Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Maleficent [CLOSED]
AmethystRose Yellow Sparx Gems: 1132
#1 Posted: 19:33:40 05/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Who has seen it?
As a diehard Disney villain lover, I was extremely excited about this movie, I even went to see the Exclusive sneak peek while I was in Disney World, and I got even more excited.
I have to tell you, it wasn't like I exected it....at all. I'll try to refrain from giving away any spoilers to the best of my ability.
Yes, as expected, it was entirely focused on Maleficent, and she had glorious screen time. We definitely learned more about her. Angelina Jolie does a magnificent job playing her and nailed the role spot-on. She's even really funny at times, and makes Maleficent have a secret 'prankster' like personality.
However... the bad parts...
The story and plot seemed rather good, but sometimes they were just a little too confusing at times.
It wasn't at all how we thought it was going to be. I'll just say that.
This movie received mixed reviews, but I rather enjoyed it. It was supposed to be a re-imagining of the classic Sleeping Beauty tale, and boy, did they re-imagine it!
All in all, I give the movie a 7.5/10, and I really suggest any Disney fan or villain-lover to go see it.
---
ϟ Break my heart, break me til I fall apart. ϟ
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#2 Posted: 05:38:28 07/06/2014
I don't consider myself a big Disney fan, but I actually really want to see Maleficent. That's all I can offer this topic though because I haven't seen it yet smilie
---
but i love it all smooth
Spyroboy Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12070
#3 Posted: 21:11:06 07/06/2014
I saw it on Tuesday with a friend of mine and we both really liked it. When the movie started I didn't think it was going to be really good, but it turned out a lot better than I thought it would be and the ending wasn't what I had expected, but I thought it gave the movie a good change.
---
「恋愛なんてだっさー‼ヤングは迷わずテクノブレイク一択でしょ‼」
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#4 Posted: 20:01:52 13/06/2014
Once upon a time, I saw Oz The Great and Powerful. I found it incredibly boring and dull despite most people I knew saying that they enjoyed it. Maleficent is going down the same way for me as Oz was last year and looks to be similar. I am not going to see it.
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#5 Posted: 21:44:49 13/06/2014
i saw Maleficent recently. to be honest, i didn't really like it. the visuals were great, and Angelina Jolie killed it as Maleficent, but the writing and characters were not developed very well. this is especially evident during the second half.
---
Cool cool.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#6 Posted: 21:49:14 13/06/2014
>.>
<.<
I thought it was terrible.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#7 Posted: 00:25:13 14/06/2014
I really want to see this movie, but I just keep getting this feeling that it's going to be bad. Mainly because I never trust these types of movies that are like a spin off of the original.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#8 Posted: 17:47:18 14/06/2014
I saw it a couple of days after it came out...It's a pretty good movie actually...Although I feel like it makes Maleficent not seem like a Maleficent. People who saw the original and liked it, don't watch this movie. It will make Maleficent seem like a coward to you (my guessing of course). People who never saw the original (like me) are going to love this movie. It's a very nice and funny movie that goes through Maleficent's life (her ups AND downs).
Rendar Platinum Sparx Gems: 6473
#9 Posted: 06:11:38 15/06/2014
Great movie. I love what they did with Maleficent's character.

[User Posted Image]

(Also I also felt Oz the Great and Powerful wasn't as good as it should have been)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:12:32 15/06/2014 by Rendar
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#10 Posted: 15:36:54 07/07/2014
Did it seriously take me so long to get that
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#11 Posted: 00:54:07 08/07/2014
Amazing. Saw it in theatres a while back. I love the explanation for the Raven.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me