Page 1 of 1
Something odd........
eruptshake137 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1436
#1 Posted: 02:47:51 17/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Anyone else notice this game is E10+ for cartoon violence.... AND Comic Mischief!

What does that mean?
---
Prepare for trouble. Make it double.

CATS
Dyno-Mite Ripto Gems: 92
#2 Posted: 02:48:40 17/06/2014
Kaos.
eruptshake137 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1436
#3 Posted: 02:50:38 17/06/2014 | Topic Creator
In the past three games it was just cartoon violence.
---
Prepare for trouble. Make it double.

CATS
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#4 Posted: 02:51:45 17/06/2014
Hard to tell really, they could've kiddied it up, or the ESRB was having an off day.

I still really wonder to this day why Halo deserves the same rating as GTA come to think of it...
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#5 Posted: 02:54:05 17/06/2014
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.jsp

Comic Mischief - Depictions or dialogue involving slapstick or suggestive humor
lcopley98 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#6 Posted: 03:27:22 17/06/2014
Quote: GothamLord
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.jsp

Comic Mischief - Depictions or dialogue involving slapstick or suggestive humor


Good reference.
---
Casual Skylander Gamer
Nuzlocke Challenge http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/posttopic.php?forum=56&post=true
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#7 Posted: 04:45:52 17/06/2014
ESRB is pretty useless, but I'm sure some overhyped mother is appreciative of everything they do.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#8 Posted: 04:54:04 17/06/2014
Its useful for the content descriptors, but not really the rating itself.
CountMoneyBone Emerald Sparx Gems: 4342
#9 Posted: 11:22:44 17/06/2014
Quote: eruptshake137
Anyone else notice this game is E10+ for cartoon violence.... AND Comic Mischief!

What does that mean?



good grief, we are hitting 18+ soon!
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#10 Posted: 11:25:32 17/06/2014
I knew that Mesmerelda burlesque show was going to be too much for the censors to handle.
Whale117 Green Sparx Gems: 110
#11 Posted: 02:57:54 18/06/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
Quote: eruptshake137
Anyone else notice this game is E10+ for cartoon violence.... AND Comic Mischief!

What does that mean?



good grief, we are hitting 18+ soon!



Wouldnt that be hilarious. I mean persephone is inappropriate enough imagine if it was rated t OR M
---
"BLINK AND DESTROY"-smilie
"FRUIT PUNCH"-smilie
"ALL WOUND UP"-smilie
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#12 Posted: 18:07:24 18/06/2014
I wonder if we'll get a steamy scene with Flynn and Cali -*shot* or more fanservice-y outfits-*shot again and thrown into Core of Light beam* or Kaos and Hex (getting married first. We hope) having children-*taken out of beam and hurtled into Hydragon's mouth*

Really seeing the level of content they get away with in Ratchet and Clank and still manage an E10 rating, they could get edgier. I'm fine with them not being so, but still.

Wait...
Quote: GothamLord
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.jsp

Comic Mischief - Depictions or dialogue involving slapstick or suggestive humor


0.o
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Toynerd14 Ripto Gems: 95
#13 Posted: 19:24:55 18/06/2014
Quote: Cynderfan507
Quote: GothamLord
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.jsp

Comic Mischief - Depictions or dialogue involving slapstick or suggestive humor


I think Skylanders just got a bit more magical...
IF YOU KNOW WHAT I- *shot*


Toys for Bob, you naughty sons of guns. I'm a sucker for innuendos so lay it on me!
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 8971
#14 Posted: 19:27:34 18/06/2014
TV Tropes mentioned some of the stuff they managed to keep kid-friendly but are obviously suggestive. Not linking it there though, I don't want to ruin anyone's afternoon.
---
Hate. Sweet hate. All-tempting draught. We'll drink of her again.
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#15 Posted: 22:30:54 18/06/2014
Quote: Cynderfan507
Quote: Bifrost
TV Tropes mentioned some of the stuff they managed to keep kid-friendly but are obviously suggestive. Not linking it there though, I don't want to ruin anyone's afternoon.



Going to TV Tropes, be back whenever.

[User Posted Image]
Really? Their Radar for the Skylanders series seemed pretty thin, only a few examples. Kaos
threatening to make an ash out of the player
was pretty great though.

Ah, TVTropes' Radar, completely ruining and profaning everything we held dear about our favorite children's shows and games (admittedly, I never thought that KH was that clean and had managed to catch the disturbing subtext with Namine and Marluxia on my own, but Xehanort and Ventus... *shudders in corner* to be clear I can't stand yaoi, no offense to anyone, but man, that's a bit hard to deny... aaaaaaand I'm off topic thanks to magic again).

I really don't care at all for overtly ribald humor, but I do enjoy a good innuendo or subtle implication.

*Resists making double entender regarding Torch but is shot anyway*
Ooooooh, maybe it'll be like a reverse Darkstalkers and the when the TV show finally comes out it'll be for... much older fans...
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Whale117 Green Sparx Gems: 110
#16 Posted: 00:58:33 19/06/2014
o.O Is right
---
"BLINK AND DESTROY"-smilie
"FRUIT PUNCH"-smilie
"ALL WOUND UP"-smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:00:30 19/06/2014 by Whale117
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#17 Posted: 23:14:10 02/07/2014
Speaking of which, how come this series hasn't gotten any... aesthetic mods-*shot* (just to be clear, if they exist, please please please for the love of all things even vaguely decent don't post them)

What'd be really fun?
An insanely difficult to get to hidden boss that belongs in a far higher content game (like that one boss in Kirby, a giant eye that rips out its own bleeding iris and shoots it at you with blood pouring out!!! [don't believe me, look, a little gorey but low graphics given the era: http://static.tvtropes.org/pmw...s/Zero_1863.png ]), now that'd be awesome. I personally would want something like Bravely Default's Turtle Dove Ba'al (which would appear to be the undead ghost of a child bride, given the music and scream and background and powers).

So what else would you want for a more adult Skylands?
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#18 Posted: 00:37:00 03/07/2014
Quote: Doomslicer
Speaking of which, how come this series hasn't gotten any... aesthetic mods-*shot* (just to be clear, if they exist, please please please for the love of all things even vaguely decent don't post them)

What'd be really fun?
An insanely difficult to get to hidden boss that belongs in a far higher content game (like that one boss in Kirby, a giant eye that rips out its own bleeding iris and shoots it at you with blood pouring out!!! [don't believe me, look, a little gorey but low graphics given the era: http://static.tvtropes.org/pmw...s/Zero_1863.png ]), now that'd be awesome. I personally would want something like Bravely Default's Turtle Dove Ba'al (which would appear to be the undead ghost of a child bride, given the music and scream and background and powers).

So what else would you want for a more adult Skylands?


I'd be all for it, but what we really need is a kind of Skyrim/Skylanders type offering apart from this series---the writing is on the wall that every entry is "set in stone". Frankly I'm done with the kiddy stuff, I'd love an adult toys to life game that's much more cerebral.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:37:35 03/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#19 Posted: 02:17:53 03/07/2014
lol, I think they already make 'adult toys to life'.

But seriously, I doubt there would be much market for an adult version of skylanders. Adults are just too hung up on the concept that toys are for kids. I bet the vast majority of adults who are in to skylanders only got into because they have kids who was it was originally intended for.

That said though, I think a more cerebral version of skylanders minus the need for toys would probably do well with adults. Not as well financially without the toys for kids though.
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#20 Posted: 14:51:25 03/07/2014
Quote: melvimbe
lol, I think they already make 'adult toys to life'.

But seriously, I doubt there would be much market for an adult version of skylanders. Adults are just too hung up on the concept that toys are for kids. I bet the vast majority of adults who are in to skylanders only got into because they have kids who was it was originally intended for.

That said though, I think a more cerebral version of skylanders minus the need for toys would probably do well with adults. Not as well financially without the toys for kids though.



Skylanders with sex and violence! It'll be like Shadow the Hedgehog!
Warning: foul language!
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#21 Posted: 17:50:40 03/07/2014
Quote: melvimbe
lol, I think they already make 'adult toys to life'.

But seriously, I doubt there would be much market for an adult version of skylanders. Adults are just too hung up on the concept that toys are for kids. I bet the vast majority of adults who are in to skylanders only got into because they have kids who was it was originally intended for.

That said though, I think a more cerebral version of skylanders minus the need for toys would probably do well with adults. Not as well financially without the toys for kids though.


Or because they're a long time Spyro fan who's not angered by the new repose, and wanted the game cause it looked fun. ...Also got it partially for their mother and has a thing for dragons and monsters, but that's just me.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12130
#22 Posted: 20:09:13 03/07/2014
Quote: MugoUrth
Or because they're a long time Spyro fan who's not angered by the new repose, and wanted the game cause it looked fun.

Same reason I bought it and I also like the toys with brains idea.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#23 Posted: 20:20:42 03/07/2014
Quote: Ryanator20x6
Quote: melvimbe
lol, I think they already make 'adult toys to life'.

But seriously, I doubt there would be much market for an adult version of skylanders. Adults are just too hung up on the concept that toys are for kids. I bet the vast majority of adults who are in to skylanders only got into because they have kids who was it was originally intended for.

That said though, I think a more cerebral version of skylanders minus the need for toys would probably do well with adults. Not as well financially without the toys for kids though.



Skylanders with sex and violence! It'll be like Shadow the Hedgehog!
Warning: foul language!

Arc of Archives likes this
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:21:32 03/07/2014 by Arc of Archives
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#24 Posted: 03:47:24 04/07/2014
Ooh, a Shadow the Hedgehog-esque attempt at making Skylanders darker?
Fun fun fun

There are quite a few adults with action figure collections. If they can get into the niche market, they could do quite well.

And it's only a matter of time before we get a bikini'd 'lander. Just saying.
Though hopefully they'll show us mercy and not make it some deformed undead one.
Now if only we could get a lolita-clad *shot*
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me