Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Girls in Trap Team
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#1 Posted: 22:47:39 01/07/2014 | Topic Creator
These boards are too cluttered to easily find the info, so I'm just gonna ask outright. Are there any new ladies announced for Trap Team yet or any confirmed returning gals? I know of Torch and Gearshift, but that's all. Thanks!
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#2 Posted: 22:58:54 01/07/2014
There's a magic skylander who is doesn't have a name yet. They have also stated that trap team will have more girl characters than any other skylander game released so far.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#3 Posted: 23:14:15 01/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Oh cool! Thanks for updates! Is there anywhere I can see a pic of the magic Skylander or was she just a mention?
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#4 Posted: 23:15:13 01/07/2014
[User Posted Image]
---
you never saw me
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#5 Posted: 00:02:12 02/07/2014
She looks great.

I have to say that (despite the disappointment of the Swappies) the ladies of swapforce are pretty great. Scratch, Punkshock, Roller Brawl, Star Strike and Smolderdash all look awesome… and the Series 2 Cynder, Whirlwind, Chill, Stealth Elf and Sprocket were all solid too, with worthwhile upgrades and neat aesthetic changes. The only disappointment was Flashwing, which as a lightcore was probably unavoidable
While out 11 of 48 isn’t great in terms of gender equality, it was still nice to have a range of female character (all of which my nieces love), and I look forward to seeing more in Trap Force.

Raz - you should look to grab some of the Swap Force characters for use in Trap-Force.
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
#6 Posted: 00:25:34 02/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Oh, many of my remaining Skylanders are the ladies from Swap Force. :) I love Scratch and Chill, for sure! :) I don't actually play the Skylanders games anymore, but I still like to collect the figures.

This new magic Skylander gal looks awesome! She makes me think a tad bit of Weirdlanders' Hysteria (if little Hiss grew up to be good instead of pure evil), probably because of the ponytails. :) Looks like she's wearing a mask, which is pretty awesome. :)
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#7 Posted: 00:27:27 02/07/2014
I was overall rather happy with the Sky-ladies in Swap Force. As said, it wasnt full equality but I dont expect it to ever be for this kinda game. Torch is by far my favorite thus far of the designs released. I also like the design of the Undead Bat-girl from the FritoLay promotion. The BatSpin name however was horrific. Hopefully she can still be used in the game as the original image title of Frightengale. I'm indifferent on GearShift right now.

I'm hoping in the end we might get about 4 female Trap Masters, out of the 16 of those. Likewise I'd like to see about 5-6 of the 16 new corelanders as girls. Hopefully a few of the villains might also be female. Fingers crossed for trappable Mesmerelda.
#8 Posted: 01:48:43 02/07/2014 | Topic Creator
All of that would be awesome, yes!

Oh man, I love Frightengale (and that is her name in my book XD). And Torch...just...Torch! I can't wait for her figure to be released! I didn't think any Skylady would rival my affection for Stealth Elf, but there you have it. :D I'm also really excited for Gearshift (who some preordered for me and I have yet to find out who), but I am very fond of robot girls as a general rule. :)
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#9 Posted: 02:47:47 02/07/2014
Hopefully, there will be a Magic, Life, Air, and Water Trap Mistresses (proper term for female Trap Masters).
assassinelf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1180
#10 Posted: 02:52:12 02/07/2014
That magic skylander looks awesome
---
Rickinelf: I ship it
Check out Survivor! Season 10! In forum games! Yay!
Toynerd14 Ripto Gems: 95
#11 Posted: 02:53:56 02/07/2014
Quote: assassinelf
That magic skylander looks awesome

It honestly does look cool! I could do without the big, meaty fingers, though.
#12 Posted: 03:03:27 02/07/2014
Hmm... this is true. Her hands look kind of... strange.

Speculaion time!

Notice the hourglass in her hand? I'm going to assume she has a time theme. Also, there are lightning bolts on her, which are commonly associated with speed. She may end up one of the only two magics I own.

And then she ends up a villain.
Me: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#13 Posted: 03:09:07 02/07/2014
If you were listening to TfB, there's going to be a major onslaught of "female" skylanders. It matters not to me, only if the gameplay is good. We'll see.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#14 Posted: 03:18:59 02/07/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
If you were listening to TfB, there's going to be a major onslaught of "female" skylanders. It matters not to me, only if the gameplay is good. We'll see.

I still think the game will be good, like every other Skylanders game before it. I don't let a few Villain Timers and Broccoli Guys stop my love for the series.
#15 Posted: 03:37:04 02/07/2014
I was referring to the character gameplay, not the gender of the character. I'm guessing the game will be "ok" but the shine is waning.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#16 Posted: 04:55:07 02/07/2014

I think maybe even up to 50 % from the new core Skylanders/Trap Masters could be female. In the last year all the Swap Force characters were male and if I haven't miscount me only 5 new core were female. That's just 15 % and now up to 50 % would be a lot more girl power.

By the way, am I the only that first thought Torch would be male? At Giants we had a mechanic (Sprocket) and now a blacksmith. Do the ladys all the hard work in the Skylands? So what's will be the next? A female life Skylanders with a chainsaw and a lumberjack shirt smilie.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:57:39 02/07/2014 by Jeriba
ShaneK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1736
#17 Posted: 06:14:53 02/07/2014
50% doesn't seem likely if you consider the ratio of what has been announced so far.

Edit: current ratio is less than 30%, which I feel could be close to what we end up with.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:18:48 02/07/2014 by ShaneK
#18 Posted: 12:44:11 02/07/2014
^ Makes sense to me. All the wishing in the world won't change the fact that they know their customers (you know, the people that will actually buy the stuff) better than we ever could.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:45:02 02/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
#19 Posted: 21:41:09 02/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Regardless, I'm just really happy this game is introducing more new ladies than any other game before it. That's just great! :) Since I don't play the games, I'm just in it for the figures, and my collection is almost entirely made up of the Skyladies. And the new ladies we've seen so far are such a great and refreshing change on what we've had before now. Torch and Gearshift are pretty different body designs and the new magic gal actually looks like she is a physically younger than the usual (gigantic ham fingers notwithstanding :D). I'm kind of excited to see what we'll get next. :)
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#20 Posted: 23:05:10 02/07/2014
Torch's and GS's Chill faces are disappointing, but it looks like that's really just going to be the style (I'd have preferred Ninjini faces).

Anyway, yes, I don't care how many female characters are in a videogame (though there are some series I wish had more, mostly to change how most of the characters are shipped lol, but the Skylander's females are always pretty awesome.

Normal Smolderdash is probably the best figure in the series so far.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#21 Posted: 23:24:06 02/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm trying to imagine Torch with big Ninjini lips and it's kind of hurting my brain. XD I'm not sure such a delicate face would work on a blacksmith fire elemental who's definitely got some muscle. XD
#22 Posted: 00:24:35 03/07/2014
I'm gonna agree with Razz. The heavy laborers aren't known for full lips.
---
#23 Posted: 00:32:59 03/07/2014
If Torch is a gal, she definitely looks "butch" to me.
---
#24 Posted: 00:37:41 03/07/2014
GearShift's is so Chill-like that I have to wonder if her backstory was going to involve Chill dying and becoming a Cyborg... I have strange thoughts sometimes. That would be an awesome twist, though!
#25 Posted: 00:40:46 03/07/2014
I think we need a type of Fringeverse going on where there's parallel Skylands with characters of the same name in different forms depending on which side of the universe they are on. The Vortex Golems kinda opens the door for that. Feel free to use this idea, Activision, since you are apparently out of ideas.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:43:00 03/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
Landerfan2012 Gold Sparx Gems: 2048
#26 Posted: 02:09:08 03/07/2014
The thing I like about the girl Skylanders in these games is that the are as good as the boys. Half the video games have girls that are weak and helpless, and the other half of the video games have girls as sex appeal. With this game, it is way better.
---
131/174
Trap team and Gearshift on reservation
#27 Posted: 02:19:05 03/07/2014
Quote: Landerfan2012
The thing I like about the girl Skylanders in these games is that the are as good as the boys. Half the video games have girls that are weak and helpless, and the other half of the video games have girls as sex appeal. With this game, it is way better.

I'm just waiting for TfB or VV to drop the ball with the character design and have a female Skylander that looks way too sexy for a kid's game.
#28 Posted: 02:30:01 03/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Given that everyone at TfB and VV seems to be a parent and ActiVision is pretty strict with its eye on the desired demographics, I doubt that'll ever happen. There were some prototype designs that almost seemed to be going that route (like the old Barbie Ninjini) but those obviously didn't make it. I think Persephone is probably going to be as risque as Skylanders ever gets.

re: Torch
I love her design so much! It's really refreshing to see a tough gal that actually looks the way someone with that kind of job would look. She's kind of blocky and beefy but still has some feminine traits. And, yes, Torch is confirmed female.

re: Gearshift
I didn't really think she looked much like Chill, but I'm willing to give the figures some leeway. When designing a cartoon character, you can keep some details similar (and many artists do) like general face shape, so long as the silhouette itself is unique. If you saw Chill and Gearshift just in silhouette, they really don't look that similar (at least to me, but to each their own). A lot of artists tend to have a sort of default shape for certain things and I've seen the Skylanders artist use the same head shape for almost all of the humanoid Skylanders, male or female (it's why I thought Fright Rider was a gal until it was confirmed otherwise).
#29 Posted: 03:10:15 03/07/2014
Oh yeah! I remember that Ninjini prototype. That would be hilarious if they actually went with that for the final design. Ah... That would great.
#30 Posted: 06:37:09 03/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Haha, well, to each their own. :) I'm really glad we got the Ninjini we did; she's got such an interesting design and it fits with her warrior backstory. I like her armor, what can I say? :D
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#31 Posted: 06:40:59 03/07/2014
I hope there's a really cute female Skylander this year. For me it was smilie from SA, smilie from Giants and smilie from SF.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#32 Posted: 06:54:51 03/07/2014

That's because all female characters are nonsexual looking. It doesn't bother to me. We're a not talking about a nerdy gamer fantasy like Tomb Raider or Lollipop Chainsaw. And how many female blackshmiths do we known? There we could that mix up smilie.
#33 Posted: 12:57:05 03/07/2014
Quote: Jeriba

That's because all female characters are nonsexual looking. It doesn't bother to me. We're a not talking about a nerdy gamer fantasy like Tomb Raider or Lollipop Chainsaw. And how many female blackshmiths do we known? There we could that mix up smilie.

All I'm saying is that if we're going to say it's a female, at least have female characteristics. Whether accidentally or not, Torch appears more male to me.
---
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#34 Posted: 15:18:36 03/07/2014
Not all guys look like guys not all girls look like girls. Omygod*gasp*
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#35 Posted: 18:10:39 03/07/2014
Don't forget about the villains. Although the girl landers announced so far are good, we haven't had one villain confirmed as female yet. smilie In terms of female characters, counting those, we might have the lowest percentage of girl playables yet if none of the villains are female (and there's a high chance if any are girls, there won't be many of them anyway).
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:14:12 03/07/2014 by Arc of Archives
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#36 Posted: 18:52:46 03/07/2014
Quote: shadowfox

That's heavy, Doc.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
#37 Posted: 21:16:54 03/07/2014
Quote: shadowfox

Not all games are fun.
Not all discussion boards are run correctly.

Yep, I get it.
---
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#38 Posted: 01:58:24 04/07/2014
I am looking forward for having newer females... still waiting for a humaniod Earth type and Air type... so there's one of each smilie

Anyways, as for the 'meaty hands'.... aren't all the character's hands that big?

Anyways, i can see the 'chill' face in Gearshift... though for me she's 'eh' anyways.

And true, not all genders look like their genders... it's quiet possible that Torch could be a form of Tom-boy, for all we know. Plus from what I've read, on multiple places.... All the skylanders are created by 2 people. Iwei Huang, and that director guy (he's high up there but yeah.) So blaim them two. (actually even the credits back it up as it says "Character designs: Iwei Huang... and that other guy I don't remember the title/rank/name of.)

Also, Broccli Guy... honestly looks more feminine to me... what with the 'hair' and what looks to be a dress and tube top or whatever that style of shirt is (looks feminine anyways.)
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
Dragon15010 Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#39 Posted: 01:35:07 06/07/2014
well actually, if you look at the cover of the trap team game (sorry if this was already metioned) but you see a skylander sidekick of Ninjini (Dont know the name of the sidekick).
#40 Posted: 05:04:19 06/07/2014 | Topic Creator
That sounds like Mini Jini if it really is the Sidekick.
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#41 Posted: 12:13:21 06/07/2014
Quote: Jeriba

All I'm saying is that if we're going to say it's a female, at least have female characteristics. Whether accidentally or not, Torch appears more male to me.

If you look at the chest and waist, she is clearly female, although I thought she was male too upon first inspection. It's my understanding though, that some want toys to get away from the small waist 'barbie' as the default method for depicting every humanoid female. I think it's the hair and drab clothes that causes confusion. That hairstyle is almost on males in the cartoon world it seems.

I would guess that she becomes a rather popular character...but not one that Activision pushes too heavily.

As for the balance of male/female in the game, I don't see it getting that close to 50%. They are still going to see their main demographic as boys, are going to be slow to change from the norm. As well, I think this 'change' has quite a bit to do with DI then it does to do with whatever they heard from fans. Blackwidow, Merida, Maleficent are the new DI females for 2.0....all pretty action oriented, and not the typical princess.
#42 Posted: 11:18:56 14/07/2014
So we finally have a humanoid earth character. I still think there still will be more females. I am guessing there will be a magic and air female trap masters and a female earth core.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#43 Posted: 19:05:38 14/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I love Head Rush so far. At last, a beefy lady! I hope she has a head bash attack. :)
#44 Posted: 21:59:18 14/07/2014
Quote: Razz
I love Head Rush so far. At last, a beefy lady! I hope she has a head bash attack. smilie

I think she is awesome too. I imagine she would have a head bash move too.
---
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#45 Posted: 05:18:54 15/07/2014
So far the only disappointing thing has been the lack of female characters ratio.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
#46 Posted: 20:08:58 15/07/2014 | Topic Creator
^ Agreed. But at least they're getting better bit by bit, and this time we have some truly unique ladies in terms of body stype (Torch and Head Rush). Progress can be slow, but at least it's happening now. :)
Dyno-Mite Ripto Gems: 92
#47 Posted: 20:18:55 15/07/2014
Deja Vu = Yes please
Head Rush = Grab my doggie bag
#48 Posted: 20:53:51 15/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Speaking of how awesome Head Rush is, I did some really sloppy fan art of her last night. My head canon is that she and Bushwhack are total nerd bros together. :D

[User Posted Image]
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#49 Posted: 20:58:23 15/07/2014
i'm glad you got your wish for a beefy gal!
#50 Posted: 22:11:02 15/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Haha, thank you. XD I wasn't even thinking about the possibility of a beefy gal in Skylanders because that basically never happens in any series ever (except once in Claymore, and then she died D: ), so Head Rush is basically the next best thing to a lady faun showing up in the games for me. XD With her, Torch, and Gearshift, I'm just really loving the lady designs so far and I look forward to having them on my shelf. :)
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me