Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Topic Creator Suggestions [CLOSED]
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#1 Posted: 22:29:23 30/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Topic creators should be able to delete and moderate other people's posts in their own topics. Shouldn't they?
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#2 Posted: 22:32:14 30/06/2014
Hahah, no.
---
self professed austGAYlian
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#3 Posted: 22:41:47 30/06/2014
Delete someone's opinion because the OP doesn't agree with it? Edit someone's post so they say what you want? Surely, you jest!
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#4 Posted: 22:56:54 30/06/2014
That's power abuse, and taking away freedom of speech.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
darkwolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 7080
#5 Posted: 23:12:29 30/06/2014
No, that's what moderators are for. Right?
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#6 Posted: 23:19:52 30/06/2014
It's because in that case the moderators would be biased.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
#7 Posted: 23:31:57 30/06/2014
But not AS biased. Yeah, a mod deleted some posts he disagreed with in the past, but imagine if everyone could do that to their own topics.
Loco's threads probably would make it look like he's talking to himself repeatedly and every now and then someone else saying something equally creepy.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:32:14 30/06/2014 by Bifrost
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5748
#8 Posted: 23:51:17 30/06/2014
I disagree, just because the creator doesn't like what someone said, no one can express their opinions, and have their say.
#9 Posted: 00:02:58 01/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Trix Master 100

I won't abuse it.

Quote: darkwolf
No, that's what moderators are for. Right?

Quote: Ryanator20x6
It's because in that case the moderators would be biased.

Topic creators won't be able to remove moderators' posts. The topic creators will be at a lesser power.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:03:27 01/07/2014 by LocoGuy107
#10 Posted: 00:05:31 01/07/2014
Quote: LocoGuy107

I won't abuse it.

Other users might.
#11 Posted: 00:24:07 01/07/2014

I won't abuse it.

Oh yeah, anyone totally believes in you, specially after the several times you said you'd quit misposting on General or when you had "depression" and decided to make everyone pity you.
---
#12 Posted: 00:47:20 01/07/2014
If this does happen, noobs will likely muck around with it and delete other users posts for no particular reason.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:47:55 01/07/2014 by whirlwind fan
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#13 Posted: 00:57:11 01/07/2014
Giving the OP the power to delete posts in their own topic would create issues. The first, being the most obvious, that the OP could just delete posts that they don't agree with. Of course, you could have a system in place that punishes users for abusing the system but that doesn't mean it won't happen, people will just ride their way through their punishment and come back no different.

The second, kind of related is that it would no doubt cause arguments. The blocking system - which is a perfectly reasonable system - already causes plenty of unnecessary arguments and topics in the S&N section and something like giving every use the ability to remove other people's posts would only cause more arguments.

And finally, reason why the moderators went through a process of being chosen was because not every use is up to the job, not every use can be unbiased in every situation and if every user was given this power then no doubt some of them would be unbiased.

Now, Loco. To address you in particular. You appear to be doing everything in your power to become... More powerful on the website. First, you suggest the second wave of mod applications almost as if you're rushing to be a moderator yourself.

I'm just thinking that this should happen. More and more people seem to be joining this site every day, so...

And now this, when you specifically mention that you wouldn't abuse the power despite the fact that you are suggesting a feature for everyone and (when suggesting it) should be thinking of the impact that this feature would have on the forum as a whole and not just how you want to use this feature for yourself.

I won't abuse it.

Now I shouldn't assume, but it sounds to me as if you realised that you wouldn't be a moderator any time soon so are trying to find another way to assert a position of power on the forum.

There's a very simple alternative to this suggestion and it's based on a system that the website already has. If you want a post removed from a topic that you created, then report it.
#14 Posted: 01:07:24 01/07/2014
Quote: bionicle2809
Giving the OP the power to delete posts in their own topic would create issues. The first, being the most obvious, that the OP could just delete posts that they don't agree with. Of course, you could have a system in place that punishes users for abusing the system but that doesn't mean it won't happen, people will just ride their way through their punishment and come back no different.

The second, kind of related is that it would no doubt cause arguments. The blocking system - which is a perfectly reasonable system - already causes plenty of unnecessary arguments and topics in the S&N section and something like giving every use the ability to remove other people's posts would only cause more arguments.

And finally, reason why the moderators went through a process of being chosen was because not every use is up to the job, not every use can be unbiased in every situation and if every user was given this power then no doubt some of them would be unbiased.

Now, Loco. To address you in particular. You appear to be doing everything in your power to become... More powerful on the website. First, you suggest the second wave of mod applications almost as if you're rushing to be a moderator yourself.

I'm just thinking that this should happen. More and more people seem to be joining this site every day, so...

And now this, when you specifically mention that you wouldn't abuse the power despite the fact that you are suggesting a feature for everyone and (when suggesting it) should be thinking of the impact that this feature would have on the forum as a whole and not just how you want to use this feature for yourself.

I won't abuse it.

Now I shouldn't assume, but it sounds to me as if you realised that you wouldn't be a moderator any time soon so are trying to find another way to assert a position of power on the forum.

There's a very simple alternative to this suggestion and it's based on a system that the website already has. If you want a post removed from a topic that you created, then report it.

This.(Bolded)
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#15 Posted: 01:15:13 01/07/2014

I won't abuse it.

Oh I highly doubt that.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#16 Posted: 01:27:43 01/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: bionicle2809

I won't abuse it.

..............[bleep].

I guess I'll just close this topic.
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#17 Posted: 01:30:11 01/07/2014
At first I thought you meant just for moderators. For any old user is a terrible idea.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me