darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread
First | Previous | Page 21 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread [CLOSED]
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#1001 Posted: 01:21:54 22/09/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: melvimbe
No, adventure packs have always been around $25. Not sure where that $15 came from.

Well once upon a time I think they cost $19.95 during SSA.

Back when everything cost less haha.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1002 Posted: 01:54:02 22/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Everything skylanders based absolutely. $7.99 a figure.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#1003 Posted: 02:35:08 22/09/2014
So I have a question and maybe it got leaked somewhere or whatever.

Do we not have a..i dont know what they're called. Something Riders? For Magic? We've got Kaos, Chompy Mage, etc for all those elements, but Magic is oddly missing. There's two spaces left, but I would assume that they're both related to the new elements.

So..is Magic just getting shafted out of that randomly? Or whats going on there?
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#1004 Posted: 02:39:49 22/09/2014
We don't really know. Sky dad put the ninja bird as the Magic Doom Raider, but I'm not sure where he got that information. He didn't really discuss it in a video. Either way, with 2 new elements, 1 element won't have a Doom Raider.
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#1005 Posted: 02:41:16 22/09/2014
Quote: spyroflame0487

Do we not have a..i dont know what they're called. Something Riders? For Magic? We've got Kaos, Chompy Mage, etc for all those elements, but Magic is oddly missing. There's two spaces left, but I would assume that they're both related to the new elements.

So..is Magic just getting shafted out of that randomly? Or whats going on there?

no, there has been no Magic Element Doom Raider announced.

of the two new elements there seems to be a "Dark" and "Light", and a trap-able "light" or "good" villain doesn't seem to make sense, so the explanation i am subscribing to is that the two missing will be one from Magic and one from the "Dark" new element.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
DannySkylander Green Sparx Gems: 136
#1006 Posted: 02:58:58 22/09/2014
Does anyone know if Toys R Us will be open at midnight again like they were last year for Swap Force?
skylanderkids Yellow Sparx Gems: 1999
#1007 Posted: 03:01:20 22/09/2014
Quote: spyroflame0487

I don't know if that was a Magic Doom Raider to be honest. It was such a last minute thing I threw out together. I doubt they'd reveal a Light/Dark element Doom Raider, those will be found in the adventure packs imo. Maybe there just is none.
---
youtube.com/theskylanderboy
facebook.com/skylanderkids
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#1008 Posted: 03:12:24 22/09/2014
Kaos might represent the magic doom raider. Remember, the website when the game was announced had a picture of the magic skull and not the Kaos trap.
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3332
#1009 Posted: 03:47:39 22/09/2014
I can't believe there's less than 2 weeks to release already. The months have gone so fast!
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
PurpleSnurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#1010 Posted: 04:08:47 22/09/2014
Quote: DannySkylander
Does anyone know if Toys R Us will be open at midnight again like they were last year for Swap Force?

The manager at my local TRU said that they were. I think it depends on the store. We have several around here, but only a few are opening for the launch.
Geo-Stelar Emerald Sparx Gems: 4187
#1011 Posted: 04:23:15 22/09/2014
Quote: spyrocrash
Kaos might represent the magic doom raider. Remember, the website when the game was announced had a picture of the magic skull and not the Kaos trap.

That was my idea as well!

The Kaos Element might be a "variant" of the Magic Element.

A Magic Element with a different symbol to show Kaos' uniqueness.

A "Kaos Magic" Element, if you may.
---
Don't have Skylanders, yet still a fan!
#1012 Posted: 04:29:56 22/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: flashwingftw
I can't believe there's less than 2 weeks to release already. The months have gone so fast!

In all honesty, the wait and reveals are just as good as the game itself. Once the game is released it's simply a purchase "grind".
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#1013 Posted: 07:02:01 22/09/2014
I'm more excited for Smash Bros.

Why do they have to launch so close to eachother :c
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#1014 Posted: 09:16:49 22/09/2014
No, adventure packs have always been around $25. Not sure where that $15 came from.

Actually, Amazon.com listed the SA Adventure Packs as costing 19.95$, but I tought it was just a price reduction, since they are kinda "old", now.

Don't remember how much I spent 4 years ago, onestly.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#1015 Posted: 09:35:42 22/09/2014
Quote: spyrocrash

Just speculation, but kaos could represent the dark (I know, the symbol is wrong), and the missing doom raider are magic and light. Light could be Eon, captured in the Mirror of Mystery level. I could see Kaos and Eon getting their own symbols, separate from the sun and moon. Then again, this game has already shown that they're ok with uneven numbers, so they could just be no magic labeled doom raider.
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#1016 Posted: 09:36:48 22/09/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives

I keep getting disappointed with the roaster (No Ridley) and Skylanders keeps getting better and SSB4 is going worse.
KoalaTart Green Sparx Gems: 449
#1017 Posted: 12:31:09 22/09/2014
guys i haven't been on in a LONG time but since there is two more spaces, there might not be any light/dark doom raiders. Maybe Magic will get one and Eon will be captured so you will have the two extra spaces as a magic doom raider and eon.
---
WARNING: TOP SECRET SKYLANDERS STUFF: WARNING
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3332
#1018 Posted: 14:37:50 22/09/2014
Quote: flashwingftw

In all honesty, the wait and reveals are just as good as the game itself. Once the game is released it's simply a purchase "grind".

Very true.

This. DX
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
skylanderkids Yellow Sparx Gems: 1999
#1019 Posted: 15:35:20 22/09/2014
Hey, We recently went to NYC so the kids could play Trap Team. While there someone else was playing a level that they should not have been, lucky for us, at 6:57 you can see High Fives soul gem, sorry I wasn't prepared to record so the footage is a little shaky. We had to wait until today to post it because it's also the same day all 3 Skylanders from the Frito Lay naming contest are confirmed to be in the game. Frito Lay has a press release planned for this.
Couple other things:
10:04 Skylanders Chew Bubble Gum! haha
10:32: FunPlay Hideaway Waterfall Skylands
---
youtube.com/theskylanderboy
facebook.com/skylanderkids
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:42:10 22/09/2014 by skylanderkids
preciousawaken Yellow Sparx Gems: 1774
#1020 Posted: 15:39:49 22/09/2014
Quote: skylanderkids
Hey, We recently went to NYC so the kids could play Trap Team. While there someone else was playing a level that they should not have been, lucky for us, at 6:57 you can see High Fives soul gem, sorry I wasn't prepared to record so the footage is a little shaky. We had to wait until today to post it because it's also the same day all 3 Skylanders from the Frito Lay naming contest are confirmed to be in the game. Frito Lay has a press release planned for this.
Thanks

Thanks for the updates!! I wonder if Activision will update the skylanders website today or tomorrow with the gameplay for the 3 Frito characters.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:40:25 22/09/2014 by preciousawaken
#1021 Posted: 15:53:50 22/09/2014
Some High Five footage would be nice. Maybe then he would stop getting hated on so much.
#1022 Posted: 16:56:05 22/09/2014
Quote: GigaCamo
Some High Five footage would be nice. Maybe then he would stop getting hated on so much.

Well, the Soul Gem bit does have a really short gameplay of him.

He looks cool, and his animations are really original. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5324
#1023 Posted: 18:54:48 22/09/2014
Quote: skylanderkids
Couple other things:
10:04 Skylanders Chew Bubble Gum! haha
10:32: FunPlay Hideaway Waterfall Skylands

Does this mean we will get gameplay of bat spin soon? She is my fave- awesome art/figure, don't like the name.
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
#1024 Posted: 22:56:21 22/09/2014
Let's get back on topic. High Five is available through Frito Lay. I'm gonna try to get 2. One for Display and to take on one path and one to unbox and take on the other path.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1025 Posted: 22:59:20 22/09/2014
High Five is exclusive to Frito Lay at first, until his supposed public release next year.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#1026 Posted: 23:01:14 22/09/2014
Let's get back on topic. High Five is available through Frito Lay. I'm gonna try to get 2. One for Display and to take on one path and one to unbox and take on the other path.

Really? So you can only initially get the frito lay characters through a promotion? Wow that's bad news for Australia.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#1027 Posted: 23:23:01 22/09/2014
Quote: Snap Shot

Really? So you can only initially get the frito lay characters through a promotion? Wow that's bad news for Australia.

So far it is confirmed for High Five only.

It is still bad news for Europe too.
Didn't care that much for Frito Lay Skylanders, before, but now we are talking about brand new Core characters, not Sidekicks which acted as Magic Items, until now.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#1028 Posted: 23:43:50 22/09/2014

Whaa? Am I missing something? The hype died down but I thought he was one of the most loved and I haven't seen any hate for him.

Man, it's so boring in this thread lately.
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#1029 Posted: 23:57:07 22/09/2014
Well for things being boring, I think the major announcement on no PvP and the Kaos mode pretty much was a major punch to the gut for things. We got a lot of information for what to expect now. Most of us are either happy and there isnt much to discuss, are basically just meh with everything, or so frustrated we're just not prone to care anymore.
#1030 Posted: 00:28:09 23/09/2014
^ Yeah, agreed. Honestly, until people get the game, there won't be much to discuss. Even then, it probably won't be as much as SWAP Force had to talk about.
I'm just meh with everything... Waiting for release, but not excited at all right now. I'm more interested in seeing what will happen with the 5th game because I have more faith in the game design being better and meatier, and it seems the bigger problems in SF are just bound to carry into TFB's games too (mediocre story/lore aside, which TFB don't seem to have too much trouble with- hopefully VV have improved on that front for Sky5).

I really hate to say it, but I haven't been feeling so pessimistic about another Skylanders game before release. SA snuck up on me (forgot about it 'till release when I saw an ad for it); I was excited for Giants, since I started becoming more interested in Skylanders while it was coming out; then there was a period I wanted to switch from Skylanders to DI, but I was still interested to hear what SF would add, because I liked VV's work with 3DSSA- whereas right now I don't feel that way with TT... I'm more worried about TT having little new, than curious to see what it's added.
I hope Kaos Mode isn't it for replayable bonus modes, because that didn't really excite me and if that's all, then TT seems kind of barebones- although at this point, I expect Kaos Mode to be the only bonus mode.

I'd probably be looking forward to the new Skylanders, but the releases here are bad and that makes it hard to be excited for them.

I feel nitpicky as butts right now but I want a nap. :V
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:56:06 23/09/2014 by Arc of Archives
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#1031 Posted: 01:26:06 23/09/2014

Yea, I just looked and they are $25. Not sure where I got the idea of $15 in my head, but I thought they were cheaper than $25. Go figure.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
#1032 Posted: 02:07:59 23/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Eggers

Yea, I just looked and they are $25. Not sure where I got the idea of $15 in my head, but I thought they were cheaper than $25. Go figure.

I've bought some APs for $15 when Target had a sale.
---
#1033 Posted: 05:57:41 23/09/2014
New comic cover of future Skylanders comic: Skylanders: Legendary.

"It's time to get "Legendary"! Join us for this special collection and marvel as your favorite Skylander characters face grueling tests, outrageous challenges, and the vilest of villains to gain Legendary status! Deja Vu, Jawbreaker, and Blades all get the spotlight in this volume featuring more great stories from the world's first-ever Skylanders comic book series! Not enough? Did we mention that the "Secret Origin of Trigger Happy" is included?!"

[User Posted Image]
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#1034 Posted: 06:02:04 23/09/2014
Wow, they forgot to paint Spyro's right wing spike on the cover of the comic.
#1035 Posted: 06:15:32 23/09/2014
Found more comic covers that have stories that tell the events before Trap Team, the Mini Skylanders enrolling into the Sklander Academy -

"Skylanders Academy welcomes its entire class of new recruits! But, all the recruits might not be what they seem and it will take the help of Flynn, Tessa and even some of the new recruits themselves to try and expose the secret that could mean ultimate doom!"

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:23:56 23/09/2014 by Aura24
#1036 Posted: 06:51:22 23/09/2014
[User Posted Image]

Thats some nightmare fuel right there....
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#1037 Posted: 12:25:49 23/09/2014
Wow, they forgot to paint Spyro's right wing spike on the cover of the comic.

Yeah that's pretty bad
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#1038 Posted: 16:43:32 23/09/2014
Quote: GothamLord
[User Posted Image]

Oh god, with the implications that Hugo is older than them, and that smile... oh god. Just... why?
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5033
#1039 Posted: 16:47:04 23/09/2014
Quote: GothamLord
[User Posted Image]

LOL.....
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#1040 Posted: 14:00:26 26/09/2014 | Topic Creator
I want to get into the comic, but I can't get past the art style.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8264
#1041 Posted: 14:18:21 26/09/2014

Which one is bad? I personally thick the one with Food Fight and the other characters at Skylanders Academy looks great.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#1042 Posted: 15:23:36 26/09/2014
To me they all look bad. I hate 99% of American comics because the art is just awful. That's why I've always read manga instead, because the art in manga is actually good in most cases.
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#1043 Posted: 15:27:44 26/09/2014
So my Target has out the Trap Team portal already, which I just played around with. The audio quality from the trap speaker is very good, but I was a little disappointed in the light up effect of the portal. I'm hoping it was just with the store's model but the lighting effect really just stuck around the trap area and barely lit up anything further than that. I checked it out when I put on a Smolderdash that was on one of the pegs.

I took pictures, but I don't have any hosting to put them on. Unless everyone else has already seen the display, then I wouldn't need to anyway.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
#1044 Posted: 16:32:45 26/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Which one is bad? I personally thick the one with Food Fight and the other characters at Skylanders Academy looks great.

Art is a matter of taste. To my eyes they all look bad. I grew up with Neal Adams, George Perez, Joe Kubert, ER Cruz, Luis Dominguez, etc. so my eyes appeal to a certain style.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:33:15 26/09/2014 by GhostRoaster
#1045 Posted: 19:32:35 26/09/2014
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Art is a matter of taste. To my eyes they all look bad. I grew up with Neal Adams, George Perez, Joe Kubert, ER Cruz, Luis Dominguez, etc. so my eyes appeal to a certain style.

[User Posted Image]

I love Kubert.
#1046 Posted: 01:42:27 27/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Rest in Peace, Joe smilie

Let's not forget Bernie Wrightson.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:43:36 27/09/2014 by GhostRoaster
#1047 Posted: 02:03:08 27/09/2014
I know that cover's kind of old, but I just realised how horribly Terrabite is drawn on the "Welcome To Skylanders Academy!" comic cover. Look at the right side of his body. Some of the comic artwork looks really iffy, but that's particularly bad. Badly messed-up perspective on the art. Wildfire doesn't look too hot, either (which I only want to point out for the sake of that pun).

I just thought about it and realised, what the heck is up with the Kaos Trap? Why does he have his own unique Trap; why wouldn't he belong to some other Element? For now I'd like to imagine it's because he's a Portal Master and that any Portal Masters would need their own unique Traps, but... I just feel Kaos would be better as a Dark or Magic villain and I feel like Acti decided a Kaos Trap on its own would sell a lot and they had it made. Besides, I don't see anything that backs up that headcanon.

But anyway, TT isn't out yet and we don't know about all the story details. I went back and replayed SF, and I still don't enjoy going back to it much. Extra modes are great and give you the option to explore or just rush through a bonus mission or just fight enemies in Survival- and I'm kind of angry to see they're gone, because they could arguably be the best thing SF added- but the story and characters are still a bore and the unskippable/slow-to-skip cutscenes are still frustrating and there's still nothing to do on upgraded Skylanders aside from the horrid Quests (even if Heroics suck, I think SF's Quests are worse in every way and will not debate about that).
The cutscenes, especially, make it kind of hard to go back to after playing Giants, which was comparatively masterful about skipping cutscenes. It's a real shame because the mechanics are so much better than SA or Giants and like I said, the extra modes are great. And a bunch of the levels would be really fun to rush through, if only there weren't so many cutscenes in 99% of them. I really wish they had included a "turn cutscenes off" option that you'd unlock after beating the game once.

I'm not more excited for TT upon going back to SF and feeling this way, though. I'm just more curious to see wether VV can improve these aspects in their next game (I say "wether they can" because I suspect Acti forced them to put in those dumb cutscenes, and they may not be allowed to remove them if they want to). I'm really hoping their next game has modes as substansial as SF's, at least.
TT seems to suffer something similar to the "middle child syndrome" Giants does: the story doesn't seem as immersive as SA and the game design doesn't seem to be as good as SF, nor does it have as many modes as the latter. Right now I'm only buying it for new characters. Plan is to get: the game, one of every new Core/Trap Master, every Adventure Pack, the five reposes because there are only five this time, one Trap of every Element and only the Minis/variants I really love.

I wouldn't keep whining about SF and how disappointed I am with TT, but there's pretty much no news to discuss at this point, aside from just speculating. Besides, I wanted to vent. Again.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:17:02 27/09/2014 by Arc of Archives
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#1048 Posted: 19:21:22 27/09/2014
So we got these in at work finally, and one of them had to be sent back due to damage. So if you don't mind a mini review and some probably already known info, here's my take on what was inside:
-The trap master cards are in the same style as the regular core/giant cards, and not like the swap force cards as shown in the very first shots. Should make thing easier for those of you after a uniform look in your binders.
-The portal looks...very odd in person. The transparent plastic clashes with the trap holder and would probably have worked better with the older designs moreso.
-The question mark skylanders are indeed still question marks. Bat Spin and the other frito lay landers are indeed on the poster though so no mystery with them.
-The trap holder is basically one big honking tray made out of thick cardboard. At first I thought it was plastic but it's just lamination. Kaos has his own slot in the very top middle, but there are a ton of blank spots on there which really just looks odd given the poster.
-Seeing Snap Shot and Food Fight in person...I'm still not feeling them. I've warmed up to many of the new designs to some extent, but these just still look strange to me, albeit very nicely detailed as per the standard, and moreso than their Infinity counterparts.
uttster13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2701
#1049 Posted: 19:42:22 27/09/2014
I really wished they would've had the question marks revealed. It's a rather bad idea to think that you can get away with an incomplete poster.
---
A story.
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#1050 Posted: 19:48:51 27/09/2014
Although I'm excited....we are a week away from release and it does not feel like it at all. It feels like there is no "buzz" with Trap Team and not very much info about it. I dunno. Seems odd compared to last year.

These forums seem quieter than normal as well.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:52:59 27/09/2014 by TOlofter
First | Previous | Page 21 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me