Page 1 of 1
How Do You Store Your Skylanders?
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#1 Posted: 11:21:37 27/06/2014 | Topic Creator
I have a shelf thats really long and is full and have to put some swappers down on a smaller shelf. Its a decent display but i wish it was better, how do you store yours?
spyrothe111 Ripto Gems: 3702
#2 Posted: 12:02:18 27/06/2014
A black coffee table. It holds my entire collection except for reposes, variants, and the Mcdonald's Kaos figure.
I align the 80 different characters by their element and put the adventure pieces/ magic pieces in the front.
smilie
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#3 Posted: 12:33:51 27/06/2014
i got these...

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#4 Posted: 13:18:42 27/06/2014
I built some shelving for everything and then have a spinning spice rack for all the swap characters.
- Unreall
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#5 Posted: 13:44:30 27/06/2014
I've got about 10 PowerA storage bags for my legacy skylanders...my current skylanders stay in the Detolf Glass case sold by Ikea.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#6 Posted: 14:45:16 27/06/2014
I keep my entire collection on a book shelf. When they are in storage, I use two long Rubbermaid bins. It might be a tight fit, but it can fit my collection, Skylanders, variants, Portals and all.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Thepokeman Blue Sparx Gems: 590
#7 Posted: 15:12:37 27/06/2014
A basket.
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#8 Posted: 15:37:47 27/06/2014
My mom got me a rolling file cabinet. It only has three shelves so I am gonna have to find a way to store my Trap Team skylanders...
---
now its time to get funky
Yoshicrashcart8 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#9 Posted: 16:02:39 27/06/2014
I have a nine drawer cabinet and I put each element in each drawer as well as my magic items
---
smilie smilie smilie Dark element is best element. smilie smilie smilie
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#10 Posted: 16:07:20 27/06/2014
I have a bucket. smilie

The portal, and magic items, I hold separately.
---
#hu
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#11 Posted: 16:09:29 27/06/2014
If you have a small collection, Ikea carries some nice blue 9 slot cases for like $4. Only fits regular ones well. I had some cheap boxes I added some dividers to for Giants I got at Walmart.

But, with Swap Force and more figures, I needed more space, so I got some dirt cheap red plastic ornament boxes at Walmart this past Christmas. The 20 slots are just circular holes, but Skylanders fit well (giants and swappers hang over some, so take that into account with how you put them in there) and don't shift around.

Honestly, storage is part of the reason that has brought me to the point where I'm vastly cutting back for Trap Team.
stealth Yellow Sparx Gems: 1040
#12 Posted: 16:44:19 27/06/2014
Honestly I just have them all thrown in a bin, I have to sift through them, which is annoying, but when I go back to college during the school year I will set up a display at the foot of my bed.
Toynerd14 Ripto Gems: 95
#13 Posted: 16:49:41 27/06/2014
I have a Gaming Ottoman that displays the characters I want to play as for that session. Then, ones I don't play with go in a drawer.
#14 Posted: 17:21:03 27/06/2014
Quote: defpally
Honestly, storage is part of the reason that has brought me to the point where I'm vastly cutting back for Trap Team.

That ARE starting to invade lol.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#15 Posted: 17:36:54 27/06/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: defpally

That ARE starting to invade lol.

after 3 bags stuffed to the brim with skylanders. im starting to seriously think about retreating from the skylanders too...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
lcopley98 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#16 Posted: 17:37:18 27/06/2014
Right now, with only 60 Skylanders, the shelve space that I have will suffice. However, I just started working on my Giants collection and I am more than halfway through the Swap Force collection. I am going to need more room SOON.
---
Casual Skylander Gamer
Nuzlocke Challenge http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/posttopic.php?forum=56&post=true
#17 Posted: 17:45:27 27/06/2014
Actually, I'm thinking I will be needing new ways to store my skylanders....in an organized way....
---
#hu
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#18 Posted: 22:42:01 27/06/2014
i have a couple of stackable, under-bed shoe-storage boxes that they live in. The boxes are 400mm wide X 800 mm long X 50 mm deep.
i have them in rows 4, with 12 rows fitting in a box and cardboard strips separating them so they don't rub together.

I currently have 4 boxes, but i need one more to properly store the guys from Swap Force, they are all in one box, and fit with absolutely no room left, and i still have to fit 2 swappers and a lightcore in.

Box 1 has the 32 figures from SSA, 4 adventure pack level items, 8 magic items and 4 SSA sidekicks
Box 2 has the SSA and Giant Legendaries, SSA and Giants Variants and my 12 Giants
Box 3 has the 32 Giants figures, 8 lightcore, 4 magic items and 4 Giants sidekicks
Box 4 has all Swap Force stuff, but this'll be spread out over 2 boxes when i get another.

I have decorated the SSA and Giants boxes with artwork i've cut out from the packaging for the figures, character images on the lid of the box, element symbols on the side.

i plan on building a set of shelves for them eventually, 9 shelves, 1 skylander deep, similar to what Skylander Dad built for his families collection.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
Technos Green Sparx Gems: 159
#19 Posted: 23:19:47 27/06/2014
I have a shelf my grandpa built me last summer since he uses a woodshop. The shelf has six rows and a wall divided in the middle to form 12 cells. Here's how I organize my skylanders with it:

Top of the shelf (Like, the top top) - Non-variant Swap Force characters
Top row, both cells - Non-variant giants
Second row from top, left cell - In-game variants
Second row from top, right cell - Repainted figures
Third row from top, left cell - Series 1 cores
Third row from top, right cell - Lightcores and magic items
Fourth row from top, both cells - Series 2+ cores (I had more series 2 figures because I started playing skylanders when Giants was around)

The two bottom rows are empty. They will be used for Trap Team content. I will push all the figures two rows down with the trap masters on the top of the shelf and traps on the first row (If I can't find a good box). I'll probably make more space for repaints whenever I feel like repainting more figures.
---
Favorite skylanders of each element:
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#20 Posted: 00:10:53 28/06/2014
On the shelf in the drawer-like thing under my tv. Really basic place to put them (I only have like 30 or so mind you...) but I like to change the layout every couple of months...
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#21 Posted: 00:47:51 29/06/2014
8 of the power A tackle boxes for each element. 1 case for specials that don't fit in the tackle boxes. A case for magic items. 2 travel cases for the kids to carry between houses. Rares and painted landers go on various shelves on the wall.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#22 Posted: 10:37:40 29/06/2014
I have got the Giants display case (the really big one that can be hung on the wall)
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#23 Posted: 20:32:34 29/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Cynderfan507
I have one of those Skylanders Swap Force display cases, but I hate it. If I get a new desk for my room, I'll put them on that and have them lined up in the order I got them.

I used to have mine in the order i got them! but i changed it because giants were too tall and get in the way of others :/
#24 Posted: 20:35:59 29/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Awesome! Some ("Some") of you guys have some really creative ideas!
#25 Posted: 13:42:35 30/06/2014
Here we go, the pictures are WAY outdated, but I'm still using the same stuff, just imagine the rest of the SF characters are on there now...
[User Posted Image]
That spinning things has all my swap characters on the bottom (with some duplicates from legendaries), and I now keep all the adventure packs on the top.
[User Posted Image]
I've moved and not put up the two extra shelves. I've also moved the Disney Infinity to another part of thouse, so the 4 shelves correspond to the elements now (air/earth, death/life, water/fire, magic/tech) with Giants under the bottom shelf, on the same glass table.
- Unreall
#26 Posted: 15:31:46 01/07/2014
Well, as of now, I use these little four buckets, one for each of the games, the other for magic items (adventure packs, magic items, battle pieces).
---
#hu
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#27 Posted: 17:12:59 01/07/2014
I use the coliseum displays.

[User Posted Image]
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#28 Posted: 18:01:19 01/07/2014
I just have a bin
ToySoldierMafia Blue Sparx Gems: 916
#29 Posted: 19:20:28 01/07/2014
I have an old dresser I don't use for much that I put all my skylanders in. The top drawer has all the cores, series 1-3, then the bottom has all my gimmicks and magic items. All aligned elementally from Magic to Tech with the ones I'm most likely to use in the front rows.
#30 Posted: 02:49:22 02/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Unreallystic
Here we go, the pictures are WAY outdated, but I'm still using the same stuff, just imagine the rest of the SF characters are on there now...
[User Posted Image]
That spinning things has all my swap characters on the bottom (with some duplicates from legendaries), and I now keep all the adventure packs on the top.
[User Posted Image]
I've moved and not put up the two extra shelves. I've also moved the Disney Infinity to another part of thouse, so the 4 shelves correspond to the elements now (air/earth, death/life, water/fire, magic/tech) with Giants under the bottom shelf, on the same glass table.
- Unreall

Impressive Collection! i like the way you stored them! I dont have any shelfs like that smilie
#31 Posted: 03:38:48 02/07/2014
The bottom line here is...if you seriously collect these things---whatever room you THINK you need or have is not going to be enough.
---
#32 Posted: 11:22:35 02/07/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
The bottom line here is...if you seriously collect these things---whatever room you THINK you need or have is not going to be enough.

yes your correct and it get even worse if you collect disney infinity...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#33 Posted: 15:20:11 02/07/2014
Quote: Badwolfmichael

Impressive Collection! i like the way you stored them! I dont have any shelfs like that smilie

Neither did I, I made them. Best part about it was the little amount of work that went into it.

Spice Rack - Amazon.

The shelves, 4'x2' piece of MDF from Home Depot (though Lowes is a little cheaper - like $5). Then I got a 10' 2"x4", and had them cut it in two feet sections for me. Another like $5. The expensive part were the supports for each shelf. My weight fears lead me down the path of (3) L brackets per shelf @ $2 each @ 4 shelves = $24. Then I went home, did some chrome spray painting ($3), then measured out where I wanted each shelf to lay. Drilled it in...and done. It needs the table to support itself as is which is fine. If I needed it to free stand, I'd have just taken the 5th piece from that 2"x4", cut it to (2) 6" pieces, and made vertical standing 'feet'.

I don't know what I'm going to do about Trap Team. I don't want a larger display, but I built that fopr when I was in an apartment. Now I'm in a house with a man cave in the basement, and the Skylanders on the main floor. I can't decide what's happening with DI2.0, will I need to move DI back in wit hthe Skylanders or not. If so I'll need to redo everything.
- Unreall
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#34 Posted: 17:34:53 05/07/2014
I have a proper Skylander box, a proper Skylander bag (although not used in the way intended) and...a carrier bag.

I ain't fancy with my storage considering that my room is shoebox-sized already!
---
Eh.
Technos Green Sparx Gems: 159
#35 Posted: 18:36:49 05/07/2014
Quote: wgeorge111
I use the coliseum displays.

[User Posted Image]

Heh. I like how you have two of each giant and almost two of each swapper for both paths. Nice collection!
---
Favorite skylanders of each element:
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#36 Posted: 01:59:19 06/07/2014
Well, let's see.

For starters, back when I didn't have that many (early part of when Giants came out.) I had my skylanders in a special box thing that came with a random Pokemon Deck and extra stuff.

Later, I (that christmas smilie ) my collection outgrew that box so I stored the rest in my Xbox 360 box... and even had the extra cards and sttickers and what not in it.

Then, I finally got this thing:

[User Posted Image]

Has removable deviders and such to help fit the ones that can't fit in just one... Plus those side things for additional ones... which currently holds my Swapper parts.

Though now... I have like... 7 newer skylanders... that I can't put in there... which are currently on my table thing I use for my laptop.

But, I plan on getting another one of those Stanley Tool organizers for more room.

I'd love like a shelf or something way cool like those shelfs.. but well the organizer does allow portability way easier... But still. Plus I'd probally wait til I move out on my own before then anyways.

As for how their orgainized... well, at first I had it in order of element, and the uh... match up order..

Magic, undead, Life, Water, Fire, Air, Earth, Tech.

But yeah well, i Couldn't keep them as good, (Due to how many I had.) So put them in that but by favorites... so I could have like my Stealth Elf's together and so on.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
mrdarkspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 918
#37 Posted: 00:56:17 10/07/2014
I just put them in 4 stackable, lockable, boxes along with 4 infinity characters and power disc cell box thing.
---
MAX AURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#38 Posted: 09:55:51 10/07/2014
[User Posted Image]

It was hard to get a all in one good quality picture.
---
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#39 Posted: 11:17:22 10/07/2014
I use bauble storage boxes. But I am thinking about getting the wall hanger ones.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
#40 Posted: 13:29:27 10/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: wreckingballbob
[User Posted Image]

Cool!!! I tried to do that once, but i dont have enough shelfs, so i think i might put SSA and SG on the shelf, and put SSF and STT on another shelf...
#41 Posted: 15:38:00 10/07/2014
Here's an updated shot of my setup...
[User Posted Image]
Unfortunately I don't have much room for additions, so I'm not sure how I'm going to handle Trap Team. Especially since I haven't figured out how many figures I'm getting, I can't call if I'll just sell off some of my figures, or do an add on to this. If can figure out how many new figures I'm getting, I might just get a second spice rack of some sort to use for the Trap Masters and just put the Cores on the shelves again (like Swap force).
*shrug*
- Unreall
#42 Posted: 15:41:49 10/07/2014
Quote: wreckingballbob
[User Posted Image]

Hmm, Interesting idea to seperate by game as opposed to element. Would make it easier for say my son to know which figures he can play in Giants, just reposes screw it up for me since if I get a newer version, outside of rare cases, I'll sell the old figure (like Camo).
- Unreall
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#43 Posted: 17:09:28 10/07/2014
I just keep them on my desk now because I sold some of them and now I only have 38.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me