Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Site Help and Suggestions > Get Some Songs Playing For the Website!
Page 1 of 1
Get Some Songs Playing For the Website! [CLOSED]
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#1 Posted: 12:39:30 15/06/2014 | Topic Creator
I got this idea from Sonic Central, an old Sonic website that used to cover every Sonic game, EVER (but the admin stopped at the first Mario & Sonic game). It even had demos, maybe walkthroughs, a bunch of flash games; it was HUGE!

Alongside from that, the website would play soundtracks from the latest Sonic games. Some of the soundtracks were Team Chaotix, from Sonic Heroes, some soundtrack from Sonic Riders, and other stuff like that.

I'm thinking that dark52 should go ahead and do something like that. All he needs to do is make more than one playlist, and he's set!
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#2 Posted: 13:08:14 15/06/2014
*Facepalm*
Eh... how do I put this lightly... .
I dont think... that will happen.
Loco, maaby you need to stop making these topics...
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#3 Posted: 22:50:21 15/06/2014
Too much coding for that stuff. It can overwhelm people. Plus where would the playlist be to stop the music from annoying the crap out of people?

Is restraining yourself from making many topics a problem for you?
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#4 Posted: 03:11:50 16/06/2014
Aside from everything else, you run into potential legal issues. I seriously doubt Dark wants to obtain a license to broadcast music from Activision - and who knows where the rights lie with some of the older titles.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#5 Posted: 22:53:51 16/06/2014
Wouldn't that lag same devices?
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#6 Posted: 23:07:55 16/06/2014
A website that plays music in the background puts people off staying on the website (that's also the case for all you Tumblrites who have music in the background).

There's also the fact that this is a forum which means that most users have the website open on multiple tabs for different topics and most users don't stay on one page for a long amount of time and the music would change every time you loaded a new page.
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#7 Posted: 23:18:19 16/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: bionicle2809
A website that plays music in the background puts people off staying on the website (that's also the case for all you Tumblrites who have music in the background).

There's also the fact that this is a forum which means that most users have the website open on multiple tabs for different topics and most users don't stay on one page for a long amount of time and the music would change every time you loaded a new page.

Have you ever even visited Sonic Central before? The music seamlessly played throughout the pages. Even when you changed pages, the same track would continue.

The tab thing is a different story, but I'm sure that the mute button would handle the problem.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me