darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Trap Team at E3: What Do You Want to Know?
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Trap Team at E3: What Do You Want to Know?
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#101 Posted: 04:32:21 28/06/2014
Somewhere I heard or read that the villain is a shared resource, but can be used by only one character at a time in multi player. It seems strange to me, but I guess that's the only way something like this would actually work. Actually I also think the trap gimmick is going to hickup in some places like this as it won't feel as intuitive.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
1ofWiisdom Green Sparx Gems: 480
#102 Posted: 08:19:11 28/06/2014 | Topic Creator
^As above.

I had someone ask if both players in 2P Co-Op could be villains at the same time. The answer is no. I saw the article you linked. The confusion came when the game was announced and people were reporting 2-4 villains per trap (1 per trap was from one source as best I know). I think the concept just fried people's brains, or they were just more interested in other things...It would kind of be a bombshell if you were in attendance at that original announcement, hence why it would have been a submitted question for me to try and get answers to...

I am simply saying that after getting confirmation it is 1 villain per trap, there would be no way for 2 Players to each play simultaneously as a villain. Just as Ghost Roaster mentioned above...If you and I were playing Ch 1 and had Broccoli Guy I could play as him, switch back to Terrafin, and then you could switch from Spyro to Broccoli Guy.

Bottom line what you are thinking is correct, I elaborated on it in the video and a post above, but this should put the nail in the coffin for you, lol. It is an important question for the reasons you mentioned. Parent (P1) and Child (P2) shouldn't be an issue with just one villain...Sibling (P1) and Sibling (P2) might get interesting, lol. That said, I'd imagine very few siblings would have the same favorite, so it may be a deal where they simply alternate Traps at each expiration point...who knows. I play 99% single, but I hope to get to play with my Nephew in 2P. I'll pretty much let him run the villains, outside of Wolf Gang...I'll be taking those turns smilie
---
1ofWiisdom: Blogger, YouTuber, and Portal Master
http://www.1ofWiisdom.com
http://www.youtube.com/1ofWiisdom
1ofWiisdom Green Sparx Gems: 480
#103 Posted: 08:33:38 28/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Here is Part 3:

Questions from the following users are included: Matteomax, Toynerd14, Eggers, Arc of Archives, Ghostroaster617, Wicked Rogue, LloydDXZX, and TheShadowDragon

Quick run down on some of the topics in this installment:
-Sidekicks and their Role
-Villain Vault
-Quests/Heroics
-Jump Attacks
-Trap Designs
-Hats (Interesting info here)
-3DS/Online/More Heroics etc
--Obviously at this point the overlap questions (Adventure Packs, Online, Heroics, get less personal responses and quicker "covered that" answers. I felt it was important to still highlight the sheer number of people who took the time to ask questions and how so many had the same topics in mind...This will hopefully help build up the case for Heroics and Online Play etc for this and future releases. Sorry if it seems redundant, but that is my goal in not just skipping those repeat questions entirely.

**Once again, thanks to everyone who submitted questions. Ideally I would have loved to get elaborate answers to everything, but that just isn't in the cards. I try to keep things positive and as a very serious fan of the series I can tell you I left E3 excited and anxiously looking forward to Trap Team. The main thing to me is the gameplay and subsequent figures, particularly the new ones. The figure quality seems even better than SWAP Force and the gameplay was as smooth as it was in SSA, but with greatly enhanced visuals. There is a lot unknown, but I can confidently tell you, at least based on what I saw and personally played, Trap Team is going to be a great installment!
---
1ofWiisdom: Blogger, YouTuber, and Portal Master
http://www.1ofWiisdom.com
http://www.youtube.com/1ofWiisdom
Toynerd14 Ripto Gems: 95
#104 Posted: 12:00:52 28/06/2014
Wow... That REALLY sucks you couldn't get ANYTHING about the game. At least you tried. That's why 1ofWiisdom is my favorite Skylander Youtuber because he tries his hardest to cover what everyone wants. Nice try, nonetheless.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#105 Posted: 13:13:35 28/06/2014
Quote: 1ofWiisdom
^As above.

Bottom line what you are thinking is correct, I elaborated on it in the video and a post above, but this should put the nail in the coffin for you, lol. It is an important question for the reasons you mentioned. Parent (P1) and Child (P2) shouldn't be an issue with just one villain...Sibling (P1) and Sibling (P2) might get interesting, lol. That said, I'd imagine very few siblings would have the same favorite, so it may be a deal where they simply alternate Traps at each expiration point...who knows. I play 99% single, but I hope to get to play with my Nephew in 2P. I'll pretty much let him run the villains, outside of Wolf Gang...I'll be taking those turns smilie

im ready to hammer the nail in the wood now...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#106 Posted: 15:02:57 28/06/2014
Some comments:
  • I think a Skylanders retailer has semi-confirmed that there will be trap triple packs, 1ofWiisdom. Not truly confirmed, but seems like it.
  • I've heard someone (Acti) talk about the fact that untrapped villains go into the vault. Go to the hub and load him up when you buy the trap.
  • There's semi confirmations from a Skylanders retailer that the mini figures are going to be available in a double pack. That may explain the 18 core number we heard early on.
  • It amuses me that they put in a timer because people were playing the gimmick too much---well duh! Don't make something and then slap us down because we like it. It feels almost sadistic to me.
  • Thank you for communicating about heroics. Some may not like it, but for those who want tweaked stats, it was a godsend. The legendary treasure approach in Swap Force wasn't enough.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 15:46:49 28/06/2014 by GhostRoaster
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#107 Posted: 22:44:49 28/06/2014
1ofWiisdom, great job representing the community and what we want to know!! Very appreciated!
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me