darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon > Need Help? Ask Me! (Spoilers will be put in spoiler tags.) ...Potato!
Page 1 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6
Need Help? Ask Me! (Spoilers will be put in spoiler tags.) ...Potato! [CLOSED]
Denri Green Sparx Gems: 269
#1 Posted: 20:27:54 25/10/2008 | Topic Creator
I'm offering help to anyone who needs it. If you're asking me a question (I take story related questions, too) and it is a spoiler, PUT IT IN SPOILER TAGS.
I've beaten the game AND I have Prima's Guide. So I can help you.
Here's a random bit. It's not really a spoiler, per say. It just has a bit of info about a 'bonus thing' in the game.
The game has cheat codes. I will only send them to you in a PM, though.

EDIT:
gamer900 are collaborating a bit on this. If you need help in Ruins of Warfang, ask him about it. Here's his guide on the topic.
Quote: gamer900
RUINS OF WARFANG
Written by gamer900
Since I have been getting questions on how to get through the underground city of Warfang in the new game The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon, I have decided to write a short walkthrough of this level. This will be of how to get through the story, it will NOT include all of the extras.
When you first start out, fly to your right to a far off platform that has a picture of a purple dragon on the wall and listen to the dialog between Spyro and Cynder. After the conversation you will notice a pile of weights in the corner, leave them alone for now. Head to your right and you will notice a wheel switch. Start to spin the wheel and you will be attacked by two waves of undead monkeys. Kill them all and finish spinning the wheel, which will lower a platform to your level. Now head back to the weights and pick one up. Go back to the platform and have the character that is holding the weight grab onto the platform. Switch characters and fly to your right. About half way a monkey flips a switch and blocks your path. Switch to the character holding the weight and leave the weight on the platform. Jump to the platform closest to you and use the vines to go to the upper platform. Here, you will encounter a small group of monkeys that can easily be killed with Cynder’s tornado move. Once the monkeys are killed, flip the switch and jump back onto the movable platform. Grab the weight and platform again and finish pulling the platform as far as it will go. As soon as your platform reaches the next area, you will be attacked by more monkeys. Drop the weight and kill all of the monkeys (Be careful not to lose the weight). Once the monkeys are all killed, pick up the weight again and cross the narrow bridge to what look like tuning forks. You will need Cynder for this next part. Put the weight in between the two forks and switch to Cynder, if you are not already her. Make sure that she has full manna and use fear on the two tuning forks until they make half of a bridge appear. As the bridge is coming out, quickly fly to the other side and use fear on the other two forks. Go back and grab the weight, and race back across bridge before it pulls apart. Once across the bridge, drop the weight on the pressure button and get ready for a fight with one of those big green guys. He grabs the crystal so you have to take him down. After he is defeated, grab the crystal and fly into the wind that appears once you grab the crystal. This will teleport you back to the beginning. Place the crystal in front of the dragon and another wind teleporter appears. Ride the wind to the next area. As soon as you land, you will be attacked by more monkeys. Once you have killed them, switch to Spyro and to his earth breath. On the right of the small green crystal, there will be a breakable wall. Turn into the earth ball and ram it until it shatters. Climb up the newly exposed vines and jump to the platform on your right. You will then see some more vines to you right. Jump over to them and make your way across the gap, be careful of the falling rocks. Once across, you should be on a platform with a health crystal in the center of it. Break it if you need it and jump down off the platform. here you will encounter more monkeys, so make quick work of them and have Cynder climb the vines right next to the green crystal. Once she is upside down, switch to Spyro and equip his earth breath. Swing from the tether and use Spyro as a wrecking ball to smash through the wall. Go through the opening and make your way to the second crystal. As you approach the crystal, a monkey goes and steals it. He is then joined by a fairly large group of monkeys that all attach you. Use Cynder’s tornado move to kill the monkeys easily. Once you have killed all of the monkeys, grab the crystal and ride the wind back to the start. Once there, place the crystal where it belongs and get ready for the next half of the level. Head now to the left of the doors and fly to a platform with what looks like a small pool on it. Head past the pool to another part of the platform with some wood on the floor. In the distance, you will see a group of vines, fly towards them and climb up them. At the top, you will see another ledge with climbable vines and the vines that you need to use fire on to get past them. Fly and climb your way to the ledge with the vines needing fire to get past. Here you will be attacked by a small amount of monkeys. Kill them quickly and head over to the green crystal. As you get closer, the camera should shift to the left, showing you another platform. Fly to it and defeat yet another green giant. After he is defeated, switch to Spyro and to fire (keep Spyro with fire for you will need it on the next part) and light the two torches that just appeared. After lighting them, switch to Cynder and fly towards the octagonal shape in the wall with vines in the middle of it. Have Cynder climb to the center and switch to Spyro. Swing Spyro around in a circle while breathing fire to light all four torches which then allows you to go and grab the crystal (monkeys will appear but they are optional to defeat). So with or without killing the monkeys, grab the crystal and head back to the start. Place the crystal where it belongs and ride the new wind teleporter to your left. Once you have landed, head left of the small waterfall and kill some more monkeys as they appear. After they have been taken care of, become Cynder and make sure that both dragons have a good amount of manna. Switch Cynder’s breath to shadow and use her secondary breath to travel underneath the door with the switch behind it. Pull the lever and a key looking pillar comes down. Now switch to Spyro and have him use his electric breath on the conduit right next to the door that Cynder had just opened. You have to do this next part fast or else the blocks will reset, blocking your path. Should that happen, you will have to electrocute the conduit and try again. Have one of the dragons jump up to the bottom of the “key” pillar and grab on. Quickly switch to the other dragon and pull the pillar as far left as you can go. Once in place, drop down from the pillar and fly over to the last crystal. Pick it up and take the last ride to the starting area. Place the crystal and congrats! You have completed Warfang!
This was my first walktrough so please; if you have any suggestions or anything like that, feel free to tell me. Thanks.

Wow, you actually read all that?

Anyway, here's my Photobucket account. It contains maps for all the levels. But BEWARE! There's a picture of Malefor in it, too!

Also: SALTED, ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS FTW!!!!
---
RAWR! I have ADHD. *cough42cough*
My Gallery: Click!
Dragons:Click!
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 12:01:10 27/10/2008 by Denri
Dragonhope Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#2 Posted: 21:26:18 25/10/2008
What are Malefor's attacks? What? I need to prepare!
---
Gaccha! Tanoshii dyueru dattaze!
[smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
spyroblack Gold Sparx Gems: 2961
#3 Posted: 21:33:17 25/10/2008
lol^ (post too short)
---
MENTALLY.
#4 Posted: 21:33:59 25/10/2008
Hey! I'm still in the beginning!
---
#5 Posted: 21:36:35 25/10/2008 | Topic Creator
smilie

Malefor usually shoots 5-6 fireballs. He'll also shoot fire at you. I believe that's all. I could be wrong though, because I was using Fury Breath so I couldn't see much of anything. smilie
---
#6 Posted: 21:37:42 25/10/2008
When does he rest? smilie
---
#7 Posted: 21:38:49 25/10/2008 | Topic Creator
Usually right beetween each attack, and only for a second.
---
#8 Posted: 21:40:03 25/10/2008
That's hard. How can you even beat him when he only rests in a second!?
---
#9 Posted: 21:43:22 25/10/2008 | Topic Creator
No idea. smilie I just did. I used Fury breath, tho. It's long-ranged. Might I suggest that?
---
#10 Posted: 21:44:29 25/10/2008
Okay...now where are all the armor located, Prima Girl?
---
Cynder 1500 Blue Sparx Gems: 819
#11 Posted: 21:50:31 25/10/2008
How do you get at the second crystal in the nderground? The area with the pit with the spike wall?
---
http://CrystalWildfyr.dragonadopters.com/dragon_2353 Please help my lonely dragon!
#12 Posted: 21:56:59 25/10/2008 | Topic Creator
Hold on I must Grab MAH GUIDE! smilie

Spyro:
Set 1:
Helmet: Dragon City
Tail: Twilight Falls
Bracer: The Destroyer.
Bonus Effect: Nuclear Hit
Set 2:
Helmet: Valley Of Avalar
Tail: The Dam
Bracer: Ruins Of Warfang.
Bonus Effect: Immune to Stun
Set 3:
Helmet: The Burned Lands
Tail: The Destroyer
Bracer: Valley Of Avalar.
Bonus Effect: FURY BREATH!

Cynder:
Set 1:
Helmet: Attack Of The Golem
Tail: Dragon City
Bracer: Valley Of Avalar.
Bonus Effect: Poisonous Hit
Set 2:
Helmet: Ruins Of Warfang
Tail: Valley Of Avalar
Bracer: Twilight Falls
Bonus Effect: Immune To Stun
Set 3:
Helmet: Dragon City
Tail: The Burned Lands
Bracer: The Dam
Bonus Effect: FURY BREATH!
---
#13 Posted: 21:58:24 25/10/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Cynder 1500
How do you get at the second crystal in the nderground? The area with the pit with the spike wall?

Hold on, I have answered this so often. I'm C&P'n my best answer.

You don't need to bother with underground. I didn't even know the spike wall was there. Those locked cages? They have purple grates, right? That means that Cynder can get in them. Just chose Shadow breath and walk to the grates. Use your primary breath to become a cloud. Slip underneath the grate and do whatever you need to in the little alcoves. One of them should have a lever in it that lovers a large stone thing. You exit the grate and have Cynder move to that giant stone. Have her grip the bottom of it (There's one of those purple-shiny action things there). Switch to Spyro. Have him electrocute the electrical switch. Then tow the stone across the room quickly. Just like with the raft. You need to get it all the way to the giant keyhole in one go. If you don't get by the retractable stones you have to re-electrocute the switch and try to pull across again. If you can get the stone into the hole, you pass that bit. I believe that's all you do for that crystal, but I might be mistaken. It's 12:10 AM here.
---
#14 Posted: 21:59:09 25/10/2008
Now it's time to get those effects!
---
#15 Posted: 22:02:45 25/10/2008 | Topic Creator
smilie good luck!
---
#16 Posted: 22:03:48 25/10/2008
Why are you saying good luck when I don't have my Wii with Mii? See what I just did smilie
---
#17 Posted: 22:05:18 25/10/2008 | Topic Creator
....Be...cause?

smilie
---
#18 Posted: 22:06:12 25/10/2008
Because I am stuck in the house-of-no-fun-and-games.
---
Miles Tails Gold Sparx Gems: 2059
#19 Posted: 22:10:32 25/10/2008
What are the cheat codes!!? PM me!!smilie
---
We are all chosen for greatness.....but, not all of us accept this greatness....
Pokemon Black and White...is comming....
#20 Posted: 22:11:33 25/10/2008 | Topic Creator
smilie Ok. :3
---
Cynder 1500 Blue Sparx Gems: 819
#21 Posted: 22:12:19 25/10/2008
[quote=Denri][quote=Cynder 1500]How do you get at the second crystal in the nderground? The area with the pit with the spike wall?[/quote]

Hold on, I have answered this so often. I'm C&P'n my best answer...[/quote]

Thank you so much! I always hated those gates.
---
http://CrystalWildfyr.dragonadopters.com/dragon_2353 Please help my lonely dragon!
#22 Posted: 22:13:22 25/10/2008 | Topic Creator
You're welcome. :3
---
#23 Posted: 22:13:51 25/10/2008
Are there glitches in the game?
---
#24 Posted: 22:16:22 25/10/2008 | Topic Creator
None that I've found. :/

Here's a funny incident:
Me and my friend were in the crystal-to-stone-dragon part, on the LAST CRYSTAL. I had i in my mouth. Then I dropped the crystal. Into a bottomless pit. I DROPPED IT. smilie We spent like 15 minutes trying to figure out what to do.
---
#25 Posted: 22:16:23 25/10/2008
Why do you need a glitch.... we already have flying!!smilie
---
We are all chosen for greatness.....but, not all of us accept this greatness....
#26 Posted: 22:17:21 25/10/2008
Also.... you didnt bother to back to where the crystal was!!?smilie
---
#27 Posted: 22:18:14 25/10/2008 | Topic Creator
We did eventually... We returned to the crystal's spawn point and got a new one.
---
#28 Posted: 22:18:27 25/10/2008
Quote: Denri
None that I've found. :/

Here's a funny incident:
Me and my friend were in the crystal-to-stone-dragon part, on the LAST CRYSTAL. I had i in my mouth. Then I dropped the crystal. Into a bottomless pit. I DROPPED IT. smilie We spent like 15 minutes trying to figure out what to do.
Lol! That happened to me when I was yanking Spyro to get up and I dropped the orb it came back, though.
---
#29 Posted: 22:53:32 25/10/2008 | Topic Creator
GAK! *explodes*
---
#30 Posted: 22:55:03 25/10/2008
*throws Denri's dust in thrash*
---
#31 Posted: 22:55:56 25/10/2008 | Topic Creator
*ghost pops up from inside the couch*
smilie niiiiiice.
---
#32 Posted: 23:01:49 25/10/2008
Another question: What's Fury Breathe?
---
#33 Posted: 00:38:51 26/10/2008 | Topic Creator
Fury breath is an attack similar to Convexity breath. It activates when you go into Fury mode. It's like a purple light-based attack.
---
#34 Posted: 00:40:23 26/10/2008
Weird...0__o one more, plot involved!

Does Spyro do like some sort of special power on the end? Show not tell.
---
#35 Posted: 00:46:23 26/10/2008 | Topic Creator
Kinda. When you're fighting Malefor there's a lot of Fury breath going on during those cutscenes where you push buttons. :3

OMG a Taco!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:49:05 26/10/2008 by Denri
#36 Posted: 00:47:44 26/10/2008
Yay! I'll burst Spyro out of his mana! smilie
Spyro: HN smilie
---
#37 Posted: 00:49:53 26/10/2008 | Topic Creator
smilie niiice. Denri's mah fursona's name. smilie
Denri: Hai Spyro! How is you doing today?
---
dragonlover11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1679
#38 Posted: 00:51:02 26/10/2008
how many times do you confront the golem?
---
"What is a man but the sum of his memories? We are the stories we live! The tales we tell ourselves!"
#39 Posted: 00:51:02 26/10/2008
Seriously. I will.
Spyro: Wazzup!? smilie
---
#40 Posted: 00:51:59 26/10/2008 | Topic Creator
Denri: I has a muffin!
---
#41 Posted: 00:52:37 26/10/2008
Spyro: Oooh! Muffin!
What does the Destroyer look like?
---
#42 Posted: 00:53:26 26/10/2008
Quote: dragonlover11
how many times do you confront the golem?

well?
---
"What is a man but the sum of his memories? We are the stories we live! The tales we tell ourselves!"
#43 Posted: 00:55:41 26/10/2008 | Topic Creator
Umm... *counts fingers*

In battle: twice
Him causing trouble: six I think.
---
#44 Posted: 00:56:28 26/10/2008
What does Malefor look like? What? It isn't a big spoiler!
---
#45 Posted: 00:58:41 26/10/2008 | Topic Creator
smilie I once posted a picture. And you are right: No spoiler there.
Here's mah lame scan.
[User Posted Image]
---
#46 Posted: 01:01:49 26/10/2008
He looks wicked!
---
#47 Posted: 01:04:13 26/10/2008
WOAH!!!!!!!! hes awesome!
---
#48 Posted: 01:05:27 26/10/2008
I saw a itty bitty graphic problem there.
---
#49 Posted: 01:07:50 26/10/2008 | Topic Creator
where?
---
#50 Posted: 01:08:55 26/10/2008
His crest or underbelly or whatever you call it! It's placed on the wrong position.
---
Page 1 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me