Page 1 of 1
I HAVE A QUESTION.... :/ help!
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#1 Posted: 20:40:18 29/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Ok well it showed the villains (Chompy Mage and Chill Bill only) having Health Bars. In the skylanderboy and girl preview skylander dad revealed the villains had well.... "Time Bars" what i call them, instead of health bars. Basically you use villains for 30 sec, then they need to recharge, then you can use em again. I dont get it. Health or time bars.? I thought you can yous them whenever...
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#2 Posted: 21:11:40 29/06/2014
"Time bars", as you put it, are what all villains have. They used to have health bars, but they changed it. I wonder if that means that villains won't have experience/upgrades like they had planned too. Anyway, time bars it is and will be for all villains.
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5298
#3 Posted: 22:40:05 29/06/2014
I heard the amount of time will increase as you play also
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#4 Posted: 01:39:03 30/06/2014
A few days ago I heard something about the sense of the Trap Masters. Among other the controll time of the villains should incease. If this be true I think only if we use a Trap Master. Maybe with a bonus similar to the elemental bonus of the number of the Skylanders from one element. Let's just say for example a bonus time of 15 seconds if we own only one water Trap Master (Snap Shot) and 30 seconds if we buy a second.
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#5 Posted: 02:22:09 30/06/2014
Is it that villains = glorified magic items?
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#6 Posted: 03:15:08 30/06/2014
Quote: Jeriba
A few days ago I heard something about the sense of the Trap Masters. Among other the controll time of the villains should incease. If this be true I think only if we use a Trap Master. Maybe with a bonus similar to the elemental bonus of the number of the Skylanders from one element. Let's just say for example a bonus time of 15 seconds if we own only one water Trap Master (Snap Shot) and 30 seconds if we buy a second.

So, they want to help consumers make a choice to buy a ton of traps and a bunch of trap masters...curious if you have a source.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#7 Posted: 04:13:25 30/06/2014
I heard that villains will have an upgrade you locate somewhere within the game, it sounded sort of like Soul Gems to me.

---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:55:29 30/06/2014 by Wolfgang
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#8 Posted: 04:47:16 30/06/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

So, they want to help consumers make a choice to buy a ton of traps and a bunch of trap masters...curious if you have a source.

i have heard it speculated in a couple of youtube channels, i think Skylander Boy and Girl or Coin Op TV, that the more trap masters you have registered the longer the timer gets, like you say, as incentive to get more than the ones included in the starter pack, as so far, as far as i know, the only "special" thing about the trap masters is that they do better damage to villains and can break the traptanium shards, similar to giants feats of strength. So unless the shards are elementally aligned, (life shard only broken by either a life or by and undead trap master, depending on how they wanna do it) there isn't really much "incentive" to buy extra trap masters, outside the usual reasons for buying extra figures.
At the moment, it looks like the only extras really "needed" to do everything ingame is 7 extra traps (6 elements + kaos to go with the 2 in the stater packs) and a figure from the other 6 elements if you don't already have one.

I'll try and find where i heard it said and link to the video, but i think it is just informed speculation at the moment.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#9 Posted: 04:58:24 30/06/2014
I saw in an interview that the Traptanium Shards that block paths are not going to be elementally aligned, I'll dig up that video later.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#10 Posted: 05:03:48 30/06/2014
Irategamer had a video posted awhile back (interview done DURING E3), with Jeff Poffenbarger , that implied the timer would go up in length as you played through the game. Poffenbarger is a Executive Producer at Toys For Bob/Activision Blizzard for those unaware of it. I asked Rob over on CoinOp TV about said video and its implications but he never responded to me.

I find it odd, no one has really mentioned this video at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIFP1YAZ2r8

For anyone interested is around the 3:05 mark, and again at the 3:50

Recently on TheSkylanderBoy AndGirl channel, Skylander Dad's implication regarding Trap Masters seemed to be that the more you had in your roster, the faster the villain cool down recharged. So it gave a incentive to actually want to collect more Trap Masters, which we really didnt have before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...utu.be&t=10m59s
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:34:00 30/06/2014 by GothamLord
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#11 Posted: 06:30:26 30/06/2014
thank you GothamLord, that seems to be the more accurate version of what i said x.x
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#12 Posted: 07:17:53 30/06/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

I'm not sure. Somewhere youtube or a newspage. Apart from this I don't know how the most of you think about the playable villains. It's a very nice feature, but so far I can't say how often i will play with them. Because I haven't a idea how useful they will be. Actually I would to play the game with my favorite Skylanders from the first three games.

So I will buy to the beginning only 6 more traps and maybe a few new Skylanders. In 3 month and a couple of days we will know more.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#13 Posted: 11:15:27 30/06/2014
Thanks GothamLord. I've seen both videos, but didn't connect the two data speaking. Apparently we can impact both playing time and recharging time, each accomplished with different things.

It seems to be tied with playing villains and completing quests to lengthen time of the villain in game,. In addition, faster recharging time can be achieved related to the number of trap masters. Someone got a source about needing to hoard Trap Masters for increased time? Increased time <> Faster charging time
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 11:19:46 30/06/2014 by GhostRoaster
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#14 Posted: 16:46:23 30/06/2014 | Topic Creator

Hmm.... Cool...
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#15 Posted: 15:37:58 14/07/2014
I am going to go over all questions on this topic. The villains have a challenge that gets them an upgrade and trap masters recharge the villain timer faster. The reason villains are only playable for 30 seconds because the game is about the skylanders. The villains are not like magic items because they recharge and you can use them more than one time per level. They didn't intend this but you could go through other save files and if you have a ton of traps capture villains multiple times and take all of them to your main save file to have it so that you can switch traps of the same villain every time your timer runes out. Good luck and know that this is coming from a 10 year old.
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me