First | Page 2 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reviews *Spoilers* [STICKY]
randomwarrior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1067
#51 Posted: 07:06:10 10/11/2008
Quote: HIR
Here's my review (PS3 version), now that I got 100%. >.>

Graphics: Always nice to start out with the pluses, right? The graphics were definitely good in this game. The PS3 version had some really good "eye candy." Personally, I liked Warfang, the Burned Lands and the Floating Islands stages. It's nice to play a game with great graphics.

Camera: Tell me, why did the developers waste time with utilizing the controller for camera control, when it hardly did anything? The only good I found I could get out of it was locating a couple of chests, Blue XP Crystals, Red Crystals and Green Crystals that were in some tight spaces. The camera often turned directions you didn't really like. I personally didn't like how it didn't stay behind you the entire time like in the previous two titles. smilie

Handling: This game got way too confusing. There were way too many types of moves in this game (weak attacks, strong attacks, grabbing, aerial attacks). It got very confusing trying to remember which button did which at first. As for the flying, thumbs down. It didn't control very well. Generally when you have flying, tilting the analog stick up makes you go down whereas tilting the analog stick down lets you go up. Yet I could never really get down/up freely in this game. I even thought the old PSX Spyro games controlled better with flying then they did here. Heck, ANB controlled better. As for trying to combat in the air, forget it. And did I mention the game NEVER LETS YOU LAND WHEN YOU WANT TO. Seriously, I had to fly around in circles so I could land on top of that precariously perched platform. smilie

Difficulty: Any game where I can go through it death-less is probably not that difficult. But lets just sum a few things up: enemies rarely attacked/stunned way more easily than before, there were only two REAL boss battles (one Golem fight and Malefor) and one level with a boss meter (Destroyer). The puzzles were rather easy. I didn't really find any trouble with levers, Conduits or Adamant Orbs. The game was also very generous in dispatching you gems from enemies. It's also insanely easy to build up your combos. And lets not forget, final fury armor is like a one way ticket to unhitability! No you can't touch this, can't touch this! *poses* Did like the Tornado attack. Accidentally using the infinite mana cheat with the tornado is the best way to build up a 250 hit combo and unlock a gallery in the process! But apparently, you died if you missed those action commands at certain points. Who'd thunk it? *brick'd* x.x

Music: Too much repetition, but some of the track choices were very good to repeat (Cynder Action is my favorite Legend track EVAH!!!). And let's top that off with the fact that Activision wants to make it's OWN music store so the selfish folks at the company will not be releasing a soundtrack onto all of our favorite music places like iTunes and Raphsody. WHY DO YOU HATE ME, MANGON?! ;~;

Plot: DotD gets the blue ribbon for actually throwing plot twists in their, something the two titles before it failed to do. I also liked turning the main trio into teenagers (Cynder's new personality is also more reminiscent of her old, evil self and the rivalry she has with Sparx is hilarious). If I really had to complain about anything, I'd complain about the lack of Sparx. Needs more Sparx, ppl! <.>

Replay value: Lacking. I got 100% on the first go ahead (the combo gallery I accidentally unlocked because of fiddling around with cheats, however). If you've got a buddy, feel free to go through the game again with them (as long as it's not the Wii version) because that could actually be fun. But to me, this is a one-and-done game. Not much to see or replay. The level map is a nice touch. Why have to play through the entire game when I want to simply replay my favorite level?

SCORE: 5.1/10
Reason: I don't think I'm going out on a limb with this score. Since October of 2007, there have been a surge of awesome video games (Halo 3, Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Mega Man 9, Brawl, Devil May Cry 4, BioShock, etc.) and there are still plenty of great ones coming (Gears of War II, Sonic Unleashed). This game simply isn't going to stand up to some of these major titles. If I were Sierra/Activision, I would stop pumping out Spyro games once a year and take 2 or 3 years to put together a really good game. It's worked hell-a good for a bunch of games (including some in the above list) so I don't see why it can't work for Spyro.

(end rant) <.<;

*Agrees* Totally agree on the camera and flying. The flying was a let down for me so was the bad camera. *Nods*
---
"You have too many roads, demolish them and replace them with streets to save on maintenance.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING, YOU WILL REGRET THIS"
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#52 Posted: 17:34:37 11/11/2008
Hooray for agreement! Also, you can edit the thing you're quoting, like cut out the rest of my review except for the bolded portion so it doesn't make your post ridiculously long! Hooray for friendly advice! b^.^b
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
cynder_rocks Green Sparx Gems: 141
#53 Posted: 18:31:58 11/11/2008
Quote: randomwarrior
I've got the game! Here's my review *Holds up shield*

Camera: 6/10- I wish you could rotate it more around.

Flying: 7/10 It is a joy to fly but unfortunately the dragons move too slow for me, still fun though even walking's slow.

StoryLine: 9/10 I think it's quite a neat storyline so far but I think they need a little more explaining to do with it.

Music: 10/10 I love the music even if it's reused. I love it.

Combat: 8/10 Again this is fun but the dragons move slow.

Puzzles: 7/10 Nice challenges but I think they need to give more tutorials, considering I was stuck on how to use the chain swing for a bit and the manual didn't say anything about chain swinging.

Graphics: 10/10 Wonderful! Even on ps2!

Gameplay: 9/10 The game on ps2 is a tad laggy but other okaywise.

Overall: This game gets a... 6.9 from me. It's just mainly the game was slow and laggy for me but putting that aside it is quite fun.

What the heck are you saying randy?! Everything is PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are not a true Spyro fan are you? it is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#54 Posted: 20:22:30 11/11/2008
Quote: cynder_rocks
I've got the game! Here's my review *Holds up shield*

Camera: 6/10- I wish you could rotate it more around.

Flying: 7/10 It is a joy to fly but unfortunately the dragons move too slow for me, still fun though even walking's slow.

StoryLine: 9/10 I think it's quite a neat storyline so far but I think they need a little more explaining to do with it.

Music: 10/10 I love the music even if it's reused. I love it.

Combat: 8/10 Again this is fun but the dragons move slow.

Puzzles: 7/10 Nice challenges but I think they need to give more tutorials, considering I was stuck on how to use the chain swing for a bit and the manual didn't say anything about chain swinging.

Graphics: 10/10 Wonderful! Even on ps2!

Gameplay: 9/10 The game on ps2 is a tad laggy but other okaywise.

Overall: This game gets a... 6.9 from me. It's just mainly the game was slow and laggy for me but putting that aside it is quite fun.

What the heck are you saying randy?! Everything is PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are not a true Spyro fan are you? it is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People are entitled to their own opinion :|
DragonFriend244 Blue Sparx Gems: 767
#55 Posted: 21:31:22 11/11/2008
Here's my review (PS3 version), now that I got 100%. >.>

Graphics: Always nice to start out with the pluses, right? The graphics were definitely good in this game. The PS3 version had some really good "eye candy." Personally, I liked Warfang, the Burned Lands and the Floating Islands stages. It's nice to play a game with great graphics.

Camera: Tell me, why did the developers waste time with utilizing the controller for camera control, when it hardly did anything? The only good I found I could get out of it was locating a couple of chests, Blue XP Crystals, Red Crystals and Green Crystals that were in some tight spaces. The camera often turned directions you didn't really like. I personally didn't like how it didn't stay behind you the entire time like in the previous two titles. smilie

Handling: This game got way too confusing. There were way too many types of moves in this game (weak attacks, strong attacks, grabbing, aerial attacks). It got very confusing trying to remember which button did which at first. As for the flying, thumbs down. It didn't control very well. Generally when you have flying, tilting the analog stick up makes you go down whereas tilting the analog stick down lets you go up. Yet I could never really get down/up freely in this game. I even thought the old PSX Spyro games controlled better with flying then they did here. Heck, ANB controlled better. As for trying to combat in the air, forget it. And did I mention the game NEVER LETS YOU LAND WHEN YOU WANT TO. Seriously, I had to fly around in circles so I could land on top of that precariously perched platform. smilie

Difficulty: Any game where I can go through it death-less is probably not that difficult. But lets just sum a few things up: enemies rarely attacked/stunned way more easily than before, there were only two REAL boss battles (one Golem fight and Malefor) and one level with a boss meter (Destroyer). The puzzles were rather easy. I didn't really find any trouble with levers, Conduits or Adamant Orbs. The game was also very generous in dispatching you gems from enemies. It's also insanely easy to build up your combos. And lets not forget, final fury armor is like a one way ticket to unhitability! No you can't touch this, can't touch this! *poses* Did like the Tornado attack. Accidentally using the infinite mana cheat with the tornado is the best way to build up a 250 hit combo and unlock a gallery in the process! But apparently, you died if you missed those action commands at certain points. Who'd thunk it? *brick'd* x.x

Music: Too much repetition, but some of the track choices were very good to repeat (Cynder Action is my favorite Legend track EVAH!!!). And let's top that off with the fact that Activision wants to make it's OWN music store so the selfish folks at the company will not be releasing a soundtrack onto all of our favorite music places like iTunes and Raphsody. WHY DO YOU HATE ME, MANGON?! ;~;

Plot: DotD gets the blue ribbon for actually throwing plot twists in their, something the two titles before it failed to do. I also liked turning the main trio into teenagers (Cynder's new personality is also more reminiscent of her old, evil self and the rivalry she has with Sparx is hilarious). If I really had to complain about anything, I'd complain about the lack of Sparx. Needs more Sparx, ppl! <.>

Replay value: Lacking. I got 100% on the first go ahead (the combo gallery I accidentally unlocked because of fiddling around with cheats, however). If you've got a buddy, feel free to go through the game again with them (as long as it's not the Wii version) because that could actually be fun. But to me, this is a one-and-done game. Not much to see or replay. The level map is a nice touch. Why have to play through the entire game when I want to simply replay my favorite level?

SCORE: 5.1/10
Reason: I don't think I'm going out on a limb with this score. Since October of 2007, there have been a surge of awesome video games (Halo 3, Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Mega Man 9, Brawl, Devil May Cry 4, BioShock, etc.) and there are still plenty of great ones coming (Gears of War II, Sonic Unleashed). This game simply isn't going to stand up to some of these major titles. If I were Sierra/Activision, I would stop pumping out Spyro games once a year and take 2 or 3 years to put together a really good game. It's worked hell-a good for a bunch of games (including some in the above list) so I don't see why it can't work for Spyro.

(end rant) <.<;

*Agrees* Totally agree on the camera and flying. The flying was a let down for me so was the bad camera. *Nods*

Perhaps someone isn't the greatest video game player, or it just isn't that persons type of game...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:13:57 11/11/2008 by DragonFriend244
Firestar Yellow Sparx Gems: 1897
#56 Posted: 02:27:35 12/11/2008
camera sucked but everything else was great
Summer_Forest Green Sparx Gems: 238
#57 Posted: 02:33:14 12/11/2008
From my overall impression of the game: 6.5/10
---
"Young dragon, all our hope now lies with you. When you wake up, it will be a different world, but know this; you are not alone."

Firestar Yellow Sparx Gems: 1897
#58 Posted: 03:55:05 12/11/2008
6.5/10????! What??!!
#59 Posted: 01:50:26 13/11/2008
Don't act so surprised. Everyone's entitled to their own views of the game. <.<;
---
Twilight Blue Sparx Gems: 742
#60 Posted: 06:55:33 13/11/2008
This game was good first time round and I quite enjoyed the experience it offered, of course that was before I gave up trying in vain to ignore the glaring flaws .

The story is highly derivative of other popular movies/games, namely The Lord of the Rings and God of War, to the extent that it takes a few pointers from time to time and otherwise blatantly rips them off.

It was repetitive and the gameplay was nothing special either. Free flight worked okay with the exception of some areas (getting the last two blue clusters on The Destroyer level was a *****) but even the smallest enemies could brush off blows that would flip a bloody tank and your attacks are at best somewhat effective and at worst useless clumsy drunken swings. The quick attacks are piss weak and the heavy attacks are too slow in their execution to be useful and every elemental attack that was even remotely useful only gets about 2-3, maybe 4 castings before your out magic and back to your nubby little claws again. It was repetitive and even the bosses, especially Malefor to my great disappointment, were a complete joke, just like the idiot AI ally .

Yeah, the scenery may range from interesting to jaw droppingly gorgeous but it only served to distract from the dull and unintuitive level design and am I the only casual gamer in this god forsaken world who is sick to death of orchestral soundtracks.

It was short too.

And repetitive.
---
As long as I don't have to do anything, I'm kool with it.
TheDarkCynder Green Sparx Gems: 332
#61 Posted: 06:12:24 15/11/2008
Fun: 9(i liked it)
Hardness:9(Whew, i got confiused and angry!)
Camera:2(Arrugh! i got stuck behind everything!)
Flight:8(i liked it, but the restriction bothered me and when i tried to double jump, i flew instead.)
Storyline:10(loved it!)
Emotion:7 (reduced because cynder has no emotion)

Well it comes to an 8 1/2. Good Job, Sierra!
---
Though storm winds may blow, then among them I will be, for without the rain no seed would grow. http://dragcave.net/user/TheDarkCynder- Click eggs. do it.
SpyroTheDragon Green Sparx Gems: 411
#62 Posted: 20:25:30 18/11/2008
I think it is absulutely awsomesmilie. I only got 2 things to complain about:

1. The camera is pretty annoying at times it is not free enough, or rather you don't have enough control. What I mean is that sometimes the rotation of the camera is to restricted.

2. The flying is good as it is, but i would like some more height control like an up/down axis instead the fly/land commands...

but all in all a great game 9.9/10
---
Well what can i say?! I'm a Spyro-gamer, and love every minute of it!!!...smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:23:18 22/11/2008 by SpyroTheDragon
randomwarrior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1067
#63 Posted: 20:32:38 18/11/2008
I'm not that bad I just think that EL did an okay job for their first outing and that they improve on it in the future. I still like Spyro I just don't think that this game was super great but it wasn't a complete flop. Like everyone else said I'm entitled to my own opinion! I'm accepting the fact that I'm not too sure Spyro is going to switch back but whatever direction EL takes I'll go with it as long that they learn from their mistakes and make it better.

EDIT: Just because it's a Spyro game doesn't mean everyone has to like it :/
---
"You have too many roads, demolish them and replace them with streets to save on maintenance.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING, YOU WILL REGRET THIS"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:27:00 19/11/2008 by randomwarrior
Rocky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1860
#64 Posted: 15:22:16 23/11/2008
I just beated it today, and i loved it!!! smilie smilie smilie

I give it:

Storyline: 10/10, no doubt! smilie
I thought it was so great and emotional! *sob*

Combat: 10/10
I liked the biting and scratching and stuff! smilie

Flying: 8/10
It was a little dissapointing, 'cuz even thoug there where free flight, there where limits for the hight, but it was still great! smilie

Graphic: 10/10
It where so amazing, most for the PS2! smilie

Camera: 3/10
The camera was SO annoying! smilie

Levels: 8/10
They where all right. The PS3 and Xbox version of 'Valley of Avaler' where so awesome, but i got the PS2 version so... it kinda sucks compared to the others! smilie

Music: 8/10
I loved how they re-used the music, it really gave the feeling of being back in the game! smilie But they could've mixed it up a little! smilie
Cynder28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2731
#65 Posted: 12:31:31 27/11/2008
Storyline: 10/10
It's really good!

Combat: 10/10
Melee rules smilie

Flying: 10/10
It was often really useful.
Graphics: 10/10
They were REALLY good ofr the PS2 version.Amazing!

Camera: 9/10
I liked the camera smilie It's good. (for me smilie )

Levels: 9/10
They could have done more levels but still pretty good!

Music: 10/10
The music fits really good!

Total:8/10
Hmmm...That's really good smilie
Probably this game is the best of Spyro games.Until another games come out.
EDIT:Mistakes
---
A wise man once said, "That's a pretty dumb thing to ask a magical girl."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:19:40 27/11/2008 by Cynder28
crashpro Gold Sparx Gems: 2027
#66 Posted: 13:30:19 27/11/2008
Gameplay: 6 (Too Repetitive)
Story: 7
Sound: 5 (Needs new music)
Replay Value: 5 (Not worth concept art)
Overall: 5.3 out of 10.
We just need a Spyro game like Insomniac delivered 9 years ago... (Spyro 2 FTW)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:31:42 14/06/2009 by crashpro
Sieryu Red Sparx Gems: 26
#67 Posted: 18:18:19 30/11/2008
Im not really going to give a score cause I'd probably just give a 10/10 for the sake of being a hard core spyro fan but more of my opinion on the various aspects of the game

Music: Gets a thumbs up from me even though there were repetitions here and there, but the song for the valley of avalar was just breathtaking. Each level's music was suited to it. Although I was hoping that the elite monsters in each level had a individual theme or something.

Storyline: Hmmm.... Very emotional and good job in turning the trio into teenagers. However, in the scene before the burnt land when spyro morphs, I think it was too abrupt. There was completely no mention that he had those powers in any point of the game, so it left a big question mark for me unanswered. But i still think the whole game was summed up quite beautifully. I think the storyline could have been made longer cause just when i was hoping for more the game just ended.

There should have been more character development on Cynder as well. In the ending when she finally confesses, there was no apparent build up of feelings except in the burning plains.

Graphics: From levels that positively glow (valley of avalar) to ones that seeth with darkness? FTW. Just one problem in the level Dragon city when you are defending the dragon cannon. WHY THE FUX ARE THERE 32 BIT PIXELS MOVING IN THE BACKGROUND. Sloppy work there, but everything else was picture perfect. Also i personally think that Cynder looks much better (and sexier =x) than she did in previous TLOS games. Her snout finally looks more like one of a dragon rather then the flat thing they stuck on in previous games. I also like to think of it as a slow evolution into her eventual adult self in ANB, which many should remember, she had a long snout.

Hunter is also very well drawn and very much as I had pictured him. While he does lose his klutzy nature in previous Spyro games, the more serious nature he takes on helps with the game.

Controls: The fighting aspect was quite interesting given the various types of combos you can execute. The combo meter was also a refreshing addition to game. Elite monster fights could be a bit harder, also Malefor also needed reworking cause as discovered by various users here, HE CAN ONLY FACE STRAIGHT. I think the camera was quite crappy. However this is only when searching for hidden stuff and when trying to look at the characters in close up =D and also during flight. During combat, it was always quite merciful to me.

Flying: Finally after a decade of waiting for the puny purple dragon to grow wings big enough to fly instead of glide. But i think he could have done with a few more years of growing cause controlling the height is positively impossible. Manuverability is okay, except during aerial combat. Eg. The destroyer stage. I got completely pissed at trying to land a few physical attacks at them flying critters, so i used Cynder to 'wind' them down for insta-kills.

And for those who have trouble landing, try holding the analog stick back and pressing L1, it helps a lot. Or switch the Earth/ poison element and do a secondary attack.

Replay value: Depends on whether you are a completionist or not. Getting the armor (especially the final sets for spyro and cynder) are definitely useful and so is the health and life. But replaying the entire level just to find the singly cruddy elite monster you missed is kinda screwy. As pointed out by crashpro, the concept art is just for the completionist and for people who have difficulty sketching without reference.

Gameplay: Pretty much about the same for all 3 TLOS games. Given the size of the levels, there should have been more interaction between the NPCs and perhaps some sidequests to increase the level of gameplay and also perhaps the replay value. The puzzles were also sufficiently challenging but not enough to completely deter players from playing. The AI computer just sucks big time. Although i genuinely had a shock when AI Cynder managed a 16 hit combo, then i realised I had her on poison strike armor ._. Switching between characters are definately one of the most interesting aspect of the games because of the 8 elements now at your disposal. But the fighting style of the 2 dragons were far to similar and a distinction between the 2 eg. Lessar damage but more combo's for Cynder, or something would have been great.

Comic relief done by Sparx can go from dry to downright corny. Too little Sparx IMO.

Voices: wayne brady. Wayne Brady. WAYNE BRADY!!! WHYYYYYYY WAYNE BRADY!!!!!! I think Sparx was much better off being voiced by David Spade. Nuff' said.

Contrary to many people, I think Cynder was much better played by Christina Ricci rather than Mae Whitman( The Eternal Night) or Jeff Bennett( A New Beginning). Mae Whitman's voice was just too raspy, especially at the scene when cynder and spyro are together and she says that she has a bad feeling. And at the ending scene after defeating gaul where she screams, it just makes Cynder sound so damn old!! Christina Ricci really makes Cynder sound her age and thus gets a claw(thumb) up. Spyro was quite well voiced by Elijah Wood but I still like Gary Oldman and Ignitus the most.

Hmm hopefully I didnt miss out much in my review. Despite the fact that I seem to have many criticism, I'm glad to say that I enjoyed myself throughout the game. Music and graphics came together pretty well and the ending scene where Cynder said those magical 3 words that I've been longing to hear for a darn long time was just made the game for me, although some form of reciprocation from Spyro would have been nice too. While many people simply demand Spyro to revert back to the old school platformer charging and flaming enemies and gem + orb/egg/dragonfly/ Light gem lighting etc. collecting games, I think that the expansion into a new form of gameplay is great for the game that has been around for a decade. Having played all the games like any good spyro fanboy, I believe that creating and old school game may not market well due to changing interest. Perhaps a melding of old and new may be better received!

Cheers to the next installment of Spyro that will be able to surpass the rest! Appreciate those who took time to read through my review smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:28:55 30/11/2008 by Sieryu
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#68 Posted: 23:09:06 05/12/2008
well i havent finised it but I THINK cyrel and voltire have already said there line ohhh i mean half line THEY ONLY SAID ONE THING AT ONE PONT THEN THAT WAS THAT i mean they could of had a littler meating bit but still they may speek later on when i compleat it i hope they do caz they only said like one thing
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#69 Posted: 18:04:27 06/12/2008
Quote: DARK CINDER
well i havent finised it but I THINK cyrel and voltire have already said there line ohhh i mean half line THEY ONLY SAID ONE THING AT ONE PONT THEN THAT WAS THAT i mean they could of had a littler meating bit but still they may speek later on when i compleat it i hope they do caz they only said like one thing

TALK ENGLISH

or incase you don't understand...

spek inglish
Rocky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1860
#70 Posted: 20:21:39 06/12/2008
Hey Tango, it's not DARK CINDER's fault he/she can't speak english that well! Not everyone is from USA or US you know.
#71 Posted: 17:36:53 15/12/2008
Quote: Rocky
Hey Tango, it's not DARK CINDER's fault he/she can't speak english that well! Not everyone is from USA or US you know.

Still..."caz" isn't a word...
#72 Posted: 20:40:07 22/12/2008
Quote: DARK CINDER
Quote: Tango
Quote: Rocky

Still..."caz" isn't a word...

^ and i thougt you were not one of then guss evry one here is a bich then... EXSEPT the once who dont mind spelling

How many times do I have to report you in a day?

EDIT: Any people who are ******* are usually chavs, who don't give a hoot about spelling.

Spelling. Use it.

Or everyone will think your 7.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:41:37 22/12/2008 by Tango
Mewnaphy Gold Sparx Gems: 2750
#73 Posted: 02:54:05 11/01/2009
I give it a 7.I enjoyed it most out of the LoS trilogy,but I feel that it's overhyped.:>
---
"Hence nothing remains except for our regrets"
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#74 Posted: 03:40:58 11/01/2009
I agree with most of you, the camera was AWFUL
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
spyro super fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#75 Posted: 17:15:17 14/01/2009
DOTD wii rewiew.
music:10/10,IT WAS AWSOME!!!
camera:10/10,perfect camera
flying:8,5/10,could have been a little better controls but it worked good
combat:10/10,the combat was ULTRA COOL!!!
---
Kiyoteru Hiyama - "You're engulfed in a sorrowful melody, come and sleep now.
Hereafter, the beginning of a tragedy must be burned into your eyes."
spiritdragoness Green Sparx Gems: 224
#76 Posted: 05:39:27 15/01/2009
the storyline was terrible! all they did was make a bunch of levels and put them together in no order at all!
I liked the flying though. it's a good way to dodge enemies.
---
They're not just any Chemical Romance, they're My Chemical Romance!
Yay for the MCRmy!
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#77 Posted: 11:34:13 15/01/2009
This is what I think. smilie

Music: It suted most off the levels. It came on at good timing to. But they should of made the music in burned lands a tinny bit more haunting. The music that comes on everytime a eleit enemys comes on was okay. I liked the music when you get new armor. Also, I didn't like how they just grabed all of the music from ANB and TEN and shoved them in in DOTD. But the music is till good. I loved the music in Burned lands.

Charactors: I think they did the charactor designs well. I liked Cynder's new look. (But why did they made her LOOK Dark blue (or dark purple...)? She looked better jet black...) I also like Spyro's design. Sparx is okay, but he is a tinny tinny bit better then TEN and ANB (he is not really that much of a cowerd. Also, through out the game, he started to trust Cynder alot more). But his voice was terible... I liked Cynder's voice at first, but then it started to get anoying. I thought Hunter looked cool. His not that cheeta that always forgets things and gets scared all the time... He also dosn't think his so cool (points to Hunter from AHT). Even Spyro got anoyed with him when he was teaching him how to jump and glide for the 4th time. smilie I didn't liked how Volteer and Cyril only said one sentence while Terrador and Ignitus spoked alot more. Volteer isn't that chatter box now.... D:

Flying: I thought the flying was great. Finerly, Spyro can fly! Spyro, YOU HAVE WINGS FOR A REASON AND THATS TOO FLY!!! Finerly, you can fly Spyro! smilie But still, you should of been able to fly a little bit heigher.... You can only fly about 20cm of the ground.... Also, they should of flowen faster...

Grapics: The grapics were great. Even the PS2 grapics were nice. But still, I have a bad feeling that they spent all of there time on grapics until they didn't have that much time on the game. So they rashed it a little bit. They should of added a little bit more to the ending of DOTD. Maby at list make it that Cynder and Spyro fly around for a bit and then return to the others. Then they explane Ignitus's death.

Combat: I like the combat. It had less fighting then I expected. Also, it had more exploring! THATS WHAT I WANTED ALL ALONG IN TLOS!!! My wish came true! :3

Glitches: There were a couple of glitches in the PS2 verson. Like in Avalar, there was a glitch when Sparx look weird. Also, in Twlight fulls, when you nock down the tree and walk across to the other side, the loading thing flickers on and of for about 1 minet... Also, in some places were you colect Armor, sometimes the armor disapers at the wrong time.

This game was still great! smilie *screams*
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
Spyro-Fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5318
#78 Posted: 14:27:24 18/01/2009
Flying-10/10
Breaths-9/10
Climbing-8/10
Combat-9.5/10
Graphic-Xbox 360-10/10
-Playstation 3-10/10
-Wii-4/10
-Playstation 2-3/10
Sound/Music-9/10
Story-10/10
Camera-9.5/10

FINALLY-8.5/10
spyro942 Blue Sparx Gems: 779
#79 Posted: 16:25:26 20/01/2009
my review
Combat: 9/10
Story-line: 9/10

overall 10/10
okami12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2205
#80 Posted: 20:25:41 20/01/2009
Gameplay 10/10

flying 10/10

storyline 8/10

Combat 7/10

overrall 10/10

ps2 6/10

Xbox360 10/10
SpyroGirlCazy Emerald Sparx Gems: 4436
#81 Posted: 06:35:03 21/01/2009
Running/Walking: 10/10
Jumping: 10/10
Climbing: i love climbing 10/10
Ground Combat: 10/10
Air Combat: 9/10 some times slow
Elemental attacks: 10/10
Flying Combat: 8/10 notthe best
Dodge moves: very awesome and usfull 10/10
Graphics: 10/10 !!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR THE XBOX 360 VERSION
Camera: 10/10 i think the camera is fine
Fury attacks: 7/10 they could have worked a little harder woth that
Story-line: 10/10
tye-dye dragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1459
#82 Posted: 18:50:24 23/01/2009
And I... still don't have it... and may not have it till next Wednesday or Thursday. The only impression of the game I have is from a friend's Wii version. ;~;

Same here - that is for getting it around Wednesday. smilie
DarkSpyro58 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1814
#83 Posted: 03:07:42 01/02/2009
9/10 score

I really liked the game, but the camera was a pain.
The story could have been longer, but it was still good.
Ya'll do know that Wayne Brady did the voice for Sparx and that Mark Hamell did the voice for Malefor! May the Force be with you Mark Hamell!
---
EVIL, and PROUD OF IT!!! I am Dark58!!!
#84 Posted: 17:17:59 02/02/2009
Quote:
This game got way too confusing. There were way too many types of moves in this game (weak attacks, strong attacks, grabbing, aerial attacks). It got very confusing trying to remember which button did which at first. As for the flying, thumbs down. It didn't control very well. Generally when you have flying, tilting the analog stick up makes you go down whereas tilting the analog stick down lets you go up. Yet I could never really get down/up freely in this game. I even thought the old PSX Spyro games controlled better with flying then they did here. Heck, ANB controlled better. As for trying to combat in the air, forget it. And did I mention the game NEVER LETS YOU LAND WHEN YOU WANT TO. Seriously, I had to fly around in circles so I could land on top of that precariously perched platform. smilie

I agree. smilie
#85 Posted: 02:45:29 03/02/2009
Glad people agree with me. I've played many unforgiving games (Devil May Cry, Ghouls N' Ghosts, Battletoads w/o a Game Genie) and their control schemes were actually decent to the point that they didn't frustrate you. <.<

Edit: I updated the score in my review and my overall opinion. Here it is...

SCORE: 4.8/10
Edit: Score was lowered. As I've been thinking about this game, it just occurred to me how truly horrible an experience it was playing this in comparison to ANB and TEN. The combat system was a failure, the AI were unnecessary, frustrating, and useless, the boss battles weren't engaging or enjoyable and they were ridiculously easy, and the levels just lacked a clear, definite flow. My full attention wasn't even on this game when I played it. I was both listening to my iPod through the gameplay and reading my Vince Flynn novel during the cheesy cutscenes. Heck, I even sold the game back for a full refund! I NEVER, NEVER sell games back. The last game I remember giving away was Sonic R. To those people who call this game difficult, please rent a copy of any game in the Devil May Cry series (PS2 for the first 3, PS3/360 for the fourth) and attempt to play it. Then play DotD and you'll see just how much it phails in comparison to the ideal combat-heavy game. Kudos to you, Capcom. As for Sierra, better luck next time, chaps! e_e
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:54:46 03/02/2009 by HIR
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#86 Posted: 12:19:03 03/02/2009
And did I mention the game NEVER LETS YOU LAND WHEN YOU WANT TO. Seriously, I had to fly around in circles so I could land on top of that precariously perched platform. smilie

There are to ways of landing, one for if you are not quite there yet (press block [L1] and move the analog stick, this is good for going though windy places) and on to drop strait down (hold the jump button (X) for a few seconds causing Spyro to switch to glide mode, then let go to pummet).

------------

My rating for the game 9/10.
(Reasons may come later)
#87 Posted: 01:53:57 04/02/2009
I don't know about that... the PS3 version, whenever I let go of the X button I kept gliding for some reason. =_=
---
Doppel Yellow Sparx Gems: 1244
#88 Posted: 03:36:13 05/03/2009
PLEASE READ MY SPOILER-FREE REVIEW AT IGN.COM:

Link Here

(This is not an advertisement. I'm just lazy to repost my review. smilie)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:37:54 05/03/2009 by Doppel
#89 Posted: 03:19:54 06/03/2009
Hmmm... IGN's been giving Wii games good reviews lately. IGN is going soft on Nintendo! XD
---
Cynder5 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1315
#90 Posted: 10:23:38 10/03/2009
I'd definitely give it a 10/10!!!
Cynder5 smilie
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#91 Posted: 11:01:07 22/03/2009
Quote: Cynder5
I'd definitely give it a 10/10!!!
Cynder5 smilie

Same here. No, wait, I'd give it 100000000000000000/10!!!!!

smilie

My faveorite part:
When at the end after Malefor's defeat you hear Cynder whisper to Spyro 'I love you'
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#92 Posted: 19:11:56 22/03/2009
My Review:
Music:10/10
I loved the music. That is probably the reason I like TLOS so much. I was a bit disappointed with the catacombs, though. They Could have done something really cool and spooky for it. http://www.kneubuhlmann.com/music.html
Story: 10/10
I don't really mind about stories. The Story was okay. I've not got much to say about it.
Controls:7/10
Quite Loose buttoned and confusing, I think. I found flying very difficult to control, and the attacks are to complicated. They are awesome when they work though.
Flying:5/10
To hard and convenient.
View:5/10
Only because it did its job in letting us see the characters. I would like more control over that.
Fury:1/10
I am V. disappointed by the lack of a fury move. I can't even get fury mode to work. Why can't it be like in ANB and TEN? The fury Breath was cool, though.
Were very good, but I prefer the over exaggerated hugeness of everything from ANB and TEN.
Levels:8/10
I liked the fact that they were open and you could explore. In the other games the levels were very linear and similar in structure. I like the way they are different.
Overall:9/10 Because for all it's defects, it's still a good game.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 09:29:42 15/04/2009 by tye-dye dragon
Cynderplayer Green Sparx Gems: 101
#93 Posted: 17:24:38 03/04/2009
I vote it 10/10!! I just LOVE the spyro games, but this was amazing!I like how you can fly whenever you want... but still... this game is really the one to play.. smilie
---
Ride Out this storm... and live to see another day.
Ale29 Green Sparx Gems: 386
#94 Posted: 19:50:54 05/04/2009
FLying: 9.5
Combat: 8.5
Breaths: 9.5
Story: 10

thast my vote! smilie
FearCynder Blue Sparx Gems: 538
#95 Posted: 02:56:36 11/04/2009
I would rate it a 9/10 because of height control (annoying) and controls in general. (Like wall running and slow air combat)
---
smilie smilie smilie : WAHAHA JOIN DA DARK SIDE OF LOS!!!! smilie

smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie May the elders rock on! smilie
crashpro Gold Sparx Gems: 2027
#96 Posted: 10:50:23 15/04/2009
Alright, let me re-review it.

(PS3)

Gameplay: 6/10

Repetitive fighting and terrible flying does not work...

Graphics: 6/10
The HD versions look like a PS2 game with more shadows and lighting effects, plus characters looks block-y in some cutscenes. The textures were ripped from the PS2 version too, which explains their low polygon count.

Story/Dialogue: 8/10
I think it should give people who have never played the Legend series a better background of what's going on. The comedy from Sparx is missing too. David Spade (voice of Sparx in ANsmilie was obviously the best Sparx because he nailed the comedy act.

Controls: 9/10
Good, except for flying.

Replay Value: 3/10

There's nothing to do besides unlocking 5 concept art packs and replay the game. There aren't any extra levels like the Insomniac games.

Level design: 5.5/10

Most of the levels were simply waves of enemies, basic platforming that you cannot die from if you fall, more waves of enemies, more easy platforming, MORE enemies, platforming, puzzle while fighting enemies, platforming, puzzle, fighting, then end.
#97 Posted: 11:34:12 15/04/2009
I see your point.
Bobby_girl_xs Red Sparx Gems: 78
#98 Posted: 07:20:58 17/04/2009
Running/Walking: 8/10
Jumping: 5/10
Climbing: 7/10
Ground Combat: 9/10
Air Combat: 7/10
Elemental attacks: 10/10
Flying Combat: 8/10
Dodge moves: 10/10 i luv it how they flip
Camera: 5/10
Fury attacks: 7/10
Story-line: 10/10

AWSUM GAME
---
OMG ^ crazy writer x3> My new story: StarWing: silver skys above
Skyqueen Emerald Sparx Gems: 3282
#99 Posted: 07:36:02 17/04/2009
Walking/Running: 7/10
Jumping: 7/10
Flying: 9/10
Climbing: 8/10
Ground Combat: 9/10
Flying Combat: 8/10
Elemental Attacks: 10/10
Dodge moves: 10/10 I also love how the flip as well!
Fury Attacks: 10/10
Story line: 10/10
---
N/A
golemwrecker103 Green Sparx Gems: 395
#100 Posted: 23:07:31 13/05/2009
Combat: 9
Flying: 6
Storyling: 9 1/2
---
/___________I'm smiling on the inside
\
First | Page 2 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me