darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Am I the only one that noticed that the "new" 3ds portal does not...
Page 1 of 1
Am I the only one that noticed that the "new" 3ds portal does not...
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#1 Posted: 18:40:20 11/06/2014 | Topic Creator
... have a spot for traps? Also it looks like the starter pack does not come with a trap...

[User Posted Image]
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:43:20 11/06/2014 by darkrai848
talon4000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#2 Posted: 18:44:28 11/06/2014
Since for the 3DS you haven't needed the portal with you in previous games, maybe it doesn't use traps? dunno
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#3 Posted: 18:44:30 11/06/2014
Most of us have noticed that. It's weird though.
---
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#4 Posted: 18:45:51 11/06/2014
Nope.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#5 Posted: 18:46:50 11/06/2014
I may just skip the 3ds version this year if Gusto is in a single...
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#6 Posted: 18:47:36 11/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Well looking closer at it that is the same 3DS portal from giants. (not even the swap force one.) Maybe it is a place holder portal... seems odd tho it would still be named trap team with no traps.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#7 Posted: 18:51:27 11/06/2014
I'll probably get the game but sell Gusto - he's hideous.

As for the game name, yeah, you'd think if there weren't traps then it would have some other game like how the two new Sonic games have different titles between Wii U and 3DS.

My best guess though is that trapping in this game will follow how adding Skylanders in Swap Force 3DS worked - unlimited and you change just using the bottom screen.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#8 Posted: 18:53:28 11/06/2014
No traps, but it does have a sidekick. Just a thought, but maybe the sidekicks function as some type of trap for the 3DS.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#9 Posted: 19:22:11 11/06/2014
Ill skip 3ds...
Eh, you're not the ly one pal.
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#10 Posted: 19:24:03 11/06/2014
It could be a place holder or a mistake. Many users have seen prototype toy images used in Skylanders merchandise.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#11 Posted: 20:24:02 11/06/2014
Its either A) a placeholder image or smilie traps wont work with 3DS.

To be honest, with the addition of Barkley being in the 3DS version, it doesn't surprise me that the 3DS version could be very very different than the console version. Likely, you wont be trapping villains at all (there will probably just be one main villain) and instead will play the game regularly but with Sidekicks getting an upgrade to Skylanders.

Interesting to see exactly what the game will entail, the press stuff didn't include any screenshots of the 3DS version. I think both it and the Wii U version had the same information in the download folder.

I think it'll also be super interesting to see exactly where Gusto will show up. Single release is possible, but if they do it on release day then there's absolutely no point to buy the 3DS version unless you wanted another based Barkley. (or unless red based Barkley will show up as a Skylander and orange based Barkley will show up as a magic item lol)
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
FaboulousFab Yellow Sparx Gems: 1247
#12 Posted: 20:55:35 11/06/2014
Bah, swap force game on 3ds was exactly the same as giant except you could have all your collection stored.
I'm afraid, with that one, the trapping system will be forgotten or reduced to minimal.

And I expect that sidekicks will only be useful for the 3ds. A counter part for not having vilains capturable?

edit : Oups in fact i said the same than Spyroflame smilie
---
Marge: But I thought broccoli was...
Dr. Hibbert: Oh yes. One of the deadliest plants on earth. It tries to warn you itself with its terrible taste.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:01:12 11/06/2014 by FaboulousFab
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#13 Posted: 21:00:05 11/06/2014
its a place holder picture... the box dont even have a look-through plastic for the figurine.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#14 Posted: 21:07:04 11/06/2014
Quote: darkrai848
... have a spot for traps? Also it looks like the starter pack does not come with a trap...

[User Posted Image]

Prototype picture?
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
TheLurk Blue Sparx Gems: 533
#15 Posted: 04:49:37 12/06/2014
If this is a prototype picture, does that mean everything in it has the possibility of changing? Because I'm thinking if they do away with having a sidekick in the pack, someone's gonna flip out. Especially if this pic makes the price of sidekicks go down, and then suddenly we find out "Oops! Our bad! No Sidekicks here!". Or for those who want them to do more than follow you around cutely. I honestly hope the portal will change to the new style, or it'll be something of a waste, right?
---
SF 13 SF, 19 reg, 5 LC, TT, FF, JBB
Got: extra Cynders, 1 Lgd Trigger Happy.
WE WON THE SUPERBOWL!! WOOHOO!!
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#16 Posted: 05:04:19 12/06/2014
Why even call the game Trap Team if you cannot even use the current gimmick on it?
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#17 Posted: 05:17:33 12/06/2014
I can imagine what they may do here. The game may have an in game option to switch into the villains like how Swap Force allowed you to change into any character uploaded on the portal. That be clever, but that just ruins the magic of capturing a villain and ruins the experience in all honesty if it does.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#18 Posted: 05:34:29 12/06/2014
You may be able to just place the trap on the portal, rather than needing to slot it in. maybe there are no villains to be trapped in the 3DS version, but you can use the ones from the console.

There is also the possibility of 3DS version only villains, and that would be both awesome and terrible at the same time.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#19 Posted: 11:09:54 12/06/2014
Quote: TheLurk
"Oops! Our bad! No Sidekicks here!".

They also made a card, Mini jini is on the title, we see trigger snappy and a new spyro sidekick in the official trailer. I don't think sidekicks is a mistake.
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#20 Posted: 12:33:34 12/06/2014
I'm surprised there isn't outrage that you're going to end up paying $75 for this and getting far *LESS* than ever before. Seriously even if the portal's a proto there's hardly anything included!
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#21 Posted: 13:14:11 12/06/2014
Quote: Kung Fu Man
I'm surprised there isn't outrage that you're going to end up paying $75 for this and getting far *LESS* than ever before. Seriously even if the portal's a proto there's hardly anything included!

its a bit early yet to get angry, its just a replacement picture....
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Corn_Hornet Yellow Sparx Gems: 1982
#22 Posted: 15:04:18 12/06/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
Quote: Kung Fu Man

its a bit early yet to get angry, its just a replacement picture....

Isn't the 3ds version cheaper this time? I thought dark had posted it as $65 a few days ago.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#23 Posted: 15:08:20 12/06/2014
First of all, this is one of my good reasons why I only prefer the console versions because they are way better than the 3DS types. The 3DS versions always have different story lines about Skylanders. And secondly, I really hope Gusto will be available in a single pack.
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#24 Posted: 15:11:49 12/06/2014
Eh, that's a less bitter pill to swallow. Something odd to note though is Gusto's card. Snapshot's in what we've seen resembles the same kind we've seen with swap force characters, yet this one has the more traditional style.

Kinda meaningless I guess, but worth pointing out.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#25 Posted: 15:46:46 12/06/2014
They likely won't use traps. The 3DS is weird, because it is portable and they understand that you can't haul your figures every where you go and you do not have a constant connection to the portal. Traps will probably be handled internally by simply using a Trap Master. So even less use for the traps, if the $11.99 price is real I anticipate the uptake on them to be low. Most people will only have a couple, maybe even just the ones that come with it. But to buy 40 of them? Ha.

At least when I buy a figure I get something cool to display and the kids to play with, as well as adding content to multiple games.
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#26 Posted: 22:03:10 12/06/2014
Well, for the 3DS version is still something I'll allways get. Though if they ever make it a 'watered down version of the consoles' I'll admit 'when' i get it would change.

Anyways for starters. the name "Trap Team" techincally refers to the group of Trap Team Skylanders... Not the traps.

as for the 'placement holder' well true it hasn't shown the actual 3DS box yet. So never know. But in some aspects, It's possible they seen that with how their 'uploading your collection' to the game to use virtually, wouldn't really help as well with the traps. Though does make me wonder if Villians in traps are... cross game-able. Meaning if I have Wolfgang in one trap.. and I take it to my nephew's house and play it there... will it still register I have Wolf Gang in there?

Cuz if you think of the way you replace villians. (IE the vault) What's stopping you from say goingg to your friend's house and just taking their villians and bringing them to your console, without having to catch them yourself.

But you never know exactly. But if that's true... then perhaps they didn't think there was a reason to include the physical traps for the 3DS game, since it'd be more of a bother, to lug around 8 traps and a portal, to play it.

Though I'm still wondering what's the diffferences between the traps. Besides element, and a 'custom design' how are they different on the game?
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
ShaneK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1736
#27 Posted: 04:25:31 13/06/2014
Quote: defpally
. . . Traps will probably be handled internally by simply using a Trap Master. So even less use for the traps, if the $11.99 price is real I anticipate the uptake on them to be low. Most people will only have a couple, maybe even just the ones that come with it. But to buy 40 of them? Ha. . .

Do you mean price of traps?

From the sticky:

Quote: dark52
Individual price for a trap is $5.99
icecube7731 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1298
#28 Posted: 00:21:50 16/06/2014
Yeah the 3ds gives a lot less for this game than ever before.
---
37skylanders bsmilie rsmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
28skylanders + minis(no smilie)
SSF: All minus dark STT: All standard
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#29 Posted: 04:57:36 19/06/2014
Quote: icecube7731
Yeah the 3ds gives a lot less for this game than ever before.

Not necessarily. See it may or may not be missing it's primary gimik but that doesn't mean the gameplay will be missing. Just because the traps aren't reguired. as One possibilty is that you can still trap villians, just not with the traps... so in a since that allows you to do the same thing as the console... but without the extra cost.

Not to mention any of the other adjustments to the game, not nessisarily the main gimick.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#30 Posted: 05:06:09 19/06/2014
Given how the Swap Force game on the 3DS worked, letting you finally save your characters, and avoid the needed to constantly have the figures on hand. I could see a similar method working here. It might still require a trap of each element at some point to be placed on the portal. After that fact its saved. Maybe you can set a villain for a trap, but you'd locked as that villain for the whole level, unlike the ability to swap at will with the console version.

We give up easier swapping options and the speaker for saving costs on traps. Its not a horrible trade in the long run. Most people are going to get a console version anyways. There are very few Skylanders fans that I can see as being 3DS players only.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me