First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Girls in Trap Team
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#51 Posted: 19:00:34 25/07/2014
So, we know 23 of 34 new characters (if the Frito-Lay contest characters count). Let's look at how many females there are compared to the previous games.

2* Trap Masters: Gearshift and Headrush
3 cores: Torch, Deja Vu and Frito-Lay's "Bat Spin" aka "Frightengale"

*: Can't tell if Blastermind is female or not, but assuming it's a male, at least for now.

5 total (but 11 completely unknown) - same amount as SSA and SSF, still lower F/M ratio than SG.

SG still reigns supreme with 25% of the total characters being female (37.5% of the cores, 12.5% of the Giants), while the other two had 15.625% females total (SSF had 31.25% female cores, and as we all know, 0% Swappers).

I hope Trap Team has more females yet to be revealed.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#52 Posted: 19:10:14 25/07/2014
They should've done 8 male Trap Masters and 8 female Trap Masters.
---
stealth Yellow Sparx Gems: 1040
#53 Posted: 19:12:30 25/07/2014
Quote: wreckingballbob
They should've done 8 male Trap Masters and 8 female Trap Masters.

Agreed. A male and female of each element would have been nice.
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#54 Posted: 19:12:37 25/07/2014
http://thegamefanatics.com/201...-audience-focus

"On the final and arguably biggest note of innovation, Skylanders: Trap Team is set to feature the most female characters of any of the titles."

I have no doubt we'll see more female characters before its all said and done. Female *characters* however isnt the same as saying female Skylanders. I'm wondering if this total includes trappable villains as well to meet their MOST quota. These are the types of things you look for from PR and their use of word play. Otherwise we have a whole slew of ladies they are waiting to drop information on last minute.
#55 Posted: 19:23:18 25/07/2014
Well, if they did mean Skylanders, I have a strong feeling it'll only come true in the number of females, and not the ratio. Giants had the least amount, but the strongest ratio.

And yes, one male and one female trap master in each element would have been preferable, but already disproved in Water (unless Lob Star is female, but I highly doubt that).

---------------------

As for potential females, I doubt we'll get 2 female cores in each element, which only leaves water and air (and the 2 extra cores). I think it's very likely that both the water skylander and air skylander are female, to match the standard of 5 female cores - maybe one of the extras are female, but they're a complete mystery. Any of the remaining Trap Masters could be female, but it's impossible to estimate how many.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:36:41 25/07/2014 by Nightmoon
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#56 Posted: 19:32:11 25/07/2014
hmm....

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

I just cant tell .....
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#57 Posted: 20:59:09 25/07/2014
Blaster Mind has got to be FEMALE im sure of it
---
"Taking Charge"
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#58 Posted: 22:56:42 25/07/2014
How can you even tell where Blaster Mind's face is?!
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#59 Posted: 23:31:45 25/07/2014
I can shes got a pink alien face if u look closely
---
"Taking Charge"
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#60 Posted: 03:26:55 26/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Blaster Mind being predominantly purple/pink (or so it appears) is a pretty strong possibility for a female alien. :)
ToySoldierMafia Blue Sparx Gems: 916
#61 Posted: 05:12:36 26/07/2014
Eh... Isn't the magic element predominantly pink/magenta anyways? I'll never understand why pinks are condemned to being feminine. Anyway, I'm not seeing "pink" on Blaster Mind, besides the traptanium headgear. So it may just as easily be male. Hoot Loop's outfit mostly purple with just a dash of pink, so there isn't a lot to go on. Honestly, I don't see any obvious (human)gender features to suggest one over the other. It may just be the color of its weapon that is fueling this suspicion. So, I'm hoping Blaster Mind is female to help Headrush end the body shape stereotype.
#62 Posted: 05:30:31 26/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Yeah, the "pink is for girls only" thing is pretty dumb (especially since it used to be a color just for boys in the early 20th century). I guess we'll find out what Blaster Mind is eventually, though. I'm hoping for female just because that would be cool. :) If they aren't female, though, at least Head Rush has Torch to keep her company (did I just make a new ship...? Yes. Yes I did :D).
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#63 Posted: 11:03:00 26/07/2014
I don't think that 'pink for girls' is all that stupid. It's just a trend/stereotype that will change, as you pointed out. The coming generation of boys have no problem at all with pink since they see it on the football field so much. Boys are wearing a lot more bright/neon type colors these days.

And what, Head Rush can't hang out with the boys? smilie
#64 Posted: 15:48:27 26/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Pink for girls is frustrating if you ever had to bear the brunt of it and you happen to really dislike everything it is used to represent (or was; glad to hear that's changing these days).

Never said she couldn't. :) Heck, I drew art of her somewhere in this thread being bro pals with Bushwhack. :) But I will always default to lady x lady when it comes to shipping. :D
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#65 Posted: 16:26:19 26/07/2014
the new trap master blastermind is a girl.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#66 Posted: 16:58:56 26/07/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
the new trap master blastermind is a girl.

Do we have proof of this?
---
now its time to get funky
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#67 Posted: 17:06:40 26/07/2014
We can't even clearly make out Blastermind's face, so no, no confirmation at all yet.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#68 Posted: 17:33:14 26/07/2014
Quote: Razz
Pink for girls is frustrating if you ever had to bear the brunt of it and you happen to really dislike everything it is used to represent (or was; glad to hear that's changing these days).

I spose. Never like a color that I wasn't supposed to like...except maybe maroon (cuz I'm a longhorn). That's not a gender thing though. And I am not so nieve to assume my daughter likes pink everything. She pretty much only wants pink if it's skull and crossbones or something.
#69 Posted: 17:58:02 26/07/2014 | Topic Creator
^ That's awesome! I happened to grow up in one of those families which insists that you like a thing because you were born a certain gender...whether you like that thing or not. D: I know a lot of young ladies and fellows who've gone through the same thing. It's really great that this sort of thing seems to be changing. :)
Punk Shock Blue Sparx Gems: 689
#70 Posted: 20:26:21 27/07/2014
I *love* Headrush's design. It is nice to see a big gal as a hero. smilie
#71 Posted: 01:57:06 28/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Woohoo, I'm not alone! 8D Obviously, I'm a fan of her already. :D
#72 Posted: 16:55:01 16/08/2014
Let's dust off this topic, since we now know all the 16 trap masters and the main 16 cores in Trap Team.
Italics are unconfirmed assumptions.

We now have 3 female trap masters (Gearshift, Head Rush and Tuff Luck) - higher number and ratio than previous "guest stars". (Giants: 1/8=12.5%, Swap-Force: 0/16=0%, Trap Masters: 3/16=18.75%)
On the other hand, there are only 4 female cores (Bat Spin/Frightengale, Déjà Vu, Echo and Torch) - 1 more than SG, but 1 less than SSA/SSF. Ratio-wise, it only beats SSA. (SSA: 5/32=15.625%, SG: 3/8=37.5%, SSF: 5/16=31.25%, STT: 4/16=25%)

In total, 7 female characters (all in different elements, excluding Air) - the highest number of females to date, but lower ratio than SG. (SSA+SSF: 5/32=15.625, SG: 4/16=25%, STT: 7/32=21.875%).
As for the combined character ratio (variants and SF-combos not included), it's back up to the same as in SG, after being dragged down by SSF. (SSA: 5/32=15.625%, SG: 9/48=18.75%, SSF: 14/80=17.25%, STT: 21/112=18.75%)

Lastly, the minis (Breeze, Hijinx, Mini-Jini and Whisper Elf): 4/16=25% - the exact same ratio as SSA and SG sidekicks. I'm going to keep them separate from the main figures for the purpose of this topic.

I'm not counting the two extra cores or the two other unknown characters in the poster corner, as we have no clue what they are. All we have is speculation.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:56:08 16/08/2014 by Nightmoon
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#73 Posted: 16:58:23 16/08/2014
I figured they would only pay it lip service. Not that I give a flip one way or another.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#74 Posted: 17:00:40 16/08/2014
heres the girls....

echo
trail blazer
tuff luck
cobra cadabra
fling kong
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#75 Posted: 17:15:28 16/08/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
heres the girls....

echo
trail blazer
tuff luck
cobra cadabra
fling kong

Trail Blazer seems unlikely, since that would mean no male fire cores. Looks fairly neutral, though.
Cobra Cadabra - Same reason, but Magic. Doesn't look female to me anyway (not that easy to spot any details, though). The names ending with "a" could suggest female, but not necessarily.
Fling Kong is much more likely to be male, judging by the name and appearance (mostly the name).
---
#76 Posted: 17:25:34 16/08/2014
we will just have to wait and see i guess....
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
jet-vac6000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1718
#77 Posted: 10:49:30 17/08/2014
Quote: JCat
Broccli Guy honestly looks more feminine to me... what with the 'hair' and what looks to be a dress and tube top or whatever that style of shirt is (looks feminine anyways.)

You sure?
---
Eggs
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#78 Posted: 11:19:50 17/08/2014
^ To clarify before anyone brings up "guys"- "guys" is a gender-neutral word, though "guy" is used to refer to a man.
#79 Posted: 11:44:02 17/08/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives
^ To clarify before anyone brings up "guys"- "guys" is a gender-neutral word, though "guy" is used to refer to a man.

thanks for clearing that up....
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#80 Posted: 14:01:25 17/08/2014
"Guys" only includes girls when it's used in plural. They would never name a female character "Something Guy."

Cobra Cadabra definitely looks male to me, though I wish he was female because I've wanted a snake woman/gorgon-type since the first game.
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#81 Posted: 14:02:43 17/08/2014
I am looking forward for having newer females... still waiting for a humaniod Earth type and Air type... so there's one of each smilie

Anyways, as for the 'meaty hands'.... aren't all the character's hands that big?

Anyways, i can see the 'chill' face in Gearshift... though for me she's 'eh' anyways.

And true, not all genders look like their genders... it's quiet possible that Torch could be a form of Tom-boy, for all we know. Plus from what I've read, on multiple places.... All the skylanders are created by 2 people. Iwei Huang, and that director guy (he's high up there but yeah.) So blaim them two. (actually even the credits back it up as it says "Character designs: Iwei Huang... and that other guy I don't remember the title/rank/name of.)

Also, Broccli Guy... honestly looks more feminine to me... what with the 'hair' and what looks to be a dress and tube top or whatever that style of shirt is (looks feminine anyways.)

brocoli guy being female would be very inapropriate as HE is shirtless
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
Otter Red Sparx Gems: 19
#82 Posted: 14:25:10 17/08/2014
Am I the only one who thinks Enigma might be female? the position on the legs reads a bit feminine to me. But it is still a bit of an Enigma at this point.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#83 Posted: 14:35:36 17/08/2014
i think that trail blazer is male, and echo is female
#84 Posted: 14:37:27 17/08/2014
Quote: Otter
Am I the only one who thinks Enigma might be female? the position on the legs reads a bit feminine to me. But it is still a bit of an Enigma at this point.

I think it'd be cool if Enigma was genderless, or at least the gender was very vague (an enigma if you will, ho ho).
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#85 Posted: 14:38:53 17/08/2014
Honestly, I don't care what gender a character is, just as long as they're fun, and/or look cool.
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
#86 Posted: 14:46:04 17/08/2014
Quote: sprocketrocket
I am looking forward for having newer females... still waiting for a humaniod Earth type and Air type... so there's one of each smilie

Anyways, as for the 'meaty hands'.... aren't all the character's hands that big?

Anyways, i can see the 'chill' face in Gearshift... though for me she's 'eh' anyways.

And true, not all genders look like their genders... it's quiet possible that Torch could be a form of Tom-boy, for all we know. Plus from what I've read, on multiple places.... All the skylanders are created by 2 people. Iwei Huang, and that director guy (he's high up there but yeah.) So blaim them two. (actually even the credits back it up as it says "Character designs: Iwei Huang... and that other guy I don't remember the title/rank/name of.)

Also, Broccli Guy... honestly looks more feminine to me... what with the 'hair' and what looks to be a dress and tube top or whatever that style of shirt is (looks feminine anyways.)

brocoli guy being female would be very inapropriate as HE is shirtless

a brocoli with breast that would look ridiculous, tfb wouldnt allow it and thats why brocoli guy is a he.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Otter Red Sparx Gems: 19
#87 Posted: 15:02:22 17/08/2014
Quote: Punk Shock

I think it'd be cool if Enigma was genderless, or at least the gender was very vague (an enigma if you will, ho ho).

I agree that would be the best option....as long as they don't make Enigma "gender neutral" but with a male voice actor and exclusively male pronouns in their back story like VV tried to claim with Swap forcers when they were first asked about why they had no female characters. Lucky I have a little more faith in TFB when it comes to making Skyladies.

If they took the time to make the voice acting/back story truly ambiguous I would love a gender ambiguous Engima.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:03:10 17/08/2014 by Otter
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8246
#88 Posted: 15:55:14 17/08/2014

Though the picture of Enigma isn't the best quality, to me' it doesn't look like Engma has legs and instead has a clear stand thing to hold him up. Similar to Link's Amiibo figure.

[User Posted Image]
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#89 Posted: 18:34:44 17/08/2014
Debating that guy means male. Okkkaaayyy...
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
eiryu Green Sparx Gems: 114
#90 Posted: 16:16:47 18/08/2014
I am thinking enigma could be female because of the hood just like starstrike. I wanted a female trap master per element because all swaperrs were male and there was only one female giant.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me