Page 1 of 1
A topic to be closed... [Closed] [CLOSED]
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#1 Posted: 02:46:04 06/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Ok I've changed my mind... forget I said anything.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:22:33 06/07/2014 by JCat
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#2 Posted: 03:29:06 06/07/2014
I'm going to be very blunt: I hate all these ideas besides Armored Up. And even Armored Up, I imagine very differently.

Adding new elements would be unnessicary- there would be no upside to it besides allowing them to make more characters per game (which they can already do by just adding an extra character per element), and it would feel wrong with the lore behind the Core of Light, which was built up as a great machine comprised of all Elements. Also, in my opinion, it's more interesting seeing them stretch the elements we have so that Water also contains ice and Air also contains Electricity. Making Elements for them would feel more generic.

New Breed Skylanders would be extremely unexciting, just retreading old ones, and it would add nothing that couldn't be done with new Skylanders- it'd only give the opportunity for more new movesets which, again, could be done by simply making more new Skylanders.

As for your idea of splitting the games in two- no, just no. It's better than not being able to use old Skylanders, definitely- but if they reach the point where there's so much that has to go on the disc, it needs to be split into two, I'd be very worried. It'd be a decent solution, but it'd also be a sign of other problems. It already feels like they've bitten more than they can chew with the amount of Skylanders they have to work on (just look at how badly-balanced the older Skylanders are within SF).

Armoured Up is probably the best idea here, assuming you'd be able to use these pieces on ALL old Skylanders- like, if they were frozen armor pieces that you used by sitting them on the Portal- it'd actually be fairly cool, since it'd function a lot like giving them extra upgrades without you needing to buy a lame repose for that and you could use it on every one of them. They'd need to be extra-careful creating a lore explanation for that, though... And I fear it might be too difficult to make each of these "Armor pieces" offer things useful and interesting for many Skylanders, without making them do something different for every Skylander. On the plus-side, there might not be too many to collect if they can't make too many different ideas for them, then (reducing cost for a complete collection and, assuming they make sure each does something unique, making less of them feel redundant).
I don't think you could actually fit them on the toys, since I doubt they could fit nessicary chips without making all of them annoyingly big. Also, if they just make each piece just fit on certain Skylanders... no. Then you may as well just repose those characters (and by the way, how would it work to fit one armor piece on an S1 Spyro, could you also fit it onto S2 or S3 with their different poses?).

Actually, this just inspired me to expand on my idea for "Armor Pieces": they're great, ancient battle pieces from different civilisations such as Trolls and Gillmen. They share some magic connection with the Core of Light. They were lost long ago, however- and, more slowly than the Skylanders, made their way to Earth as the Skylanders did because of their connection with the Core. Their magic has faded away, and in-game you can play with them more in order to "upgrade" them and restore their magic, giving them damage boosts and little extra bonuses for doing certain stuff. I don't know what- perhaps clearing some kind of extra zones- but at this point the idea of doing extra zones involving the game gimmick to get bonuses is pretty bland, so I'd rather avoid something like that. Maybe they could just upgrade with gold converted to magic, like the Skylanders do now. AND BY THE WAY THERE'D BE A NEW, WAY MORE THREATENING AND HARD-TO-BEAT VILLAIN THAN KAOS IN THIS GAME TO MOTIVATE YOU TO USE THE EXTRA POWERS OF THESE WEAPONS. The weapons would feel a lot more meaningful than gimmicky that way- kinda like, "wow! These weapons made it here just in time!".
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 03:56:10 06/07/2014 by Arc of Archives
ToySoldierMafia Blue Sparx Gems: 916
#3 Posted: 04:00:24 06/07/2014
Yeah, I'm totally sold on any of these ideas either.

I actually had a thought of a future gimmick similar to a couple of your ideas. (Not sure if I ever posted it on this site) But to sum it up, it was that there are a group of skylanders with no element and you could use special magic items to give them an element that would change their design and how their powers work, in small but significant ways.

But I doubt any of these ideas will happen. There just isn't much to create a story around it.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me