1224 Posted: 21:29:01 03/10/2014
Is the character model in the Stats Screen animated, or just idle, like it was in SWAP Force?

The rotation was an interesting addiction, but I still prefer Giants and SA animated models.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#1225 Posted: 21:35:46 03/10/2014
Is the character model in the Stats Screen animated, or just idle, like it was in SWAP Force?

The rotation was an interesting addiction, but I still prefer Giants and SA animated models.

Just looping the idle animation. I waited a while to see if they had any variation on the idle animations (there were some funny ones I liked in Swap, like Free Ranger preening his armpit), but nothing yet.
---
#1226 Posted: 22:13:23 03/10/2014
We'll that's a little disappointment.

Nothing too important, but rotating animations like the ones of the first two games were much more entertaining to see.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#1227 Posted: 22:36:17 03/10/2014
We'll that's a little disappointment.

Nothing too important, but rotating animations like the ones of the first two games were much more entertaining to see.

Absolutely. Some little extra animation would be lovely to see as well, just adds that little bit extra. I still feel having the player be able to rotate the model in TT would be particularly helpful, considering some of the trinkets sit on the characters backs and can't be seen from their menu.

Like I said, it is mostly just the tiny things that are grating on my nerves (also, not having the character bios under collection menu, simplified and seemingly pointless portal master menu, not being able to see the star requirements on the level select menu...things that I miss from SF that seem like they'd be easy to integrate into TT).
---
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#1228 Posted: 22:36:58 03/10/2014
So is everyone back on track with VV? I remember when Swap Force came out everyone was so upset and said they cant wait for TFB to release their game and bring the franchise back to where it belonged. I've always been a bigger fan with VV. I LOVED the first Skylanders game but Giants lacked something. VV made Swap Force unique for me and I enjoyed all 88 hours I put into the game. I will buy everything from Trap Team, but it doesnt come from a place of love like the previous games...its more of a mentality that I've already bought every character for the past 3 games, why stop now...
PurpleSnurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#1229 Posted: 01:09:51 04/10/2014
Has anyone else noticed that Amazon's prices on Trap Masters and Trap triple packs have gone up a dollar? Now TRU isn't so high in comparison + sales. Best Buy has kept their prices the same (though they're sold out of the dark editions).
First | Previous | Page 25 of 25
1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me