Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Yet another LGBT topic. [CLOSED]
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#1 Posted: 23:23:42 03/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Felt like it was time to bring another one in. So, lets do this thing.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Toynerd14 Ripto Gems: 95
#2 Posted: 00:26:24 04/07/2014

Looks like we're off to a great start

NOTE: I love gays, I ain't no homophobe. I just thought this song was funny

WARNING: Language
assassinelf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1180
#3 Posted: 00:42:23 04/07/2014
So... why exactly do we need an LGBT topic?
---
Rickinelf: I ship it
Check out Survivor! Season 10! In forum games! Yay!
#4 Posted: 00:53:43 04/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Because these's always need for one.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#5 Posted: 02:03:45 04/07/2014
It's so annoying how LGBT is all that's in the news these days. I really don't give a **** if people want to be weird. I just don't want it shoved in my face all the time.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
#6 Posted: 02:04:56 04/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Then why post here?
---
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#7 Posted: 02:14:46 04/07/2014
What the hell is so "weird" about being gay/lesbian/bisexual? Are trying to tell to tell me that people who identify themselves as that are another life form? Or are you saying that people who identify themselves as those are abnormal? Because if you are, you're one judgmental ****wit.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#8 Posted: 02:16:15 04/07/2014
Quote: Ryanator20x6
It's so annoying how LGBT is all that's in the news these days. I really don't give a **** if people want to be weird. I just don't want it shoved in my face all the time.

We're normal as much as you are.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#9 Posted: 03:10:43 04/07/2014
Quote: JCW555
What the hell is so "weird" about being gay/lesbian/bisexual? Are trying to tell to tell me that people who identify themselves as that are another life form? Or are you saying that people who identify themselves as those are abnormal? Because if you are, you're one judgmental ****wit.

I didn't meant to start a fight, unlike you, who I feel inclined to insult after you shared your intriguing feelings about me. I guess calling you a "judgmental hot head" would suffice. Perhaps you don't get what I mean by "weird". By weird I just meant "not ordinary". It's not a derogatory term. Some could even say I'm weird for little things such as playing the Yu-Gi-Oh Trading Card Game, but I don't take offense, or even care. Also to be fair, I did say that I didn't give **** about them. I really don't; they can do whatever they want as long as they don't bother me about it.

Quote: Trix Master 100

No, not really. I very much resemble a typical person, while they aren't very common.

Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Then why post here?

I feel I offer a unique perspective on the situation. Just because I don't agree with most people doesn't mean that my voice shouldn't be heard.

Quote: Sesshomaru75
I really don't give a **** if people want to be weird.

What is that supposed to mean exactly? >.>

Exactly what it says.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:16:04 04/07/2014 by Ryanator20x6
#10 Posted: 03:23:58 04/07/2014

[quote=Ryanator20x6

No, not really. I very much resemble a typical person, while they aren't very common.[/quote]

They are very common. Whether they are gay are not. The not so common thing is user who happens be yelling at the topic for they are being a homophobe.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#11 Posted: 03:41:39 04/07/2014

I didn't meant to start a fight, unlike you, who I feel inclined to insult after you shared your intriguing feelings about me. I guess calling you a "judgmental hot head" would suffice. Perhaps you don't get what I mean by "weird". By weird I just meant "not ordinary". It's not a derogatory term. Some could even say I'm weird for little things such as playing the Yu-Gi-Oh Trading Card Game, but I don't take offense, or even care. Also to be fair, I did say that I didn't give **** about them. I really don't; they can do whatever they want as long as they don't bother me about it.

No, not really. I very much resemble a typical person, while they aren't very common.

Then why post here?

I feel I offer a unique perspective on the situation. Just because I don't agree with most people doesn't mean that my voice shouldn't be heard.

I really don't give a **** if people want to be weird.

Exactly what it says.

I have multiple points to make here. Straight is not predominant. And those who say it is are quite retarded. Another point. The vast majority of the time, homosexuals don't flaunt themselves. We're as likely to run through the streets, yelling out our sexualities as straight people are. The majority of gay media is either created by, or to combat, homophobes. Actually let myself correct myself. You listen to a pop station, you are most likely going to hear a song by a guy about ****ing chicks, or one by a girl about getting ****ed by a guy. And the rest of the songs will have nothing to do with romance, let alone homosexual romance. My third point. Your voice isn't being heard. Your words are being read. And in a negative light, to boot.
---
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#12 Posted: 03:47:23 04/07/2014
95% (I think that is what it was...) of species show homosexual behaviors, while only one shows homophobia. Which do you think is unordinary?
And I get that it's your opinion, but still, it is very much insulting.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#13 Posted: 04:04:16 04/07/2014
Perhaps you don't get what I meant by "weird". By weird, I just meant "not ordinary". It's not a derogatory term.

That didn't make it sound any better; it made it sound worse, actually. And it's a derogatory term in the way that you used it.

It's ordinary, just not quite as common as heterosexuality.

What exactly is your definition of a "typical" person?

And why do you refer to them as "they"? They aren't aliens, they're human beings just like you and me.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ordinary?s=t
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/they?s=t

Quote:

They are very common. Whether they are gay are not. The not so common thing is user who happens be yelling at the topic for they are being a homophobe.

3% isn't very common. Name-calling isn't really helping your case, especially when you're just spouting a buzzword that doesn't even apply to the situation. I'm not afraid of gay people, I just don't like that 3% of the population is the subject of 90% of the news.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
#14 Posted: 04:06:57 04/07/2014
You called us "weird" in the first place. So you started it. And how is "normal" (which there kind of is no such thing about) 3%?
---
icon from Empoh
#15 Posted: 04:08:19 04/07/2014
Quote: assassinelf

Then why post here?

Exactly what it says.

I have multiple points to make here. Straight is not predominant. And those who say it is are quite retarded.

You're making fun of retards now are you? What happened to equality? If they could be offended by you, I'm sure they would be. They have the same rights as us after all. Would you like somebody using a word that describes you are a derogatory term?
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#16 Posted: 04:11:27 04/07/2014
weird =/= uncommon, m8.
---
self professed austGAYlian
#17 Posted: 04:12:13 04/07/2014
Quote: DragonCamo
95% (I think that is what it was...) of species show homosexual behaviors, while only one shows homophobia.

Animals also tend to lick their butts and eat their own feces. Should I do that too?

You called us "weird" in the first place. So you started it. And how is "normal" (which there kind of is no such thing about) 3%?

It isn't. LGBT is 3%. It isn't normal. Somebody finally understands.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:14:38 04/07/2014 by Ryanator20x6
#18 Posted: 04:17:28 04/07/2014
95% (I think that is what it was...) of species show homosexual behaviors, while only one shows homophobia.

Animals also tend to lick their butts and eat their own feces. Should I do that too?

It isn't. LGBT is 3%. It isn't normal. Somebody finally understands.

Nah I'm sure there's more than 3% in LGBT. -_-

Animals and LGBT are 2 different things. Quit being irrelevant.
---
icon from Empoh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:21:13 04/07/2014 by Trix Master 100
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#19 Posted: 04:25:53 04/07/2014
Great job guys and gals, we've wasted almost half the page talking about what 1 person said!

I don't see what he said being offensive in any way, I suppose that the wording of the sentence just made it sound insulting...
#20 Posted: 05:32:15 04/07/2014
Quote: assassinelf

Exactly what it says.

I have multiple points to make here. Straight is not predominant. And those who say it is are quite retarded.

You're making fun of retards now are you? What happened to equality? If they could be offended by you, I'm sure they would be. They have the same rights as us after all. Would you like somebody using a word that describes you are a derogatory term?

I'm homosexual, and people use gay as a derogatory every day. So does that answer your question? And besides, your calling us wierd because you're, apparently, an "average" person. The mentally ill. and retarded are minorities, and thus could be described as wierd by you. So you've wronged them much more than I have. And "What happened to equality" is complete BS. They don't have the same rights as me. I can't marry in my hometown, I can't donate blood. The mentally retarded have more rights than I do in the fact that they can do both of these things. So don't say that I think their less than me. In the eyes of the law, their more.
---
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#21 Posted: 12:22:56 04/07/2014
This escalated quickly...

But seriously, this crap needs to stop. I don't care if it's your opinion, I could have the opinion that everyone whose name starts with E needs to be killed, does that make it right? No. But I'm welcome to think it so long as I don't go around telling people whose name starts with E to die.

Understand?
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
Chibilove Green Sparx Gems: 400
#22 Posted: 13:08:19 04/07/2014
there was a statistic done recently that blondes only make up 13% of the population in the world. Would you believe that? Probably not if you are someone like me who lives in Florida smilie. See blondes everywhere. And this guy probably got his statistic from a study done recently. Obvi, theres more than 3%. Because not everyone is going to tell you that they are gay,bi,lesbian,trans,etc. Because we still live in a society where it is not the above norm. But the people who wanted to tell the truth let this study know.

LGBT really shouldnt be a thing. But it is. And it sucks for the people who are actually part of those letters, and are trying to have a sit at desk job working with others who have "normal" lives.

Im bi, who has a husband who is transitioning from mtf (male to female). I have to fight 2 battles. One, at my work when people wonder why i say "man she is so hot!" (apparently straight females arent allowed to say this) and when im out in public and call my mtf (currently male) a female nickname and have to answer questions. I dont mind letting the public know as long as my (husband) lets them know first. Then i join in on the conversation. But at work, its worse. I have to shut down pretty much. Anything i do, is questioned. And it makes it worse, because im part of other communities that are deemed "weird" and if i was to talk about it, my post might get edited from a mod.

I dont mind being called weird. Because i dont think im weird. I think EVERYONE is weird. Seriously. People who think im weird, is pretty weird to be thinking im weird. lol.

Thats like someone calling me a blonde. Of course im blonde. Is this suppose to be an insult? Theres other blondes too. Hell, you are blonde!

As long as you dont take something as an insult, and think of it as stating the obvi, your whole mind gets warped into this idea that people calling you out on stuff.... is just normal conversation. Like talking about what you had for breakfast (though i get pooped for that too, people dont like the idea i sometimes have pizza for breakfast).

This world is sooooooooo variant. The problem lies in which country, state, city, etc you live in. I lived in Kentucky for a short time (6 months) and lets just say there are a lot of racists out there. And they are quite open to letting people know that. Each place has its own difficulty. And theres always bullying no matter where you go.

I get pooped on when people find out i collect Skylanders and Monster High. People dont take me seriously. I get pooped on when people find out im an acrobat. That i use to do Color/WinterGuard. That i fly toy helicopters around. That i have water and regular toy nerf guns and i use them on the weekends. That i dye my hair at least every 3 weeks (this is a habit developed since the age of 9).

THERES ALWAYS SOMEONE TO BRING YOU DOWN. People dont want others to be happy. They want themselves to be happy. I know i get jelly from time to time if theres a girl that has piercings in places that i want right now but cant because i dont have the money (all those skylanders/monsterhigh dammit). But people handle things differently. In my instance, i would mutter tomyself that i need to be better at money. Some people might tell her shes ugly, and then go get those piercings themselves.

in OITNB, a saying was said of "All problems are boring till they're your own". Just dont make this your problem!

But im sure theres some people who will say "but no! we have to let people know there is a problem so it can get fixed!"

But theres better ways to fix problems without using a double edge sword.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ChibiMadness&sclick=1
Loneliness is a disease that can lead to death They might as well be the same thing
#23 Posted: 13:23:28 04/07/2014
People seem to by getting annoyed by this ongoing "discussion" that all boils down to people hating me because I don't support their big agenda. I shall close with this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L...e_United_States
Now I know that you're going to say it's wrong because it's on Wikipedia, but that is a common misconception. Anyone can edit it, but it is moderated very tightly. Anyway, it says 3% is LGBT. That would mean they are in the minority, thus the term "weird" would apply to them. The way you all made a pointless argument out of this isn't helping my opinion of this all too vocal minority. My main problem is that many businesses are saying that they support LGBT just to gain attention and make a quick buck, and everyone falls right for it. I'm just trying to equalize it all, so I like to go to Chick-Fil-A. To be fair, I liked Chick-Fil-A before they became popular because people tried (and failed miserably) to boycott them. Gay people tried to get between me and a chicken sandwich. That pissed me off, just like all of you. I'm probably not coming back to this topic, because this is just a waste of my time.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:26:05 04/07/2014 by Ryanator20x6
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#24 Posted: 14:02:22 04/07/2014
I have to agree with Ryanator on this one. He is just saying that he doesn't like the LBGT community to be shoved in his face! Can we all just be friends and close this topic?
---
My life is complete.
#25 Posted: 15:14:16 04/07/2014
I can only agree with Ryanator about some stuff. I still find it rude to call us "weird" because apparently we are only "3% of the population."
Anyway, I agree that people care too much about the LBGT community. Seriously, no one gives a **** if your gay, cool, just don't spam the news and other stuff with "OMFG DIS DUDE IS GAAAYYY OMG WE MUST COVER THIS COMPLETELY NEW THING THAT NO ONE IN THE WORLD AS DOONNEE!!!" I can understand that it can be important, as with the stress and how some act towards homosexuals, that you either got to be brave or frankly don't give a **** about people to come out. Then there's the other side of the argument. Even though I personally hate Homophobia, thinking it is outdated and idiotic, you have to respect their opinion if you want yours respected. I know there are those douches who will basically want you to kill yourself, but ignore them. For instance, there was a new show coming on HGTV I think about 2 brothers that do something to homes or whatever. Anyway, they were homophobic, so what happens? Tumblr, and all those type of sits decide to repost that everywhere and get the show cancelled because of their views. Who cares if they are homophobic? It has nothing to do with the show. I just feel like sometimes the LBGT community tries to hard to get attention, and unfortunally it hurts it.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#26 Posted: 18:38:44 04/07/2014
What you Should be Learning Vs. What the News Teaches You

How to make a fire What Kim Kardashians been doing
How to protect yourself Who's Gay<--------- He has a bit of a point there...

But he's otherwise wrong. NOW. He said he left, so lets devote the topic to support and the like.
---
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#27 Posted: 19:54:47 04/07/2014
This world.
---
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#28 Posted: 20:57:07 04/07/2014

then grow up
Toynerd14 Ripto Gems: 95
#29 Posted: 21:33:47 04/07/2014
Christ! What happened?
#30 Posted: 22:53:39 04/07/2014
Quote: Toynerd14
Christ! What happened?

Sess made excellent points
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#31 Posted: 01:29:24 05/07/2014
I couldn't help my curiosity, so I came back!Quote: Sesshomaru75
First of all, I would like to point out that homophobia is not an opinion.

You don't agree with somebody's opinion, so you deny its existence... You people are hopeless. And now I'm leaving this topic. For real this time. I'm serious. I'm deleting my subscription and everything.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
gnarlytreesnex Blue Sparx Gems: 651
#32 Posted: 03:26:25 05/07/2014
gay is k
Samius Hunter Gems: 9224
#33 Posted: 11:21:11 05/07/2014
ITT: "Agree with us, or else..."

Hoo boy..

If these topics get consistently derailed by one person posting a dissenting opinion, then maybe the problem is with your personal expectations and not with the other person's opinion.
If you honestly believe that everybody is going to, or should, bend over backwards to suit your personal sensibilities then you're just ignoring reality.

Do you really need the total validation and complete 100% positive feedback of your surrounding communities to feel complete or something? What does it matter if someone doesn't agree with you? Ryanator20x6's opinion isn't even necassarily based on any factual information, it's just his personal point of view. You don't have to respect it, but please deal with your feelings in a mature, reasonable manner instead of insulting others.

Ans yes Sess, it is an opinion. Discriminating thoughts are also just subjective points of view.

And I really ******* wish people would stop insulating themselves from criticism and any related self-reflection just because they have a bunch of friends who agree with them. These are the very same traits that you would hate to see in any other community (for example, religious people and people who are anti-LGBT).
You see this everywhere on the internet all the time, people (figuratively) snapping their fingers, going: "Oh yeah we are so more right than this guy", just pushing aside and ignoring all negative feedback in unison. It's not going to get you anywhere and you're just going to get more crap thrown at you.

My point is, if you really want to be open with this subject and discuss it freely, then you're going to have to deal with people responding to it freely. Otherwise it's just some sort of a "feelgood" mass-agreement, instead of an open discussion.

I can only agree with Ryanator about some stuff. I still find it rude to call us "weird" because apparently we are only "3% of the population."
Anyway, I agree that people care too much about the LBGT community. Seriously, no one gives a **** if your gay, cool, just don't spam the news and other stuff with "OMFG DIS DUDE IS GAAAYYY OMG WE MUST COVER THIS COMPLETELY NEW THING THAT NO ONE IN THE WORLD AS DOONNEE!!!" I can understand that it can be important, as with the stress and how some act towards homosexuals, that you either got to be brave or frankly don't give a **** about people to come out. Then there's the other side of the argument. Even though I personally hate Homophobia, thinking it is outdated and idiotic, you have to respect their opinion if you want yours respected. I know there are those douches who will basically want you to kill yourself, but ignore them. For instance, there was a new show coming on HGTV I think about 2 brothers that do something to homes or whatever. Anyway, they were homophobic, so what happens? Tumblr, and all those type of sits decide to repost that everywhere and get the show cancelled because of their views. Who cares if they are homophobic? It has nothing to do with the show. I just feel like sometimes the LBGT community tries to hard to get attention, and unfortunally it hurts it.

Thank you, this is the best post on this topic.

REKT
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:24:12 05/07/2014 by Samius
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#34 Posted: 11:51:11 05/07/2014
Quote: gnarlytreesnex
gay is k

Lesbian is k too.
---
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#35 Posted: 14:51:45 05/07/2014
Uh... Homophobia's actually widely accepted in NC

So it depends on where you live
#36 Posted: 15:25:37 05/07/2014

Animals also tend to eat and sleep. Should I do that too?
#37 Posted: 15:45:18 05/07/2014
Quote: Ninpire
Uh... Homophobia's actually widely accepted in NC.

So it depends on where you live.

I think you missed my point entirely...

O-O I was pretty sure I understood

I was just saying where I live everyone's anti-gay
#38 Posted: 16:51:29 05/07/2014
@Sess OH ok gotcha
#39 Posted: 17:43:58 05/07/2014
Quote: Crookshanks
i think ryanator was simply stating an opinion but okay

lmao

lol u can still criticize a opinion
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me