Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Unused Spyro Music? [CLOSED]
AmethystRose Yellow Sparx Gems: 1132
#1 Posted: 22:47:16 18/06/2014 | Topic Creator
You may have heard the alternate tracks from the first Spyro the Dragon game. However, I came across this and found it to be very interesting. Someone had found hidden files of secret music that were never released. This one for example, sounds almost as if it was from Enter the Dragonfly. It has that tone and style that Copeland used for EtD. It is said that this was the music from a Speedway that never was released in the final draft of the game, called 'Haunted Speedway'.

My theory is that because of the rushing for Enter the Dragonfly, many levels were cut from the final release. It's said that there was originally going to be more levels, which makes sense, because there are only a few actual levels.

Then there's a track that is before the Haunted Speedway one, and it has no name, but my guess is that it was for the level that Haunted Speedway was originally for. If you listen well, you can hear a western-like theme to both of them, and even though the second video's music was argued to be a cut version of the Dino Mines music, it does not sound anything like Year of the Dragon's style.
Possible cut Western-themed level from Enter the Dragonfly?
Any thoughts?

Haunted Speedway music-

Unknown western-themed music-

---
ϟ Break my heart, break me til I fall apart. ϟ
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:48:38 18/06/2014 by AmethystRose
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#2 Posted: 23:08:03 18/06/2014
The second one sounds Western and some bits of it sounds Australian. So perhaps.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#3 Posted: 00:07:55 19/06/2014
The Haunted Speedway thing is a hoax, according to LXShadow. So I'm not so sure that either are legit (the western one just doesn't fit in YotD IMHO). Either way, they're pretty cool.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#4 Posted: 18:46:35 19/06/2014
On the second track, it's starts off like the Artisan's World. You know the opening of the drums sequence.

Interesting find.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#5 Posted: 20:50:08 19/06/2014
Well, they DID plan to have two full worlds in Enter the Dragonfly, but time constrains forced several levels to be cut. How recently were these dug out of the game's data?
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#6 Posted: 18:32:01 21/06/2014
Sounds like Clancy Brown recorded those yells in the second track. Too bad they were cut from the game(s), because these sound great!
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#7 Posted: 19:48:43 21/06/2014
Quote: HIR
Well, they DID plan to have two full worlds in Enter the Dragonfly, but time constrains forced several levels to be cut. How recently were these dug out of the game's data?

Well, according to this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trk52LA-Ou8
LXShadow has confirmed that the Haunted Speedway one is 100% fake.

The other one is possibly fanmade, but no evidence can prove it either way, and the uploader is refusing to answer any questions regarding them, unfortunately. Another site has doubts about it, mainly since it would be easy to edit the Artisans opening.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#8 Posted: 21:20:01 21/06/2014
It probably is fan made then. I think these two tracks sound too good to be true to be in a Spyro game.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me