Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > If they make a new Spyro game...
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
If they make a new Spyro game... [CLOSED]
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#1 Posted: 14:08:47 25/10/2008 | Topic Creator
Would you rather it be a part of the Original games or the Legend games? This topic's been bugging me for awhile and I would like some opinions (and am too lazy to search for this topic if it's already been made)! ^.^;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Cynder_fan Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#2 Posted: 14:50:27 25/10/2008
Legend. I think cynder will only be in the legend games
---
Local technician who comes up with rediculous ideas
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#3 Posted: 18:40:11 25/10/2008
Original, cuz there hardcore
SpyroCrazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1648
#4 Posted: 19:34:18 25/10/2008
I don't honestly know smilie
---
SuperWhoAvengePokéThatterLock
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#5 Posted: 02:24:08 26/10/2008
Either. ^_^ I enjoy both of the trilogies! Legend, then Original! Ooh.. I wonder if Cynder could go with the Original, too? That would be cool.
bmah Platinum Sparx Gems: 5561
#6 Posted: 23:10:45 26/10/2008
Original, as I'm, well, platform-biased when comparing to fighting-oriented games.
---
I now have a deviantART account! Check me out at http://bmah.deviantart.com/
Post a comment if you can. Thanks everyone!
RaidonMakoto Green Sparx Gems: 379
#7 Posted: 01:52:17 27/10/2008
Original, pl0x. I'm tired of getting crap shoveled down my throat by Sierra, and I hope Activision feels the same way.
---
http://spyroworld.net/wiki/Main_Page - Spyro Wiki
http://spyrohistory.com - A Brief History of Spyro
http://spyroforum.com - Spyro Forum (I Mod There)
Spyro2008 Ripto Gems: 1353
#8 Posted: 02:00:18 27/10/2008
Quote: HIR
Would you rather it be a part of the Original games or the Legend games? This topic's been bugging me for awhile and I would like some opinions (and am too lazy to search for this topic if it's already been made)! ^.^;

Original for sure.
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#9 Posted: 02:09:07 27/10/2008
Legend, hands down
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
Spyro2008 Ripto Gems: 1353
#10 Posted: 02:40:05 27/10/2008
Quote: Cloudtail4ever
Legend, hands down

*Flicks forehead.* Enough! I'm sick of this "omg it was a cliffhanger!" crap.
Innovation please.
#11 Posted: 02:47:28 27/10/2008
It wasn't a cliffhanger, I just like the gameplay better. They could have new plots, characters, and settings for all I care, just same style gameplay
---
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#12 Posted: 10:47:10 27/10/2008
legend. bring back the older games and spyro willl go.
_
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
v

people don't want games like that anymore.
#13 Posted: 12:33:48 27/10/2008
not nessiceraly, the first three were great, ETD was the worst but that wasnt made by isomniac games.
---
Cynder28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2731
#14 Posted: 15:05:05 27/10/2008
Legend.I love action!
---
A wise man once said, "That's a pretty dumb thing to ask a magical girl."
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#15 Posted: 00:43:40 28/10/2008
In the Legend universe. It's a hell of a lot better.
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#16 Posted: 01:24:54 28/10/2008
Legend.
DDR_Maniac Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#17 Posted: 01:27:57 28/10/2008
Original.
Neve Green Sparx Gems: 175
#18 Posted: 01:45:55 28/10/2008
Legend. Why? Because as much as I love the older games could
you see today's average gamer playing an 'original' kind of Spyro game?

In order for Spyro /not/ to fade away, they HAD to reboot the series.
I love the old games as much as anyone ... but .. I just don't see how they could come back ):
---
You cannot run away from a weakness; you must sometimes fight it out or perish. And if that be so, why not now, and where you stand?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:46:23 28/10/2008 by Neve
#19 Posted: 01:51:23 28/10/2008
I see what you mean
---
Dragonhope Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#20 Posted: 02:38:49 28/10/2008
Legend.

Oh c'mon! Sure, ANB and TEN just sucked badly dosen't mean they're going to fail forever! They both had charm, along with DotD. Even if Activision is in charge now, it's up to them. The original series...I don't know if they can ever bring back Ripto *shivers* I don't even wanna see Ripto.
---
Gaccha! Tanoshii dyueru dattaze!
[smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
#21 Posted: 02:41:37 28/10/2008
Lol, Ripto was probably the corniest villain ever in a Spyro game xD
But he did have a bit of 'funny' aspect to him.

I wouldn't mind seeing Gnasty Gnorc in an upcoming game though. =D
---
You cannot run away from a weakness; you must sometimes fight it out or perish. And if that be so, why not now, and where you stand?
#22 Posted: 02:42:23 28/10/2008
But they overused Ripto a lot of times.
---
#23 Posted: 02:44:20 28/10/2008
Oh, no, I didn't say I wanted him back. I definitely don't. o:
---
#24 Posted: 02:46:42 28/10/2008
Me neither. Lol smilie Everytime I imagine Cynder on that face on your avatar it looks like she's daydreaming.
---
#25 Posted: 02:48:51 28/10/2008
Yeah, it actually does! smilie lol.
---
#26 Posted: 04:07:32 28/10/2008
For gameplay's sake, they'd better make it something like the legends, or the same style of gameplay
---
#27 Posted: 04:08:13 28/10/2008
Like the legends.
---
artiste_violet Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10824
#28 Posted: 12:03:42 29/10/2008
I think Sierra should remake the first Spyro game but with DotD gameplay and use the characters from the TLOS games. Imagine Gnasty Gnorc in High Definition smilie!
randomwarrior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1067
#29 Posted: 19:28:34 29/10/2008
Like Ross said in the ETD topic, I think they should give ETD a redo, it could be better and they could correct and upgrade it, it could be a much better game.
---
"You have too many roads, demolish them and replace them with streets to save on maintenance.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING, YOU WILL REGRET THIS"
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#30 Posted: 08:34:29 30/10/2008
I think they should go back to the original. I just hope Cynder is in it. ANB and TEN have a good story line and they have great grapcis but there nothing but fighting anoying apes all the time and it gets really boring. There also very short. There not as good as the Original.
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:36:34 30/10/2008 by Cynder_543
#31 Posted: 20:10:03 31/10/2008
I'm not that sure what they'll do with Cynder now, if they go back to the old series theres a very very very slim chance of Cynder returning in fact I doubt she'll be able to return at all *holds up bullet proof shield*. But they'll have to think of a new plot to take off from AHT or they could start over and remake the original three then go on from there. But I'm pretty sure for now the Legend series still has a long way to go and when the Legend series dies maybe they'll think of bringing back the original because I think they've said that they're not done with the LoS series yet.
---
"You have too many roads, demolish them and replace them with streets to save on maintenance.
cynder21 Gold Sparx Gems: 2214
#32 Posted: 01:48:45 01/11/2008
i really hope they continue with LOS seires. maybe they will try to make a game with just cynder in it or something.
---
This old place has changed too much
#33 Posted: 03:11:28 01/11/2008
DotD is the last in the trilogy, unfortunaly.
---
#34 Posted: 03:19:09 01/11/2008
It's not the end of the LoS characters and stories, though.
Just the end of the trilogy that reboots the Spyro series smilie
---
spyrochick308 Green Sparx Gems: 398
#35 Posted: 04:03:55 01/11/2008
The legend series was awesome, but i liked the old games too.....
I say if they make another game they should combine both the Legend and original series.
---
I love spyro!
#36 Posted: 04:05:06 01/11/2008
Quote: spyrochick308
The legend series was awesome, but i liked the old games too.....
I say if they make another game they should combine both the Legend and original series.

Now THAT would be awesome =D
---
Spyro Technics Yellow Sparx Gems: 1899
#37 Posted: 08:44:44 01/11/2008
If Legend means like ANB & TEN, then PLEASE NO!

I would like a mixture.

Origend.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#38 Posted: 02:04:30 02/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: artiste_violet
I think Sierra should remake the first Spyro game but with DotD gameplay and use the characters from the TLOS games. Imagine Gnasty Gnorc in High Definition XD!

*...* OH GOD THE PIXELS! *faints* x.x
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#39 Posted: 21:03:41 02/11/2008
I'd like to see a few LoS spinoffs like maybe more about Cynder's past and maybe a game for Malefor, playing through his live to learn more about the history of purple dragons. Then I'd like to see them return to the old style, I'm not too sure about that though but maybe one day.
---
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#40 Posted: 21:14:34 02/11/2008
Continued after SL
cynder21 Gold Sparx Gems: 2214
#41 Posted: 22:38:32 02/11/2008
i still wish they would have LOS like style come back it was good and fun and i hope they keep the double player and flying.
---
This old place has changed too much
#42 Posted: 04:59:16 03/11/2008
I think they should make a game about Cynder's life. From egg to maby the end of ANB. Then you would be Dark Cynder and you get to see what baby Cynder looks like. It would also tell you a little bit more about her past. That would be great. A one about Malefor's life would be cool too. smilie I really want to send Serria (sp?) an e-mail to see if they would do this. Just to give them an idea about the the next Spyro game. But the prob is that I never have send an e-mail to someone so I don't know how. smilie
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
spyroxxx4 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1734
#43 Posted: 02:24:10 01/12/2008
i think it should be part of the legend one. the legend one has better graphics health meters more voilence cool moves not to mention a more violent story line
---
We all say things, sometimes its a situation where you dont know what youll do until it comes.
Spyro LUVA Blue Sparx Gems: 638
#44 Posted: 15:31:55 01/12/2008
You should change the topic title to when they make a new game. More games have been confirmed you know.

I don't know personnaly. It should be a mix; the story should be light hearted and happy like the originals, and also humorous. Spyro isn't as spunky as before either. I also liked the portals of the original games. I'd like to keep the graphics of DotD, and the free flight plus multiple elements and Meele combat. The Guardians and Chronicler should stay too. Cynder could also remain as long as her personality improves.

Note:
I can think of some instances where Cynder could have been a lot tougher/stronger:
Ignitus' death/return of Dark Spyro.
smilie *becomes DS* I'm going back! You can't stop me!
smilie O Rly? Watch me! *tackles Spyro and beats some sense into him*

In Malefor's lair/She tricked Spyro?!
:Malefor: It was you who freed me and you who brought me back! And we havve Cynder to thank for that.
smilie Is that true Cynder?
smilie NO, LIES! *to Malefor* You can't fool me anymore! *Attacks Malefor; Stopped by curse which turns her into Dark Cynder.*
---
Look @ my YouTube channel! PLZ subscribe if you like!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SpyroLUVA
OBEY THE HIPNOTOAD! THE HIPNOTOAD KNOWS ALL!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:32:57 01/12/2008 by Spyro LUVA
jimmy dragon Ripto Gems: 841
#45 Posted: 12:44:57 02/12/2008
i would like a spyro shadow legacy sequel.
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#46 Posted: 17:32:40 02/12/2008
Quote: Spyro LUVA
You should change the topic title to when they make a new game. More games have been confirmed you know.

I don't know personnaly. It should be a mix; the story should be light hearted and happy like the originals, and also humorous. Spyro isn't as spunky as before either. I also liked the portals of the original games. I'd like to keep the graphics of DotD, and the free flight plus multiple elements and Meele combat. The Guardians and Chronicler should stay too. Cynder could also remain as long as her personality improves.

Note:
I can think of some instances where Cynder could have been a lot tougher/stronger:
Ignitus' death/return of Dark Spyro.
smilie *becomes DS* I'm going back! You can't stop me!
smilie O Rly? Watch me! *tackles Spyro and beats some sense into him*

In Malefor's lair/She tricked Spyro?!
:Malefor: It was you who freed me and you who brought me back! And we havve Cynder to thank for that.
smilie Is that true Cynder?
smilie NO, LIES! *to Malefor* You can't fool me anymore! *Attacks Malefor; Stopped by curse which turns her into Dark Cynder.*

BLEGH! THE MARY SUENESS! no...no cynders like THAT please............
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#47 Posted: 03:35:08 03/12/2008
I'll repeat what I said...

The problem with the new games is that they are extremely short and up until the third game, rail-roaded you far too much.

Thus, in the best world, we would have games that would carry on with the improved gameplay mechanics of the new games (but limit flight and bring back limited lives) and the improved storyline (face it: the old games' plots were very much excuse-type plots) but also have the larger, open-ended levels of the old games.

Mostly, they would be longer than 10 hours-long.

Oh and... since the new games are more story-based, add the ability to maybe follow sub-quests and sub-plots in the stages excluding the game's main plot? Maybe even multiple endings? I dunno.

My point is that the new games did not exploit the reboot's mechanics and settings fully. There is a lot of room for improvement and rather than going back to a setting and gameplay style that was grinded into the ground to the point of becoming stale, I'd like to see the new mechanics and gameplay being improved upon while learning from the past.
#48 Posted: 12:03:22 03/12/2008
I think they should be a mix. Like the free flight and the bright and happyness and the portle thingys from the originals. They should make it a bit of button mashing but not too much other whys it gets boring. They should make it have good grapics and make it go on for a long time. For at list 3 or 4 weeks. Sparx will be your health again and to get you health back, you have to kill sheep. You DON'T need to collect tresuere (I didn't like that idea.... don't start to dich me smilie). Oh I like the charactor disings from TLOS the most (DOTD is best) so they should keep that. They should make it that Sparx still talks and that he says ramdom things when things get seriuse. He was the only thing that made the games funny... I hope they keep the free flight. They better not go back to that boring old gliding. Oh they should have more pazzles and more exploring. I love games that you have to use your brain alot. They also should bring Cynder, the chronicler and the gardians back too. They should also bring back Elora. But not Ember. smilie And thats about it. So, what do ya think?
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#49 Posted: 12:59:20 03/12/2008
Quote: Cynder_543
I think they should be a mix. Like the free flight and the bright and happyness and the portle thingys from the originals. They should make it a bit of button mashing but not too much other whys it gets boring. They should make it have good grapics and make it go on for a long time. For at list 3 or 4 weeks. Sparx will be your health again and to get you health back, you have to kill sheep. You DON'T need to collect tresuere (I didn't like that idea.... don't start to dich me smilie). Oh I like the charactor disings from TLOS the most (DOTD is best) so they should keep that. They should make it that Sparx still talks and that he says ramdom things when things get seriuse. He was the only thing that made the games funny... I hope they keep the free flight. They better not go back to that boring old gliding. Oh they should have more pazzles and more exploring. I love games that you have to use your brain alot. They also should bring Cynder, the chronicler and the gardians back too. They should also bring back Elora. And Ember. Thats about it. So, what do ya think?

Fix'd. I agree with this.
---
Keep smile
Stormy Gold Sparx Gems: 2624
#50 Posted: 22:46:42 03/12/2008
Quote: Tango
legend. bring back the older games and spyro willl go.
_
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
v

people don't want games like that anymore.

Uhh, no. Just because you don't like the originals does NOT mean no one does. >___>

Original Spyro, please. TLoS (and most of its fanbase) just annoys the heck out of me (for various reasons which I doubt anyone on this forum will actually take the time to read).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:48:13 03/12/2008 by Stormy
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me